Bring4th

Full Version: I am awake.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning. Smile I just would like to post here and let any who read this know that if you are seeking, or confused, I am here to offer light, love, and a healing hand.

As for a personal "story", well, I was homeschooled for 10 years. I then attended public high school for the next two years and although I had no problem fitting in, I was thrust unexpectedly into the suffering and craziness of today's youth. (I am still considered youth, after all I'm only 20!) This sudden exposure acted as a major catalyst for inner transformation. I started reading books on spirituality and "new age" subjects. I also started looking at Buddhism and Taoism, as well as Christianity from a new perspective. It took me a farther two years to come to the point of awakening that I am at now.

Normally, I don't post on messageboards or get involved in online communities (except Facebook lol) However, I feel a strong calling to "make myself available for service" here. If you have any questions, I am here to answer.

ayadew

Welcome Aaron. Your presence is appreciated.
Life is quite difficult for us young people upon this planet, where every thought/monetary/social structure seem to be challenged by a thousand forces the moment it's introduced. It is then hard to build a stable foundation of oneself for it takes a great effort to take a conscious distance from all the forces.
Consciousness is a rigorously hidden secret..
(12-02-2009, 09:39 AM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome Aaron. Your presence is appreciated.
Life is quite difficult for us young people upon this planet, where every thought/monetary/social structure seem to be challenged by a thousand forces the moment it's introduced. It is then hard to build a stable foundation of oneself for it takes a great effort to take a conscious distance from all the forces.
Consciousness is a rigorously hidden secret..

Thank you, ayadew. I agree that it is difficult for young people. It is the most important time in their lives for them to awaken. Although the time to awaken is always "now", it is good for one to awaken early in life, I think, as they will have more opportunities to attract more circumstances that will lead to the awakening of others. I think that because of the importance for youth to awaken, they are given the most catalyst by the universe, and that leads to the difficulty and confusion they experience.

Consciousness, or, "the secret" is "safely hidden" I would agree with you. But it is also so close and so easy to grasp. All you have to do is ask, and it will be given to you, as Jesus said.

Let us help create that first spark in others' lives. I'm talking about that first moment of inspiration that starts you down the spiritual path, that spark that starts the roaring fire. Help others to look at themselves, their thoughts, and to question their motives for one time in that first magical moment. Namaste.

ayadew

Jesus also said another thing, applied to those people that are not conscious.
"Forgive them, for they know not what they do."
It's the easiest thing in the world to not be conscious. Who can blame them. Who can blame oneself.

Let us be thankful for the catalyst, it has let us become what we are today. It is difficult to create that spark, but I trust that our loving presence is enough. namaste Smile
Welcome to the club Aaron.

It took me until 44 years of age to awaken. I knew something was up many years ago, but at first I ignored it. When I could no longer ignore it, I fought it. When I no longer could fight it, I accepted it.

I'd like to say that you are lucky to awaken so early in life, but it is meant to be, and personally, I don't think it is more difficult for a young person to awaken. Whether 1 or 100, coming out of the slumber which is existing isn't easy. With so few years left until the harvest, many are awakening, young and old. There is no current number of wanderers given, but I would suspect it to be 100 million or greater. You being here is an indicator of being a wanderer.

Therefore, you have brought your special gifts to earth, and being yourself is the greatest of them. Go forth and bring light and love into others lives Smile

ayadew

Peregrinus: ah, I see foundation has no relevance then. Smile
(12-02-2009, 10:20 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the club Aaron.

It took me until 44 years of age to awaken. I knew something was up many years ago, but at first I ignored it. When I could no longer ignore it, I fought it. When I no longer could fight it, I accepted it.

I'd like to say that you are lucky to awaken so early in life, but it is meant to be, and personally, I don't think it is more difficult for a young person to awaken. Whether 1 or 100, coming out of the slumber which is existing isn't easy. With so few years left until the harvest, many are awakening, young and old. There is no current number of wanderers given, but I would suspect it to be 100 million or greater. You being here is an indicator of being a wanderer.

