Bring4th

Full Version: the power of prayer and a thought
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all
love and blessings to all of us

i am very new to this site . i recently received Carlas book
living the Law of One . the choice. as im reading it the simple
beauty and clarity of it are overwhelming in a sense. its like ive
found a truth ive been longing for all my life and what is that
truth, well it's unconditional love, unconditional acceptance
a total lack of judgement . simply put its beautiful.
before i found this site spirit had prompted me to increase my
prayer life significantly. i have been praying more and praying more
consistently than i have for quite some time. prayer is a tremendous
power that is under used imho . basically you can take every thing
in prayer to the great spirit and the prayers are without a doubt
responded to. there is never a time when u dont receve an answer
i want to relate an experience we had as a family recently.
we live with our son and daughter in law and their two boys
ivan and a.j. ivan is 3.5 and a.j. is 1 month plus. before a.j. was
born i regularly prayed that he would be born on a day when the
whole family was home. he was born on a saturday when we all were
home and it worked out perfectly as she delivered very quicly,
within 45 minutes of reaching the hospital. it would have been
very possible that a.j. could have been born at home or in an
ambulance but no he was born in the hospital
i know that my prayers affected this outcome. some might say
no big deal but i would beg to disagree. if we ask God answers.
that imho is very significant. so u might ask where is this leading to.
one thing that ive noticed since ive been here is that
Carla is suffering from pain. I am not a doctor but i am interested and
have been interested in health for a long time perhaps because i
have my own health issues For what it's worth. I am committed to praying for Carla
that she finds relief from this pain and i would ask those who care
to join in to join me in a regular committment to praying for her
that she receives relief from this pain. It seems to me the least that i
can do as some small display of gratitude for what Carla has given to
me. So i welcome all those out there who chose to join with me to
pray for her relief from this pain. the more people who join in
on a regular basis the more effect our prayers will have
I would like to make clear that i feel called to pray for those
who are suffering physically and that Carla is not the only person
i am praying for but it is something that i very much want to do

NorralHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

ayadew

I will aid Smile
Ditto that....

Saying a persons name out loud in a quite place while praying or meditating can also be of service to the 'thought'.
Amen Amen
Prayer is definitely your weapon along the way. However, most of the people make a prayer if they are in emergency or trouble. They are not consistently praying.
Acecale, please help me understand what you believe is "consistently praying." Do you mean to say that you agree with norral's interpretation of what is supportive for Carla? Or are you introducing a contrasting perspective for us to appreciate? I'm not sure I see where you are coming from with your first post. Welcome to the forum, by the way. What does Carla's work mean to you?
(07-26-2010, 11:18 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]Acecale, please help me understand what you believe is "consistently praying." Do you mean to say that you agree with norral's interpretation of what is supportive for Carla? Or are you introducing a contrasting perspective for us to appreciate? I'm not sure I see where you are coming from with your first post. Welcome to the forum, by the way. What does Carla's work mean to you?

Hello, Q. I realise this was not directed at me, but a reply was on my lips, and thought I'd release it :¬)

Many (most?) people associate prayer with religion. This in turn, makes the prayer to an entity above the self. This then, makes the prayer a request.

This has two effects. Firstly, the power is removed from the self. This is the antithesis of Ra's (and many other) teachings. The person praying now feels life is not in their control, and their destiny is at the mercy of an all powerful (and highly judgemental) God. This can, for many people, impose a position of fear, charging the prayer (which is a facet of intention) negatively. The Law of Attraction (read The Field, The Intention Experiment, or anything by Abraham or Bashar) states this will only yield one result; negative. Prayers can be framed positively of course, this is merely a warning of the dangers associated with prayers based on the foundation that the power is not within the control of the individual.

Secondly, and more relevant to Acecale's notion, people can to consider prayers to be 'special', i.e. they do not do it often, and only employ them for what are considered serious events. Many who pray each night do it out of habit, also, which is the equivalent of making a vehicle with no engine.

A prayer is basically a thought, a projection of the future, created in the imagination, and supported by visualisation. These are two of the most powerful tools we have in our consciousness arsenal.

Hence, one should use these tools daily, for all tasks, and all situations, to reap the benefit of their gifts, and power.
Thanks Namaste.

Without realizing it, the implicit message of the average prayer would be:

Dear dispenser of goodies who is separate from me and might hate and oppose me,
please stop hating and opposing me for a while, as I suffer in deprivation caused by your negligence and rage. Please think well of me, in my powerless helplessness, and deign to inconvenience yourself with an instant transformation of my situation so that I have nothing left to be responsible for improving on my own. Please stop causing my suffering, just for a while, and cause instead my blessings, all for no particular reason than that I am needy and incompetent to do anything on my own. In your total connection with circumstances outside of me, and my complete separation from influence over my own life, please confirm my inability to do anything on my own behalf. Thank you for doing this if you will, meanwhile I cringe in fear of your ongoing wrath or indifference. So be it.

