Bring4th

Full Version: 3 Deadly Foods That Are Murdering You Slowly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
an interesting article about 3 kind of foods detrimental.

i don't agree meat is bad however think the rest is unhealthy

http://thealkalinediet.org/alkalinedietnewsletter5.pdf

take care
Oh man. I'd already cut meat and sugar out of my diet.. now pasta and rice too??
(02-22-2013, 01:55 PM)bosphorus Wrote: [ -> ]i don't agree meat is bad

You might want to read The China Study. It's been scientifically proven that meat increases the risk of cancer. The more animal foods a person eats is directly proportionate to their increased risk of cancer, after other factors like smoking, exercise, etc were all ruled out. And that's just cancer; meat consumption has also been linked to most of the other biggies too, like heart disease, obesity and diabetes. Vegetarians have a lower risk of all the major diseases (again, after other factors were taken into consideration).

So it's pretty well documented that meat isn't healthy.

White flour and sugar...those are givens, just like cigarettes. I don't think anyone would dispute those.

Beyond that, such lists often disagree. There are the 'high protein good/carbs bad' diets which are trendy right now, but very controversial.

I think soda should have been #1 on the list. Hey, here are some great names for new soft drinks:

Cancer in a Can
Diabetes Delight
Sweet Arthritis
Fibromyalgia Fizz

and for diet sodas:

Brain Tumor Tonic

BigSmile

Zachary

I am still a 'meat eater' in the sense that I eat fish/seafood every so often and sometimes (more rarely) chicken...but not so much latley.

I could pretty easily be a vegetarian, since I don't crave meat much...in fact I went halfway vegetarian a while back. I would do my best to avoid eating meat for as long as I felt comfortable...this usually ended up being a month to two months length of time. Since doing this my craving for meat dropped dramatically over-all and I have a hunch that a lot of frequent red meat eaters are the way they are out of habit and self conditioning and not so much that their body really needs it.

What I experienced after going halfway vegetarian (as I call it) was that my body doesn't need nearly as much meat as I believed it did...after eating lighter foods for an extended period of time, when going back to meat, I found I felt heavy, lethargic, and a little cloudy.

To this day I haven't eaten red meat for about a year, I am completely done with it, don't crave it at all. I might throw this in as well: I have been dealing with a health challenge that seems to be manifesting as some kind of feeling of blockage in my carotid artery, this causes me very slight discomfort to pain when turning my neck depending on what I eat. Having this challenge has helped me really better understand how different food affect the body. I find that when I eat red meat now days within 30 mins after ingesting it, I feel random pulses/twitches where my carotid artery is and experience a headache on the right side of my head (issue is only on right side)...also the next day my neck will feel more tight and I will experience more pain.

I understand my case is unique as I am obviously very sensitive to this because of my physical challenge yet it does speak to how red meat can generally affects ones body, only difference is I am more aware of it because of this challenge.

(02-22-2013, 09:01 PM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]Oh man. I'd already cut meat and sugar out of my diet.. now pasta and rice too??

Go with whole wheat pasta and rice *thumbs up*

it tastes better too.
Thank you for sharing your story, Zachary! Smile
Hi, good-food fans.

My guess is this :
It is not THE meat that is so bad but what they put IN the meat. . .?

!! That is why we switched to almost exclusively ==organic== foodS !!

We eat meat. . .maybe. . .once a week. . .?
all other days = fishes and a good quantity of vegetables, ALL organic.

And we know that the "food unit ratios" to feed the animals is:
beef = 5/1
chicken = 2/1
soooooooo, we eat chicken a little more than red meet. . . B-)

The " normal groceries's " milk has bad effects on some persons too.
The organic milk made many of them perfectly OK. . .

And now. . .I go see the PDF. . . B-)

Blue skies.