Bring4th

Full Version: Learning Ways of Love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Opening the heart center is my personal, most important lesson. Well, yeah, there are of course three lower energy centers which give hard time, but right now I want to discuss the green ray energy center, which has been bugging me a lot.

I stumbled upon this quote:

Ra, 85.16 Wrote:As compassion is perceived it is suggested that, in balancing, this perception be analyzed.

This was actually of a surprise to me. I understand that many things need to be analyzed and eventually balanced, but that compassion has to be analyzed too...? Confused

I do attempt to seek love in each moment, but it's not always so easy. When I "succeed", I feel peace. Like everything is finally falling into its right place, and the whole creation suddenly makes sense. I want to be in this state forever. But the fear is that this state won't last "forever". And so, I go about my day, singing songs in my head, and suddenly - BAM! The heart closes.

In the state of closed heart I feel anxiety. And I try so hard to not to be a dick. Like in that funny picture that has been circulating on Facebook:

[Image: AuAeRcdCIAEpk13.jpg:large]

But in that state, when my heart is closed, all I want to be is that "dick". I want to tell people to buzz off, and to leave me the heck alone. This would be fine, if only our society wouldn't be so crazy in regards to activities and social interactions. So when it happens that my heart is closed, but I need to interact with people, I am in the state of anxiety. I can't flee those moment, I can't step aside telling everyone: "Sorry dudes, I don't want to be mean when I'm with you, but that's how I feel right now. So please, give me a moment for myself, and I promise you that I will be back as soon as possible, when I have analyzed this or that, and opened up my heart again."

In 85.16 Ra continues saying:

Ra Wrote:It may take many, many essays into compassion before true universal love is the product of the attempted opening and crystallization of this all-important springboard energy center. Thus the student may discover many other components to what may seem to be all-embracing love. Each of these components may be balanced and accepted as part of the self and as transitional material as the entity’s seat of learn/teaching moves ever more fairly into the green ray.

They also suggest that:

Ra, 85.16 Wrote:To the student of the balancing process we may suggest that the most stringent honesty be applied.

So, my personal understanding of what Ra is saying is that the compassion is the first step, before finding true universal love. That the most stringent honesty must be applied, and the perception of compassion to be analyzed. And that one shall make many, many essays into compassion, in attempts to open and crystallize this "all-important springboard energy center".

Then they are saying that there are many *components* which may be balanced and accepted as part of the self and as transitional material, as the enetity's seat of learn/teaching moves into the true universal love which is the product of all this hard work... What are these components? Does anyone here have any personal experiences or suggestions of what these components might be?

*phew*... This is not easy for me. I mean wisdom... Even if I might not have a clue of what wisdom actually is, it still doesn't sound as difficult to me as this green ray... And indigo ray, violet ray... I'm not trying to be arrogant here. Far from it. Because I logically understand that probably it is equally difficult for the entities who are green ray activated but need to work with higher energy centers, to do their learning. For instance, I remember when Ra was describing how negative entities greeted Carla. They overactivated/overenergized her green ray energy center, but dimmed the indigo ray, which left her in a confused state. And I remember specifically one time when one of these greetings happened to me. I was walking together with two beloved entities by my side, and feeling happy about being with them, but then suddenly I received a negative signal in my left ear, and BAM! I had one of these "sky opening experiences" again. It is felt like the whole creation opens up. It is fantastic on one hand! I feel one with the stars, with the air, with the whole Universe, but! On the other hand, if my heart is not opened in that moment, I become very, very confused. In that particular moment for instance, when I received that left ear signal and the whole creation opened up to me, I was still walking on Earth, with people who I love, but I didn't feel any love. All that I felt was irritation and anger towards the Earth and people around me. That was very, very confusing to me. I put absolutely no importance if it was or was not a greeting, but it did show me where the work needs to be done.

