Bring4th

Full Version: Hidden hand revealed a gift to you all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He suggested to read a book that was most congruent with the Law of One.
I don't think most of you set out to read the book of chuang tzu
so here I bring it to you.

some of his quotes

Do not seek fame. Do not make plans. Do not be absorbed by activities. Do not think that you know. Be aware of all that is and dwell in the infinite. Wander where there is no path. Be all that heaven gave you, but act as though you have received nothing. Be empty, that is all.

Chuang Tzu (c.360 BC - c. 275 BC)

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...
Suddenly I awoke...
Now, I do not know whether I was then
a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
or whether I am now a butterfly
dreaming that I am a man.

Our life has a boundary but there is no boundary to knowledge.
To use what has a boundary to pursue what is limitless is dangerous;
with this knowledge, if we still go after knowledge, we will run into trouble.
Do not do what is good in order to gain praise.
If you do what is bad be sure to avoid the punishment.
Follow the Middle Course, for this is the way to keep yourself together,
to sustain your life, to care for your parents and to live for many years.

The sound of water says what I think.

The Tao is in all things, in their divisions and their fullness. What I dislike about divisions is that they multiply, and what i dislike about multiplication is that it makes people want to hold fast to it. So people go out and forget to return, seeing little more than ghosts.

It is only when the formed learns from the unformed that there is understanding.

The Tao has no place for pettiness, and nor has Virtue. Pettiness is dangerous to Virtue; pettiness is dangerous to the Tao. It is said, rectify yourself and be done.

The raven hatches its young; the fish spew forth their eggs; the slim-waisted wasp transforms, and when a younger brother comes along the elder brother weeps. For too long I have not been able to work in harmony with these changes. So, given that I did not play my part in harmony with others, how could I expect to change people?

Although things seem to be sometimes going up and sometimes descending, sometimes slipping away, nevertheless there is a reality, the same today as in the past. It does not change, for nothing can affect it. Could we not say it is one great harmony? So why shouldn't we ask about it...

I'm going to spit fireballs at you if anyone says this has nothing to do with the Law of One

Your mind must become one, do not try to understand with your ears but with your heart. Indeed, not with your heart but with your soul.

how can i be STO?

Flow with whatever may happen, & let your mind be free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.

Nu Yu was teaching Pü-liang I to be a sage. It was three days before he was able to transcend this world. After he transcended this world I waited for seven days more, and then he was able to transcend all material things. After he transcended all material things, I waited for nine days more and he was able to transcend all life. Having transcended all life, he became as clear and bright as the morning. Having become as clear and bright as the morning, he was able to see the One. Having seen the One, he was then able to abolish the distinction of past and present. Having abolished the past and present, he was then able to enter the realm of neither life nor death. Then, to him, the destruction of life did not mean death and the production of life did not mean life . . .

Thank you Felix .)

I find understanding in those quotes, instead of confusion. Weird, when did I start to be able to "comprehend" such words!? I am sure there was a point I did not, its really weird to think back.

I think I just realized tangible progress made in the direction I choose to walk! Heh I am most exited over this seemingly small a thing. Yet I feel compelled to share it, so.. I do Heart

Yet I know nothing and that makes me laugh BigSmile

Meerie

(01-03-2013, 11:32 AM)BlatzAdict Wrote: [ -> ]Do not seek fame. Do not make plans. Do not be absorbed by activities. Do not think that you know. Be aware of all that is and dwell in the infinite. Wander where there is no path. Be all that heaven gave you, but act as though you have received nothing. Be empty, that is all.

very lovely. Reminds me of this "be water my friend" quote by Bruce Lee.

This part made me laugh:

"If you do what is bad be sure to avoid the punishment."

Thanks for sharing!
I don't know how Hidden Hands could gift people with something that has been in existence longer than him/her and was created by someone other than him/her. Try reading the Tao Te Ching first.
a gift can be something as simple as a reminder
i had never heard of chuang tzu before i read hidden hand.

also, the tao te ching is congruent with chuang tzu's life, his life was dedicated to the tao, and his greatest enemy and friend was Confucius

the very ideals of the tao.. were embodied by chuang tzu who lived to honor the natural forces
(01-03-2013, 02:11 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how Hidden Hands could gift people with something that has been in existence longer than him/her and was created by someone other than him/her.

Is that so?
(01-03-2013, 02:11 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how Hidden Hands could gift people with something that has been in existence longer than him/her and was created by someone other than him/her. Try reading the Tao Te Ching first.
Nothing is given to us without Hidden Hands help.
Hidden Hands keep secrets, old ones and sometimes gift their subjects with these gems, be it hydrogen bombs, musical instruments or the internet.