Bring4th

Full Version: In Brazil It’s Raining Spiders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: original.jpg]
Quote:What's that? You're worried about a little snow falling on your head? How adorable.

Meanwhile, in Brazil, it's raining spiders.

Footage posted online yesterday shows thousands of spiders "falling from the sky" in the southern Brazilian town of Santo Antônio da Platina.
Video at link. http://gawker.com/5982891/meanwhile-in-b...ng-spiders
Um, sorry to disappoint, but if you look closely, you'll see that they're walking on their web, and there are no spiders above the cable lines.

It might be unusual that they're building so high, but they don't appear to be falling from the sky.

It's still interesting and anomalous, but not quite as anomalous as raining spiders! Tongue

My hubby just told me about a book from back in 1919, presumably one of the first books to document such anomalies.

Book of the Damned by Charles Fort.
(02-10-2013, 05:15 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Um, sorry to disappoint, but if you look closely, you'll see that they're walking on their web, and there are no spiders above the cable lines.

I saw. Might be why they put "raining spiders" in quotes. Pretty good sized spiders to just show up all over everything like that. Notice the size?
Yeah that's true! Still anomalous nonetheless!
I wonder if they taste good
Woah that's pretty crazy in my eyes, that must a be quite a massive web structure. They are hanging in the air as well not under any lines.

I wonder.. will the coming years be more and more anomalous. I mean in such drastic examples as this and the just happened possible meteor over Russia. Possible because I do not know what it was.

Eh maybe I am picking up what I "want" to see .p

Any who, thanks for sharing!
It is physically possible for this to happen... I had heard of this phenomenon previous to seeing this thread. It's been known to rain frogs in stormy weather. The hypothesis is these small second density creatures get sucked up into it the cloud from a waterspout/tornado and 'rain' down someplace else.

That being said, it is also possible to hoax something like this, so I can't say this particular instance is real or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raining_animals