Here is what Ra said more, in the same 85.16:

Ra Wrote:When it is perceived that universal love has been achieved the next balancing may or may not be wisdom. If the adept is balancing manifestations it is indeed appropriate to balance universal love and wisdom. If the balancing is of mind or spirit there are many subtleties to which the adept may give careful consideration. Love and wisdom, like love and light, are not black and white, shall we say, but faces of the same coin, if you will. Therefore, it is not, in all cases, that balancing consists of a movement from compassion to wisdom.

Did Ra mean, by saying the last sentence, that sometimes there is indeed a need to balance a movement *from* wisdom *to* compassion/love? That if wisdom is already manifested, or perceived as manifested, and if perceived that it is not balanced by love, there has to be work done here? That is why they said that the next balancing, after it is perceived that universal love has been achieved, may or may *not* be of wisdom? Well, actually it doesn't matter. They may also have meant that some entities perhaps don't ever move into wisdom, but stay in the green ray for the rest of their incarnation. And it is well. I was just amusing myself by pondering all this...

I was earlier thinking that the green ray can't be worked with... Because either you feel this love, or you don't. And when you don't, just try not to be a "dick". But it can indeed be worked with!

I have also been feeling hopeless sometimes as to how to *work* with this ever important energy center, because love for me has this far been a thing that you are either born with or you are not. How do you *learn* to love?

Now, it seems like there is a way... It's just took me a little while to "discover" this important Ra quote...

I'm not sure that I'm ready to move farther than this for a moment, as I need to process all this for a while. I'm busy as heck too, all the time, and as Ra said here:

Ra, 38.10 Wrote:...your entities need constant moments of meditation to balance your activities.

We indeed have many acitivities here, our plane is also intense in catalyst, and therefore, we need constant moments of meditation to balance it all. I'm doing my best. But I guess that, due to these activities, intense catalysts, and buzyness, I will need some time to process what I already have here.

But I'm sure that there are other quotes of Ra, where more suggestions are made as to how to work with this important energy center. If you guys have seen any or know of any, please post them in this thread.

I would also love to hear of any experiences and understandings that has to do with this learning, or work. What do you personally think about this learning/work? About what I wrote?

I want to end this post by another suggestion from Ra from the same 85.16:

Ra Wrote:We may suggest at all times the constant remembrance of the density from which each adept desires to move. This density learns the lessons of love.

Heart Tongue
Great post Ankh!
You addressed alot of the same issues I struggle with (although far more eloquently, ha ha! Wink

When you're in the 'zone' it seems all of creation sings, but the demands of day to day life can sure get in the way of staying in said zone!
Each challenge is an opportunity, some I nail, alot I miss. Point is, there will always be another 'ball thrown' as Ra says.
I am just so very thankful to have the awareness I now have, compared to my pre-Ra days. (when I was a full-time 'Dick! lol)
I do have faith that we are going at the right pace for ourselves & that we will get where we long to be when the times right.
Sounds like you are working too hard to progress, where maybe it would be more helpful for you to let loose & just 'dick around' & enjoy a good belly laugh.
Lots of love n light to you<3
Thank you, hope! And your post was great too! Gave me lots of laughs! BigSmile

(03-11-2013, 08:54 AM)hope Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you are working too hard to progress, where maybe it would be more helpful for you to let loose & just 'dick around' & enjoy a good belly laugh.
Lots of love n light to you<3

Maybe I'm just trying to make up for my past, pre-Ra days now, when I was a full-time dick. BigSmile

Lots of love to you too, and welcome to this forum! Smile
I hope you don't think I'm a dick when I say I didn't quite read the whole post..

What I think is, pure compassion is ignorant and foolish. It is a great force, but without the guidance of wisdom, might end up hurting you or someone else. While compassion says: "Oh poor you, I need to help you, I feel I want to help you", wisdom is more like "I percieve an entity with difficulties, I am not responsible for this, I have no obligation to take any action at all". Wisdom is quite sterile and objective, while compassion is subjective and fuzzy. Compassion will want to throw itself over that which is percieved as in need of healing, yet Wisdom will know that the need is only a subjective observation, and is no basis for interference unless something is really asked for(nothing is really broken)

So a blend of these would be something like: "I percieve this person to have difficulties, I will offer my service, but not have any attachment to the outcome"
(03-11-2013, 11:17 AM)Aureus Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you don't think I'm a dick when I say I didn't quite read the whole post..

