Bring4th

Full Version: A discussion of STS and STO.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxKYfTvZFb8

The hate Agent Smith exemplifies in this scene shows us what a Service-to-Self entity is. All he exhibits is hate, the total unacceptance for what is within his world. As such his only natural reaction to it is to destroy what he can and manipulate it into something he can tolerate through constant control. Even if he were to attain total control, his hate could become systemic to where it would destroy everything including himself--if such a thing were possible.

Remember, negative polarity is simply what is not. Nothing more. The "Self" in Service-to-Self simply represents destruction, control and division to where it can go no longer and that is to the Self and inevitably to the Creator. Paradoxically, total destruction would lead to absolute infinite creation.

It seems infinity equals zero.

What a beautiful universe we have. Not that I prefer destruction, it's just that I accept it. When we understand positive and negative polarity we can learn to love the universe as it is. Unconditional love does not only entail accepting creation but accepting destruction as well.
deleted...
(03-11-2013, 11:44 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]As Ra would say, "this is correct in the same way that a simple children’s story is an allegory for physical/philosophical/social complex distortion/understanding." In other words, there isn't quite as good a teacher as actual experience compared to make-believe bad guys. In the real world, rather than the world of entertainment, fantasy and whim, that would not be a STS epitomization anymore than darth vader.

What would be a proper STS epitomization? What is STS besides what is not, as Ra himself has said? Yes, my metaphor might be sophomoric. I readily accept that. I readily accept that this might be a waste of a thread. Howver, is not STS essentially destruction?
I don't see STS as destruction.

I see STS as selfishness, power, and control.

If we're talking about children's stories, I think STS are more like the evil villains who want to "rule the world" and do whatever they please. Perhaps a small subset may want to destroy, but hell I think a small subset of STS also wants to create their vision of harmony and peace (perhaps ala the Venusian STO wanderers who polarized STS).

Although some instability is common to STS power struggles, I don't think destruction is inherent in STS. Afterall, an STS wants something to control afterall. Actual destruction provides no power or control if everything is actually destroyed (this is distinct from an STS entity wanting the power to destroy, which arguably could provide stability from a power struggle vis-vi a MAD Mutually Assured Destruction Scenario, but that would be for deterrent purposes only).

Even Sauron wanted to rule over Middle Earth, not destroy it!
(03-11-2013, 11:59 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see STS as destruction.

I see STS as selfishness, power, and control.

If we're talking about children's stories, I think STS are more like the evil villains who want to "rule the world" and do whatever they please. Perhaps a small subset may want to destroy, but hell I think a small subset of STS also wants to create their vision of harmony and peace (perhaps ala the Venusian STO wanderers who polarized STS).

Although some instability is common to STS power struggles, I don't think destruction is inherent in STS. Afterall, an STS wants something to control afterall. Actual destruction provides no power or control if everything is actually destroyed (this is distinct from an STS entity wanting the power to destroy, which arguably could provide stability from a power struggle vis-vi a MAD Mutually Assured Destruction Scenario, but that would be for deterrent purposes only).

Even Sauron wanted to rule over Middle Earth, not destroy it!

Let me rephrase myself: Does not hatred entail a desire to destroy what currently exists? Yes, the said STS entity may desire a different creation after said destruction but is destruction still not entailed?
deleted....
(03-12-2013, 12:16 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2013, 11:47 PM)Adonai-1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2013, 11:44 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]As Ra would say, "this is correct in the same way that a simple children’s story is an allegory for physical/philosophical/social complex distortion/understanding." In other words, there isn't quite as good a teacher as actual experience compared to make-believe bad guys. In the real world, rather than the world of entertainment, fantasy and whim, that would not be a STS epitomization anymore than darth vader.

