Bring4th

Full Version: Trouble distinguishing STO vs STS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep coming up against a conflict deep within the dregs of my mind, a paradoxical arrangement in which STO and STS are indistinguishable. Now, according to the Ra material the duality resolves itself in 6D, because "STS is thrown into confusion" by the realization that we are all one.

Extreme examples such as murder and slavery are generally easy to attribute to STS although I can imagine situations in which violent action is used to protect either the self or others from wrongdoing, as Ra states occurs in 4D and 5D. However, if one realizes that all beings are one, that there is truly only one "Self," then is not any action benefiting another in actuality benefiting another version of oneself? This seems the reason why the duality dissolves in 6D - though I would posit that the STO polarity should also be "thrown into confusion" for this reason. Maybe Ra simply had not reached this point of development, and will pass through its own confused resolution of this duality prior to graduation to 7D in time for its harvest in 2.5 million years.

To reiterate the question: if all are one, is not any action benefiting another ultimately self-serving, and likewise, is not any action that is selfish inherently benefiting all, based on the Law of One? To restate another way: in realization of the Law of One, how can there be a distinction between STO vs STS?
I can honestly say I've learned more from STS than I ever have with STO. Both are important and serve the same purpose: experiencing creation.
Karl, by STS you mean controlling others, or you mean serving yourself as in bringing yourself enjoyment?
If I had to explain it based on my understanding today, I would classify STS as controlling others for only the benefit of the self while conversely STO services others for the benefit of the other self AND the self.

I apologize, I was responding to the title of your thread.

What I think you are really asking (correct me if I am wrong): what is the point of duality if both sides serve the Creator? Because this octave was created to learn much more quickly than if all was harmonious through the experience of that which is not.
I think it's kinda futile to attribute STS to an external figure (e.g., psychopaths and 'bad' aliens, politicians, illuminati), who manipulates and controls others. While, STO is supposed to be 'us' the good people. There is a parallel process that happens within us - our own STS/STO dichotomy... so I think the 'biggest' battle is fought within.

STS - It's that part of self that we all have that we tend not to want to accept and instead, it is the part of our self that we most likely disown... some people call it their shadow or 'darkness' or whatnot. We may choose to embrace the part of our self that is more acceptable to others (and our own self), and attempt to create distance from our own shadow. Perhaps this darker side of us becomes our whole life... Through honesty and self-compassion, we slowly own this shadow part of self and embrace it... go through the process of self-forgiveness. Then, we could truly interact with other selves with genuine compassion and honesty.

So I think it's part of the process of polarization/healing that is significant, not necessarily the distinction between STO-STS.
(02-19-2013, 06:32 PM)mimosabisque Wrote: [ -> ]To reiterate the question: if all are one, is not any action benefiting another ultimately self-serving, and likewise, is not any action that is selfish inherently benefiting all, based on the Law of One? To restate another way: in realization of the Law of One, how can there be a distinction between STO vs STS?
This is what the Ra material is saying. Without the realization of the Law of One, there is polarity and it may be described as the morality of STO/STS actions.

However, you're not going to realize the Law of One here (or until 6D), because you do not yet own that part of yourself which another with opposite polarity is able to exploit due to ownership. That's the binding influence.
STS and STO I think are better divided into emotional polarities rather than actions. Because ultimately, if I stab someone to save their life (i.e. surgery) or I stab someone because I hate them (i.e murder), they are both very different polarities even though the actions are identical.

I use this image for a frame of reference:

http://wedharma.com/wp-content/uploads/2...-Scale.jpg
STS and STO are the same thing. They're just labels we use to describe the degree and direction of fear and love on any given path. The exact same action in exactly the same circumstance could be stuck with either label, depending on the intention of they who are carrying out said action.
(02-19-2013, 11:30 PM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]STS and STO I think are better divided into emotional polarities rather than actions.
Quote:It is unlikely that there is a more pithy or eloquent description of the polarities of third density than service to others and service to self due to the nature of the mind/body/spirit complexes’ distortions towards perceiving concepts relating to philosophy in terms of ethics or activity.

