Bring4th

Full Version: Dreams: The Void
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that whenever I have a recurring them in my dreams, there is some concept or lesson my Higher Self wants me to pay attention to. The most common theme for me is the 'school' dream, in which I either can't find my locker or was unprepared for a test, indicating missing an important lesson, or I might ace the test, be in college, or even be the teacher, indicating that I got it right.

But another common theme for me, that is more difficult for me to decipher, is the theme of being in a void...nothingness...or being trapped outside my body...or being at home but disembodied, with some danger there but no one can hear me...or I'm locked somewhere and can't find the key...not just can't find it, but it's been destroyed...a feeling of finality to it, until I wake up and realize it's 'just' a dream...the common theme being nothingness and cut off from those I love.

I find these dreams really creepy! Clearly there is something I am missing, but I'm not quite getting it. I can't quite see how this them applies in my life. It's a recurring them so there is obviously something I need to see that I'm not seeing.

Suggestions or feedback welcome!

ayadew

I can only suggest that all dreams are a representation of yourself and your inner workings/problems.
I am often at a loss myself as how to interpret them, and perhaps I should pay more attention to them. As of now there is little interest... but I'm sure it could be quite worthwhile!
I encourage you to learn more about how to interpret them Smile

Fear is locked away deep inside sometimes... do you have fear of transcendence? A different state of mind which might accidentally trap you? You must have faith that there is nothing to fear, for all is well.
3rd density is the 'worst' existence you'll ever have, because you are left only to yourself. In higher/lower it's impossible to shield yourself from the infinite love and perfection. This 'dogma' I base on my own memories of past life.
I just decided to start writing down what dreams I can remember this morning, before I read your post.

I've heard a lot about using dreams as a way of examining the self, and I think it's a valid tool. As ayadew mentioned, everything that happens in your dreams are indeed some reflection of yourself or aspect of yourself, and you are quite right in saying that often your dreams are a vehicle for your higher self to communicate with you directly.

While not being an expert or even anything more than a neophyte when it comes to dream interpretation and symbology, I would agree that it sounds like there may be some covered up fear there. Perhaps being 'out of body' is a symbol for changing some part of your life. And that you experience fear when you cannot get back in to your body may mean that you have a fear of not being able to 'get back' to who you are now, if you did change and not like it? (I may be way off here!) Or maybe it is more literally afraid of being disembodied?

Love and Light (and Sleep)
Lavazza
I would suggest, in your case:

A dream that takes place in school may be a metaphor for the lessons that you are learning from your waking life. You may be going through a "spiritual learning" experience. To dream that you are a teacher, indicates that you are in a position of disseminating your knowledge and wisdom to others.

and

To see or dream that you are in empty space, or a void, represents exploration and independent thinking. You are broadening your horizons and view. Is doing this comfortable and cozy? Of course not!
As a psychologist I'd like to add another more mundane possibility to the school dream... We've all done it we've all been there. It's just flashbacks to a time where we had less control and our lives were pretty much dictated to us all the time, maybe it's a sign that we feel a lack of control. And honestly we all have areas beyond our control. I think the school dreams are just a light version of post traumatic stress that our schools impose on practically everyone. In my dreams it's often a test that comes up that I forgot about.. Which happened to me a lot. Or not knowing where the next class is and not seeing any class mates to follow. Which also happened a lot I was in a big school. So for me it's a remnant of those stressed memories.

I don't know the void from dreams. But the simple idea it gives me is a feeling of isolation. Usually our dreams draw attention to aspects of life we're not usually aware off. And it could be as simple as not feeling understood in some interaction that causes the void. It could also be the primary trauma of becoming cut off from intelligent infinity. Which is what happened when we came to earth. I'm just adding ideas to the pile perhaps it triggers an insight or recognition but if not then it's not likely the right answer.
Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions!

(12-09-2009, 06:55 AM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]Fear is locked away deep inside sometimes... do you have fear of transcendence? A different state of mind which might accidentally trap you? You must have faith that there is nothing to fear, for all is well.

It seems to be a fear of being separated, cut off from everyone else...of being all alone, with no way to communicate to anyone. That much is clear. But I don't understand why I have this fear.

I don't really think it's a fear of death, because I've faced the possibility of death before and felt no fear of death itself (although I was concerned about leaving before I had completed my work).

In the dreams, I still exist. But I'm all alone, in total silence, unable to make a sound or reach my loved ones.