Therefore, you have brought your special gifts to earth, and being yourself is the greatest of them. Go forth and bring light and love into others lives Smile

Thank you for your welcome. Smile I know what you mean with the ego's reaction to the spiritual influence when it first comes into your life. It was like a continual knocking at my door. At first I ignored it. My ego (which I thought was all of me at the time) would say "What is this? This isn't important. Move on to something else." I am glad to see you here, and see that you have finally opened the door as I have.

I am open to that statement that it is not more difficult for a young person to awaken. I'm not attached to anything I've said about young people and difficulty. I've just been speaking from my experience. Smile Maybe no matter how old someone is, it may be an "easier" time for them to awaken, or it may be a "harder" time. Who can say for sure?

I'm not exactly sure what a "wanderer" is. I haven't read all of the Ra material, not yet anyway. (There is a lot of it!) I came across a link to it while clicking through Buddhist blogs, and here I am. I know one thing. I am a human being, and I am awake. What you have said about special gifts to earth resonates with me, and I am glad we are each able to make manifest our unique gifts and talents. Sometimes I feel as though I'm some sort of angel, floating both through and above the suffering of this world, extending my hands down gently when the time is right to caress that suffering, turning it into light and natural realized beauty.

seejay21

(12-02-2009, 10:20 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to say that you are lucky to awaken so early in life, but it is meant to be, and personally, I don't think it is more difficult for a young person to awaken. Whether 1 or 100, coming out of the slumber which is existing isn't easy. With so few years left until the harvest, many are awakening, young and old. There is no current number of wanderers given, but I would suspect it to be 100 million or greater. You being here is an indicator of being a wanderer.

I've often wondered if akawening at a young age was easier. I often surmize that it is, but not always. I think that the young ones that transcend have an advantage that fades when you get older. when you are younger, you have fewer worldly attachments. Things like money, power, debt, and all the other trappings and vices, are few. Also, the act of submitting to the choice is akin to a child submitting to his mother. I think we relate more to this act of submission because it is something we remember how to do. When you are older I think that becoming a parent is something that really ties you tight to the illusion.

Brittany

Welcome, Aaron! Thanks for offering your service. Don't forget, you can talk to us about any problems *you* have as well!
-Lynn
(12-04-2009, 07:23 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome, Aaron! Thanks for offering your service. Don't forget, you can talk to us about any problems *you* have as well!
-Lynn

*smiles and nods* Open communication is always key.
(12-02-2009, 12:25 PM)seejay21 Wrote: [ -> ]When you are older I think that becoming a parent is something that really ties you tight to the illusion.

In my case, becoming a parent at 44 is one of the things that helped me to understand and break away from the illusion I was living before. All is as it is meant to be.
(12-04-2009, 11:48 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2009, 12:25 PM)seejay21 Wrote: [ -> ]When you are older I think that becoming a parent is something that really ties you tight to the illusion.

In my case, becoming a parent at 44 is one of the things that helped me to understand and break away from the illusion I was living before. All is as it is meant to be.

Right, I think we're finding it's hard to assign absolutes to anything! React to each situation accordingly... because everything must have a purpose, however small.
Can someone please help me? In this context, what exactly does "awake" mean? When people use the term, do they mean they are simply aware of "something" beyond the self? Is there a connection to "the beyond" implied?

Is this different from mere psychological awareness of one's thoughts and actions? Does it imply any responsibility or re-orientation of principles or activities? Would people who refer to themselves as "awake" seem to act differently than others to an outside observer?

Thanks.
~p~

Has everyone been getting enough sleep lately. Not me!

ayadew

It can be used from an ego-level (I am awake and better and cooler) or it can be used to be awakened to a love for everything... it's subjective, as with anything. I defined 'awake' as when I dwelved into 'occult' stuff, to later realise I was hopelessly asleep. Perhaps I'm not awake yet either, everyday seems to bring more brightness into my world.

