Bring4th

Full Version: Natural treatment for anxiety, panic and mild depression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So a couple of months ago I was sitting in a first aide course and I heard nothing the lecturer said as an anxiety attack descended and remained for the next 2 hours. Fierce worry and fear....all sorts of nonsensical and horrific happenings were occupying my thoughts. I walked out and was waiting for the bus back to work and tried visualising white light filling my body....which did zilch.

A powerful thought literally commanded me to forgo the next bus, pop over to the health food store and purchase some lavender essential oil. I bought the biggest bottle of organic Lavender essential oil I could find and doused my wrists in the stuff.

Within a minute the anxiety and panic was gone, and stayed away for the remainder of the day. A few days later the same overwhelming anxiety took me over, and again the lavender oil stopped it in it's tracks.

I started using it everyday and at night and my insomnia (or rather waking at 1 or 2am every night and staying wide awake until morning) and worry disappeared.

I wasn't a great fan of lavender oil as my friends and I overdid it in our teens, including making the odd lavender spliff. So I'm glad now nearly 20yrs later it's come back into my life bringing great relief. It's a pity I forgot how good the stuff was...

Researching it brought up this great link on the efficacy of lavender oil. It appears to be comparable if not superior to pharmaceuticals created to treat anxiety and depression. It's a long read so you may want to skim and get the gist....

http://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/ar...rticle=289
My mom bought me some of that stuff cause she said it would help me with my thinning hair lol. While I have stopped losing my hair, I think it's more due to the fact that my life is way less stressful than it used to be, but maybe it did help Smile