What I think is, pure compassion is ignorant and foolish. It is a great force, but without the guidance of wisdom, might end up hurting you or someone else. While compassion says: "Oh poor you, I need to help you, I feel I want to help you", wisdom is more like "I percieve an entity with difficulties, I am not responsible for this, I have no obligation to take any action at all". Wisdom is quite sterile and objective, while compassion is subjective and fuzzy. Compassion will want to throw itself over that which is percieved as in need of healing, yet Wisdom will know that the need is only a subjective observation, and is no basis for interference unless something is really asked for(nothing is really broken)

So a blend of these would be something like: "I percieve this person to have difficulties, I will offer my service, but not have any attachment to the outcome"

We already had discussions of foolishness of pure compassion vs wisdom on this forum. I am not talking about it. Compassion may be this component that Ra speaks of though.

I'm talking about true, universal love. It may take many essays into compassion before true, universal love is the product of this work. So what I am talking about is that work.

As Ra said, when this true, universal love is perceived to be achieved, next balancing may or may not be of wisdom. Or as they said in 32.14:

"...once the green ray has been achieved, the ability of the entity to enter blue ray is immediate and is only awaiting the efforts of the individual."
(03-11-2013, 07:47 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]I would also love to hear of any experiences and understandings that has to do with this learning, or work. What do you personally think about this learning/work?

Personally, I do not see love as being strictly green ray. An explanation is in order: the Original Thought is Love. The Creation was made in, of, and through Love. Love is a universal power or force; the active, creative, dynamic principle of Creation. There is not one iota even in the darkest pits of hell that does not contain Love. And the Creation is a recapitulation in reverse of Intelligent Infinity. Hence, there are various degrees or qualities of Love along the evolutionary journey:

• Red-ray love for... why, sex, of course! (the basis, drive, and foundation of Creation)
• Orange-ray love for inter-personal relationships (one-on-one)
• Yellow-ray love for societal activity (family, groups, organizations, etc)
• Green-ray love for compassion (or "heartlessness" for negative entities) in its most universal or unconditional sense
• Blue-ray love for wisdom (in knowledge, communication, and spirituality)
• Indigo-ray love for unity (self-realization as Creator, and of course, perfected expression of compassionate wisdom, or wise compassion)
• Violet ray: love for foreverness (wholeness, completeness, and the return to the Source of All That Is)

Quote:I have also been feeling hopeless sometimes as to how to *work* with this ever important energy center, because love for me has this far been a thing that you are either born with or you are not. How do you *learn* to love?

You learn... by doing.

They are you. «They» are «you». That's how it works for me. To see other-selves as self. No, I'm not saying it's so incredibly simple (especially when your other-selves just so happen to be diametrically inverse reflections of how you see yourself). I'm just saying it works. And I mean it really works. The compassion and "selfless" service is returned in kind even by the simplest of acts. However, this is something you cannot force yourself to feel. They key is non-resistance, appreciation, and acceptance of what is as it is.
Well, the color of self-love is orange-red, to unblock this will lead to loving oneself. It's mirror is cyan blue-green, perhaps this might be a clue. Then there is the power component as well, ranging from orange to yellow. The love will be of lesser stability if the centers leading to green are not mastered. The attempts to maintain this love will most likely flail if there is not enough love for yourself and enough power to sustain your love for yourself and maintaining of that love.

I can blow a pretty, lovely, amazing green balloon, but it'll only take a needle to puncture it.. Or perhaps a more accurate analogy would be me blowing a balloon, and successively learning to tie better knots at the end to prevent the air from leaving it.