(12-09-2009, 06:55 AM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]3rd density is the 'worst' existence you'll ever have, because you are left only to yourself. In higher/lower it's impossible to shield yourself from the infinite love and perfection.

That's comforting!

(12-09-2009, 06:55 AM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]This 'dogma' I base on my own memories of past life.

I have past life memories too...which is perhaps why I don't fear death. I do, however, feel indignant about forgetting my current personality. Even though I know I will continue to exist, since the personality is lost, that bothers me. Maybe that's it. I'm not sure how to reconcile that. I know Ra said that nothing important is ever lost, but all the energies are distilled into what's important. And yet, it does sort of bother me.
(12-09-2009, 02:39 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]I think the school dreams are just a light version of post traumatic stress that our schools impose on practically everyone. In my dreams it's often a test that comes up that I forgot about.. Which happened to me a lot. Or not knowing where the next class is and not seeing any class mates to follow. Which also happened a lot I was in a big school. So for me it's a remnant of those stressed memories.

I agree that school dreams might be remnants of actual school experiences in many cases. I've had those types of dreams about jobs I used to have. In my case, however, I'm quite certain that the school dreams are a metaphor for Earth School. My school dreams are vivid, clear and brightly colored, which in my experience is indicative of message from my Higher Self; as opposed to murky, hodge-podge dreams which I interpret as my subconscious working out the stresses of the day.

The stresses I had in school were social stresses, rather than academic stress. I did well academically but dreaded recess! But the dreams all have the same themes, of either learning the lesson (and maybe even teaching it to others) or being caught unprepared.

Although I mentioned the school dreams, I'm pretty clear on their meaning. Those are easy! It's the 'void' dreams I'm having trouble deciphering.

(12-09-2009, 02:39 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know the void from dreams. But the simple idea it gives me is a feeling of isolation. Usually our dreams draw attention to aspects of life we're not usually aware off. And it could be as simple as not feeling understood in some interaction that causes the void. It could also be the primary trauma of becoming cut off from intelligent infinity.

In waking life, I am not isolated at all. So I think it has to do with feeling cut off from Intelligent Infinity.
I have been having a few school dreams lately to. Thank you for posting about them Monica, and thank you all for the advice. Has anyone been having a lot of somewhat retarded action packed dreams as well? A kind of mix between resident evil, the matrix, and james bond? It even felt like I was using a lot of what can only be decribed as 4d powers. Maybe I jiggled a few marbles loose............ Tongue

Anyway thanks yall!

L/L

p.s. Weird that we face the same issues on such a regular basis. Obvious connection is obvious Smile

ayadew

airwaves: Oh, you can't imagine. I've been a ninja with jet-pack, flying around fighting all manner of creatures in epic settings. Those dreams are rare sadly, but when they come I do cherish them a lot. BigSmile

ayadew

I'm seriously starting to get messed up in my head from all my strange dreams. If it's my higher self speaking, it really wants me to take notice. It really prods me violently! I will start writing down my dreams and try to interpret them.

I saw a pyramid on Mars. It was -really- important for some reason, profound and central. Mars held so many secrets, and our own world was about to be engulfed by the same catastrophe that had struck it - dark shadowy things from the depths of ourselves. The pyramid was the only thing standing.
This got me thinking that the pyramid of Giza would be the only thing left on this planet if we destroyed ourselves with the creator knows what weapons.

According to some dream intepretions a red pyramid is an aggresive and fundamental change.
I also killed some monsters. This must have to do with that I'm getting somewhere I want.. facing my fears or something.

These dreams start to merge with my reality, and sometimes I wonder if I've dreamt something or not. If someone told me there's a giant pyramid on Mars I wouldn't be suprised at this moment.

I think dream intepretation is personal though, and only your own mind speaks it's symbolic language. Only your own self. There is no universal dream intepretation, and so I guess it'll take some time before I understand whats going on.
I have all kinds of weird stuff going on lately..............

It feels as if I am on the cusp of something REALLY big. A tidal wave that has been gaining speed and growing in size and is cresting. My higher self has been sending me all kinds of messages all throughout the day, very few of which I can understand. And now for the last 2 weeks at key points in my thinking, decision, and meditation proccesses the song White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplaine has started playing either in my head or on the radio or both, sometimes all the way through.

Quote:One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all

Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits, and you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call

Call Alice, when she was just small

When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low

Go ask Alice, I think she'll know

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's "Off with her head"
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head

Only when I get to the final 2 lines it says:
Quote:Remember what the Doorman said!!
Keep your head, keep your head!

