Bring4th

Full Version: New Radiation Belt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NASA Discovers New Radiation Belt Around Earth

http://www.space.com/20004-earth-radiati...overy.html

Says: A ring of radiation previously unknown to science fleetingly surrounded Earth last year before being virtually annihilated by a powerful interplanetary shock wave, scientists say.

NASA's twin Van Allen space probes, which are studying the Earth's radiation belts, made the cosmic find. The surprising discovery — a new, albeit temporary, radiation belt around Earth — reveals how much remains unknown about outer space, even those regions closest to the planet, researchers added.
Wow, fascinating.

Does anybody have any ideas or information about the metaphysical significance of the radiation belts? How might it relate to the Earth, densities, time/space, etc?

Also, if anyone knows, what does the article mean by "interplanetary shock wave?" And if this shock wave knocked away this belt, could it happen to the other belts?

My mind goes to the idea that this new belt was maybe "put up" or turned on in order to protect from whatever this "shock wave" was.
(03-01-2013, 06:43 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]My mind goes to the idea that this new belt was maybe "put up" or turned on in order to protect from whatever this "shock wave" was.
Why?
(03-01-2013, 11:03 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2013, 06:43 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]My mind goes to the idea that this new belt was maybe "put up" or turned on in order to protect from whatever this "shock wave" was.
Why?

Because there's no such thing as coincidence.
Maybe the earth and it's fields and other spacey thingies have self-reparative mechanisms

But I too found the 'interplanetary blast' interesting... did not read about it til yesterday
(03-01-2013, 11:37 PM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]
Why?

Because there's no such thing as coincidence.
Things do not coincide?
Why?

That's how my imagination filled in the gaps. If you were wondering why my imagination goes there then I don't know.
(03-01-2013, 06:43 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, fascinating.

Does anybody have any ideas or information about the metaphysical significance of the radiation belts? How might it relate to the Earth, densities, time/space, etc?

Also, if anyone knows, what does the article mean by "interplanetary shock wave?" And if this shock wave knocked away this belt, could it happen to the other belts?

My mind goes to the idea that this new belt was maybe "put up" or turned on in order to protect from whatever this "shock wave" was.

My mind went in the opposite direction - which is that the shock wave was to rid us of the radiation belt that went up.

Either way - I also see it as a symbol of us being protected.
(03-02-2013, 08:43 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]
Why?

That's how my imagination filled in the gaps. If you were wondering why my imagination goes there then I don't know.

Yes, I was wondering what suggested that type of framing. I read the article as well and did not have such an impression.

The no coincedences thing, if not a joke, is symptomatic of magical thinking a la "the secret".
(03-02-2013, 02:28 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2013, 08:43 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]
Why?

Yes, I was wondering what suggested that type of framing. I read the article as well and did not have such an impression.

The no coincedences thing, if not a joke, is symptomatic of magical thinking a la "the secret".

It may have been a reaction to an opportunity to interpret evidence towards an intelligence in the Earth, or in the way the Universe functions (e.g. the Earth "knew" it was coming and enabled it, or it was a part of some cycle showing separate entities in the universe having the same "timer").

I'm not really sure what Guardian meant by "no coincidences" with respect to what I said.
(03-02-2013, 04:32 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]It may have been a reaction to an opportunity to interpret evidence towards an intelligence in the Earth, or in the way the Universe functions (e.g. the Earth "knew" it was coming and enabled it, or it was a part of some cycle showing separate entities in the universe having the same "timer").
If that's the case, why "enable it" 4 weeks before hand? In other words, if there is some kind of a earth-solar system homeostatic condition, and circumstances prompt such a planetary reaction, why adjust early?
(03-02-2013, 05:24 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2013, 04:32 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]It may have been a reaction to an opportunity to interpret evidence towards an intelligence in the Earth, or in the way the Universe functions (e.g. the Earth "knew" it was coming and enabled it, or it was a part of some cycle showing separate entities in the universe having the same "timer").
If that's the case, why "enable it" 4 weeks before hand? In other words, if there is some kind of a earth-solar system homeostatic condition, and circumstances prompt such a planetary reaction, why adjust early?

I mean, I can imagine different scenarios where it would happen like this, but I'm still as uninformed as when I stated my first imagined scenario.

From what I gathered searching for more info, experts are still sort of clueless about solar storms and how they interact with the Van Allen belts even without this situation in the mix.

So as even more uninformed as my own speculations are, I'm wondering if you are really trying to probe them or if you were trying to make a point.
(03-02-2013, 05:59 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]

I mean, I can imagine different scenarios where it would happen like this, but I'm still as uninformed as when I stated my first imagined scenario.