Meerie

(03-11-2013, 11:17 AM)Aureus Wrote: [ -> ]What I think is, pure compassion is ignorant and foolish. It is a great force, but without the guidance of wisdom, might end up hurting you or someone else. While compassion says: "Oh poor you, I need to help you, I feel I want to help you",

sorry for the off-topic but I think what you describe here, is not compassion but more like "helpers syndrome".
Back to you guys.
Smile
It is very hard to love others if one is always hating certain aspects of the self. I have found the first to step to unconditional love is to accept oneself along with all existing flaws. To try to control and berate oneself is akin to trying to control and punish the other. Love and acceptance should ideally be shown with all things including whatever is destructive--even within yourself. From there, harmony will begin to manifest itself.

As Ra said, "there are no mistakes."

In summary, to force yourself to love is not to love at all.
Wisdom here in 3D comes from experience or maturity and will immediately suggest the most effective expression of compassion by virtue of that experience.
Siren's discussion resonates with me heavily, for I begun to balanced my lower centers last year with great success. What was key was chancing upon beliefs that all centers are about a form of love - not just the green ray.

(03-11-2013, 01:21 PM)Siren Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2013, 07:47 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]I would also love to hear of any experiences and understandings that has to do with this learning, or work. What do you personally think about this learning/work?

Personally, I do not see love as being strictly green ray. An explanation is in order: the Original Thought is Love. The Creation was made in, of, and through Love. Love is a universal power or force; the active, creative, dynamic principle of Creation. There is not one iota even in the darkest pits of hell that does not contain Love. And the Creation is a recapitulation in reverse of Intelligent Infinity. Hence, there are various degrees or qualities of Love along the evolutionary journey:

• Red-ray love for... why, sex, of course! (the basis, drive, and foundation of Creation)
• Orange-ray love for inter-personal relationships (one-on-one)
• Yellow-ray love for societal activity (family, groups, organizations, etc)
• Green-ray love for compassion (or "heartlessness" for negative entities) in its most universal or unconditional sense
• Blue-ray love for wisdom (in knowledge, communication, and spirituality)
• Indigo-ray love for unity (self-realization as Creator, and of course, perfected expression of compassionate wisdom, or wise compassion)
• Violet ray: love for foreverness (wholeness, completeness, and the return to the Source of All That Is)

Quote:I have also been feeling hopeless sometimes as to how to *work* with this ever important energy center, because love for me has this far been a thing that you are either born with or you are not. How do you *learn* to love?

You learn... by doing.

They are you. «They» are «you». That's how it works for me. To see other-selves as self. No, I'm not saying it's so incredibly simple (especially when your other-selves just so happen to be diametrically inverse reflections of how you see yourself). I'm just saying it works. And I mean it really works. The compassion and "selfless" service is returned in kind even by the simplest of acts. However, this is something you cannot force yourself to feel. They key is non-resistance, appreciation, and acceptance of what is as it is.

Ankh,

I know for me, my green ray comes without great difficulty, but at times I too want to be a dick. I too have wondered how to maintain a peaceful and loving state at times, and for me, the answer has been less in how to "maintain" and more about how to "reenter" that state. Recall that somewhere, there is talk that if an energy center is 100% closed, you would be dead. So everyone has a portion of their green ray, and consequently, if they can remember what they are doing when feel it, they should be able to use the method that has helped me greatly:

I figured that stuff out by first noticing when I entered loving, peaceful, flowing state (list of the top of my head):
(1) being in nature.
(2) extended meditations.
(2) reading Ra.
(4) working with homeless and drug addicts.
(5) playing with animals/pets.
(6) spending a mellow evening with best childhood friend

Then I noticed what typically brings me out of that state:
(1) sleep deprivation
(2) people with harsh/violent energy/emotion near me
(3) not eating/drinking enough (I seem to have many symptoms akin to borderline diabetes, and I am sensitive to delaying meals)
(4) deadline stress
(5) heavy drinking of alcohol