If that's the way most people are really praying, it's just as well those prayers don't get answered.

By the way, I doubt we'll hear anything more from Acecale, particularly not anything responsive to this thread being about norral's prayers for Carla. I believe Acecale is an account created solely for the purpose of pasting in barely-relevant content copied and pasted from elsewhere in the Internet, for the goal of subsequently dropping off inappropriate advertisements. If I'm wrong and Acecale is indeed a real person, then I look forward to learning about how Carla's perspectives have helped him or her develop their understanding of prayer.
For some, it might be "for a moment, please stop dangling the carrot of temptation only to have me fall into a trap."

I used to think somewhat along those lines.

I like how Gregg Braden talks about praying with the heart. It's with feeling rather than words.
I don't know how most people pray. Just some people I know consider God a beloved friend. And as a beloved friend he will have to suffer through everything our friends suffer through. This includes complaints about the weather, but usually in humorous format. The idea is that to accomplish oneness there must be intimacy. I am here and you are there does not convert to intimacy, we're both here however does. So I do tell him what I want, even if it's pathetic and selfish. I don't expect him to give me what I want I don't expect him to tell me what to do. I only expect him to be a friend, and it is hoped that a friend would tell me if I'm being selfish and small minded, it is hoped that a friend would give their insights to help me, and it is hoped that a friend would lend a hand when needed.

There's a whole host of experiences in prayer or in the religious experience itself. I think it'll be difficult to judge others even if we do know, word for word, what they pray for.

The God is a king paradigm from the middle ages is still very much alive today. Some people do follow the God is a candy dispenser paradigm but they usually loose interest quickly. But there are other ways, perhaps even 6 billion of them when you get down to counting them all.
I will aid in praying for Carla also. She has brought much insight and joy to my life with the service she has tirelessly given over so many years.Heart

L&L
Avienda
Avienda: Welcome new user! Does your name have a meaning? Would you like to mention something about how you came across Carla's work and what it has meant to you?
(07-27-2010, 12:03 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]<snip>

If that's the way most people are really praying, it's just as well those prayers don't get answered.

If brought into this world and taught (edit: scarred) with the idea that you are born into sin, and you must worship Jesus otherwise your soul will burn in an eternal hell, one can see why people would phrase prayers, and thoughts, in this manner. A concept directed by the Orion group (STS), if I'm not mistaken.

(07-27-2010, 01:59 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I like how Gregg Braden talks about praying with the heart. It's with feeling rather than words.

Yes indeed. Emotions are the language of the Universe, the feedback system. They can be used consciously or unconsciously to manifest your experience within your Universe.

(07-27-2010, 04:43 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]There's a whole host of experiences in prayer or in the religious experience itself. I think it'll be difficult to judge others even if we do know, word for word, what they pray for.

The God is a king paradigm from the middle ages is still very much alive today. Some people do follow the God is a candy dispenser paradigm but they usually loose interest quickly. But there are other ways, perhaps even 6 billion of them when you get down to counting them all.

Of course, each person has the right to choose their path, and beliefs. It's just unfortunate many people are led in the wrong direction (from the perspective of compassion, as all is equally valid).
(07-29-2010, 09:21 AM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-27-2010, 04:43 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]The God is a king paradigm from the middle ages is still very much alive today. Some people do follow the God is a candy dispenser paradigm but they usually loose interest quickly. But there are other ways, perhaps even 6 billion of them when you get down to counting them all.

Of course, each person has the right to choose their path, and beliefs. It's just unfortunate many people are led in the wrong direction (from the perspective of compassion, as all is equally valid).

It's precisely as you say my friend, all is equally valid.

In shamanism there has been a similar shift. The early shamans living in primitive societies where life was often a fight for survival when they wanted rain they would fight the rain spirits to force the rain. Now, shamans on the whole prefer to ask for rain in a more harmonious manner.

The end result should be noted is the same. Rain spirits don't see the difference between force or a harmonious request. They're rain. Rain doesn't feel insulted when you open your umbrella. I humbly submit that rain has no psychology other than the psychology we project unto it.

I pray, a lot, I always have and I doubt this will ever change. But I realize that God is manifesting to me in my mind. And what I think he likes or dislikes is only relative to me.

It is told that a long time ago in a small village there lived many maidens to whom no husband was available. Each of them prayed to Krishna to send them a lover. Krishna replied to each of them to wait until a specific date, when he would personally come and be their lover. At first all the girls were very happy. Then they became jealous and angry with each other because Krishna had made the appointment for all at the same time.

However when the moment came. A whole army of Krishna's walked into the village. Each slightly different from the next but the perfect mate for one particular woman.

The point being that if someone needs a God/gift dispenser who gives them what they want. Then why would this not happen? Why would we assume God will not actually give us what we need or want? Would it be beyond him?

fairyfarmgirl

Life living in prayer is a life living.