From what I gathered searching for more info, experts are still sort of clueless about solar storms and how they interact with the Van Allen belts even without this situation in the mix.

So as even more uninformed as my own speculations are, I'm wondering if you are really trying to probe them or if you were trying to make a point.
I am trying to elicit what prompted your reaction, because in my worldview, this was not really a plausible explanation. If I am missing something then this could be a chance to learn something. But if you do not want to determine why you offered that info, then there is nothing to learn of course.
Quote: I am trying to elicit what prompted your reaction, because in my worldview, this was not really a plausible explanation. If I am missing something then this could be a chance to learn something. But if you do not want to determine why you offered that info, then there is nothing to learn of course.

I think you are overthinking this. It's quite clear from the Ra channelings that the council watches over Earth and makes sure we are protected from complete annihilation. It follows then that is there were a massive danger to Earth, there would be "inexplicable" phenomenon that protect us.
(03-02-2013, 10:53 PM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: I am trying to elicit what prompted your reaction, because in my worldview, this was not really a plausible explanation. If I am missing something then this could be a chance to learn something. But if you do not want to determine why you offered that info, then there is nothing to learn of course.

I think you are overthinking this. It's quite clear from the Ra channelings that the council watches over Earth and makes sure we are protected from complete annihilation. It follows then that is there were a massive danger to Earth, there would be "inexplicable" phenomenon that protect us.
Ergo, whatever you think may remotely be a council protection opportunity is therefore such. So you have the opposite case of "underthinking". Go figure.

Sort of a foolproof system. What you want to be the case is not always the case.

Actually it's sort of scary, psychologically, how you'd want it to be a protection opportunity. Pathological, but typical.
(03-02-2013, 06:27 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2013, 05:59 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]

I am trying to elicit what prompted your reaction, because in my worldview, this was not really a plausible explanation. If I am missing something then this could be a chance to learn something. But if you do not want to determine why you offered that info, then there is nothing to learn of course.

Perhaps it's my own understood difference between "imagination" and "worldview" that's confusing me here. I don't assume that what I imagine contributes to how the world works in instances like this one.

Since you are curious, to get to the heart of my imagined scenario and where it came from, "protection" is perhaps the wrong direction to go. It was spawned more from a mindset of a broader picture of how "things just work" (vs. the "everything is just random" mindset) Not that the Earth would be protecting us from some outer malicious force, but within it exist the natural functions that offer the perseverance of life.

For instance, if this "shock wave" in fact was something grand or unusual that may have damaged the natural functions of the Earth (imagined scenario), there also exists a sort of grand and unusual function within the Earth to react to this. To get even more imaginative, perhaps something on the quantum level that triggered both this shock wave and this extra belt, the extra belt serving as a function to ensure endurance through this shock wave. Supposing the idea that life is the purpose of the universe, not simply a random result.
(03-03-2013, 01:30 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps it's my own understood difference between "imagination" and "worldview" that's confusing me here. I don't assume that what I imagine contributes to how the world works in instances like this one.

Worldview and imagination are not orthogonal - they necessarily support each other in interpretation, investigation, and learning in general. I agree, we can and do imagine nonviable, untenable, whimsical scenarios for one reason or another. If consciousness is never brought to bear on the suggestions provided by the intuition, we nurture "spiritual secrets" which collect libidinous energy. So these special ideas tend to carry a charge which new-agers, inevitably, falsely associate with a type of special "knowing". Attempting to exploit that meme, of course, are the channelers or other handwavers claiming to be "awakened" and know what's really going on. It's perpetuated by feeling of intuitive connectedness which would otherwise go ignored, due to lack of opportunity (socially or personally provided) to access that part of self.

(03-03-2013, 01:30 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Since you are curious, to get to the heart of my imagined scenario and where it came from, "protection" is perhaps the wrong direction to go. It was spawned more from a mindset of a broader picture of how "things just work" (vs. the "everything is just random" mindset) Not that the Earth would be protecting us from some outer malicious force, but within it exist the natural functions that offer the perseverance of life.

For instance, if this "shock wave" in fact was something grand or unusual that may have damaged the natural functions of the Earth (imagined scenario), there also exists a sort of grand and unusual function within the Earth to react to this. To get even more imaginative, perhaps something on the quantum level that triggered both this shock wave and this extra belt, the extra belt serving as a function to ensure endurance through this shock wave. Supposing the idea that life is the purpose of the universe, not simply a random result.

Ok, so the article simply provided an opportunity to express an extremely vague notion, regarding role of planet maintaining life, in the form of an allegorical drama.

And others thought that because this suggestion seemed viable, it must have been the actual case - merely because they liked what the idea evoked within. Another catch phrase for that condition is "resonance" which people tend to overextend to "agreement".