For each of those things on that list, I developed a way to move back to that peaceful and loving state. Most of my reentry techniques involve two things: (1) 5 minute long, meditative-type/energy work that can be done in the span of a bathroom break and/or (2) taking a step back and viewing everything as an opportunity to balance/master a spiritual concept - especially the little things - as well as with the expectation that concepts are better mastered through a "when it rains it pours" philosophy. That is, when s*** is upsetting me, I take a step back and try to distill a concept I can balance out of it, and then think of how the s*** could be even more catalytic if more s*** hits the fan and just smile if its little s*** bugging the hell out of me (I was late for an important meeting, and of course the drycleaner messed up my tie with a stain and I didn't notice till I walked into the meeting!), or for bigger things just trust in faith that there is a reason for all of this.

For example, reentry techniques:
(1) sleep deprivation: Try to prevent - if I can't it's usually because I have to be up for some reason. But otherwise I give myself 3-5 minutes where I don't fight my sleepiness (don't do while driving). I let myself feel the shittiness of getting one hour of sleep, all over my body, and let my eyes close. I kind of work myself into a state where I am getting ready for bed, where the shitty tiredness turns into oh this sleep will be so good tiredness. Then I gently stay awake, instead of forcing my eyes awake, I just kind of tell myself I will get this sleep, but later. During this process, I usually feel energy ripple over my back.

(2) people with harsh/violent energy/emotion near me: (1) A few moments of just grounding the energy through the soles of my feet with the core of the earth helps quite a bit. I pick up those emotions super easily. I also try to distill the lesson the person is working on, and how I could learn from his working.

etc etc

--------------------------

When it's all said and done, basically, I focus on three things:
(1) I try to incorporate into my daily routine more things that put me into a loving and peaceful state,
(2) become self-aware of things that push me into annoyed or irritable states, and don't judge myself for being there, but seeing it as an opportunity to sharpen my reentry skills and
(3) then use a discovered (or experiment) reentry technique.

It's kind of like how I think people learn to control their temper. They figure out what makes them feel not angry, then they learn to predict and notice what makes them angry, and then learn how to quickly cool off. And you can do this stuff in minutes. So in conclusion, s*** still pisses me off, I just acknowledge it, not self-judge, and experiment with something that puts me back into a great mood.

I think it's probably the same technique we all use as human beings, but I think for green ray stuff it's pretty key to somehow incorporate energy/meditative type work (even counting to 10 with your eyes closed could count!), as well as viewing all things, big or little, including the guy who insulted you and then asked you for a cigarette on the street, are concepts awaiting to be perfectly balanced.

Note: I try to shy away from seeing everything as a spiritual lesson - I mean in one way it is, but I guess my ego gets in the way and I get even more pissed off when I'm annoyed - I don't need a lesson in that damnit!!!Smile . I like viewing everything as an opportunity for mastering/perfecting a spiritual concept - maybe it's basically the same thing, but my ego, when pissed, handles that frame a lot better Smile.

Much luck my friend!!!SmileSmile
(03-11-2013, 01:21 PM)Siren Wrote: [ -> ]You learn... by doing.

Well, in one way - yes, but on the other hand, it is important I believe to meditate on this, and as Ra said, which was of a big surprise to me as I have mentioned, to analyze it.

Siren Wrote:However, this is something you cannot force yourself to feel.

Yeah, I know... Wish I could though! Tongue

(03-11-2013, 02:21 PM)Aureus Wrote: [ -> ]I can blow a pretty, lovely, amazing green balloon, but it'll only take a needle to puncture it.. Or perhaps a more accurate analogy would be me blowing a balloon, and successively learning to tie better knots at the end to prevent the air from leaving it.

lol! Loved that analogy! Tongue

(03-11-2013, 03:11 PM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]sorry for the off-topic but I think what you describe here, is not compassion but more like "helpers syndrome".
Back to you guys.
Smile

lol! Thanks for stepping by, *sweety*! BigSmile

I have been thinking about this quote since our discussion, but didn't get any "wiser" since that, hence this post. :p