What would be a proper STS epitomization?
You're not going to have a STS or STO epitomization because you can't effectively communicate the qualities necessary to polarize unless you posses those qualities. It's like saying "this is what it is like to be dead" or giving someone a sex manual and saying "this is what sex is like".
So you do not believe I have achieved polarization? Why is that?
I think he means peak polarization ala Jesus or Shin'Ra.

---

Some movie STS examples I really like are Daniel Day Lewis in "There Will Be Blood," Phillip Seymour Hoffman in "The Master," Michael Douglas in "Wall Street."

Have you ever been stared at like this?
[Image: daniel-plainview-there-will-be-blood.jpg]
(03-12-2013, 12:07 AM)Adonai-1 Wrote: [ -> ]Let me rephrase myself: Does not hatred entail a desire to destroy what currently exists? Yes, the said STS entity may desire a different creation after said destruction but is destruction still not entailed?

The hatred you speak of is simply a negative distortion of Love. Yet it is, essentially, still Love; for there is no other energy through which action is brought about.

Unfortunately, destruction, like chaos, death, distortion, power, ego, and illusion have extremely negative connotations (especially in modern, civilized, "westernized" culture). Destruction is not Creation's antithesis. Let us examine this word more carefully: de-struction. It's proper opposite is con-struction. What both have in common is the term struction, which refers to structure. So to de-struct (or destroy) is simply to tear down, to disassemble, to dismantle a structure. Thus, destruction is merely one side of the the ever-spinning coin that is Creation.

When you chop down a tree to make a chair or a table out of it, have you not just destroyed something to build something else in turn? Transformation. This is the essence of Creation. Creation is not something static or immutable, it is a continual process of flux and re-flux where change is the only constant: destruction, construction, dis-arrangement, re-arrangement. In other words: transmutation, or alchemy.

The Logos itself, the Original Thought of Universal Love is a destructor. The Great Architect not only builds, but destroys:

Quote:80.22 We have discussed the possibilities of contact with intelligent energy, for this energy is the energy of the Logos, and thus it is the energy which heals, builds, removes, destroys, and transforms all other-selves as well as the self.

By destroying something you are invariably creating something else. The Creation is simply a Transformation. I would also replace destruction with dissolution (the meaning is essentially the same but the difference is subtle). After all, do we not all dissolve into total, pure Oneness/Infinity at the end of Creation and thus begin a new Creation? That is the ultimate blissful destruction/dissolution.

Quote:Remember, negative polarity is simply what is not.

And yet that which is not exists within that which is. O the paradox!

PS: I wouldn't look up to negative StS "role models" on cartoonized television series or Hollywood movies. The true negative entity is a hidden hand behind the curtains, pulling strings from the shadows—of the shadows. They are the true movers and shakers, not the puppet presidents and public figures dancing on stage. Those are newbies, amateurs, if anything. And to define negativity as "hatred" and "destruction" is folly, to say the least. Also, there is a certain elegance and refinement to negative wisdom too—a horrendous and terrible type of beauty, if you will, when seen through the proper lenses.

PS 2: Let us remember, all is One.
Thank you all for your thoughts.

I will ask this: Can we all agree the end of a STS entity is absolute control?

Anyways, I think this sums things up:
Quote:93.3 Questioner: Thank you. You have stated previously that the foundation of our present illusion is the concept of polarity. I would like to ask, since we have defined the two polarities as service to others and service to self, is there a more complete or eloquent or enlightening definition of these polarities or any more information that we don’t have at this time that you could give on the two ends of the poles that would give us a better insight into the nature of polarity itself?

Ra: I am Ra. It is unlikely that there is a more pithy or eloquent description of the polarities of third density than service to others and service to self due to the nature of the mind/body/spirit complexes’ distortions towards perceiving concepts relating to philosophy in terms of ethics or activity. However, we might consider the polarities using slightly variant terms. In this way a possible enrichment of insight might be achieved for some.

