Bring4th

Full Version: Animal Cruelty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where do I start.... First of all as I'm typing this I'm feeling somewhat hesitant to post this at all due to the extreme taboo and disdain of the subjects involved. The last 2 days I've been very angry, upset and I haven't slept very well. I don't know if anyone else does this but once or twice a year I venture into the deep dark side of the net where some of the most atrocious acts imaginable call home. It ranges from animal cruelty, torture, violent sexual fetishes, murder, war, mutilation and other things that are too extreme to speak of here etc... I don't do it because I get kicks out of this stuff or enjoy it, but I do it as a way to make myself more aware of the bad that goes on in our world. One thing I've learned from my ventures into the dark side is that our global society as a whole seems to me to be extremely troubled and confused, that these sorts of things would manifest.

I don't know if it's a healthy thing to do or if I'm just wounding myself psychologically but I have seen the most horrible things on the dark side of the internet, the most extreme cases of violence, cruelty, abuse and all the horrible things people do to themselves, other selves and animals. The sort of things that you would sit down and watch and seconds later find yourself screaming at your screen because what your watching is so unimaginably messed up and cruel that your just flooded with overwhelmingly intense emotional waves of rage and sorrow. Really, some of the stuff in the underground net is BEYOND the worst possible scenario that you could imagine or ever nightmare of, because probably you never fathomed that such atrocities could even happen in the first place. And I really seriously wonder if I'm the only one around here that deliberately tries to see these things or not.

I feel for my fellow man that suffers, more-so especially for the ones that suffer inside because I can relate to that so well. But where my heart reaches out to and feels for the greatest is with animals, I've always had a soft spot for the animals. I can't conceive of anything more destructive to morality than the deliberate harm of those innocent creatures on the rung below ours and nothing can boil my blood faster.

My question to my comrades here that are on the spiritual path of seeking unity and oneness is first of all how do you process this sort of information? How do you deal with the fact that these things go on? Are these things just so painful to bring to conscious awareness that you just ignore it completely and instead try to mainly focus on the good in the world? A lot of people I think would rather just ignore it because it is so painful, but I strongly do believe that if it doesn't cripple you inside that there is a certain power of motivation that can come from being aware of the going-on's of the dark side. On the other hand though I have to admit that sometimes after watching these things I'm so disgusted and disturbed that I feel like throwing in the towel and saying "f*** it all, I've had it with humanity, I hope humanity nukes itself into extinction", you know? Well just some thoughts... that's what I've been thinking about for the past few days I needed to get that off my chest pretty badly.

You know what I think this thread would fit better in the Spiritual Implications of Politics and Current Events sub forum if a mod would move it there please. thanks.
From my point of view you have not accepted the duality of reality if you need some repeated confirmation of it. There is no limit to "what they can do". Also you seem to make distinctions between animals and people and generalize. According to Ra, many humans are previous animals. My own interest is limited to the ways they can attack and manipulate, otherwise I regard it as their choice (unless they would seek to be reformed).
I did some deep, intensive psychological work to begin to heal the fragmented pieces of my self in a safe environment w/ lots of support... helped to stomach high levels of distressing situations such as poverty, violence, cruelty, abuse of children and adults, which is a big part of my work. My highly charged emotional reaction towards this issue (for me) was connected to something that was deep within me. The external mirror (issues around cruelty and oppression, etc.) helps to look into what is within. Think that's the only way for me... go inwards to heal and then to go out and help others to heal.
(02-28-2013, 06:57 AM)greywolf Wrote: [ -> ]From my point of view you have not accepted the duality of reality if you need some repeated confirmation of it. There is no limit to "what they can do". Also you seem to make distinctions between animals and people and generalize. According to Ra, many humans are previous animals. My own interest is limited to the ways they can attack and manipulate, otherwise I regard it as their choice (unless they would seek to be reformed).

Thanks for your insights grey, I thought about what you said about not having accepted the duality of reality and I have mixed feelings and some confusion about that notion. First of all what does it mean to accept it? I have a problem with these issues I brought up and I don't think its reasonable at all to accept the horrors that go on in this world, but again I'm not sure exactly what you mean by accepting, because surely if you saw what I saw you would not accept it either.

