Bring4th

Full Version: What is difference between time/space and space/time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I understand that in a 3 dimensional world the fourth coordinate is time.

That's as far as it goes for me.

Please make your replies very simple, using short sentences and don't assume I know advanced physics concepts!

Thanks for your comments and your help.
Well, I can start by saying that Ra's cosmology for the most part agrees with the physical model put forward by Dewey Larson, which is predicated on the theory that both space AND time are three dimensional continuums and that all physically observable phenomena is the result of motion between time and space. I have only really vague understandings about this stuff, so my post can just serve as a placeholder until zenmaster or someone else comes in and sets the record straight Tongue

From what I can understand, we exist sort of "divided" between space and time, our Bodies are firmly on the space side, our eternal Spirits on the time side and the Mind is a sort of conduit between the two. Space/time is just that, empty space in which the experiences offered by time can play themselves out whereas Time/space is a densely packed realm where everything eternally exists as hazy fields of probability. Physical matter is the result of probability fields that have emerged from time/space into space/time, and since we are locked into a linear view of time matter seems locked or solid, though I think with a longer frame of perspective we would see that everything is in fluid-like motion.

I am fond of the holographic universe idea, and I suppose in this case time would be the holographic film and space would be the medium in which the hologram is projected.

I dunno if this helps or hinders, but this is what was kicking around my head on the topic Smile
Space/time = during incarnations
Time/space = between incarnations
(01-02-2013, 01:31 PM)caycegal Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that in a 3 dimensional world the fourth coordinate is time.

That's as far as it goes for me.

Please make your replies very simple, using short sentences and don't assume I know advanced physics concepts!

Thanks for your comments and your help.

Space/time is equal to outer consciousness and time/space is equivalent to inner consciousness. Everything is made up of consciousness. All energy is conscious in some fashion. Space/time is the physical component of any given level of density, and time/space is the non-physical component of any given level of density.

They are inverted reflections of one another, so they have opposite characteristics. Where space/time is tangible, quantifiable, and extended, time/space is intangible, unquantifiable, and non-extended.

In space/time your spirit/mind collects about itself a chemical body. In time/space your spirit/mind collects a thought-form body about itself.

Another way of conceptualizing it is that space/time is like "frozen" time/space. Like, as an analogy, time/space would be a fluid pool of water, mercurial and taking any form it is put in. Space/time would be taking whatever that liquid time/space shape was and slowing it down to the point where it became solidified or crystalized.
I am congruent with anagogy.

Simply put:
• space/time = physical (related to mind/body) = outer planes
• time/space = metaphysical (related to mind/spirit) = inner planes (aka "astral planes")

I always like to use the following analogy to explain it to the layman: space/time is "on stage" where we take up our roles and play out our chosen characters in this ever-unfolding drama, and time/space is "backstage" where we review our performance, read the scripts, take a rest, rehearse our parts, have a look at the "big picture," and prepare for the next play.

I would further add that space/time and its time/space analog applies to every density of awareness, not just 3rd, 2nd and 1st. I only mention this due to the common misconception that once one "ascends" from 3rd-density he/she no longer uses a physical vehicle. This is an erroneous concept (primarily because "higher dimensions" are often misunderstood with the "astral" or inner planes of 3rd-density). Truth is, physical bodies exist across all densities; albeit their materiality, substance, texture, tangibility, physicality, form, solidity and overall "plasticity" may change (i.e. become lighter, subtler and more refined).

Addendum
I might add that there is no separation between space/time and time/space—these two concepts are irrevocably intertwined (that is to say: both exist concurrently, meshing and blending into and through each other). In other words, it's not as if you are only in space/time right now without being in time/space also. It's just a matter of focus. Your consciousness is simply more focused on the outer (space/time) planes while in incarnation. One can still "phase out" between the planes via techniques such as "astral projection."

Basically, time/space is consciousness turned outside-in and space/time is consciousness turned inside-out.
Ra Wrote:41.20 Questioner: Could you tell me the difference between space/time and time/space?

