Bring4th

Full Version: Abortion - My child
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I am going through something and was wondering if anyone could offer something that might help me.

I fell in love with a girl. I recently found out she is pregnant and she doesn't want our child. She also said she doesn't love me anymore.

More than anything in the world I want my baby, but I understand she isn't ready and I wouldn't want her to do anything she doesn't want to do. I offered to take our baby and raise our child by myself, not requiring child support or anything on her part, but she declined, as the physical part of being pregnant scares her. All of that said, she is aborting my child tomorrow and doesn't want me to be there during and possibly after.

I have accepted it as the reality, and am trying to get over it, but it is so hard. I want so bad to have this baby in my life. I'm ready. I know this soul chose me as its father for this incarnation, and I will always be its father. This soul will always remain in my heart. I just feel like such a failure and so foolish to have let this happen with someone I knew wasn't ready. I feel like a father and now I know my baby is going to die tomorrow.

I'm just so angry at myself. And so full of sorrow and sadness and grief. Sometimes its all I can do to not break down in the middle of the street when I'm walking. I've never been like this in my life before, but now its my reality. I am trying so hard to figure out why this has happened and what is the lesson to learn here...

I'm not looking for advice on what to do. I am looking for advice for dealing with extreme sadness and sorrow and grief. I've never felt anything like this before.

PS: Save the sympathy, its not welcome here.
No sympathy, Michael, as you wish, but I hope some compassion is ok! Heart I do feel compassion for you and the difficult situation you are in!

Unfortunately, fathers don't have legal rights in these situations.

My first suggestion is: Have you fully expressed to this woman everything you just said here? Does she know the depth of your your yearning for this child and your commitment to raise the child?

It may be that she doesn't fully grasp that you're serious about this. Maybe she is concerned about the child's welfare. It's very rare for the man to want the baby; maybe she isn't taking you seriously.

It's important to realize that no woman ever wants an abortion. Most women 'choose' abortion because they feel they have no choice. They are desperate. This woman might not want the baby, but I can guarantee you she doesn't want to kill it either. She likely believes she is dong the 'right' thing and doesn't want to bring a child into this world whose parents aren't ready to care for him/her.

So, your task is to prove to her that you can provide for this child without her. You've already told her that you won't require anything from her after the birth, but you'll need to take it a step further, if you hope to convince her.

Here is my suggestion: Ask her to give you just a few days to prove to her that you are serious about raising this child. Present to her a very clear, detailed plan. How will you pay for the birth? What if there are complications? Does she have health insurance? If not, are you prepared to pay for medical care? Who will care for the baby when you are at work? Do you have the resources to make a lifelong commitment to this child? What sort of life will the child have?

Ask her for 3 days to get all this data ready to present to her. Tell her that you understand the final decision is up to her, but would she please just give you a chance to show her your plan.

This will also allow you to really get clear on an action plan, which you will surely need.

Also, contact Feminists for Life:

http://feministsforlife.org/

They specialize in this sort of thing. They aren't religious so they won't guilt-trip either of you, as religious 'pro-life' groups often do. They won't try to pressure you. And they certainly won't try to convert you. What they will do is offer options.

Regardless of what she decides, you will find support and resources at FFL. I highly suggest you contact them immediately! Explain the situation and see what they suggest.

If, after your best efforts, she goes through with the abortion, then do a meditation and contact the entity. Tell him/her that it didn't work out this time, but you will be ready next time. The entity may indeed come back to you, when circumstances are more favorable!

Blessings to you!
(01-08-2013, 02:18 AM)MichaelD Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not looking for advice on what to do. I am looking for advice for dealing with extreme sadness and sorrow and grief. I've never felt anything like this before.

When my father was in hospital, suffering (which was worse than the death), I had two days of complete, energy sapping grief, then I had a dream, after translating it, I chanted 'I am a child of god' for half an hour. Then it started to lift. I could then interact with people again.

I saw my father when he was alive, only once a week for about 15 years which is why the grief wasn't worse (wouldn't want y'all to think I was heartless).

So advice is both the god stuff and looking at dreams. Of course dreams are more tailored to the individual. Not everyone likes the god stuff.
MichaelD - no sympathy, no advice. But I will send love and light to you, the Mother and the unborn child and pray that each of you finds the best path.
(01-08-2013, 02:18 AM)MichaelD Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I am going through something and was wondering if anyone could offer something that might help me.....

...I'm not looking for advice on what to do. I am looking for advice for dealing with extreme sadness and sorrow and grief. I've never felt anything like this before.

PS: Save the sympathy, its not welcome here.

Hi Michael,

Greetings and welcome to you. You are loved and among friends. Though I feel great compassion upon reading your words, I will honor your request and try to offer a little bit of advice on dealing with the grief, without sympathy.

In no way do I claim that my situation is even remotely on the same level as yours, but about 3 months ago I experienced some of the worst grief of my entire life. Maybe some of what helped me can help you.

In my case, I lost a pet, but not just any pet -- one so dear to my heart that it absolutely shattered when it happened. I was overcome with grief. It was not only an old friend, but one that was much more like a child to me. As silly as it may sound in the light of your predicament, it really felt like I lost my baby. It felt as if a child was cruelly ripped from me and the pain was just indescribable. This whole thing caught me very much off-guard, because I've endured much worse things in my life and it has been many, many years since I felt anything remotely that painful.

Anyway, grief is grief, and I learned a few things that I can share that MIGHT help.

(01-08-2013, 02:18 AM)MichaelD Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just so angry at myself. And so full of sorrow and sadness and grief. Sometimes its all I can do to not break down in the middle of the street when I'm walking. I've never been like this in my life before, but now its my reality. I am trying so hard to figure out why this has happened and what is the lesson to learn here...