One might consider the polarities with the literal nature enjoyed by the physical polarity of the magnet. The negative and positive, with their electrical characteristics, may be seen to be just as in the physical sense. It is to be noted in this context that it is quite impossible to judge the polarity of an act or an entity, just as it is impossible to judge the relative goodness of the negative and positive poles of the magnet.

Another method of viewing polarities might involve the concept of radiation/absorption. That which is positive is radiant; that which is negative is absorbent.

So it seems STS takes and STO gives.
(03-12-2013, 04:25 PM)Siren Wrote: [ -> ]PS: I wouldn't look up to negative StS "role models" on cartoonized television series or Hollywood movies. The true negative entity is a hidden hand behind the curtains, pulling strings from the shadows—of the shadows. They are the true movers and shakers, not the puppet presidents and public figures dancing on stage. Those are newbies, amateurs, if anything. And to define negativity as "hatred" and "destruction" is folly, to say the least. Also, there is a certain elegance and refinement to negative wisdom too—a horrendous and terrible type of beauty, if you will, when seen through the proper lenses.

I disagree somewhat. All negative entities aren't behind the curtains. They're out there, making it happen, taking action, interacting with people because they know they can learn and acquire power through using people..like bricks to build their castle. You can look at STS characters from movies for academic reasons, to understand them. If you can get inside their head, it makes it a lot harder for them to manipulate yours.

I mean, let's face it...there's a battle going on here, in 3rd and 4th density. Understanding your opponent is important, imo.

Ra Wrote:This, however, being a battle of equals, the Confederation is aware that it cannot, on equal footing, allow itself to be manipulated in order to remain purely positive, for then though pure it would not be of any consequence, having been placed by the so-called powers of darkness under the heel, as you may say.

It is thus that those who deal with this thought-war must be defensive rather than accepting in order to preserve their usefulness in service to others. Thusly, they cannot accept fully what the Orion Confederation wishes to give, that being enslavement. Thusly, some polarity is lost due to this friction and both sides, if you will, must then regroup.

Meerie

Since you posted the Agent Smith clip from the matrix here...
do you remember the ending?

spoiler alert... if someone has not seen the matrix, please do not continue reading!!!

Angel

The end and how Neo is able to bring peace is by integrating his shadow which is personified by Agent Smith.
He stops fighting him and surrenders and suddenly all the Smiths burst into light and vanish.
A nice filmic representation of ego death and ensuing enlightenment.
It is not about fighting, this is not a battle STO vs STS and about one side winning.
It is about identifying both aspects inside oneself and integrating them.
Smile
(03-19-2013, 04:50 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Since you posted the Agent Smith clip from the matrix here...
do you remember the ending?

spoiler alert... if someone has not seen the matrix, please do not continue reading!!!

Angel

The end and how Neo is able to bring peace is by integrating his shadow which is personified by Agent Smith.
He stops fighting him and surrenders and suddenly all the Smiths burst into light and vanish.
A nice filmic representation of ego death and ensuing enlightenment.
It is not about fighting, this is not a battle STO vs STS and about one side winning.
It is about identifying both aspects inside oneself and integrating them.
Smile

You're way ahead of the curve. HuhAngel

Meerie

Lol, dunno about "ahead of the curve"...
it is just that the STS - STO concept as in Ra does not make sense to me and I get the feeling it is a source of confusion for many on the forums.
The Matrix and other spiritual teachings are more helpful to me in that regard
Wink
(03-19-2013, 05:30 AM)Wander-Man Wrote: [ -> ]You're way ahead of the curve

Meerie is the BEST! Blush
(03-19-2013, 05:44 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, dunno about "ahead of the curve"...
it is just that the STS - STO concept as in Ra does not make sense to me and I get the feeling it is a source of confusion for many on the forums.
The Matrix and other spiritual teachings are more helpful to me in that regard
Wink

IMO, I'll have millions of years plus eternal timelessness to enjoy non-duality...might as well enjoy this polarized drama while I canCool

You can probably guess I'm more of a Star Wars fan.