Bring4th

Full Version: Recipe for natural toothpaste oil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again, I'm going to make a natural toothpaste oil tonight and trial it and if all goes well I'll let you know.

My research has led me to the following ratios for toothpaste oil:
30ml carrier oil (organic virgin coconut oil and organic extra virgin olive oil as I have these already in my cupboard and they're noted for having bacteria 'pulling' power. Ayervedic recipes suggest neem oil, which I have, however the smell is rank and wont be going near my mouth)
12 drops peppermint oil or a combination of peppermint, spearmint and a drop of tea tree oil.

After brushing with my new bamboo toothbrush I shall follow with Himalayan salt.

If anyone has any better recipes please let me know. For the moment I'm sticking with the above.

Also if anyone has any hair conditioner recipes that don't involve the contents of my fridge i.e. eggs and avocado, please post. Something that will last a few weeks in a jar.
Mind-blowing dental info:

http://www.thenhf.com/page.php?id=53

And I found the best soap for it!
http://www.celticseasalt.com/Celtic-Sea-...-C576.aspx (Any of them except the oatmeal one.)

Most important is to keep saliva alkaline - between 7 and 7.5 pH 24/7...including first thing int the morning.

My hubby and I have been brushing with the Celtic seasalt soap for about 6 months now and WOW our teeth and gums have improved dramatically!!! And, it's ridiculously cheap: a bar of the soap costs $6 and it's not even 1/2 gone yet. So 1 bar should last 2 people a whole year!

Contrary to what we were told as kids, soap doesn't taste bad at all...if it's vegan soap! Tongue I wouldn't use regular soap - bleh!
Ok update: carrier oil to peppermint essential oil is waaaayyyyy off for my liking!

I upped the peppermint oil to 33 (master number) drops per 30ml carrier oil. This was okay, and probably a safe limit for most.

Then I upped it some more, I don't remember by how much, I think I may have gone up to 44 (master number again!). It's very cleansing and silky and nice to use. Lovely before bedtime after that medicinal glass of shiraz.

I also used the peppermint essential oil (organic) neat, one drop after every meal. It has done amazing things for my digestion! Apparently it's a powerful carminative and regulates peristalsis. If you have IBS (which I do) I highly recommend it.
I have been using my own toothpaste for years. I use baking soda, sea salt, a few drops of essential oil of peppermint, and a few drops of tea tree oil. I don't worry about amounts too much. Essential oils are very strong. I make it in a jar and shake it up after to disperse the oils. When brushing, I just wet the toothbrush and stick it in the mixture.

I am going to try adding coconut oil, however. Smile