Bring4th

Full Version: The beautiful melody of the planets.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forgive me if this is old or you've seen it before, but I stumbled across this the other day and was amazed by it. These are the electromagnetic emanations of the planets Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, and their moons, recorded by Voyager I and II. Whoever uploaded them seemed to be afraid of them, but I find the melody to be supremely peaceful and beautiful, almost joyous. It's as if the planets had been singing all this time just waiting for an ear to evolve enough to be able to hear it. You might have to turn it up as it's kind of quiet.
http://gizmodo.com/5419181/the-bone+chil...ep-tonight
The timer counts down instead of up, so when there's about three minutes left, the ringing starts.
I like it Smile
Wow. Thank you for sharing this. I like it too!
Thank you, I agree, it's beautiful and not scary. I get the image of a huge beast floating in infinite space. A bit like a whale. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
thanks Aaron, that is pretty amazing.

some say that music is the unifying force of all things, combining both the rational and the emotive mind.

music of the spheres indeed.

Shin'Ar

I think there is a place somewhere in this forum where someone had posted a similar you tube where people, were hearing the earth actually making groaning sounds.

I find this fascinating and further evidence that all existence is about soundwaves.
This is the same sound film composer use to depict space scenes. Very spooky and deep like whale song or the background noise deep under water.
(04-19-2012, 09:00 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]I find this fascinating and further evidence that all existence is about soundwaves.
How can this be evidence that all existence is about soundwaves? Someone took a tiny portion of the em spectrum detected by a magnetometer and artificially mapped it to frequencies in the audible range. That's kind of like saying all existence is about light emitted from television screens.
Check out the music of the cataclysmic variable star.
These stars are so dense, and pull in and put out so much energy, that their light is circularly and linearly polarized. If you know about physics, it's unreal to find a naturally polarized light source.

By the way I couldn't find the music at that link you provided.