I think this same type of thought, which may seem compelling on an allegorical level, is also part of the reason people can get away with irresponsible conspiracy theories and other claims which lack accountability yet foster the imagination through resonance and desire to connect dots in a certain manner.

kdsii

(03-01-2013, 06:43 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, fascinating.

Some cool reading on this is in The Convoluted Universe, Book 2, maybe halfway in.
Talks about the emergence of a field around the earth, with kind of energy veins expanding outward, supposedly a way in which the new earth should develop.
May or may not be related here, but I always wonder just what's happening when I hear of stuff like this :p
Now my thoughts goes to how we come to believe what we believe about something 'unknown' and novel, and why we get so hooked onto certain ideas (e.g., unexplained phenomenon must be the works of higher beings or related to going to higher density levels).

Whatever explanation is developed in our minds, it's merely a hypothesis that is probably situated in one's biases, assumptions, values (the world views) and distortions. Hypotheses are not facts tho. They are possible explanations that is yet to be confirmed, not based on 'what I think' but based on some systematic & rigorous method of confirmation.

kdsii

(03-03-2013, 04:18 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]They are possible explanations that is yet to be confirmed, not based on 'what I think' but based on some systematic & rigorous method of confirmation.

Well yeah, but it always strikes the imagination when something unusual happens. What we see now is 'normal', relative to a very small time frame. So, I always wonder about possibilities, you know
Yeah imagination and possibilities are fascinating, and I'm sure it's played some role in the whole scientific process. It also may be an opportunity to understand one self more when taken deeper to the level of, OK how does my mind work, why does it go 'there'?
(03-03-2013, 04:35 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]OK how does my mind work, why does it go 'there'?
Going to that same place that the intuition suggests, in a conscious manner, is also where one may provide oneself with the opportunity to balance distortions. Thats where the "wheel" meets the "road".

But people do not tend do that until there is later discomfort in maintaining such a false realty. Often these notions are kept away from inspection, on a pedestal, due to their spiritual connection. You see, the notions which are indeed "special" and "magical", are an unconsciously perceived way towards transcendence. Unconsciously cultivating magical notions carries a certain satisfaction and fulfills a need. And with that certain sufficiency, no actual effort in making it consciousness is forthcoming. Further, when the notion is also part of escapism or some idealism, an attempt it made to construct a worldview around it - and thus a meme is born, ready to recruit those who would resonate. Actually, very much like a pathogen.
(03-02-2013, 10:53 PM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]

It's quite clear from the Ra channelings that the council watches over Earth and makes sure we are protected from complete annihilation. It follows then that is there were a massive danger to Earth, there would be "inexplicable" phenomenon that protect us.

Which quote are you getting this from?
Who is to say that this interplanetary shockwave was even something we needed protection from?
(03-03-2013, 02:18 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Worldview and imagination are not orthogonal - they necessarily support each other in interpretation, investigation, and learning in general. I agree, we can and do imagine nonviable, untenable, whimsical scenarios for one reason or another. If consciousness is never brought to bear on the suggestions provided by the intuition, we nurture "spiritual secrets" which collect libidinous energy. So these special ideas tend to carry a charge which new-agers, inevitably, falsely associate with a type of special "knowing". Attempting to exploit that meme, of course, are the channelers or other handwavers claiming to be "awakened" and know what's really going on. It's perpetuated by feeling of intuitive connectedness which would otherwise go ignored, due to lack of opportunity (socially or personally provided) to access that part of self.

While I understand that imagination and worldview support each other and that imagination is key in helping advance worldview, I would hope that the way I presented my notions here (questions preceding imaginative scenarios) clearly illustrates that this is coming from a completely uninformed and irrational place.

My reluctance to explore this in the way that you were prompting is because I was worried that this imaginative scenario was being taken as something more, as if I felt I had a "special knowing" and you were trying to dissuade the interpretation rather than explore it.

I certainly encourage "bringing consciousness to bear" on these intuitive notions but your continued line of questioning probably wouldn't serve this function too well for me, as my initial response ("It may have been a reaction to an opportunity to interpret evidence towards an intelligence in the Earth, or in the way the Universe functions") is a platform I would use to explore this and I didn't see that in your questions that followed. Luckily I had my own line of questioning in my head Tongue

Quote:
(03-03-2013, 01:30 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Since you are curious, to get to the heart of my imagined scenario and where it came from, "protection" is perhaps the wrong direction to go. It was spawned more from a mindset of a broader picture of how "things just work" (vs. the "everything is just random" mindset) Not that the Earth would be protecting us from some outer malicious force, but within it exist the natural functions that offer the perseverance of life.