(03-01-2013, 12:07 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]I did some deep, intensive psychological work to begin to heal the fragmented pieces of my self in a safe environment w/ lots of support... helped to stomach high levels of distressing situations such as poverty, violence, cruelty, abuse of children and adults, which is a big part of my work. My highly charged emotional reaction towards this issue (for me) was connected to something that was deep within me. The external mirror (issues around cruelty and oppression, etc.) helps to look into what is within. Think that's the only way for me... go inwards to heal and then to go out and help others to heal.

I'm wondering with regards to the Law of One how would you be able to include and find compassion for other selves that do these sorts of things. When I see these things it makes me hate not only the perpetrator but also the creator (which to me is a broad term that encompasses everything in the universe) and I find my energy centers especially red, orange,yellow and green completely blocking up until I can forget about it all once again. Why should we have compassion for people that behave this way?
i would think it is absolutely normal to be distressed by cruelty in any form. i wouldnt have the heart to look at some of the stuff i know goes on it would be too distressing for me i couldnt take it . why does this stuff exist , good question . i think that some who do this stuff have no soul as we know it, they are reptilian in nature and lack any form of compassion for other selves. some may have a soul but they are lost, effectively they are cut off from it and r beyond redemption. essentially what the person is saying when they do stuff like this is there is no god, there is nothing beyond this physical existence and therefore i am free to do whatever i want with no consequences ever. they are in for a surprise on the other side. it truly does get down to a choice for the soul but the more isolated u r from your heart the more cruelty u r capable off imho

norral Heart
(03-01-2013, 05:51 PM)LastBreath Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering with regards to the Law of One how would you be able to include and find compassion for other selves that do these sorts of things. When I see these things it makes me hate not only the perpetrator but also the creator (which to me is a broad term that encompasses everything in the universe) and I find my energy centers especially red, orange,yellow and green completely blocking up until I can forget about it all once again. Why should we have compassion for people that behave this way?

It's all a developmental journey. I think the answer to understanding one self, other self, and the healing/growing process is in the studying of archetypes. Although I didn't study Ra's teachings on archetype, I studied and experienced this developmental journey via other ways (studying tarot, spiritual teachings, psychology, life experiences etc).

For me it was a strong will to know my self. From there it was learning about self-accountability, honesty, tolerance for frustration, knowing my strength/challenges and goodness/darkness. The understanding & acceptance bit is probably most challenging because it's usually met with, 'nah that's not me' or 'man, I can't handle this' but the skin does grow thicker with 'training' and more ambiguity/uncertainty/pain is tolerated.

As Ra said, you realize it's all a game, put down those cards, and you look around the table and understand that all is one, then you understand, accept, love, forgive... Think this process begins with self-understanding, self-acceptance, and self-forgiveness.

So I think studying archetypes is probably helpful to understand the how-tos and whatnot of self-understanding, self-acceptance, self-reponsibility, self-honesty, and self-forgiveness.
I don't process this information. I don't go to horror movies. Terror is not my entertainment, or my needed study. And I don't own a gun.

I ignore the very extreme dark side because I value my sanity.

Light Is A Power. Darkness is just the absence of light.

Violence begets violence, and your hopes for humanity to "nuke itself into extinction," is a case in point.

I believe that this can do you harm. The Light is real, the darkness is empty.

Anti-war people are not thinking clearly. To focus on what you do not want, is angering, and harmful, and not very powerful. People who stand for peace hold the Light Power.

This is a dimension of duality. I don't believe that greywolf wants you to accept the horrors. I believe that he wants you to accept the fact that in this temporary reality (or in this illusion), both extreme love and extreme evil exist.

Love Yourself, and explore the extreme Light side of the net. This does not need be religion, that's up to you. But there are people who dedicate their lives to helping others. Their work is as extreme in the opposite direction. It's only fair that your study of humanity be fairly balanced.

You may enjoy an easy laughter that way, and a calm nights sleep, and a joyful heart.

I'm not certain that we are so very ready to feel compassion for the evil doers, but feeling pity may be easier. We reap what we sow. They are cursing themselves into lifetime after lifetime of terrible punishment.

We, each of us, need find our own way.

