Bring4th

Full Version: Something I didn't expect to see...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/ho-ho-h...job,30705/

I already liked the onion, I like them more now.
Unfortunately, this article is subject to confirmation bias.

People who think 9/11 was an inside job think that this article is written to help illuminate others.

People who think the official story is legit think that this article is making fun of conspiracy theorists.

Brittany

I don't think the Onion really cares how people take it. It's a satire publication, designed to make people think using tongue-in-cheek humor. People who take it too seriously just make it even more humorous.
(12-30-2012, 06:30 AM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]People who think the official story is legit think that this article is making fun of conspiracy theorists.

I don't see how. It has facts presented in a satirical way, but they are still facts.

(12-30-2012, 07:50 AM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the Onion really cares how people take it. It's a satire publication, designed to make people think using tongue-in-cheek humor. People who take it too seriously just make it even more humorous.

Normally, I agree. But this time...obviously someone at The Onion realized they had a great way to get the truth out. I think it's a stroke of genius! They were able to state the facts under the pretense of their usual satire, and reached people who otherwise might not have been reached.
Santa-speak reminds me of all kinds of mainstream channelings.. RollEyes

I liked the article btw, shared it on my fb.