Ra: I am Ra. Using your words, the difference is that between the visible and invisible or the physical and metaphysical. Using mathematical terms, as does the one you call Larson, the difference is that between s/t and t/s
In geometry it's a right angle. Not 90° exactly but as Ra pointed out a portion of a tesseract.
The cube within the cube.
There really is no difference, because "space" and "time" are the same thing - not two aspects of the same thing, precisely the same thing. What we call space and time are purely psychological identifications. Here in 3D, and less so as we progress to the higher densities, one aspect is made distinct vs another (at the expense of perceiving the other) through impressions of mind and body. So when we talk about how we distinguish the two from their mutual identity, we're talking about describing psychological qualities.
The part of our consciousness that reads these posts and lives these lives is in space/time. Time moves us along at virtually a constant rate, but we are free to move in all 3 dimensions of space or stay in one place.

Time/space is the "other place" between lives, where we are free to move around in time in order to go over highlights of incarnations. When in t/s we are not free to alter space/time lives, but we can try to take new knowledge with us when we start a new one. The reason we keep jumping into new s/t lives is that they are the only source of experiences. Time/space is a large library where I can study the intricacies of lives, but space/time is where I experience them. One experience is worth a thousand books.

Also, a part of us is always in time/space, even when most of us is living a life in space/time. That part can observe the s/t life and even discuss with the left-behind part of others that our s/t lives interact with. For example, I may have a serious feud with a fellow human in s/t while our t/s selves joke about it.

Ra talks about communing with our "Unmanifested Self" when doing White Magic. They explained to Don that our unmanifested self is the part in t/s.

I wrote all of this here because you asked, not because you really need to know. So if this doesn't make sense, just let it go for awhile. Smile
hey @Siren and @anagogy

I would be interested in getting you two's opinions on the role of feelings in time/space and space/time. If there is some sort of connection or bridge between the two.

note that I picked the word feelings over emotions.

to me, emotions are more surface phenomena, the turbulence that arises on the personality level. Feelings, however, to me, seem more core, as in the expression "getting in touch with your feelings", and seem to be a deeper driver of behaviour and process.

it's a side tangent, I know, but would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

thanks.

Shin'Ar

(01-02-2013, 04:12 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
Ra Wrote:41.20 Questioner: Could you tell me the difference between space/time and time/space?

Ra: I am Ra. Using your words, the difference is that between the visible and invisible or the physical and metaphysical. Using mathematical terms, as does the one you call Larson, the difference is that between s/t and t/s

The difference is 'THAT' between the two...

Whatever 'THAT' is, which is in between, is the 'Inbetween'.

If there exists the physical and also the metaphysical, then what could possible be in between the two?

The two are obviously connected somehow. There may lie your clue as to why the 'Inbetween' has been so sacred to The Ancients for thousands of years.
For me the chakra system exists in time/space. I can feel it very strongly.
i thought the chakras were portals between time/space and space/time, so our time/space self can funnel into the body and animate it.
(01-02-2013, 09:34 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]There really is no difference, because "space" and "time" are the same thing - not two aspects of the same thing, precisely the same thing. What we call space and time are purely psychological identifications. Here in 3D, and less so as we progress to the higher densities, one aspect is made distinct vs another (at the expense of perceiving the other) through impressions of mind and body. So when we talk about how we distinguish the two from their mutual identity, we're talking about describing psychological qualities.

Would you elaborate on why time and space are the same thing?

As I'm sitting in front of the computer right now, I am still traveling in space as I am moving along with the earth and moving relative to the sun/other planets and galaxies. I wonder if this is what is called time, so time is simply moving on a macro scale, space is moving on a micro scale.

When we calculate s/t, we are simply relating micro motion to macro motion. In space/time, we are doing micro travel naturally, but can only observe macro travel. In time/space, we doing macro travel naturally, but can only observe micro travel.

In this sense, time and space are scale of motion relative to each other, depending on which mode you are in, you observe the other mode. I wonder if this is why time and space are reciprocal to each other.

When Ra said time/space continuum, does this continuum has a beginning and a end? Is there multiple continuums for the same entity, like different development phases or only one, from the beginning of the octave to the end of the octave. It looks like each depending on his awareness level/density has available to himself his own time/space continuum, not the continuum of the entire creation.

7th density would be where motion/time and space stops.