And I believe that rie is very correct:
As Ra said, you realize it's all a game, put down those cards, and you look around the table and understand that all is one, then you understand, accept, love, forgive... Think this process begins with self-understanding, self-acceptance, and self-forgiveness.
(03-01-2013, 07:35 PM)norral Wrote: [ -> ]i would think it is absolutely normal to be distressed by cruelty in any form. i wouldnt have the heart to look at some of the stuff i know goes on it would be too distressing for me i couldnt take it . why does this stuff exist , good question . i think that some who do this stuff have no soul as we know it, they are reptilian in nature and lack any form of compassion for other selves. some may have a soul but they are lost, effectively they are cut off from it and r beyond redemption. essentially what the person is saying when they do stuff like this is there is no god, there is nothing beyond this physical existence and therefore i am free to do whatever i want with no consequences ever. they are in for a surprise on the other side. it truly does get down to a choice for the soul but the more isolated u r from your heart the more cruelty u r capable off imho

norral Heart

I hate to point out the elephant in the room here norral, but it seems to me that you are creating a separation between yourself and these people simply because you don't understand them or their motivations. By saying that they have no soul and are reptilians you are effectively dehumanizing them and categorizing them as an "other." By saying they are beyond redemtion you are ignoring the fact that every single soul is valued and capable of learning. We should not bee looking for more ways to seperate ourselves from eachother, but instead look for more ways to comprimise and integrate with each other.

If you take the long view on this you will see that we all have lessons to learn on this eternal journey and every soul has to learn both the lessons of light and the lessons of darkness in order to understand the truth of unity.

I don't dwell on the darker aspects of humanity because they hold no interest to me. I agree with what Charles said, I simply do not put my energy into such issues, but I do have compassion for those who find themselves caught in the cycles of darkness, because I know that through our compassion and understanding they may finally be able to see the light. We have to be careful that if we do shift the balance of power on this planet that we do not create a system that now oppresses these "reptilians," but that we offer them our love and gently persuade them to open their hearts.
Yeah, underneath all that cruelty is lots of pain, rage, anger, sadness, unfulfilled needs to be loved/respected/acknowledged, and all sorts of stuff. They are humans who have not fully experienced what it's like to be respected/cared for or 'lost their humanity' along the arduous journey called 3D life. When you're able to understand how they've become the way they've become, and hear what they need and how they feel, you may begin to build compassion. I hypothesize that since they perpetrated something so morally egregious, they are treated as evil and undesirable, unworthy members of society. They live out this outcast role. They, nor others, cannot imagine that these perps may be 'human' and they are not treated as humans. They're accountable for their actions (both by law and by cosmic law). Not subject to our judgments about them.

The important part about building compassion is to understand one's own biases and assumptions or distortions or whatnot when touching upon topics like cruelty. That colors the way you understand them and what opinions you have about it.
I haven't yet read the replies so this is directed at LastBreath's opening post, NOT as a response to anything anyone else said.

I understand what you're asking and have felt the shock and horror of seeing some of the things you describe. I don't go looking for it, unless there is a reason, as in the case of animal cruelty. I know there are horrible atrocities directed towards humans too, but unless I am in a position to actually do something about it (other than prayer and the normal holding the planet in the highest light, etc.) then there's really no point in looking at that stuff and getting upset over that which I cannot affect.

If there is a way to raise awareness, by joining with others in a common cause, or even starting a cause to raise awareness, then watching those videos and feeling horrified is time well spent. We SHOULD feel horrified and shocked when seeing such things! The purpose of feeling horrified and shocked is to propel us into action!

So if there is something we can actually DO about it, then yes, becoming aware of the atrocities is important. It serves an important purpose. What if no one ever bothered to learn of the atrocities of human slavery or Hitler's genocide? Nothing would have been done. There are countless other atrocities going on right now. I DO look at pictures and read accounts of Obama's drone strikes, for example, because I CAN do something about it! Even if it's just raising awareness! That is how worthwhile causes get started - by raising awareness in those who were oblivious.

In the case of animal cruelty in the meat industry, that's an easy one. I fully 100% support exposing those horrors in all their graphic obscenity. I fully encourage those who eat meat to quit looking the other way, but to open their eyes and SEE what it is they are supporting.

Why? Because they CAN make a difference! Their choices DO matter!

We might not be able to do anything about abuse of children all the way across the world, but we CAN do something about animal cruelty. That one's a no-brainer, because it's industry-led. If enough people wake up and quit supporting the industry, then it WILL change. It's a simple matter of economics.

