Bring4th

Full Version: are you short sighted (physically)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey guys,

I am working through this physical condition of short sightedness (myopia).

I have had it since the start of high school (year 7) when I first got glasses prescribed.

over the years, it has gotten worse, usually during transition periods in my life.

for eg, I noticed decreases in my vision when:

1) going from primary school to high school

2) going from high school to university

3) going from university to my first job

the common factor here (in my life) seems to be a fear of moving into the future, and not trusting what is ahead.

I think I can understand this problem intellectually, but I haven't had it seep down in the unconscious for final resolution. Perhaps I am missing something?

in my opinion, perfect eyesight should be a given. When it is missing, then something seems to be amiss with one's personal relationship to the wider world (the instreaming inputs).

if anyone has any suggestions or experiences, please do share, as this is a problem that I have been working on for quite some time without that 'magnificent breakthrough'; although there has been some small improvements in sight and corresponding self understanding.

I am familar with Bates and his physical relaxation techniques. I am also familiar with Martin Brofman and his methodology. But haven't been able to crack the nut as of yet.

commiserations to my fellow lens wearers Smile
The Bindu chakra can have an effect. Might mess with it and see how it changes sight. The Brow has an effect. I have been able to improve my mothers sight temporarily by manipulating the chakras.
I don't know sometimes it could be due to pre incarnational choices. Remember we also choose the parents.
I'm thinking of cases where vision was healed/restored. I think in those cases, the sight-issue was psychologically related. Have not heard of myopia being healed tho. Perhaps myopia is connected to physiological/biological factors that are then affected by lifestyle factors.

My hypothesis is that perhaps your vision may cease to deteriorate when you target lifestyle habits and belief systems/emotional processing that need to be examined.
(01-01-2013, 08:01 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]in my opinion, perfect eyesight should be a given. When it is missing, then something seems to be amiss with one's personal relationship to the wider world (the instreaming inputs).

That or maybe you're being asked to focus on someone in your immediate surroundings. Perhaps consider issues with friends or family.
thanks Icaro. I had a dream only a couple of hours ago about running off from a family gathering without saying anything. I couldn't figure out the dream, although I have had those 'running away' type dreams before and never grokked them (most of them when I was younger).

according to popular interpretation, the running away is a sign of not addressing your fears, whatever they may be.

so thanks for the spontaneous alignment of thoughts. I think there is something deeper there to explore.

namaste brother
I don't think you should beat yourself up over it, some things you can't change. The frustration could be meant to be a life long catalyst.
(01-02-2013, 02:43 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you should beat yourself up over it, some things you can't change. The frustration could be meant to be a life long catalyst.

hey, yes, I understand mate.

but so many people seem to suffer from this catalyst (similar to the growing rates of diabetes and cancer), that there seems to be some simple lesson that us nimwits don't seem to be getting Smile

something to do with love ... acceptance ... or some specific permutation thereof.

there is some part of me that likes to think that we are entitled to perfect health, if we come into greater balance and alignment.

but yes, given the distorted nature of the earth environment (one from which we cannot entirely escape the influence of), there are some things which just need to be accepted at this period of history.

I''ll try a bit longer, but after a while, the attention can be best directed into other activities BigSmile

Meerie

How bad is it plenum? how many dioptre(s) do you have?
a friend of mine had Lasik being done and did not regret it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LASIK

possible side effects : halos, starbursts... hmm sounds kinda spacey and psychedelic BigSmile
(01-02-2013, 03:41 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2013, 02:43 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you should beat yourself up over it, some things you can't change. The frustration could be meant to be a life long catalyst.

hey, yes, I understand mate.

but so many people seem to suffer from this catalyst (similar to the growing rates of diabetes and cancer), that there seems to be some simple lesson that us nimwits don't seem to be getting Smile

something to do with love ... acceptance ... or some specific permutation thereof.

there is some part of me that likes to think that we are entitled to perfect health, if we come into greater balance and alignment.

but yes, given the distorted nature of the earth environment (one from which we cannot entirely escape the influence of), there are some things which just need to be accepted at this period of history.