So if I die and go to time space, would it be like all past life memories appeared fixed but the future appear to be probability vortexes?
(01-08-2013, 10:04 PM)kanonathena Wrote: [ -> ]Would you elaborate on why time and space are the same thing?
Because it can be no other way. Very simple.
(01-07-2013, 02:42 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]hey @Siren and @anagogy

I would be interested in getting you two's opinions on the role of feelings in time/space and space/time. If there is some sort of connection or bridge between the two.

to me, emotions are more surface phenomena, the turbulence that arises on the personality level. Feelings, however, to me, seem more core, as in the expression "getting in touch with your feelings", and seem to be a deeper driver of behaviour and process.

thanks.

While I use "feelings" and "emotions" interchangeably, I can appreciate the concept of "surface-emotions" vs. "deeper emotions" or "deeper feelings".

When it comes to the deeper and less transitory feelings, the connection between space/time and time/space is that these "feelings" are actually our perception of the vibrational dialog between the space/time self (that we are) and the time/space analog self (the higher self).

So as an example, you see someone you don't like. It makes you feel bad.

What is this negative emotion or feeling?

From my perspective, this is our space/time perception of the difference in vibrational standpoints between our perspective and our higher self's perspective of the situation. The main point is that the higher self will never join you in negative thought. So in that moment that you had a negative opinion about another portion of the creator, it split your energy. You perceive this vibrational variance, or split energy, between yourself and the time/space analog self as "feeling bad" (negative emotion).

Now the degree to which this thought feels "negative" will be in direct proportion to how much this thought diverges from the perspective of the higher self, which exists as pure positive energy. While this may initially seem like a bad thing, its actually not. The reason being that this perception of the variance, or negative emotion, between your perspective and the higher self's perspective provides the awareness that you have diverged from the Law of One. You can then use this barometer called "emotions" to "feel" your way back into alignment with intelligent infinity. That's pretty cool in my opinion. Wink

This is one reason why emotions are so valuable. They represent our space/time perception of constant vibrational communication with our higher self.

Emotions arise in response to what you think about, so you can infer from how you feel emotionally whether your habitual thoughts are separating you from your higher self, or unifying you with your higher self. That's good to know! Smile

So the next time you feel bad, stop, and evaluate your thoughts in that moment. I guarantee you, that in that moment, your perspective on life has diverged from how the source inside you is seeing things, which is always joyful in nature. That emotion is your higher self either calling you back into alignment or allowing you to sense your state of alignment through a sense of "well being".

I believe it was Joseph Campbell who said, "follow your bliss". Wise words for finding your way back into alignment with ones unmanifested self.
I think it helps to think of a typical graph, with a 'y' vertical axis representing space (plotted as a point in space), and an 'x' horizontal axis representing time (plotted as a moment in time).

Physically one can move fairly freely to various, random points in space, up and down the 'y' axis. But one is fairly limited by the construct of time in the physical body, so plotting along the 'x' axis is fairly constant. This is space/time with the flexibility of space being predominate.

Consciousness without a dense body can, in fact, focus on a point in space yet access the past, present and future of that one point in space, quite randomly if need be and without restriction. In this example it is time/space with the flexibility of time being more predominate.

Of course this is the same thing, the only difference is point of view of the Observer and how they choose to limit the constructs of space and time to aid experience and learning.

Shin'Ar

(01-08-2013, 10:04 PM)kanonathena Wrote: [ -> ]As I'm sitting in front of the computer right now, I am still traveling in space as I am moving along with the earth and moving relative to the sun/other planets and galaxies.

When we calculate s/t, we are simply relating micro motion to macro motion. In space/time, we are doing micro travel naturally, but can only observe macro travel. In time/space, we doing macro travel naturally, but can only observe micro travel.

You speak of 'you' flying around through space as though it is kanonathena that is doing this.

It is my understanding that it is this 'we' and 'I' which 'you' speak of that causes the dilemma and paradox of time and space.

When you begin to realize that what you think is you and I, is merely temporary delusion of consciousness as it takes form, 'you' will begin to realize the true dimensions and elements of the cosmos, rendering any need to measure space/time at all.