Awake would then mean to me: to become aware of a greater reality outside this plantery sphere, outside the bounds of imagination. It's also be more conscious about oneself, because consciousness is one thing that is lacking in those asleep. Making conscious choices, not being led or controlled by anyone.
You could say: Awake to consciousness.
Hi Aaron, thank you for joining us here. I look forward to our learning from each other. Thank you for sharing your heart of service.

At 40, I have an interpretation and I wonder what you think about it. I think that growing up in the Internet age gives both an advantage and a challenge that is quite different to what previous generations experienced.

I think that for today's youth - whatever reasonable cutoff age you use for "youth" - it's easy to appreciate that there are many diverse points of view, many perspectives and interpretations, countless voices. And of course we should explore and learn together, assembling our own tradition as we go. These types of thoughts all come naturally to someone who's been online for life. These ideas can be such a struggle for older people, especially if they haven't used computers or the Internet much outside of their job duties.

Yet there can be too much stimulus, always something new and exciting just one click away. Because of this, it might be far harder to learn how to have a still, quiet mind, to meditate and find peace within, to not get caught up in the dramas of the day. Younger people today might more easily be tempted to have an overly cluttered mind, like a computer running too many programs at once until the whole system grinds under the load.

Do you think this generalization is worthwhile? Or does it really depend more on the individual 20-year old and his particular circumstance and personality?

ayadew

Hello Questioner. Your interpretation is certainly applicable on me, if anything. I am constantly trying to balance myself in my 'young' friend's vicinity, keeping calm.
I have worded it for myself as to: "Decrease the rate of expected sampling of novelty" in my mind. It has worked, but most of my friends wants new things very often whereas I am content with little new everyday. It's a great struggle in this time, to keep the calm and satisfaction.

fairyfarmgirl

Good Greetings:

Awakening into expanding consciousness in an unawakened household is extremely challenging... a challenge that many wanderers succumb to as they are murdered by the parental unit--- or in the case of many African and Asian/Indian Subcontinent and some USA children they are simply sold into slavery or tortured and then killed as "witches." This is a familiar trend...repeated throughout the ages.

So I do not believe awakening early in life is necessarily an advantage... it happens when it is meant to happen... If ignored it will continue to happen until the conscious mind agrees to cooperate.

Welcome, Aaron. I wish you well!

--fairyfarmgirl
(12-09-2009, 12:47 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please help me? In this context, what exactly does "awake" mean? When people use the term, do they mean they are simply aware of "something" beyond the self? Is there a connection to "the beyond" implied?

Is this different from mere psychological awareness of one's thoughts and actions? Does it imply any responsibility or re-orientation of principles or activities? Would people who refer to themselves as "awake" seem to act differently than others to an outside observer?

Thanks.
~p~

Has everyone been getting enough sleep lately. Not me!

Hi, Peregrine. What I meant when I said "I am awake." is that I am no longer largely functioning on the level of my ego (although sometimes I slip back "down", whether it's for a thought, sentence, a few minutes/hours, or even a whole day!). I am both thinking and acting on a level that's less confused, more accepting, and more aware than before. It's hard to explain. Whereas before, "truth" seemed to lie scattered in a million different statements I could make about myself like "I am male. I play videogames. I like x type of music. I like x type of movies. I have a girlfriend. I don't have a girlfriend. I have a job. I don't have a job." etc. now "truth" seems to have pulled together to something that is closer to a single statement, "I am." coupled with the realization that everything else will come from that, not the other way around. Of course, I look back on my own thoughts and actions from a few months ago and laugh at how unconscious I was then. And those few months ago I was laughing at how unconscious I was a few months before that! So I assume I am in no way fully awake yet. Haha The most powerful method I have found for awakening myself is to constantly watch the emotions and thoughts that flow from me. Don't judge, don't control them, just watch. And when I'm thinking or speaking, I always ask "Who is really thinking or speaking right now? Is it my ego? What is the real purpose for thinking or saying this?"

