Bring4th

Full Version: Question about naming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Book I, Session 7

Questioner: I have a question about that Council. Who are the members,
and how does the Council function?
Ra: I am Ra. The members of the Council are representatives from the
Confederation and from those vibratory levels of your inner planes bearing
responsibility for your third density. The names are not important because
there are no names. Your mind/body/spirit complexes request names and
so, in many cases, the vibratory sound complexes which are consonant with the vibratory distortions of each entity are used. However, the name
concept is not part of the Council. If names are requested, we will attempt
them. However, not all have chosen names.

What Ra mean by "the vibratory sound complexes which are consonant with the vibratory distortions of each entity are used"?

Is this how we give things names? Is that why people with the same name tend to have certain common traits? In a TV show, a girl said "Wendy sounds like a fat girl's name", I wonder if she ever questioned why she feels this way. How do the scientists explain this phenomenon? How people associate objects with names?
(12-05-2009, 06:24 AM)kanonathena Wrote: [ -> ]Book I, Session 7

Questioner: I have a question about that Council. Who are the members,
and how does the Council function?
Ra: I am Ra. The members of the Council are representatives from the
Confederation and from those vibratory levels of your inner planes bearing
responsibility for your third density. The names are not important because
there are no names. Your mind/body/spirit complexes request names and
so, in many cases, the vibratory sound complexes which are consonant with the vibratory distortions of each entity are used. However, the name
concept is not part of the Council. If names are requested, we will attempt
them. However, not all have chosen names.

What Ra mean by "the vibratory sound complexes which are consonant with the vibratory distortions of each entity are used"?

Is this how we give things names? Is that why people with the same name tend to have certain common traits? In a TV show, a girl said "Wendy sounds like a fat girl's name", I wonder if she ever questioned why she feels this way. How do the scientists explain this phenomenon? How people associate objects with names?

I think paraphrased it can mean "Sounds/names which are similar to the characteristics of the entity are used."

The girl in the TV show might have been thinking of the "feeling" the name Wendy gave her, or she could be remembering overweight girls she had seen named Wendy. I don't think there's a way to tell. Here's the meaning of the name Wendy btw:
Pronounced: WEN-dee [key]
In the case of the character from J. M. Barrie's play 'Peter Pan' (1904), it was created from the nickname fwendy "friend", given to the author by a young friend. However, the name was used prior to the play (rarely), in which case it could be related to the Welsh name GWENDOLEN and other names beginning with the element gwen meaning "white, fair, blessed"."

And from another site:
"White Skinned
Origin: Welsh"

People with the same name having common traits could have to do with the perception of their name's meaning and then the ego's trying to fulfill that role, all on a subconscious level. I doubt there's any deeper meaning, that you can predict a person's behavior/characteristics by what they've heard themselves be called their whole life, but who knows?

I know that actions or objects are usually named by the sounds they make, or by a sound that relates to the feelings they invoke. Either that or they are named by association. But I don't know how that relates to the names of humans.

Very interesting topic. Smile
I always feel people can associate physical manefistations with sound vibrations in a completely intuitive way rather than through experience on what the sound represent. For example, my mother tongue is not English but I always found the certain English names such as "Jassica" very offensive since the first time I heard them, and I never looked them up in a dictionary, I just feel girls named Jassica are very extroverted and materialistic (not to offend anyone named Jassica here), and indeed I never liked a person with this name in my life.

A better example would be how parents name their children, since have not met this person how do they give them approprait names? Imagine his parents named Bill Clinton Allen Clintion, I guess many people will say "your name doesnt fit your look". But somehow his parents gave him the correct name. Hey, I just browsed the list of American presidents here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pre...ted_States

All the names have a distinct muscular quality to them, no Allen (I have not met Allens in my life and I dont know what Allen means). Maybe we could have some machine that convert physical vibration field to sound signiture?
(12-05-2009, 06:24 AM)kanonathena Wrote: [ -> ]Your mind/body/spirit complexes request names and so, in many cases, the vibratory sound complexes which are consonant with the vibratory distortions of each entity are used.

This is one of those Ra phrases that is put together in a complex way. Let's unwrap it to discover what it says.

mind/body/spirit complex = Ra's term for a person, a complex combination of mind, body, and spirit working together, one type of entity

vibratory distortions of each entity = the pattern of energy flow that is the inherent quality of an entity

vibratory sound complex = Ra's term for words that can be spoken, for communication through speech and listening rather than directly by thought from one mind to another

Here is how I interpret the passage, in simpler words:

The Council members do not use names as you understand names. The Council members recognize each other by their unique patterns of energy flow. Names are not needed.
You people like to use names when you speak to each other using sound. When you ask for a name for a Council entity, we make one up for you. Sometimes we have never tried this before. We find a pattern of sounds that is similar to the vibration pattern that's the nature of the Council member. In this way when you make those sound vibrations in your speech, you will be able to learn and understand something true about the Council member. But remember that this name is kind of like the member and not really something that they think of as essential to them, the way you like to have names for yourselves and for each other.

Ra spoke like an engineer because that was a very efficient way to answer the questions of Don, an engineer. Q'uo speaks like a kind person who doesn't use much engineering talk because Q'uo works through the conscious mind of Carla, a kind person who's not a trained engineer. It's like two ways to describe a house. The engineering blueprint might say, "There shall be an 8'6" high entry point of which construction shall make use of cedar for the primary access control panel..." The real estate agent would say, "This is a cute and pretty house with a beautiful elegant cedar wood door!"
I think you misunderstood my question. I understand Ra's words and merely use "what Ra mean" to provoke thoughts on the mechanism or intuition of how people link visual with sound. "We find a pattern of sounds that is similar to the vibration pattern that's the nature of the Council member." would give me your understanding on this matter. Sorry my question wasn't clear, my question really was how you "find a pattern of sounds that is similar to the vibration pattern".
I would believe that Ra, Hatonn and Latwii chose there names for our vibratory sound complex due to its holy vibration. As Dr. Wayne Dyer points out, one may notice most holy or elevated names have an "ah" sound in them, ie. Buddha, Allah, Shiva, God (pronounced Gahd), Adonai, Jehovah, El-Roi (pronounded el rah), El-Olam, El-Shaddai