Bring4th

Full Version: A possible look at the archetypes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Plenum got me to thinking last night...
Quote:if we ignore the first card, and the last 2, we have:

Tower, Star, Moon, Sun.

Perhaps in view of all 7 of the cards of spirit. Ra refers to the Devil card as the darkness of the soul. It got me to thinking about light/wisdom/compassion

Quote:The Matrix of the Spirit is what you may call the Night of the Soul or Primeval Darkness. Again we have that which is not capable of movement or work. The potential power of this extremely receptive matrix is such that the potentiator may be seen as Lightning. In your archetypical system called the tarot this has been refined into the concept complex of the Lightning Struck Tower. However, the original potentiator was light in its sudden and fiery form; that is, the lightning itself.
Toward wisdom:
Magician - The obsession and seeing all things as new (randomness)
High Priestess - Ability to look within (growth)
Empress - Ability to discern desirable from undesirable (awareness)
Emperor - The need to hold on to that which is desirable (love)
Hierophant - Ability to identify that which is necessity (wisdom)
Lovers - Like a marriage, ability to let go of that which may only be self-serving (unifying)
Chariot - Ability to see use in all things (sacrament in all things)
(And though I speak a lot of home in this, as a representation of the body, I believe that it's an analogy here)

Toward compassion:
Justice - Fully defining separation (of self from others) and black-and-white (random movement)
Hermit - Need to separate oneself (growth)
Wheel of fortune - Cracking open the door when there are major events (awareness)
Strength - Ability to open the door to others (love)
The Hanged Man - Sacrifice of "domestic security" (wisdom)
Death - Letting go of the need of home (unifying)
Temperance - Being "home" wherever we are (sacrament in all things)

Towards the light:
Devil - Pure self-indulgence for purposes of distraction from the spiritual catalysts (random movement)
Tower - The small flash in realization that remaining in the darkness may be destructive (growth)
Star - The faint candlelight of illumination, providing a direction to crawl (awareness)
Moon - The dimly lit path that may be full of stumbles, and the anxiety of stumbling (love)
Sun - The well lit path and the ability to travel unhindered (wisdom)
Judgement - The full light, permitting discernment of the true reality from falsehood (unifying)
World/Universe - The ability to see all things (sacrament in all things)

The fool - The jump into the unknown (movement for the sake of the experience)
I think there is also the recognition of the Magician as a being that 'knows nothing'; and that this is very much a constraint of the 3rd density mind.

Quote:61.9
This is not a dimension of knowing, even subjectively, due to the lack of overview of cosmic and other in-pourings which affect each and every situation which produces catalyst. The subjective acceptance of that which is at the moment and the finding of love within that moment is the greater freedom.

we can draw upon the High Priestess to potentiate the action or thoughts of the Magician; but that is only ever a temporary measure; we cannot 'see' the full database of knowledge that is contained in the library of Allness.

this is a humbling acceptance to make; and also liberates the expectations you might have of others; they too, are in a similar position and there is no need to idolise or elevate their understandings. There are talents to be sure; but the knowledge is not complete in this place of experience.

3d is all about that action of catalyst; the movement towards love, and the opportunity to constantly rebalance; and learn the skills of a tightrope walker in space/time.
I need to get into this more thoroughly. Make a table of Archetypes and stuff...