Bring4th

Full Version: Facing Fear!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Zachary

The first step to transmuting fear is to recognize it is there. Many others, like myself, I am sure have certain deep seeded fears within them that they have a hard time facing, whether it be represented as lack of confidence, being afraid of 'losing control', fear of social interaction, or something as seemingly simple as fear of spiders!

There is something so incredibly freeing about putting yourself out there and facing and acknowledging how you really feel about yourself and not being afraid to voice it. I thought maybe this thread could serve in the way of letting go of self importance and acknowledging the deep seeded fear some of us have within in order to transmute it!

Don't be afraid to put yourself out there!

I'll start by coming out with some of what I fear and follow up by why I think it is still contained within me and what I am doing to transmute it.

-I am afraid of being under estimated. I like to think that at my core I am mindful and wise being who is continuously seeking balance and actively pursuing an experience filled with a higher ratio of positive energy, to negative.

-When I feel as though my wisdom isn't acknowledged by other active seekers, or when I feel that someone thinks I do not understand something (when I feel I do), I often will experience a hurt within me, fear of not being recognized for who I believe I am, at the core. I fear this because I feel like I am not in control when I feel I am being seen in a way I don't see myself.

- I am afraid of negativity. Although often I will choose to allow negative thoughts into my experience, whether in a conscious manner or a more subconscious manner..I dread seeing myself as someone who allows hateful and angry thoughts towards myself and others, to enter my mind...as I don't believe, at my core...this is what I truly represent. I fear this because I feel like when I am expressing negativity I am betraying the myself and others, by not allowing my true essence to be channeled through me, into this experience.

- I fear taking complete responsibility for every experience I go through, regardless of how it appears on the surface. I fear letting go of blame, and realizing that the world is a reflection of my inner thoughts, feelings and emotions. I fear this because (somewhere inside me) I feel like I lose control...as odd as that may sound.

-I fear putting myself out there and expressing what I see as my weaknesses in the open. Which is, in part, why I made this thread Wink. I fear this because being vulnerable can feel uncomfortable to me.

-I fear the day when my dog leaves 3rd density. I fear this day because I find myself heavily identifying with her as a part of me that I can't see not being there.

What I am doing to transmute these fears is working on breaking my ego down and putting myself out there, being completely open and honest with myself and others. I am striving to, in every situation, realize my part and the choice I have made to experience anything and everything that I have ever and will ever experience.

Meerie

I have a fear of being ridiculed, especially in public...
yellow ray I guess.
Which is kind of "funny" because I sometimes play the clown and is there so much difference between people laughin at you or with you?
Even if they laugh at my jokes I sometimes get the feeling I am ridiculous that way or that they might find me ridiculous.
Maybe I am from Sirius.
Tongue
(oops I did it again...)
(02-16-2013, 01:28 AM)Zachary Wrote: [ -> ]- I fear taking complete responsibility for every experience I go through, regardless of how it appears on the surface. I fear letting go of blame, and realizing that the world is a reflection of my inner thoughts, feelings and emotions. I fear this because (somewhere inside me) I feel like I lose control...as odd as that may sound.

I think loss of "control" is central to many of our fears. It is a lesson I too have learned along the way, that having control is part of the illusion.

Thank you for sharing your fears with us Zachary!
I have a fear of people paying attention to me. Sounds silly but I feel like if people watch me too closely or delve too deeply into figuring out who I am that they will somehow find something that will turn me into a public spectacle. As a result of this I am paradoxically very shy and quiet around people I know but sociable around strangers and people I don't see often. I've been doing a lot of work on figuring out why I am this way and I have been able to trace it back to certain childhood events.
fear seems to be a doorway to darkness, that we can choose to move into, and be engulfed by.

sitting right next to it, is a doorway to light, although sometimes this door is closed and we don't know it is there (through ignorance of another possibility).

we are shown the dark doorway by other people's experiences and through what we observe in others and ourselves.

very rarely do we see the brighter way.

it doesn't make it any easier to deal with engrained and persistent fears; sometimes it takes a brighter light to show us the other doorway.

such doorways of pure love and wisdom are paragons known as Jesus, Buddha, and other remarkable individuals (such as my brother in real life, whom I don't claim to be an avatar, but is pure open heartedness).

The light is the antidote to fear, that there is another way.

- -

I don't claim to lead a fearless life; but I know there is definitely another way Smile
(02-16-2013, 12:36 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]having control is part of the illusion.
Yes and can you really relinquish this control? Nope. The 3D mind works and we learn by virtue of its mechanism of identification. You may be more "in the present" and not try to "control the future", having replaced the latter with "faith". However, because as Ra relates we can't really understand here, what we experience must become part of us in one way or another which demands the conscious act of "control".

Fear is emotional feedback due to lack of acceptance. When you look at what it's protecting you are providing opportunity to acknowledge self. The circumstances of the fear-provoking idea may be allegory for what has yet to be accepted. (i.e. not "acknowledged" at work). Some circumstances may be recalled to shed light on the fear-idea association, while other experiences may be more deeply buried due to trauma (emotional) or misunderstanding of circumstances (the connection is not there).
There's some fear when your fate is in other people's hands. But I am finding some comfort in Facebook postings. It keeps me busy, along with this site.
When I experience fear or doubt, I think of the lyrics this song (just the little part where Lauryn sings) and face whatever is keeping me stuck. Strength of will and courage to create!

Then you should know
That one day we are gone
So keep your head to the sky
See the path we refuse is the path we should choose
They wont take the world when you die

2:20 min into the song (Sang Fézi)