(03-11-2013, 11:17 AM)Aureus Wrote: [ -> ]What I think is, pure compassion is ignorant and foolish. It is a great force, but without the guidance of wisdom, might end up hurting you or someone else. While compassion says: "Oh poor you, I need to help you, I feel I want to help you", wisdom is more like "I percieve an entity with difficulties, I am not responsible for this, I have no obligation to take any action at all". Wisdom is quite sterile and objective, while compassion is subjective and fuzzy. Compassion will want to throw itself over that which is percieved as in need of healing, yet Wisdom will know that the need is only a subjective observation, and is no basis for interference unless something is really asked for(nothing is really broken)

I just came to think that Ra said that universal love is the love freely given, as the blue ray is the communication freely given, so I don't think that there is any attachment to the outcome when this true, universal love is developed. But I thought more about what you said, and realized that maybe I have been a little bit afraid of this foolish aspect of the compassion, but now that I have realized that - I'm not anymore. As "they" say - you live, you learn. BigSmile Thank you, my brother.

xise, I love you, man! Your post made me laugh so much, as I could almost hear your voice. Let's take a beer next time see each other again! :p
I've gone through a situation in which I paid a lot of attention to 85.16. Even though they're speaking of green ray, which they've identified as an outward expression, universal love and all-embracing love includes the self. In my situation, I was struggling with whether or not I was loving enough if I didn't get involved with someone who, for various reasons, I wasn't really interested in. I felt that if I denied this person, I would be a failure in the eyes of love.

It took me awhile to realize that rather than lacking an outward expression of love, I wasn't accepting myself, which isn't all-embracing. In fact I kind of knew this all along but I was denying it..I wasn't being honest with myself. Moreover, it wasn't really wise or practical in terms of our life experiences and differences. I wasn't sharing myself in full compassion with others (18.11). It's very easy to look outwards, and be ok with other's faults. It's another thing to encounter them in yourself and accept them. To deny a trait in yourself is the same as denying that same trait that you encounter outwardly within others. That would be blatant fallacy. Maybe a situation involves giving more of yourself, or maybe it involves accepting your limitations, which is what I encountered.

Accept yourself! Once you learn to do more and more of that, while working on seeing your traits in others, you'll find in general that your being begins to lighten, which is what you're seeking.

I may be off in relation to green ray however, as indigo deals with acceptance of self. Although indigo was described as dealing with the spiritual/occult/hidden nature of things, so indigo may be more of a spiritual balancing of reality. When you really start looking at the Law of One deeply and attempt to understand the advice given, you begin to see where it lacks unfortunately. Especially with the discussion of the rays. There are many follow-up questions to be asked. P.S. - It took a lot of effort to not make a bunch of sexual jokes in this thread Tongue
Great post, Icaro! Thank you.

(03-12-2013, 01:38 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]It took me awhile to realize that rather than lacking an outward expression of love, I wasn't accepting myself, which isn't all-embracing.

Yeah, I think this is it. It is difficult to be be all-embracing and all-accepting with the self, but the self and another self are one.

Icaro Wrote:I may be off in relation to green ray however, as indigo deals with acceptance of self. Although indigo was described as dealing with the spiritual/occult/hidden nature of things, so indigo may be more of a spiritual balancing of reality.

You're right, except that the indigo ray deals not only with the acceptance of the self but also with the acceptance of the self as the Creator (32.14). It is also a ray of freely shared intelligent energy (48.7).