I understand that this is an easy mistake to make but I am pretty sure that it is a purposefull mistake. It would seem to flow with everything else, though both endings work in this case I think.......... idk

In a way we are all Alice I suppose. I need to find my ruby red slippers.

"There's no place like home......."

Quite the trip ehh? Blush

L/L

fairyfarmgirl

We all have the capacity to become the dreamer instead of being dreamed... Intend that you are in control of your dream and then begin asking questions when you find your are in the void... Ask aloud in your dreaming to the Gatekeepers and Guardians and they will answer and guide you through that which you are learning/transmuting.

I once said to a Teacher who asked me what was in the empty pot and I replied, "It is full of emptiness."

fairyfarmgirl

Brittany

I’m not the greatest at interpreting dreams, but I’ll give it a crack. Obviously everything I say is my own opinion only, and I think ultimately the true interpretation of any dream can only be achieved by the receiver of the dream.

Perhaps you feel you are blocking your own progression somehow. I’ve heard that everyone you see in your dreams is a reflection of some part of yourself. If no one else is seeing or hearing you, it could in fact mean that you haven’t opened yourself up to parts of your inner self enough to be able to communicate freely. If you are locked up and the key is destroyed, I would think this represents some kind of strong resistance- a definitive attempt to halt something. Are you feeling hemmed in in any way or is there a particular issue in your life you feel like might be holding you back? Just a thought.
I have been having another somewhat reoccurring dream, well, reoccur. It seems to flow quite well with the Alice in Wonderland theme of my current illusion.

In the dream, I am in a third person point of view, I am sitting in a chair, in a lush almost prehistoric field. Directly across from me is another version of myself going over early 5th density lessons. As if reviewing old information. I think that the version that is doing most of the teaching(for is it not learning/teaching, teaching/learning?) is a version of my higher self, and this version of my higher self is giving the teachings to my subconscious for safe keeping or for future needs.

It feels as if, in a way, I am being prepared to head back "home". I cannot consciously remember any of the lessons, but I do remember one of the lessons giving me a complete understanding of how everything, everyone, every moment, every thought, feeling, gesture, and action, is connected. I seen how we are all one, and every one of us is the creator. It felt so obvious. Like "how could I miss this?" I could see it as a web and as a multitude of other things. I understood the creator. And it was love Heart. I just wish I could remember.

So what do you think? What is going on? And do you think it has to do with the numb and disinterested feeling I have had again lately? Huh

:-/ Distortion

L/L Smile
As Q'uo has stated, we go through cycles where we have moments of total awareness, only to fall back below the veil. This is normal and is supposed to be what happens. Being that you are most likely a wanderer, this dream you have may be a type of remembrance or understanding of that which you have known when not hidden by the veil.

Your disinterest is also normal as you awaken. It is due to the fact that this is not your natural vibration, and you are out of sync with it (if you are a wanderer). This will come to pass.
(01-05-2010, 03:58 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]As Q'uo has stated, we go through cycles where we have moments of total awareness, only to fall back below the veil. This is normal and is supposed to be what happens. Being that you are most likely a wanderer, this dream you have may be a type of remembrance or understanding of that which you have known when not hidden by the veil.

Your disinterest is also normal as you awaken. It is due to the fact that this is not your natural vibration, and you are out of sync with it (if you are a wanderer). This will come to pass.

Thank you for your response friend/brother. This poor boy just needs a break. It seems like more are needed and on a more frequent basis as we get closer to the end of time. I am never going to get anything done, :-/ lol!
Warm greetings to you. In regards to your dream perceptions:

"But another common theme for me, that is more difficult for me to decipher, is the theme of being in a void...nothingness...or being trapped outside my body...or being at home but disembodied, with some danger there but no one can hear me...or I'm locked somewhere and can't find the key...not just can't find it, but it's been destroyed...a feeling of finality to it, until I wake up and realize it's 'just' a dream...the common theme being nothingness and cut off from those I love."

It appears to speak to my conception that, "we are all, one, and none, at the same moment(s)". Sometimes it is forgotten that the key is under our nose, so to speak. When one is thrust into a shell that is acutely familiar to us, yet not as pure, one may perceive the answer to lay indefinitely outside of the visual range of such a vehicle. Yet, recognize the emotions of instability as insignificant. Then acknowledge the peace within as stating, yes, this is a dream, a slight illusion to your temporary state of consciousness/awareness.
That the ones which were loved did not truly parish, only, it simply appeared that way, until we nurtured the spirit existent within all things.

glory and love be with you,
albatross.
(12-09-2009, 03:19 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]But another common theme for me, that is more difficult for me to decipher, is the theme of being in a void...the common theme being nothingness and cut off from those I love.

