Bring4th

Full Version: Fibromyalgia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kdsii

Hi everybody,

I've been recently diagnosed with Fibro, and am curious how this can play a role as catalyst in a positive way.
My thought process is, an obstacle must be overcome on your own to be able to master it - but this is no doubt a condition that I -must- have help from medicine.
So B4, what are your thoughts? Specifically, lifelong conditions - what's the lesson to learn from not being able to help yourself?

Oops mods, please move this thread where it's appropriate Smile

Cyan

kdsii

Yeah, no doubt. Thanks for the link Smile

Cyan

You're welcome. Pain management is a serious business, even if the internets always isnt.
(01-11-2013, 11:05 PM)kdsii Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everybody,

I've been recently diagnosed with Fibro, and am curious how this can play a role as catalyst in a positive way.
My thought process is, an obstacle must be overcome on your own to be able to master it - but this is no doubt a condition that I -must- have help from medicine.
So B4, what are your thoughts? Specifically, lifelong conditions - what's the lesson to learn from not being able to help yourself?

Oops mods, please move this thread where it's appropriate Smile

My mum is suffering from the same thing all the best my friend. So far she has changed her diet and tries to go to the gym a few times a week.

She is a workaholic though and still works ridiculous hours. She was diagnosed a year ago but doesn't really let anyone know if it's getting better or worse.

Hard when no one understands what it is really. I mean it's a result of blockages in whatever area but only the one inflicted would know (even if they aren't honest to themselves about it).

(01-11-2013, 11:16 PM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]I'll just leave this here: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/22...index.html Heart

I told my mum about trying weed for the pain ( was also thinking a bit of green goodness would help spur her thinking so she can solve the internal problem) However she dismissed it straight away, medical marijuana is illegal in my state as well so I would have to get it from a dealer.

Tried to get her to have a joint with me but seams she would rather play games on her phone she spends legit as much time as I spend on the computer on goddam iphone games. And to think she hounded me for spending to much time on world of warcraft hehe.
hey kd; I don't have anything specific to add about your condition.

but just wanted to thank you for all the contributions you made earlier in the year to the forums. They were some bright times BigSmile

- -

I did have my own spot of bother with a mysterious ailment in my early 20's. Lasted about 18 months - 2 years. From that, I personally developed a sense of patience, application of will, compassion for those in physically constrained conditions. I think those lessons stayed with me. I don't know where the 'condition' came from, or how it eventually 'disappeared'; but I definitely didn't enjoy it lol.

but there were fruits to be had, no doubt.

all the best friend;

namaste
Marijuana certainly. Acupuncture certainly. And arnica cream certainly.

Patience with yourself and others. Compassion. Empathy. Endurance.

Mind games, discover what works. Spend time focusing on the pain, and then spend time focusing elsewhere. Learn your strength, and love yourself.

Cyan

Pain relief is a personal issue. My preference is for the safest least intrusive option if long term pain, at the moment, that is in my opinion Weed. But there are many opinions on the relative safety of the various pain relief options.

I hope you beat this thing and get out healthy.
The problem with MJ for pain relief, medical card or not, is pain management clinics drug test and won't give out any meds if they detect THC in you system. If you attempt to show your card, they say don't bother. Since the pain relief ascociated with MJ only last a few hours and you can't take it all day while driving or at work, you will most likely need something stronger than an over the counter pain med. The same also goes for employers, despite wether you have a card or not, they can discriminate against you irregardless.

So until American society (plus the pharmaceutical industry/large corporations) rid themselves of the taboo, it won't matter that its legal on a state level for some.
Sometimes there are physical remedies that work, but they elude us until we've learned whatever we're supposed to learn from that particular catalyst.

I haven't met a single fibro sufferer yet who didn't get pain relief. Even some who were bedridden with pain...they were up, pain free, in 2-3 weeks. Pm me for details.

kdsii

Thanks everybody! Your words and thoughts mean a lot.
Smile Smile
work aholics get illnesses like these. what could be the causes behind yours?
I have no idea what the metaphysical reasons are, but I do know that acidity causes inflammation, and inflammation causes pain. Address the acidity, and the pain goes away. It's simple chemistry and I've seen it work many times. The body's pH needs to go above 7, and the only way to know that is to use pH testing strips.

These are the best ones I've found:

Phinex pH testing strips

It's important to test first thing in the morning, before eating or drinking anything - first morning's urine - and if it's below 7, then the body is acidic.

The pH scale is logarithmic, so if the person tests at 6.0, then they are 10 times more acidic than they should be. If 5.0, then they're 100 times more acidic.

People with cancer test in the 5 range, and those with advanced stage cancer can test as low as 4.5. That's dangerously acidic.

People with fibro or arthritis are very, very acidic too.

The good news is that there are ways to reverse acidity, quickly and naturally.
@Parsons

With tinctures, 'oil pens', and other means of medication, one could very well bridge the 'few hours' of MJ pain relief even if out and about or at work. MJ is very versatile and doesn't have to be (and really shouldn't be) smoked for pain relief. Ingesting is actually best for pain relief, and if you really wanted to minimize the psychoactive effects, you could engineer those results.

Easiest way that doesn't take half a chemistry degree would be to vaporize to about 210-230 degrees C, and then use the resulting plant matter as a source for some oil capsules. THC vaporizes at 180-190 degrees, so after it has been vaped to 220-230 most of the psychoactive effects have been 'spent'. The leftover is a high concentration of CBN and CBD cannabinoids, which seem to create the best results for pain relief. This can be very helpful for those who like cannabis but don't like the 'high'.

Then again, I could be misunderstanding you and none of this really applies Tongue

kdsii

Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks for the help here. After much work I feel I've been able to provide some level of healing and relief for myself.

Most importantly, aside from physical pain, I think what's saved me here is the realization that the level of consciousness I hold -completely- determines the lens through which I perceive my reality. Monitoring and tending to my internal garden is paramount - not secondary. I still have a lot of work to do though.

Thanks friends!