(01-08-2013, 10:04 PM)kanonathena Wrote: [ -> ]When Ra said time/space continuum, does this continuum has a beginning and a end?

The very fact that 'you' cannot see the folly in defining a continuum as having and end, should direct 'you' to the folly of self delusion.

When Ra speaks of continuum, they call it a 'continuum' for a reason.

(01-09-2013, 05:23 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]When it comes to the deeper and less transitory feelings,( or temporary self delusions), the connection between space/time and time/space is that these "feelings"(or understandings/comprehensions) are actually our perception of the vibrational dialog between the space/time self (that we are) and the time/space analog self (the higher self).

Now we are getting somewhere. I was not aware of your comprehensive degree Anagogy. I will be observing your posts more carefully from now on.

(01-09-2013, 05:23 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]From my perspective, this is our space/time perception of the difference in vibrational standpoints between our perspective and our higher self's perspective of the situation. The main point is that the higher self will never join you in negative thought. So in that moment that you had a negative opinion about another portion of the creator, it split your energy. You perceive this vibrational variance, or split energy, between yourself and the time/space analog self as "feeling bad" (negative emotion).

Very astute. I hope many are reading this. That which Anagogy speaks is state of being of The All, which the Fragment has created, and continues to create.

Anagogy your words are filled with understanding of matters not often realized in the human form.

I would like to add a caution here in that I am not certain of the context in which Campbells. words were offered, but I would say that following one's bliss does not mean giving themselves over to the lusts of the flesh.

Certainly all that you have said about emotions and higher self would support my warning.
(01-07-2013, 02:42 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]hey @Siren and @anagogy

thanks.

I'd use both terms interchangeably. You do feel emotions after all (and emote feelings?). I take feeling as the capacity to feel across the whole sensory/perceptional spectrum, from strictly physical to extrasensory perception. So feeling is synonym with perception, sensation, awareness. And as with all things, there are gradients to feelings and emotions, from surface to depth, outer to inner, lower to higher.

We may also note that the word "motion" is embedded in emotion. E-motion, as in: energy-motion. The ability to perceive/sense motions and fluctuations in your own energy fluxes, as well as the energy in other-selves and the environment around you. This is an innate characteristic of awareness; particularly, self-awareness.

I would only add that emotions are not only a feedback mechanism (like an insect's antenna), but they are also creative; that is: they have an output charge as well. In other words: the way you think/feel/sense, creates. The great error is to believe one has no power over one's emotions. By choosing (rather than merely reacting to catalyst) what emotions one prefers to feel every day, all throughout the day (especially when challenged by seemingly adverse catalyst), reality around you will—by simple law of resonance—shift and align to match the strength of the energetic charge of your emotive, creative output (thus favorably resolving the catalyst). As you all should very well know, situations are not emotionally charged in and of themselves; it is you who gives it the emotional charge, and thus create your reality (i.e. your conditions, situations and experiences). Therefore how you act/react to situations and catalyst, is 100% your choice/responsibility. This is how reality is created every day by every single 3rd-density entity on this planet, whether positively or negatively.

In short, feelings and emotions are properties of consciousness, of sentience. The more spiritually-advanced an entity is, the greater richness, depth and subtlety of emotion it will have/know/feel/experience.

Emotions and feelings go hand in hand with consciousness and thought itself. As Ra so elegantly said, you are dancing thoughts. And what is the Original Thought (Logos) if not a kinetic focus of intelligent energy? Kinetic: from Gk. kinetikos, "moving, putting in motion." Energy: from Greek energeia, "activity, work, operation," from energos, "that which is active, at work."

Each mind/body/spirit complex entity is a thought; thought is energy, energy is motion; therefore every thought/action/energy/work has a kinetic, emotive, creative charge. Thus, you are co-Creators.

As for the role of emotions in space/time and time/space, I would only say that in space/time feelings/emotions are more mental-physical whilst in time/space much more mental-spiritual. The bridge is made when in space/time manifestation (incarnation) one turns consciousness inwards to the metaphysical realms, thus availing oneself to more "extrasensory perceptions" that allow one to work with the inner-selfness to more adeptly modify/change/create the outer experiential environment to match the consciously directed e-motions of thought into a preferred configuration.