I''ll try a bit longer, but after a while, the attention can be best directed into other activities BigSmile

Who knows maybe when you forget about it, it will get better Smile.
(01-02-2013, 03:45 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]How bad is it plenum? how many dioptre(s) do you have?
a friend of mine had Lasik being done and did not regret it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LASIK

possible side effects : halos, starbursts... hmm sounds kinda spacey and psychedelic BigSmile

no, no, no, NO LASIK!!!

do not want!!

Smile

I'm at about -3 diopters, the last time I checked which was about 7 years ago lol. It hasn't worsened since then, and some of the stuff I've been doing with inner seeking and clarification has improved things just a little, enough to be noticable. But that progress stalled a month or so ago, so that's why I'm putting out the call for suggestions.

in my case, the idea of shame is coming into it ... about not meeting expectations .... societal expectations. Why I have adopted this belief, I do not know, but I'm putting a lot of thought into it right now. I want to crack it as an achievement for 2013 Smile

@Sagittarius if only it was so easy! lol.

sometimes in very deep, restorative dreams, I do wake up the next day with 'clearer vision' for a few hours. It is almost as though I've forgotten and detached from whatever past anxieties I've still carrying around with me.

Meerie

ohh but -3 diopters is not that bad, aren't there people who have almost 10?
btw some people wear glasses even if there is nothing wrong with their eyes at all.
At my favorite coffee shop the waiter suddenly wears those geeky black glasses and admitted there is only window glass in them lol.
I admit he looks more intellectual now, which may have been his primary reason for doing so
Smile
what exactly is it that bugs you so? the fact you have to wear glasses or lenses? or the fact that you cannot live up to your belief system of perfect health due to the myopia?
Are you asking for insights regarding the catalyst, or are you asking for physical things that might help?
@Monica I guess I'm looking for the more psychological based approaches. I've tried the various eye exercises (swinging, shifting, palming, and others) and they yield some relief, but never permanent, at least in my experiences with them. I also know that diet could be a possible influence, but my current view is that its triggered primarily mentally.

@Meerie well, it is an inconvenience to be sure! and yes, I can survive and fumble around with my -3 diopters pretty ok lol.

but my main interest is that it is feedback from the body that something is gone wrong. Ra had this answer where they talked about Don's back ache as being a sign he didn't want to 'carry his burden', and Carla's sore hands as an indication of something else.

so this feedback is pointing to something, but what exactly?

- -

that's my view anyway. I don't mean to imply that anyone who has to wear glasses is defective in any way, or doing something wrong. This is just my reading of my situation, and how I am relating to it at the moment. A personal view, definitely!

BigSmile
(01-02-2013, 01:54 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]so thanks for the spontaneous alignment of thoughts. I think there is something deeper there to explore.

namaste brother

Sure. And it may not necessarily be a lack of acceptance of them, but an inability to accept and express the self towards them (blue/indigo). I know for me it took a lot of work getting to the point where I would defend and express my self towards family. They naturally have expectations of who you should be, and learning to break free from that took effort. Just throwing thoughts out there.
It helps me to get outside and get away from the computer screen. The longer the better.
also remember that it is not surprising that wanderers suffer from some kind of "handicap" and health issues. Also mental, etc. That is not to say obviously that short sighted= wanderer blah blah but it is not surprising and rather more likely.
from what i understand the process involves activating the lightbody in order to do healing on the self.

i'm not sure exactly how to access or energize this body since it is agreed to turn it off after incarnation.

after incarnation for 3d density.
Amongst the directed energies... i know the magenta-red energies are to various degrees nearsighted whilst the three plexus energies are farsighted.
Do note that the most farsighted also yields hope (for things to come)

Nearest: 240 251 245 - 288 301 314: furthest..
Physical distance, and all tunnelvision (only undirected energies are perhiperal)
My vision used to be at -3.25/-3.75 for about ten years. Then, in the past two years, it started getting better. It's now -2.75/-3.25. I only started meditating in the past year.