Oh, "but one person can't make a difference," one might say. I emphatically disagree. Each person who chooses to make a stand against such cruelty is adding their choice to the collective consciousness. It IS important! Change won't happen overnight but our choices DO count. We might not be able to directly stop atrocities that are totally unrelated to our lives, but we CAN influence the collective consciousness by making compassionate choices in the areas in which we DO have some degree of control. Diet is an easy one. We control what goes into our mouths.

As for how I process this sort of info, I first usually get sick and have a horrible headache any time I view video footage of farm animals being tortured (which happens by the millions every single day...and is becoming more the norm with the increase in 'factory' type farms). I wish I knew of a way to not get sick, but I don't. I get sick. I understand that people don't want to see that graphic footage for that very reason, and my response to that is: That's a cop-out if they are eating meat. If they choose to eat animals then I don't understand why they wouldn't want to face what it is they are personally and directly supporting.

After feeling sick, I try to channel the intensity of my emotions into something positive, like raising awareness in any which way I can.

But as evidenced by the infamous meat thread, that too is very challenging, even amongst fellow spiritual seekers. (See index to the marathon meat thread, for a list of topics covered.)

Raising awareness of human sex trafficking or child abuse is easy, because all spiritually aware people agree on those things. Animal cruelty, not so much, because most otherwise spiritually aware people choose to remain ignorant of this issue. They choose to look the other way, and if we insist that they confront it, we are violating their free will.

So what to do?

LastBreath, if you figure it out, please let me know, because I am clueless.

(03-01-2013, 05:51 PM)LastBreath Wrote: [ -> ]Why should we have compassion for people that behave this way?

Because that is the only way we can help them heal.

Most atrocities are committed by those of mixed polarity. They were likely abused themselves and just keep passing it on. Somehow they need to break the chain (or polarize STS). Our acceptance and compassion can help them do that.

But, acceptance doesn't mean we don't try to do anything about it. We don't have to just sit back and let others commit actions that are inherently STS (even if the person hasn't polarized STS, some of their actions might be STS).

This thread deals with the sticky issue of acceptance:

Bring4th Forums One > Strictly Law of One Material > Acceptance and Will
(02-28-2013, 06:26 AM)LastBreath Wrote: [ -> ]How do you deal with the fact that these things go on?

If I see or become aware of something which is to me, negative. I aim to remedy it, by being what I perceive as the positive counterpart. If its a video I can only change myself first, so that which disturbs me, I myself become/am not.

Hate, rage, fear, disgust.. all of these may rear their heads, but sorrow is what dominates. Because I understand why people do such "horrible" acts. I have done dark deeds myself for many a reasons. In the end its our choice how we live and I will not force others to change. As said, this is a "game" and who we choose to be here is our choice. Its neither good or bad, but giving or taking to various degrees.

And after this avatar ends, we get to face the fruits of our labor. The "universe" is just, we will get exactly what we put out. Personally I take great comfort in this, because I know every "good/bad" thing, I will get to account for. I will get my just deserts, be it negative or positive overall.

I choose to be who I am, thus I accept the consequences of being me.
I choose to be the change I want others to be, thus I aim to live by my truths.

This is my truth, I hope it illuminates Heart
look at what we do to animals . for food. it is absolutely brutal. and we accept it because we dont see it. if we saw how animals are treated we would eat a lot more veggies for sure.
spaced i appreciate your point of view. i happen to disagree . i feel that some people are reptilians and have no compassion whatsover. i think some people are fallen angels . its pointless to argue. one overriding characteristic i have found in these beings is arrogance . that is a sure sign that they are birds of a different feather. i dont believe dick cheny or george bush are human. i'll put it like this im not consumed with hatred for these people i just refuse to focus on them. they exist they are here at the will of the creator so ill let the creator handle it. i have gotten a lot better in my feelings towards these beings. my feeling compassion for them is not going to happen in this life time ha ha. i have no desire to feel compassion for them. but i have also lost my extreme dislike for them. they just are and there is some reason that they are which is beyond me. as others have said this is all a game here. the creator has biased the game so that mankind has been enslaved. why i am not quite sure. but we live on a pretty tough planet thats for sure.
its just like when rudy guliani got prostate cancer. ill put it like this i am not a fan of guliani. i definitely didnt feel troubled that he got it. i thought it was kind of divine justice. i wasnt hating on the man but i wasnt praying for him to recover either ha ha. and i never will. and how it all shakes out in the end who knows really. what i do know is the best thing i can do is focus on being of assistance in whatever way i can. but i will never call black white. which a lot of people seems to have a problem with. if u murder and rape a little child u are a piece of garbage ha ha. simple as that. u are not a beautiful soul having a bad day. the reasons for that happening i dont know wish i did. but i dont feel compassion for certain people and i have my own cosmology which doesnt necessarily fit with everyone else's which is ok. so peace be with u brother we can agree to disagree.

