Bring4th

Full Version: The butterfly and the caterpillar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The butterfly and the caterpillar

There once were two caterpillars, they were perfect for one another. They liked the same leaves, liked crawling on the same trees and most of all enjoyed each others company. They spent all their time together. They once went on a wonderful adventure away from home. They went to a new place together to start a caterpillar life together.

Then one day mr. Caterpillar got really sleepy and had the urge to make a strange contraption on a branch. Mrs. Caterpillar was very worried about mr. Caterpillar and wanted him to stop and spend time with her and not be off on his own doing god-knows-what.

As much as mr. Caterpillar tried to fight his urges and stay with mrs. caterpillar he knew he had to finish his project, although he wasn't quite sure what it was he was making. Mrs. Caterpillar grew ever more impatient with mr. Caterpillar.

One day mr. Caterpillar was gone and when mrs. Caterpillar went to look for him by his work she found a hanging cocoon. She was furious that he would leave her for something as ugly as that and was deeply hurt by his abandonment. She would sit by the cocoon for hours waiting for him to come out.

One day the cocoon stirred and mrs. Caterpillar was anxious. The cocoon opened and out came someone she didn't even recognize. It had wings and a thin torso-- Big wings she couldn't understand. She cried out in fear at the sight, but the creature told her not to fear. He then proceeded to say that he used to be mr. Caterpillar and now he was mr. Butterfly.

He then took a leap and with a flap of his wings was gone. Mrs. Caterpillar was now more scared than ever before. He had become something she hadn't wished for. She just wanted a caterpillar mate but now this was someone totally different.

Before she knew it he was back. His strange body and demeanor were too much to take in. He was just too different. He spoke of how they could still be together and that it was the natural order of life to change, but all she heard was gibberish. She wanted her mr. caterpillar back. He would crawl along side of her wherever she went and be with her but when she went to sleep he would fly.

He would fly above the trees and see the world from a whole new. His big wings taking him to places he never imagined as a caterpillar. The mysteries of the forest were no longer unknown, but understood.

He had to finally come down from flying and spend the days with the caterpillar walking and smiling to himself with vast understanding and knowing that one day she would fly with him as well, but for now, he would crawl for a spell.

That's the story of my wife and I.
Nice story! I sometimes feel the same way in my own relationship. Though my girlfriend is very open minded and supportive, she just doesn't get why sometimes I'd rather meditate than watch TV with her and she gets antsy when I talk about the archetypes or energy centers or whatever BigSmile