"Is there a connection to "the beyond" implied?"
I think that that is the automatic reaction that people have when trying to understand what's really going on. But to me, it's more like "becoming more genuinely human". Instead of blocking parts of me out, I allow all of me to flow. That's just how I see it. There's a book called "Buddhism Without Beliefs" by Stephen Batchelor that talks more about this subject.

"Is this different from mere psychological awareness of one's thoughts and actions?"
I don't know if it's any different from simply being more "brain aware" of your own processes in there. To me, it changed from "I am this thinking, breathing human being." to "I am aware of a group of processes called a thinking, breathing human being." But I don't feel like I am an awareness, I feel like I'm an aware human.

"Does it imply any responsibility or re-orientation of principles or activities?"
Definitely yes and yes, for me anyway.

"Would people who refer to themselves as "awake" seem to act differently than others to an outside observer?"
I've gotten a lot of comments about my behavior that I never got before. I can't post them here without feeling like I'm stroking my ego, haha but they've been along the lines of "You're so free-willing." and "How come you never get mad?"

Sorry for the long post. Confused It could have been a hundred times longer but I'm trying to refrain from saying way too much. Smile
(12-09-2009, 03:18 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Aaron, thank you for joining us here. I look forward to our learning from each other. Thank you for sharing your heart of service.

At 40, I have an interpretation and I wonder what you think about it. I think that growing up in the Internet age gives both an advantage and a challenge that is quite different to what previous generations experienced.

I think that for today's youth - whatever reasonable cutoff age you use for "youth" - it's easy to appreciate that there are many diverse points of view, many perspectives and interpretations, countless voices. And of course we should explore and learn together, assembling our own tradition as we go. These types of thoughts all come naturally to someone who's been online for life. These ideas can be such a struggle for older people, especially if they haven't used computers or the Internet much outside of their job duties.

Yet there can be too much stimulus, always something new and exciting just one click away. Because of this, it might be far harder to learn how to have a still, quiet mind, to meditate and find peace within, to not get caught up in the dramas of the day. Younger people today might more easily be tempted to have an overly cluttered mind, like a computer running too many programs at once until the whole system grinds under the load.

Do you think this generalization is worthwhile? Or does it really depend more on the individual 20-year old and his particular circumstance and personality?

Thank you for your welcome. Smile (I love that little play on words!) Well, when I first made this thread, my trains of thought were going more towards the second half of your post "too much stimulus, too much identification with drama, too hard to find stillness", but after Pereginus' and your post, I am feeling a little differently now! In fact, I was just thinking the other day "Wow, if I want to learn about a subject, any subject, I can just look it up in the library or online! Colleges are easy for most everyone to get into. We certainly live in the Information Age." So I think that way more information generally cycles around the mind of the younger people.

But what you said in the first half of your post is also true. If I may paraphrase, that they haven't had years to become egotistically attached to any one role of stereotype. And due to the massive amount of information freely available, due to the seeming ability to go in any career direction or travel anywhere they want, the ever important realization that "I have free will!" seems more apparent.

I think it definitely depends on the individual, and we can't make a blanket statement like "It is easier for youth to awaken." or visa versa. Thank you for your enlightening post!
Thank you Friends for your thread which I found only today and,
warm welcome, Aaron. I have read some of your comments since your wrote this. Smile Time is fun for it likes playing tricks on us!

From the thread of comments above, I could not but notice some questioning around the term 'awake'.

If I may, there is a marked difference between the notion of "been awake" on one hand and, the notion of "awakening" on the other hand, though both are tremendously positive happenings!

You are awake when you can answer certain questions in a deep true sens:
- Who am I?
- Where do I come from?
- Where to am I going?
- What did I come here to do?

The level of light within each answer will determine by itself the level of awakening of the soul searching.

There is no judgement here, no competition either, all so-called 'levels' of awakenings are valid and beautiful for each step on the path is a true important one in our journey down here on Earth.