norral :heart
(03-03-2013, 01:04 PM)norral Wrote: [ -> ]look at what we do to animals . for food. it is absolutely brutal. and we accept it because we dont see it. if we saw how animals are treated we would eat a lot more veggies for sure.

As the saying goes:

If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian.

(03-03-2013, 01:04 PM)norral Wrote: [ -> ]i feel that some people are reptilians and have no compassion whatsover. i think some people are fallen angels .

I'm not sure what a fallen angel is. That is a Christian term and I don't know how to fit it into Law of One concepts. I think in terms of STS or STO entities.

(03-03-2013, 01:04 PM)norral Wrote: [ -> ]one overriding characteristic i have found in these beings is arrogance . that is a sure sign that they are birds of a different feather.

I agree that many of them are exceedingly arrogant. It's a known trait of the sociopath (the psychological term for an STS entity).

At the same time, I've also seen arrogance in lots of people who were basically good people but just had some human failings. Oftentimes, arrogance is a cover for poor self esteem. When the person healed, their arrogance dissipated.

STS entities are commonly arrogant, but I wouldn't say it's a sure sign of STS polarity.

(03-03-2013, 01:04 PM)norral Wrote: [ -> ]i dont believe dick cheny or george bush are human.

You're probably right about them!

(03-03-2013, 01:04 PM)norral Wrote: [ -> ]i'll put it like this im not consumed with hatred for these people i just refuse to focus on them. they exist they are here at the will of the creator so ill let the creator handle it. i have gotten a lot better in my feelings towards these beings. my feeling compassion for them is not going to happen in this life time ha ha. i have no desire to feel compassion for them. but i have also lost my extreme dislike for them. they just are and there is some reason that they are which is beyond me. as others have said this is all a game here. the creator has biased the game so that mankind has been enslaved. why i am not quite sure. but we live on a pretty tough planet thats for sure.
its just like when rudy guliani got prostate cancer. ill put it like this i am not a fan of guliani. i definitely didnt feel troubled that he got it. i thought it was kind of divine justice. i wasnt hating on the man but i wasnt praying for him to recover either ha ha. and i never will. and how it all shakes out in the end who knows really. what i do know is the best thing i can do is focus on being of assistance in whatever way i can. but i will never call black white. which a lot of people seems to have a problem with. if u murder and rape a little child u are a piece of garbage ha ha. simple as that. u are not a beautiful soul having a bad day. the reasons for that happening i dont know wish i did. but i dont feel compassion for certain people and i have my own cosmology which doesnt necessarily fit with everyone else's which is ok. so peace be with u brother we can agree to disagree.

norral :heart

You have made some good points, norral.

If an entity is truly STS, then they really don't want our love or compassion. It is to them, as their hate and fear are to us.

However, not everyone who displays STS action is polarized STS. That pedophile was very likely a pedophile's victim when he was a child, and is continuing the pattern of abuse. It's been proven that most child abusers were abused themselves as children. Where does it end? Someone has to break the chain.

In such a case, the person often isn't polarized STS, but is just stuck in 3D karma. They are of mixed polarity. Those are the ones who need our compassion. Those are the ones who have the capacity to polarize in either direction, and our compassion and love might help them heal and polarize in the direction of STO, rather than STS.

Thus, I think acceptance is the proper response for an STS polarized entity, but compassion is the proper response for a mixed-polarity entity who is engaging in STS actions.

We can't always know the difference, but it's probably a safe bet that child abusers were abused as children and it is that inner child in them that is desperately in need of healing. The inner child must be healed for the adult to break the chain of abuse.

