Bring4th

Full Version: Quirky things you do before meditating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot wear shoes or socks while meditating. Heck, sometimes I find clothes all together are bothersome :p

I must have earplugs in as the slightest sound throws off my concentration.

Facing anything but north feels wrong

I try to meditate every 12 hours on the dot or around so generally at 11:30am and pm.

I have to take a shower before the nighttime session to rid myself of all the germs from the hospital.
I have a ritual. First I cleanse the place with white sage and then use swampgrass to create a positive charge in the atmosphere.
The nasal stimulus triggers the medative state by acting on the pineal gland.
I thank the Creator and proceed with the working.
I may approch my crystal grid during the trance state.
Usually the time is 10 past the hour. The duration varies.
I like to be clean when I meditate, but otherwise I make no preparations aside from lighting an incense stick sometimes.

Unbound

Depends on what kind of meditation Im doing, but in most cases I don't need anything, but I do like to use music, or often I will do qi gong or some yoga beforehand.

Brittany

I have to have everything clean. If there is clutter or excessive dust in the room it usually distracts me. I also like to burn sandalwood and nag champa incense together. Best smell ever, IMO.
I pass gas first.BigSmile

Unbound

I heard of a lady who does exactly that to raise her vibration, nothing like a joyous belch!
(02-28-2013, 11:15 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]I have to have everything clean. If there is clutter or excessive dust in the room it usually distracts me. I also like to burn sandalwood and nag champa incense together. Best smell ever, IMO.

I LOVE the smell of nag champa!
I love sandalwood for meditation. I find myself meditating a lot at work and try to apply sandalwood to my third eye area and some below my nose to enhance my meditation.
(02-28-2013, 11:24 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]I pass gas first.BigSmile

lol what does that do for your meditation experience?
(03-01-2013, 02:02 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]

A short but intense raise in vibration near the red-ray.
(03-01-2013, 02:02 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]

Same effect as not having eaten. They say you do not want to be digesting during meditation. If I do not eat for a period I sometimes have gas.

Although it may sound strange I have a very good connection while on the toilet also. I have a habit of communications any time I am on the toilet. (helps you get over the idea of illusory privacy as well)
(03-01-2013, 09:42 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Although it may sound strange I have a very good connection while on the toilet also. I have a habit of communications any time I am on the toilet. (helps you get over the idea of illusory privacy as well)

lol, I've noticed this with myself and I always think "Isn't it kind of rude of me to talk to my guides while I take a dump?"
(03-01-2013, 09:43 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]lol, I've noticed this with myself and I always think "Isn't it kind of rude of me to talk to my guides while I take a dump?"

They are always right there, whether you are dumping, having sex, or masturbating ha ha ha!

So, there may be times throughout the day where your thoughts become less focused, sort of like your sensory system calms down rather than sight/sound/direction all aimed at a single thing or object. These small windows are when I gain throughput and sometimes even voice communications. I get good connections when driving on the freeway for example.

When I actually sit down and "focus" meditate I normally only get vision or automatic writing.
Oh driving on the highway is where I actually feel most connected for sure.
Sometimes I itch a lot, persitently. Makes it difficult.
I only wear a certain bathrobe with like nothing else. I call it my "holy robe" Smile

And if I don't pass gas before I meditate it makes things pretty interesting 5min in. Lol
I try to find a quiet moment when the Playstation or Ben Stiller isn't blaring, usually it's very early before my son awakes.

Clearing with incense, tingshas, singing bowl and feathers. I get the impression these little rituals are to put off the inevitable as I always struggle with stilling my mind, and hence don't really enjoy the prospect of meditation most of the time.

Always facing East, in my de-cluttered corner with the window wide open.

Then I flip over my pink (for love) 5 minute hour glass and see if I can maintain one-pointedness on my breath. I can usually go the 5 minutes, just barely. Very occasionally I flip it back over and do another 5 minutes.
I often burn incense. I sometimes read some Ra. I occasionally hold a crystal in my palm.

For longer meditations (more than 20 minutes, maybe aiming for 40-60 minutes), which I am only just now doing with regularity, I have to find a sitting position that is very comfortable and I need to have gotten enough sleep.

And I find that when I am having trouble going deeper or longer than 15 minutes (which occurs frequently), I can often do some meditative self-reiki to great effect (closed eye reiki...feeling energy seems to naturally still my thoughts).

I like meditation, but there seems to be some resistance from within me when I try to do it for more than 15 minutes. I now believe that resistance is related to my mind's fear of losing power over my being and to my mind's fear of change.

I can't wait to post my experiences 6 months from now. The journey thus far, about a year now, has been so beautiful, so interesting, and so unpredictable!
I like being in sunlight.