Bring4th

Full Version: a strange, connected world
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I sometimes have to do a double-take on this world of ours.

we are constantly connected to each other via the Internet and Mobile Phone.

and yet, these technological achievements only started becoming mainstream around 1995, and really truly common around 2000.

so let's say its been 12 years that we've been living in this 'connected paradigm', where we can reach each other, anytime, all round the world.

a connected species essentially.

truly wondrous to ponder.

Smile
Definitely. I think a technological singularity seems possible within 100-300 years. Gradual transition to 4d they say in 100-300 years...hmm.

Speaking of which. Where are you. Get your on chat Mr. "Interconnected." You used to idle there all the time around midnight pacific time. And now you make this post, and you are no where to be seen. I want my money back.
lol @ xise.

as it currently stands, Mr Cyan is the official chatroom 'Master of Ceremonies'. I serve in an auxillary role when Mr Cyan is unable to fulfill his duties due to sleep requirements (an unfortunate side effect of 3d bodies).

but yes, I will make a re-concerted effort to be present in chat when the calling is received.

speaking of calls, this was my first smartphone from all the way back around '05 or '06. A whopping 32meg of ram lol.

[Image: y8ikPVo.jpg]

Motorola A1000. What a beauty!
PPL STILL PREFER TO TXT THAN TO VIDEO CHAT OR CALL pffttt!!!
...the other side of technology:

[Image: Kids+playing+in+1984+vs+kids+playing+in+2012.jpg]
That is soooo true! I saw this happening way back in the mid 90s, when some of the boys were just sitting there playing with their Gameboys, instead of playing on the playground. (back then it was mostly the boys who had the electronic gadgets...not true anymore.)

but then, I remember being one of the first at school to own a calculator...back in '75. My best friend got annoyed with me because I kept playing with my calculator.