Ok, so the article simply provided an opportunity to express an extremely vague notion, regarding role of planet maintaining life, in the form of an allegorical drama.

And others thought that because this suggestion seemed viable, it must have been the actual case - merely because they liked what the idea evoked within. Another catch phrase for that condition is "resonance" which people tend to overextend to "agreement".

I think this same type of thought, which may seem compelling on an allegorical level, is also part of the reason people can get away with irresponsible conspiracy theories and other claims which lack accountability yet foster the imagination through resonance and desire to connect dots in a certain manner.

I can see the correlation between that line of thought and why people can get away with irresponsible conspiracy theories, and I appreciate your attempt at helping to cultivate an environment where these ideas are explored rather than indulged.
(03-03-2013, 07:14 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]My reluctance to explore this in the way that you were prompting is because I was worried that this imaginative scenario was being taken as something more, as if I felt I had a "special knowing" and you were trying to dissuade the interpretation rather than explore it.
Someone will always take it as something more, and sometimes run with it. People actually make a living off of that. The irony is that consciousness does indeed provide deeper insights (and so does provide "special knowing") as it is used, that's just the nature of consciousness. What I do see is people using their evidence of awareness - so-called being "awakened" - as some kind of transcendence over accountability to whatever they may conjure. In "magical thinking", the vague but compelling apprehension is that the allegorical nature of reality is higher, or primary to the literal or historical nature of reality. This is actually true and is why so-called magic works, but when that initial level of consciousness is reached (at Green vMeme) it's not consciously appreciated at all and so you have something like a participation mystique unless and until it can be grounded through effort at providing experience (worldview).

(03-03-2013, 07:14 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]I certainly encourage "bringing consciousness to bear" on these intuitive notions but your continued line of questioning probably wouldn't serve this function too well for me, as my initial response ("It may have been a reaction to an opportunity to interpret evidence towards an intelligence in the Earth, or in the way the Universe functions") is a platform I would use to explore this and I didn't see that in your questions that followed. Luckily I had my own line of questioning in my head Tongue
Well, then you'd necessarily have a split between what can be known about the phenomenon which is the subject of this post, and filling in the blanks about other notions which came up in perceived connection. With what little has been discussed so far, there has already been conflation.

(03-03-2013, 01:30 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]I can see the correlation between that line of thought and why people can get away with irresponsible conspiracy theories, and I appreciate your attempt at helping to cultivate an environment where these ideas are explored rather than indulged.
It's not just conspiracy theories. It's all manner of social framing, religion, politics (and ET politics), medical advice, dietary advice, channeling, predicting the future, etc. Notional pareidolia is contagious when it serves to reinforce an unconscious bias.
There was a study done in the UK to test magical thinking in making judgments about causation of a phenomenon and 4-6 year olds accepted magical thinking to explain the phenomenon, while 9 year olds did not. Then they tested adults (18-25 year olds) and found that they were prone to using magical thinking to explain a phenomenon. So their conclusion was, in this modern industrialized world, magical thinking still persist but is disguised to fit scientific paradigm.
(03-03-2013, 11:36 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]There was a study done in the UK to test magical thinking in making judgments about causation of a phenomenon and 4-6 year olds accepted magical thinking to explain the phenomenon, while 9 year olds did not. Then they tested adults (18-25 year olds) and found that they were prone to using magical thinking to explain a phenomenon. So their conclusion was, in this modern industrialized world, magical thinking still persist but is disguised to fit scientific paradigm.
Well it's cute when it's coming from a 4-6 year old.
But there are actually adults here that "know" car lights and stars must be UFOs and that NASA is hiding giant space ships detected by the SOHO satellites.

kdsii

(03-02-2013, 10:53 PM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]It's quite clear from the Ra channelings that the council watches over Earth and makes sure we are protected from complete annihilation. It follows then that is there were a massive danger to Earth, there would be "inexplicable" phenomenon that protect us.

No, in fact, Ra says that souls get help if they are nuked, but even in this scenario we have free will - i.e., we're on our own.
Civilizations have done this over and over - blown themselves up before they finished 3D. Mars is a prime example. If we blow ourselves up, we face 100% of this.
The council does just that - it provides counsel and guidance. It isn't the idiot brigade
(03-04-2013, 12:54 AM)kdsii Wrote: [ -> ]Civilizations have done this over and over - blown themselves up before they finished 3D. Mars is a prime example.
It's not clear that Mars blew themselves up. The inhabitants apparently did something which caused most of the atmosphere to be removed and that was related to being inharmonious. While Maldek apparently knew how to destroy their own planet completely and that was done in a sincere service-to-others manner.
Pages: 1 2