I'm glad to hear you no longer hate the obvious STS entities, because hate feeds them.
i have lost the extreme feelings i had towards them. which i am happy about for sure. like u say it actually only feeds the fire.
as far as fallen angels go i believe in revelation somewhere it says satan and one third of the stars of heaven were cast out and sent to earth. that one third has been interpreted by some as 1/3 of the angels of heaven sided with lucifer in the rebellion and were cast out of heaven and onto earth. thats nice for heaven but bad for earth. the best book i have read about the fallen angels is this one by elizabeth clare prophet.
and i am not a member of her group the summit lighthouse. heres the link.

fallen angels and the origins of evil.

http://www.amazon.com/Fallen-Angels-Orig...ns+of+evil

it really does explain a lot, at least to me, as to why there is so so much conflict and corruption and plain evil on this planet.

norral Heart
Yes, I am familiar with the Bible stories and Prophet's interpretation of them, thanks. To me, they are just mythological stories, with some truth, but much distortion, as are other stories from other cultures. I don't consider the Bible anything special, though Jesus was cool.
(02-28-2013, 06:26 AM)LastBreath Wrote: [ -> ]My question to my comrades here that are on the spiritual path of seeking unity and oneness is first of all how do you process this sort of information? How do you deal with the fact that these things go on? Are these things just so painful to bring to conscious awareness that you just ignore it completely and instead try to mainly focus on the good in the world? A lot of people I think would rather just ignore it because it is so painful, but I strongly do believe that if it doesn't cripple you inside that there is a certain power of motivation that can come from being aware of the going-on's of the dark side. On the other hand though I have to admit that sometimes after watching these things I'm so disgusted and disturbed that I feel like throwing in the towel and saying "f*** it all, I've had it with humanity, I hope humanity nukes itself into extinction", you know?

You don't know me as I have not been on the forum much in the last several months. But I have written much on this subject here, mostly from the point of view of animal cruelty. I completely understand your feelings and reactions.

I admire Monica's ability to see cruelty and be able to function afterwards however devastated. I can't do it. Especially when it comes to animals. I spiral down to a place where I feel as though I'm dying--or want to. I have felt the rage you describe many times.

I have volunteered for PETA, for example, but only as an illustrator. I can't directly help hurt animals. The reason is not because I am ignoring it; the reason is because I would create more harm than do good. I am not a melodramatic person, but I cannot handle the pain and suffering in a positive way. What I mean by that is: I end up feeling the rage and disgust for humans. And those feelings don't help the animals (or the starving children, etc.). Those feelings contribute to the whole of existence, and I know I am doing harm just by generating them.

You must work out what the best course of action for you is. But the way I handle it is this:

1. I avoid any movies, magazines (when I donated to PETA I never even looked at the magazine covers), or internet stories and videos exposing such cruelty. I don't have to be made aware; I know it exists. Additionally, I don't want those visuals in my head; I want better visuals in my head of what I want to create.

2. I help where I can. I donate to organizations that mitigate suffering for instance. I attempt in my own life to not support the suffering (not eating meat, buying cruelty-free products, informing others when I have the chance). I make conscious choices that align with what I want the world to be. And behind it all is simply the intention NOT to cause harm.

3. I remind myself when I see ignorant human behavior that I am not perfect, either. I can remember many times in the past when I was mean to another person, for example, even though I felt justified at the time.

4. I remember that I am here for a purpose. This gives me courage to tolerate the pain of being in this place of suffering.

5. Finally, I stay true to my own vision. That vision is a world where this sort of twistedness and depravity doesn't exist. I hold that vision and move forward with it. I constantly bring myself back to focus: generating positive feelings and momentum (energy). I try not to sink to that place of despair, rather, I work to elevate my output to help move things forward. It's hard, but that's why we're here isn't it?

I, personally, find forgiveness hard to reach directly as a goal. Rather, for me it is easier to simply evolve a little higher myself. If I keep doing the work, some of which I described here, I evolve. As I evolve, some things just fall away because they don't matter anymore. It is analogous to a child throwing a tantrum because she doesn't want to share a toy. You can teach the child up and down to share, and it will have some effect. But eventually the child grows out of wanting the toy altogether. And eventually, the child learns that she is not the only one who feels pain and she understands what it is to feel compassion.

Right now, I try not to beat myself up because I find humankind abhorrent in general. I know I'm just not evolved enough to forgive humans who, for example, run a lab where merciless testing causes endless pain to innocent animals. It's natural that I find it horrifying. But I know that in time, I will evolve to a place of detachment to such things, where the meaning of it has a larger scope. And then perhaps I won't need to forgive because I'll see the bigger picture and things will fall into place. That's why my focus is on me, and my own evolution. This is what works for me.