Is there a chance that this represents your greater self's sadness or frustration at the 3D veil cutting you off from a greater perception of the Creation's love and allies?
Hi Monica,
Clearly, your Higher Self is trying to get a message to you. It may be about fear, been powerless, trapped, alone in the void... Now, remember that the Higher Self is always getting messages through our conscious mind, by the way of feelings. So everything is fine so far. BigSmile

However, feelings are energy and, all feelings can be transformed by the opposite ones, transforming then, the polarity of the energy. It is necessary therefore to be aware of the feelings, before being able to switch the energy. Some feelings being deeply burried, your Higher Self kindly shows you the dreams in order for you to release the energy from the feelings, however incomfortable they may present themselves.

Awareness is the key - this one is not to be lost! -
Awareness of the feelings will present to your consciousness the energy trapped in them. And, you just did that! So far so good!

Now that you have faced your feelings of fear and, since you know that separation is futile BigSmile, the next step is to just eat the fears, munch them, incorporate them, accept them - after all, they are yours, made from your energy -. By eating them, they will be 'processed' through the right track (haha!).
Since we know that the digestive system is a black hole, only at a smaller scale, it makes sense to foresee what will happen next to feelings of fears; they will be recycled, simple! In the same manner energy is released from food from eating, you will gather back the energy of feelings so released.
By doing things in the way of eating your fears, you will realize an act of unification. You will therefore stay clear from a possible act of separation and, will benefit from the reunification of the energy of duality. This dual energy newly recovered, you may then utilize for realising your oneness/touching intelligent infinity.

How does that sound?
Hope it is to taste Tongue.
If anything look a bit unclear, let me know.
Love and Light,
Whitefeather
(01-13-2010, 01:43 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a chance that this represents your greater self's sadness or frustration at the 3D veil cutting you off from a greater perception of the Creation's love and allies?

Very astute! Yes, there is that chance. Most definitely!

But what to do about it? Why is my Higher Self sending me these messages?

Although, interestingly, I haven't had the dream since I posted this. Hmmm....
(01-14-2010, 02:55 AM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]How does that sound?

I'm going to have to ponder this and get back to you. It's not clear to me at the moment, but that might be because it is 2am. Thanks for giving me food for thought! BigSmile
(01-14-2010, 03:59 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]But what to do about it? Why is my Higher Self sending me these messages?
.../...
(01-14-2010, 02:55 AM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]How does that sound?

I'm going to have to ponder this and get back to you. It's not clear to me at the moment, but that might be because it is 2am. Thanks for giving me food for thought! BigSmile

Hi Monica,
The munching thing is all about acceptance. First the negative feelings are shown to the mind (for you in dreams, for some others, through catalysts), then they are faced, observed and accepted, and only then they can be balanced in the person by the person, through the equally weighted positive feelings. Once this is done, the person recovers the negative energy as pure energy, in order to further the work of the mind and the heart.

The munching/eating/absorbing is an expression of greeting and appreciation of the negative energy offered. However, you can see that it is also a transforming act.
The munching is NOT a negative act of rejection, judgment and/or separation; it is NOT an act of fight. It is a rather pleasant acceptance and transformation of energy; a natural one indeed.
Besides, it is YOUR energy; munching your fear is not as if you were taking (by force) anyone else energy.
So you are safe on your STO path while you recover burried deep energies emerging now that you are aware of your choice. Since you know that you do not wish to act upon those fears (you are only seeing them), by this knowledge as well as the peace you gain from the experience, the energies get balanced.

I find yours a perfect manner to do the work. Smile
It is just the right answer.Angel

Let me know your reflections and, whether this helps.
Take care,
L/L
Whitefeather
(01-14-2010, 02:55 AM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]Since we know that the digestive system is a black hole, only at a smaller scale, it makes sense to foresee what will happen next to feelings of fears; they will be recycled, simple! In the same manner energy is released from food from eating, you will gather back the energy of feelings so released.

I had never thought of that metaphor before, Whitefeather. Thank you for sharing it. I guess from the perspective of a plant or animal cell, a digestive system is indeed an Event Horizon past which nothing can be known. Nothing need be lost but the atoms and molecules are redistributed to new uses. What a uniquely fresh way to think about this both literally and metaphorically.