Icaro Wrote:P.S. - It took a lot of effort to not make a bunch of sexual jokes in this thread Tongue

Dang! I should have posted in the "Treehuggers"! :p
(03-11-2013, 03:11 PM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2013, 11:17 AM)
Aureus Wrote: [ -> ]
What I think is, pure compassion is ignorant and foolish. It is a great force, but without the guidance of wisdom, might end up hurting you or someone else. While compassion says: "Oh poor you, I need to help you, I feel I want to help you",

sorry for the off-topic but I think what you describe here, is not compassion but more like "helpers syndrome".
Back to you guys.
Smile
I was trying to describe the characteristic vibe of green ray, being the first radiating energy, the extending of self to other. The initial attempts to express this energy will most likely contain traces of conditions due to biases stemming from earlier rays. So, when starting to work with the indigo, these biases will be revealed, and corrected in order to further balance, thus becoming a closer reflection of that which is complete, Source.
(03-12-2013, 03:43 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]It is also a ray of freely shared intelligent energy (48.7).

And there you go, the concept of freely shared energy. When you look at the Ra Material, what they were trying to accomplish with their teaching is summed up in the poker analogy I think. Many of us are already there though, yet we get down on ourselves as if we aren't doing enough. So it seems we think too much. It's not exactly a bad attitude to have because you're continually attempting to grow, but I think what many of us are really working on is indigo balancing.

The compassion in my situation was certainly present. I wanted to give to her, I could feel for her situation, but for various reasons I realized it wasn't appropriate. I was actually being overly-compassionate and lacking in wisdom ("this perception must be analyzed"), so it was also an indigo issue which took awhile to see. It's in our nature to stress out sometimes, which is our heart talking. Let others be rather than attempting to fit them into a mold. Just work on acceptance all around, and less and less will bother you in the moment. The more irritated we are means the more we're attempting to control. And I find that total happiness all the time isn't possible and can be draining. Sometimes we just need to retreat within ourselves.
(03-12-2013, 11:03 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]The compassion in my situation was certainly present. I wanted to give to her, I could feel for her situation, but for various reasons I realized it wasn't appropriate. I was actually being overly-compassionate and lacking in wisdom...

I guess that this is where I am trying to get at with this thread... (minus that wisdom stuff BigSmile), and the Ra analogy that might be used here is that of an attacking bull, where Ra says that the response from a perfectly balanced entity is love when being attacked by another self, and that "the principle of balance is the observer not being blind by any feelings of separation but rather fully imbued with love". Like in your situation, you could feel for her situation, and the compassion was certainly present, and this is it! What then the correct or appropriate action is, is another story. Like you said, the correct action was to leave her, but what I am getting at here is that you were feeling love. That's the important point. Smile
(03-11-2013, 07:47 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Opening the heart center is my personal, most important lesson. Well, yeah, there are of course three lower energy centers which give hard time, but right now I want to discuss the green ray energy center, which has been bugging me a lot.

if i may offer some thoughts, you may or may not find them useful or relevant Smile

my personal understanding is that love and fear are antithetical; where fear is present, love is usually absent.

the emanations of fear usually bring with them:

* a feeling of separation from the thing 'feared'
* a wanting to get away from the thing feared
* a feeling of 'defence' or protection against the thing feared

if you can find the personal roots for the fear, and then balance that or just even understand it, this can allow the presence of love to enter and dissolve the 'distance' between you and the thing previously feared. Fear can be for a person, an experience, or just a vague concept. It can be entirely imaginary (and usually only is entirely imaginary).

the state of universal compassion, or love for all things (metta) implies that one does not feel separate from anything that one sees or experiences ... that one identifies with the universe around oneself. All resistance has been removed.
(03-12-2013, 02:44 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]I guess that this is where I am trying to get at with this thread... (minus that wisdom stuff BigSmile), and the Ra analogy that might be used here is that of an attacking bull, where Ra says that the response from a perfectly balanced entity is love when being attacked by another self, and that "the principle of balance is the observer not being blind by any feelings of separation but rather fully imbued with love". Like in your situation, you could feel for her situation, and the compassion was certainly present, and this is it! What then the correct or appropriate action is, is another story. Like you said, the correct action was to leave her, but what I am getting at here is that you were feeling love. That's the important point. Smile

Good example of the bull. You have always seemed to be a person full of love, so I think you should not be so hard on yourself.