Apparently, it's unusual, but not unheard of.
my current working theory as to my short-sightedness is that its a reaction on my part to the world.

it's a *not wanting* to see the world's reaction to me, because the reactions in the past have been somewhat unfavorable or negative. So I pre-empt the negative/unaccepting response from others by choosing, quite literally, not to see them.

this sounds really whacked and far-out, but I'm going to work this mentally to see if this resolves the issue.

anyway, that's the update lol

peace
i think that sounds spot on. god how british. anyway i feel the same way about myself, although i think my eyesight thing is genetic... however, we choose to activate genes when choosing our body...so i chose to have a shortsighted view of the world.

don't get discouraged if the vision doesn't improve, it doesn't mean you aren't making progress. it could be a lifelong thing even if you solve the issue.

i wonder what happens to people who get laser surgery and still retain a shortsighted attitude.
I'm near sighted - just slightly, and evenly in both eyes. I think I chose this attribute pre-incarnation to help me focus on things near me and to help me not become too distracted by the "bigger picture." I like to take photos and instead of sweeping vistas and landscapes, and even with portraits, I prefer to be up closer. Not too close, not close enough to distort the subject, but close enough to look a bit deeper at it.
I was VERY near-sighted until I had surgery about ten years ago. Best thing I ever did. The only thing I miss is the way the outside world sort of fell away after I'd taken my contacts out. It was relaxing not to "see" for a while--allowed me to more easily turn inward. :-)

Btw-the surgery was easy and almost painless. I was shocked that I could see--even through the goopy eye drops--right away.

I don't know about psychological causes for poor eyesight--seems like sometimes we can read too much into a thing. I'd say that physical limitations seem more of a per-incarnative choice that funnels us into particular activities so we can have the experiences we wanted. I LOVED swimming and water, until my eyes went bad. I didn't like not being able to see, so I swam less and ended up having different interests.
hey, thanks for the thoughts @Ocean, @Ruth, @abstrktion ...

I appreciate your personal perspectives as I continue working through my 'understanding' of this 'condition'.

and yes, quite likely, it might just need to be accepted at some stage BigSmile

many thanks!
the magic of glasses:

http://imgur.com/gallery/1Frsq6x

BigSmile
(01-03-2013, 12:09 PM)almostdone Wrote: [ -> ]also remember that it is not surprising that wanderers suffer from some kind of "handicap" and health issues. Also mental, etc. That is not to say obviously that short sighted= wanderer blah blah but it is not surprising and rather more likely.

I have both visual impairment and mental issues, so that makes sense. Many times I have also been spiritually short sighted. My mom has fibromyalgia, so not sure if I'll end up with that.
Hey Plenum came across this today and thought it may help you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_Seeing

I was ordering a few Aldous Huxley books and the naturally when I came across the art of seeing this thread popped into my minds eye.
(01-29-2013, 02:15 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Plenum came across this today and thought it may help you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_Seeing

I was ordering a few Aldous Huxley books and the naturally when I came across the art of seeing this thread popped into my minds eye.

hey thanks Sagit. I'm familiar with Bates and his eye relaxation techniques. There's a lot of ppl who claim that methadology works, and there are a lot of people who are "bates teachers' on the internet.

this guy for example:

but alas, no permanent effects for me BigSmile

there's enough personal testimony and stories to say it can be done. That's the hope that leads me on.
I've been meaning to tell you, plenum, that both myself and my Aunt saw unexpected improvement in our eyesight when we started taking Centrum Silver vitamins. It was a mild improvement, but enough to require a change in strength of corrective lenses. So nutrition is definitely a factor.
Pages: 1 2