Love, Light and Blessings,

Whitefeather
(03-25-2010, 05:32 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Friends for your thread which I found only today and,
warm welcome, Aaron. I have read some of your comments since your wrote this. Smile Time is fun for it likes playing tricks on us!

From the thread of comments above, I could not but notice some questioning around the term 'awake'.

If I may, there is a marked difference between the notion of "been awake" on one hand and, the notion of "awakening" on the other hand, though both are tremendously positive happenings!

You are awake when you can answer certain questions in a deep true sens:
- Who am I?
- Where do I come from?
- Where to am I going?
- What did I come here to do?

The level of light within each answer will determine by itself the level of awakening of the soul searching.

There is no judgement here, no competition either, all so-called 'levels' of awakenings are valid and beautiful for each step on the path is a true important one in our journey down here on Earth.

Love, Light and Blessings,

Whitefeather

Haha, so it does! Hello in this time, Whitefeather!

I actually found it strange that the word "awake" was a term of interest here, when I first came here. To me, LOO terminology seemed rather... alien! and thus that was what was interesting to me, rather than the Buddhist/Taoist terms from my background prior to LOO. When I wrote the previous posts in this thread, I tried to explain awakening as it related to me, or, what it meant for me to become awake. Now, feeling like I am at about twice the level of consciousness as I was when I first wrote these posts, I could say it in a simpler way.

Awakening is simply realization of the Truth. We all have a deep knowing of this Truth, and it cannot be communicated fully to another with words. Words can point to it and convince another to seek it, but it must be known individually. When we all know Truth and express it, each in our unique individual way, there will be complete planetary understanding. Confusion about who we are, war and fighting, selfishness, will all disappear. You can speak of awakening to the Truth in as many ways as a river can wind down to the ocean. Whether we call it "connection with Intelligent Infinity" or "entering a state of Nirvana", our species is familiar with Truth and seeks to express it. To me, this is the most beautiful thing, to be aware that some part of us is spiritually seeking. Smile Heart

You're right about the questions. Ask them to many different people and you'll get many different answers. I like to look at Jesus' answers to those very questions. They express a very deep spiritual knowing. Smile

I agree with you on that last point as well, and you've said it beautifully! We are all awake because we are all experiencing a certain very specific level of awakening. We are truly suspended on a net of Love. Now... how to allow others to realize that they are gently suspended in that web of Love? Be in a selfless state and that will lead you to doing things that move you into your core vibration of course. Smile

Love, brothers and sisters! BigSmile
One thing I have noticed is that back in the 70's (in my experience) most children did what most children did. Most (the middle class) had what each other had and could relate. In some ways there wasn't as much catalyst for seeking (now for me the 80s provided drugs and such) Where my children were taught to say No to drugs. Compared to the children of today so much has changed with the internet and the fast instant flow of "choices". And there are so many choices they are given. So I agree on many levels that it may be harder for some youth now to see, but perhaps easier in some respects. From Hippies to New Agers to those in the Eco/Green movements...it is all the same thrust toward seeking.
But I do agree that the awakening process is difficult no matter what age.
And how can you disagree with how much harder it is to teach an old dog new tricks? Or unlearn old tricks?
Hi Aaron,

Nice to meet you here. I would like to greet you with this piece, both music and lyricshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7no9Ak2uS...re=related
Hi, shadowstan! That music is really slow and chill. I like the message it brings. Smile Happy 1:11 PM! (my time zone lol)
Hey guys and girls, I feel like I am being awaken from the heavy burdens of my separate-self and not being conscious of the Universal One. I can honestly say I don't know how I began reading these forums or books/channeling of the messages of the One. I guess my higher self decided it was time xD I have always felt a strange sensation of "knowing" something but had no clue how to describe it with words. Now I feel on the right path to understanding what I have felt for a long time now. I too began my "awakened journey" at 20 years.

I wish to learn from your guys´experiences and footsteps to better myself in unselfish loving.