And in the meantime, I try to be kind to everyone. I fail miserably all the time. :-/ But that is where I bring myself back to focus again.
Quote:but unless I am in a position to actually do something about it (other than prayer and the normal holding the planet in the highest light, etc.) then there's really no point in looking at that stuff and getting upset over that which I cannot affect.

Monica I think what you said pretty much resolves this issue here, it never occurred to me that I'm just wasting my energy getting all upset about that stuff but I've been thinking about what you said for the past week and I really took that bit to heart. From now on unless I'm in a direct position to do something about it there really isn't any point in watching that stuff.
(03-11-2013, 07:06 PM)LastBreath Wrote: [ -> ]Monica I think what you said pretty much resolves this issue here, it never occurred to me that I'm just wasting my energy getting all upset about that stuff but I've been thinking about what you said for the past week and I really took that bit to heart. From now on unless I'm in a direct position to do something about it there really isn't any point in watching that stuff.

Heart
(02-28-2013, 06:26 AM)LastBreath Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I start.... First of all as I'm typing this I'm feeling somewhat hesitant to post this at all due to the extreme taboo and disdain of the subjects involved. The last 2 days I've been very angry, upset and I haven't slept very well. I don't know if anyone else does this but once or twice a year I venture into the deep dark side of the net where some of the most atrocious acts imaginable call home. It ranges from animal cruelty, torture, violent sexual fetishes, murder, war, mutilation and other things that are too extreme to speak of here etc... I don't do it because I get kicks out of this stuff or enjoy it, but I do it as a way to make myself more aware of the bad that goes on in our world. One thing I've learned from my ventures into the dark side is that our global society as a whole seems to me to be extremely troubled and confused, that these sorts of things would manifest.

I don't know if it's a healthy thing to do or if I'm just wounding myself psychologically but I have seen the most horrible things on the dark side of the internet, the most extreme cases of violence, cruelty, abuse and all the horrible things people do to themselves, other selves and animals. The sort of things that you would sit down and watch and seconds later find yourself screaming at your screen because what your watching is so unimaginably messed up and cruel that your just flooded with overwhelmingly intense emotional waves of rage and sorrow. Really, some of the stuff in the underground net is BEYOND the worst possible scenario that you could imagine or ever nightmare of, because probably you never fathomed that such atrocities could even happen in the first place. And I really seriously wonder if I'm the only one around here that deliberately tries to see these things or not.

I feel for my fellow man that suffers, more-so especially for the ones that suffer inside because I can relate to that so well. But where my heart reaches out to and feels for the greatest is with animals, I've always had a soft spot for the animals. I can't conceive of anything more destructive to morality than the deliberate harm of those innocent creatures on the rung below ours and nothing can boil my blood faster.

My question to my comrades here that are on the spiritual path of seeking unity and oneness is first of all how do you process this sort of information? How do you deal with the fact that these things go on? Are these things just so painful to bring to conscious awareness that you just ignore it completely and instead try to mainly focus on the good in the world? A lot of people I think would rather just ignore it because it is so painful, but I strongly do believe that if it doesn't cripple you inside that there is a certain power of motivation that can come from being aware of the going-on's of the dark side. On the other hand though I have to admit that sometimes after watching these things I'm so disgusted and disturbed that I feel like throwing in the towel and saying "f*** it all, I've had it with humanity, I hope humanity nukes itself into extinction", you know? Well just some thoughts... that's what I've been thinking about for the past few days I needed to get that off my chest pretty badly.

You know what I think this thread would fit better in the Spiritual Implications of Politics and Current Events sub forum if a mod would move it there please. thanks.

Why do you torture yourself is the question? All you are doing is giving power to the evil acts IMO. Sort of the Plato's cave analogy if that makes sense but the opposite way. Instead of leaving the dark cave for the Lighted outside You are leaving the Light and headed down the dark cave giving more life to these things.

Do you eat meat? If so, do you butcher it yourself or do you have the same anger for butchers who prepare you meat?

There's plenty of the same sort of cruel acts going on all around us so is there a need to experience this darkness? Sure that may very well be what we are here to so if you feel it is needed for you to know how Bright Your Light is then by all means go for it.

[Image: Alegoria+da+Caverna.jpg]