An emotion is a simple unconscious reaction. Unconscious = unpolarized.

(02-20-2013, 12:08 AM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]STS and STO are the same thing. They're just labels we use to describe the degree and direction of fear and love on any given path.
If STS and STO are the same thing then fear and love are the same thing. And degree, direction and path are the same thing. Sort of silly when you think about it. We create a convenient abstraction and say "that" is the STO/STS dichotomy.
(02-20-2013, 01:40 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]If STS and STO are the same thing then fear and love are the same thing. And degree, direction and path are the same thing. Sort of silly when you think about it. We create a convenient abstraction and say "that" is the STO/STS dichotomy.

Fear and love are the same thing. My understanding is that they're the same basic energy at either end of that particular frequency 'scale'.
"An emotion is a simple unconscious reaction"

According to whom?
(02-20-2013, 04:22 AM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-20-2013, 01:40 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]If STS and STO are the same thing then fear and love are the same thing. And degree, direction and path are the same thing. Sort of silly when you think about it. We create a convenient abstraction and say "that" is the STO/STS dichotomy.

Fear and love are the same thing. My understanding is that they're the same basic energy at either end of that particular frequency 'scale'.

Facts just filed away beyond the access of normal consciousness.
Quote:To reiterate the question: if all are one, is not any action benefiting another ultimately self-serving, and likewise, is not any action that is selfish inherently benefiting all, based on the Law of One? To restate another way: in realization of the Law of One, how can there be a distinction between STO vs STS?

You are correct. However, true realization of the Law of One can only be done in mid-6D.

There can't be any distinction from here, as all is seen as One. The One Creator experiencing itself.

Ra 7.17 Wrote:Those who seek to serve the self are seen by the Law of One as precisely the same as those who seek to serve others, for are all not one? To serve yourself and to serve other is a dual method of saying the same thing, if you can understand the essence of the Law of One.

Ra 7.15 Wrote:service to others results in service to self, thus preserving and further harmonizing the distortions of those entities seeking intelligent infinity through these disciplines.

STS and STO are two different ways to consciously choose to 'become' and to seek the Creator.

To become something, you need to understand first that thing, and for understanding something there are two ways to procede :

1) to become as close as you can to it, alike to it. (By ressemblance, which is) Unity

or

2) to become it's total opposite. (By negation, which is not) Separation

Hence the negative path is called by Ra 'the path of falsety; which is not' because ultimately: all is One, Unity is all there is. That doesn't mean it is not as effective as the Positive path.

Once you have walked one path sufficiently (mid 6D), you should have a clear understanding of what you seek and ready to become it; becoming the Creator.

Hence you embrace unity, both polarity, all that is and you finally return/become the Creator (7D) and continue to a new adventure (8D).
"All serve the One Creator. There is nothing else to serve, for the Creator is all that there is. It is impossible not to serve the Creator. There are simply various distortions of this service." - Ra
(02-19-2013, 08:35 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Karl, by STS you mean controlling others, or you mean serving yourself as in bringing yourself enjoyment?

By STS I mean having other people trying to control me. Eventually I stopped it and learned a lot from it.

Of course who knows where I would be had I been in a more STOish atmosphere? I can only see where I stand now. I might have come much farther had I been in a nice environment.
(02-19-2013, 06:32 PM)mimosabisque Wrote: [ -> ]To reiterate the question: if all are one, is not any action benefiting another ultimately self-serving, and likewise, is not any action that is selfish inherently benefiting all, based on the Law of One? To restate another way: in realization of the Law of One, how can there be a distinction between STO vs STS?

Ultimately, there is no distinction in the sense you mean it. And the polarity of a given action cannot be ascertained by outward physical observation alone. Any action could be STO or STS. It is the driving intent which determines the polarity.

From another perspective, the distinction between polarities is that, spiritually speaking, STO are trying to see past the illusion and see the truth of oneness. STS, on the other hand, seek this same power of discernment but only to control or make the illusory configuration a more desirable one. It is the path of connection versus the path of separation. One exalts the All-self, and the other exalts the separated ego.