Thanks to all who read this. I feel like I am with my brothers and sisters for some reason haha.
Welcome diop. It is a pleasure to have you find us, and I hope I speak for all when I say we are here to serve however we may in helping you on your path of seeking.

There is much to read, beginning with the Law of One, and after that, more than 1500 channeled sessions of Q'uo (Ra, Latwii, Hatonn). There is much to learn, but the most important is to move int he direction which you see as most desirable. It is there you will find your answers.
Thank you Peregrinus, I am currently finishing up on the Children of the Law of One a long with the Ra channelings. So much information to grasp with my young mind. Thank you for your help and future help!
(01-17-2011, 11:57 PM)diop Wrote: [ -> ]I am currently finishing up on the Children of the Law of One a long with the Ra channelings. So much information to grasp with my young mind.

Hi diop,

You need only to grasp the information with your young heart!
The heart is faster and it is truly where all knowing and understanding is happening. Angel

Love and more Love and eventually Light BigSmile

Whitefeather
(12-02-2009, 09:31 AM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]...I feel a strong calling to "make myself available for service" here.

And with humility, I am ready to receive whatever positive service you have to offer through the medium of these forums, dear fellow seeker.
(01-16-2011, 02:23 AM)diop Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys and girls, I feel like I am being awaken from the heavy burdens of my separate-self and not being conscious of the Universal One. I can honestly say I don't know how I began reading these forums or books/channeling of the messages of the One. I guess my higher self decided it was time xD I have always felt a strange sensation of "knowing" something but had no clue how to describe it with words. Now I feel on the right path to understanding what I have felt for a long time now. I too began my "awakened journey" at 20 years.

I wish to learn from your guys´experiences and footsteps to better myself in unselfish loving.

Thanks to all who read this. I feel like I am with my brothers and sisters for some reason haha.

Welcome, diop.
(12-09-2009, 12:47 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please help me? In this context, what exactly does "awake" mean? When people use the term, do they mean they are simply aware of "something" beyond the self? Is there a connection to "the beyond" implied?

from what i understand the term awake literally means to point your attention to the now. for many people are boggled by the issue that action is not the same as intent.
you can totally intend to be something and your action will not be showing the world what it is that you are intending.

the term awake is merely to pay attention to your actions in each and every moment and to discern at each moment, each second, what you are bringing to the table. in any situation are you addressing any virtue of love in the moment? or any virtue of fear?

someone who is unawoken might not necessarily see this, and might for example complain about a lot of things or argue for the sake of arguement, because they aren't paying attention to what they are bringing to the table.
(12-02-2009, 09:31 AM)Bring4th_Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]Good morning. Smile I just would like to post here and let any who read this know that if you are seeking, or confused, I am here to offer light, love, and a healing hand.

Greetings, Bring4th_Aaron. And thanks for your kind offer of light and love. I know that one of the things that brought me here was in seeking to understand Carla's health situation. I discuss it a bit in 1984.04.15 First Hatonn Contact After Ra. Perhaps you could lend a healing hand over there?

Quote:As for a personal "story", well, I was homeschooled for 10 years. I then attended public high school for the next two years and although I had no problem fitting in, I was thrust unexpectedly into the suffering and craziness of today's youth. (I am still considered youth, after all I'm only 20!) This sudden exposure acted as a major catalyst for inner transformation. I started reading books on spirituality and "new age" subjects. I also started looking at Buddhism and Taoism, as well as Christianity from a new perspective. It took me a farther two years to come to the point of awakening that I am at now.

That is comforting to hear. We have discussed homeschooling future children, and it is good to know that you were able to adapt well to the new experiences. I myself, was recently drawn back here as a result of some personal research in comparing the teachings of the six sages of antiquity: Mahavira, Siddharta Gautama, Confucius, Laozi, Zoroaster, and Pythagoras. But it all started back when I was around your age, poking around in the stacks at the graduate library.

Kudos to you, and best wishes for you on your journey!