Bring4th

Full Version: The Green Beautiful: A Movie for Wanderers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
a movie for wanderers Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5CmMm_SRpM

peace,
mikey
This is an absolutely wonderful movie. From the profound to the bizarre and back Smile

Thanks alchemikey!
Oh wow, I just watched about 30 minutes of it and finally stopped...I've got to share this with me honey! We shall watch it tomorrow! So very, very cool! Thanks for posting!

Is there an English dubbed version?
(12-05-2009, 02:42 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an English dubbed version?

I was wondering the same. It says so, but I haven't been able to find it. Subtitles give an artsy feeling, but with the low res they are somewhat difficult to read.
(12-05-2009, 03:32 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering the same. It says so, but I haven't been able to find it. Subtitles give an artsy feeling, but with the low res they are somewhat difficult to read.

Yes, and not only that, but they talk really fast! Several times I had to pause it to catch up. My problem with subtitles is that I like to watch their faces and I have trouble doing both that and reading at the same time. Ah well, I'm not complaining! I'm looking forward to watching the whole movie tonight!

Does anyone know anything about who's behind this movie? What a great idea!
I discovered that Mila from the movie is Coline Serreau and also the director and writer. Her most famous work is "three men and a baby" Other than that' I can't find out anything interesting Smile

I've been thinking about the movie all day.
the only info i can find on the movie is that is was banned in the EU
(12-05-2009, 12:44 PM)alchemikey Wrote: [ -> ]the only info i can find on the movie is that is was banned in the EU

Why in the world would it be banned? (Don't tell us the reason if it's a spoiler! We haven't all seen it yet.)
I think they banned it because of (part 8/9 9mins 28 seconds).

I can't imagine any other reason. But this has always been a good reason to ban a movie.
It's retarded to ban a movie over this though.

fairyfarmgirl

I will have to watch more of this when my kiddos are in bed... All they do is ask me questions.. Why this What is that... LOL! It is like I am tour guide to the Earth... LOL!

--fairyfarmgirl
Quote:It is like I am tour guide to the Earth...
Eh....
Isn't that the definition of being a parent? Smile

ayadew

(12-05-2009, 02:48 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]I think they banned it because of (part 8/9 9mins 28 seconds).

I can't imagine any other reason. But this has always been a good reason to ban a movie.

That may not be far from the truth. I think it's banned simply because they can ban it.
It is extremely controversial in the way that it truly encourages free thought. And preventing free thought / consciousness is the final bastion for those who wants control.
But internet prevails!
(12-05-2009, 02:48 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]I think they banned it because of (part 8/9 9mins 28 seconds).

Ok now I'm really curious! I'll check back in later after we watch it!
We just watched it! We both loooooooovvvvvved!!! Absolutely wonderful! Should be required viewing for every member of Bring4th. (just kidding. Wink ) It was also really funny! We both laughed really hard a number of times!

Wow, you mean they ban movies for that? Wow. I agree though there wasn't anything else it could have been.
Think of the kids Monica!!! It's much better for them to see hundreds of death scenes in one movie than this. After all, this particular scene might damage and confuse their fragile little minds..... Ahem...

Sick isn't it?

I want to state my favorite moment from the movie. But I'm failing utterly. I'm going to have to watch it a few more times. Wink Madame Serreau has a delightful sense humor.
(12-06-2009, 08:46 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]Think of the kids Monica!!! It's much better for them to see hundreds of death scenes in one movie than this.

Oh, of course! Everyone knows that violence is ok, right??

Yeah, it is really sick. I'm reminded of a time when my son was little. I was with a group of religious moms who were discussing a company called Feature Films for Families. FFF had a really good idea: They edited mainstream movies so that they'd be acceptable for children. I bought a few of their videos for my son.

Well, the moms were talking about how FFF now had an edited version of The Matrix. They had removed the entire 30-second-long, non-graphic sex scene! The moms were thrilled!

I then asked them if the 10-minute-long shoot-em-up scene had been also removed.

They looked at me blankly.

These same moms thought nothing of letting their kids play violent video games.

(I'd better quit lest I get this thread off-topic. Sorry, but that's a pet peeve of mine!)

(12-06-2009, 08:46 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]I want to state my favorite moment from the movie. But I'm failing utterly. I'm going to have to watch it a few more times. Wink Madame Serreau has a delightful sense humor.

Yes, we couldn't stop laughing! And it was so fast-moving that the humor was relentless!

Some of my fav scenes:

The 'presentation of dead bodies' ...the crucifix scene...the politicians who got disconnected...the doctor and his wife talking honestly...

Great stuff!

There were a few minor little nits but nothing major...overall it was great fun!

ayadew

Bring4th_Monica: To be unconscious is the easiest thing in the world. Do not blame your fellow moms Smile
(12-06-2009, 04:42 PM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]Bring4th_Monica: To be unconscious is the easiest thing in the world. Do not blame your fellow moms Smile

Oops! Yeah, you're right! (feeling chagrined) Confused
I'm on Part 6 and I'm hooked!

What an awesome movie! thanks for posting!
I'm on Part 6 now, too - and hooked! Not getting my work done, though.

Oops!
Yes, thank you for reviving this thread(otherwise I would have missed it), I started watching and I can't stop. They even give us an idea how to stop the "powers that be" in part 8 in describing what happened to their planet when they had their "chaos" / transitional period. I realize that this is a fictional movie, but I don't think its far from the truth at ALL. BigSmile
The only thing I wondered about is birth control based on this year's crop. I would think they'd need to have a crop forecast for the 200+ year life expectancy of the population in order to gauge the birth control required.

Still - a good bump!

And I'll share the motto I have been "preaching" to my circle of influence: "changing the planet one purchase at a time!"

So darn cool.

I was watching this movie two nights ago, totally randomly, found from a wayward youtube comment (1 out of 1000 are useful). Yesterday I went back and watched the disconnection scene with the head of the maternity ward three times.
This scene is so great (so is the whole film) that I was going to post it or at least see if someone had put a link to this before... now the thread is revived after long slumber.

Universe, you've done it again!

Anyhow, the scene I'm in love with is the first five minutes of this portion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HEkEavkZ...re=related
Yes, I confess to guffawing at the 'disconnected' doctor playing with some guy's hair and only moments earlier being a channel for his institution/authority instead of a person. That was very funny and interesting in a serious way at the same time. Tongue
Great find! Thank you!
sweet, watching part 1 now !
It's funny b/c someone posted this video on my Facebook today as well. I saw it this morning and though huh, I guess I really was supposed to watch this movie yesterday!?

Awesome cheers for the link. Great little film. I find it funny that they banned it in Europe.
This was indeed a great and inspiring movie!! I loved it when I first discovered it on this thread. Thanks again for sharing.

This led me to check out some of Coline Serreau's other work. I really enjoyed a documentary on modern agricultural practices she made called "Solutions locales pour un désordre global", which is sort of "Local solutions for global disorder" or some such.

The version I found was subtitled in English, but it was still fantastic. Unfortunately I haven't been able to locate it on Youtube, but it is well worth watching if you can find a place to rent, buy or stream it.

Isn't it wonderful to find such inspiring work in the arts!

Love to all

Melissa

Heart
Pages: 1 2