My advice is to NOT do all you can to avoid breaking down. Maybe not in the middle of the street, but I would suggest ALLOWING yourself to grieve in a safe place. Many of us suppress or try to reduce these 'negative' feelings. After all, no'one likes to feel bad, and grief feels really, really bad. Our survivor instinct kicks in and stoicism in the face of tragedy can seem, on the surface, to be sensible. Also, If you have a spiritual inclination, you might even feel these feelings of anger and grief are somehow not OK or should be "transcended" and "learned from".

And yet -- this experience has helped me finally learn that any suppression of grief actually retards the healing process. It makes it take longer and leaves knots in your heart that stay with you for a long, long time.

My best advice is to let yourself feel. Let yourself grieve. It's OK to do that, even if you are angry at yourself, or her, or just life in general. It's OK to grieve, it's OK to grieve, and it's OK to be angry.

As for seeking to understand, I think yours is a natural inclination, and it's a very healthy thing to do in the long-run. I am like this... when tragedy strikes, I always search for the meaning, siftiing through the catalyst/experience to find the lesson(s) in it. I feel like I need to find the lesson in order to effectively deal with things, and so I can TOTALLY comprehend how your mind can be frantically searching for the meaning.

In my case, I couldn't find the meaning at first, though I tried. So I did something different. For the very first time in my life, I FINALLY just allowed myself to grieve FIRST and learn the lesson LATER. It all seemed so senseless and unfair!! All of my supposedly evolved higher knowledge went out the window when the reality hit me as I held my lifeless little one in my arms.

So, I cried and cried and cried and cried. I cried until I had no more tears, and then I cried some more. I got up the next day and did it again. In the days that passed, instead of blocking it, or trying to "maintain", for the first time I just let it all flow THROUGH me. Instead of getting "stuck" or "suppressed", I just went into all the grief and sorrow and anger and let myself actually feel it....because IT IS OK TO FEEL IT. I talked it over with a friend who really understands me. I shared my pain with my wife instead of hiding it from her to protect.

If you have someone in your life you trust, I encourage you to share how you feel with them and talk about it. If you have no'one like that, even though I'm a 'stranger', I'll be happy to lend an ear if you'd like to discuss publicly or privately.

I also performed little rituals to help me come to terms, and maybe something like that could help you. There was something so indescribably healing in performing symbolic gestures that were personally meaningful. I actually felt a great relief by going through a burial ritual of my own design, wrapping him carefully in my favorite shirt with the arms crossed as if to hold him in my embrace forever. I left him a lock of hair, said many prayers, and picked special flowers and dedicated them to his memory, etc... I'm sure your process will be different as you and your situation are quite different. But if you listen, your heart will suggest the perfect thing for YOU. It will suggest any rituals to go through that will help you cope as well. Maybe you could buy yourself a little baby sleeper and symbolically bury that with great love. Or carry some object close to your heart that in some way represents him/her. Maybe a tatoo or a painting is what you need... I am sure if you look within, something that will help will arise.

The key, though, is to let yourself grieve FIRST and *THEN* you can figure it all out.

After I had shed all my tears and felt my pain...you know what happened next? After the worst of my grieving was done, THEN it all started to make sense for me. In later meditation, I discovered PROFOUND, PROFOUND, lessons from this experience. This was a deeply karmic significant event for me, and I now see it as a gift. Not a painless gift, but a gift all the same. I now see it in a positive light, even if I am still mourning just a little.

After the pain had passed, I could remember my belief in reincarnation and the absolute ETERNALNESS of the soul, and it no longer felt like an empty platitude, but a certainty. Neither your baby nor my cat can ever truly be separated on a soul level and you will probably have many lifetimes together and have all sorts of future adventures.

Honestly, I distilled amazing insight and meaning about myself and my life path from my grief experience, which was all the more amazing because it seemed so senseless at first. It all just flowed effortlessly.. I just had to get past the grieving before it all made sense and my lessons were clear.

I know that you too will one day make sense of what happened. You'll find the lessons to be learned and you'll be a better person for it. You will grow and you will transcend the pain eventually. It may always hurt just a little bit, but you will heal overall. You will heal. You won't be broken forever, I promise. You will understand. Healing and understanding both will come -- but no'one says it has to happen instantly. It's OK to grieve first, and figure it out later. Give yourself time, please.

That is my advice, my friend, distilled from this long-winded post. Know also that you are never alone, and that you are loved. Speaking for this community, I can say without reservation that we love you.

HeartHeartHeartHeart

Namaste

Love to all
I cannot claim to know how this feels for you, or what the "best" way to deal with the feelings would be, but I can offer some of my thoughts and hope that they bring you some comfort.

Firstly know that even if the abortion occurs, the soul that would have incarnated in that body will not be lost, it will simply go back to waiting for a viable body. If you do indeed have a connection to this entity or feel like they have chosen you to bring them into this world, then you WILL get another chance! Do not give up hope.
I am sad for you and this situation Michael! Love and light to youHeart you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Grief must run its course, so just be present with it as much as you can and let it run through.

Your baby is a great and powerful soul, and if this opportunity to incarnate is missed there will be another. I am very certain about that!
Thank you all for the kind words. It is reassuring the sense such light in this dark night of grief. The spirit who chose me as a father for this incarnation ended his/her physical journey and transitioned back into the realm of spirit yesterday, 8 Jan 2013. I will carry you always in my heart, and am so grateful to have you in my life.

Blessings to the child-spirit whose brief visit is still a reminder of the wonder and beauty and creative energy pulsing throughout this universe. I never even gazed into his/her eyes (soul), yet the love and connection with this little one was still strong enough to launch me on this part of my journey. There must be something fabulous coming toward me to warrant such a sacred messenger.