Bring4th

Full Version: Love is simply acceptance, is it not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to put this question out there even though it is so elementary. What is love to you? Is it acceptance or is it more?

Meerie

Interesting, a friend of mine thinks along the same lines...
I think love is more than acceptance.
Love includes acceptance?
whereas acceptance does not necessarily have to include love imo
(04-01-2013, 04:10 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, a friend of mine thinks along the same lines...
I think love is more than acceptance.
Love includes acceptance?
whereas acceptance does not necessarily have to include love imo

Acceptance is an absolute prerequisite. However, it's the feeling that's hard to quantify and put into words. I think one can love without the feeling, the joy. I certainly can.

Meerie

Omg I am not sure I got it right...
I just remembered, I love this person, but yet sometimes they make me go up the walls because of some stuff they say..
that means, one can love but still not accept Confused
not sure how the two are linked actually.

I was reading about unconditional love the other day and they mentioned the example of a mother loving her son..
even if the son robs a bank or beats up someone she will still love him.
But that does not mean she will accept his behavior or put up with everything he does... I mean in that case she would hardly accept his criminal behavior I guess. Except if she is a criminal herself and helped him rob the bank Confused
(04-01-2013, 04:43 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Omg I am not sure I got it right...
I just remembered, I love this person, but yet sometimes they make me go up the walls because of some stuff they say..

I was reading about unconditional love the other day and they mentioned the example of a mother loving her son..
But that does not mean she will accept his behavior or put up with everything he does... I mean in that case she would hardly accept his criminal behavior I guess. Except if she is a criminal herself and helped him rob the bank Confused

When you accept a person despite all their flaws you can't accept, that's still acceptance of the person as a whole. Smile

Meerie

I just checked how they describe "to accept" in etymology online,
late 14c., "to take what is offered," from Old French accepter (14c.) or directly from Latin acceptare "take or receive willingly,"

It means "to take something".
Hmm... could that be the difference?
"to take " seems an action, like a more "yang" thing. Whereas love is more a passive state of being, a radiance? More a "yin" thing.
something like that...
Even if you love someone you don't have to take everything that they offer you.

Thanks for making me think about this Adonai, that is an interesting concept... I feel like there might be more coming out of this that I am not able to put into words yet.
Smile
(04-01-2013, 04:56 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]I just checked how they describe "to accept" in etymology online,
late 14c., "to take what is offered," from Old French accepter (14c.) or directly from Latin acceptare "take or receive willingly,"

It means "to take something".
Hmm... could that be the difference?
"to take " seems an action, like a more "yang" thing. Whereas love is more a passive state of being, a radiance? More a "yin" thing.
something like that...
Even if you love someone you don't have to take everything that they offer you.

If one does not accept something, are they not rejecting it? Is hate not absolute rejection in its most extreme? That's how I see it.

However, Ra says love should radiate and give... Lots of questions.

I accept all things good or bad because I know all of it is one. I know it's the creator. I see no reason to reject anything. I feel I can only accept.

I feel there is more to learn.

Meerie

Let us get back to the example with the mother and her son who robbed the bank...
how would you react in her case? would you say "oh ok, son, go on robbing banks, I accept that?"
I think even if she still loves him that does not mean she will have to accept that he does that...
(04-01-2013, 05:09 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Let us get back to the example with the mother and her son who robbed the bank...
how would you react in her case? would you say "oh ok, son, go on robbing banks, I accept that?"
I think even if she still loves him that does not mean she will have to accept that he does that...
Am I to hate the result of my son's free will? The nature of our reality? Am I to reject that he is in pain and desires something from crime that is not provided to him? Am I to reject his suffering? Am I to plea to God to break all that is here and ban free will and have us all just live as him once again? I cannot bring myself to hate the fact these crimes exist for without them this world ceases to be what it is. Of course these things can lead to pain and I do feel it yet I love it, embrace it and accept for it is why I am here. Without the pain, we cease to recognize the bliss.

It seems I cannot bring myself to a micro point-of-view. All that we experience, even the blackest sin, is the creator. I can only see it as such.

Of course I would not want him to rob but all things are one.
(04-01-2013, 04:43 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Omg I am not sure I got it right...

Meerie - In my mind you are confusing acceptance with approval. The mother in your example loves her son, accepts that he has taken these actions and loves him anyway. But this does not mean that she approves of his actions. Only that she loves him anyway.

I am just listening to a "psychic heart clearning" exercise and they are talking about how giving and receiving are part of the same energy flow - inflow and outflow. You can't have one without the other.

Unbound

One must be able to respect the individuality of another in order to be accepting. Acceptance is not merely words spoken, but is a way of approaching one's own interaction with the world. Lack of acceptance creates anger, frustration, confusion, denial, escapism and many other effects from dissociations from unity. Acceptance in its highest form is unity, all inclusive, unconditional, unlimited and therefore the highest form of love.

However! We must also remember that we must include ourselves within our acceptance, for if we do not, then we are not truly being all inclusive. This means we have to respect our individuality, and this is where all the complication comes from because when we are trying to respect both our own and another individual's individuality the relationship becomes more articulate and complex than if both were simply ignorant of eachother's unique existence. Thus from acceptance, true acceptance, should come not just understanding, but peace.

Now, peace doesn't mean stopping or stagnating. It means smooth flow, a steady current like a stream which throbs and flows with the seasons and moon but continues to ever flow until it is dry. The stream is ever at peace with its existence, it accepts itself for what it is, and being that to the fullest capacity it is able.

Then sometimes, by a stroke of some magic, a stream becomes a mighty river...
If you're talking about Love as the 2nd distortion, it's more than acceptance. It's everything.
I feel that "acceptance" is one of the strongest synonyms for love, and one of the key concepts to understanding love, and one of the key activities for participating in/sharing/giving/receiving/generating love.

Love may include rejection, a drawing of a boundary and a saying "no", but rejecting only the service, not rejecting the is-ness of the moment; not rejecting the Creator in the other or our unbreakable oneness with that which is perceived.
(04-01-2013, 03:12 AM)Adonai-1 Wrote: [ -> ]I want to put this question out there even though it is so elementary. What is love to you? Is it acceptance or is it more?

Ra talks about STS being a 'love of self'. That love would seem to be based on the principle of control rather than acceptance.

love, in its most general sense, seems to be an attractive quality; of like for like; and the extent of how one defines one's 'like' or self qualities determines the extent of the love.

love, also, of course, has a vast variety of contexts in which it it used.

this is a quote that may be worth pondering:

42.2 The end result is that the catalyst is no longer needed. Thus this density is no longer needed. This is not indifference or objectivity but a finely tuned compassion and love which sees all things as love. This seeing elicits no response due to catalytic reactions. Thus the entity is now able to become co-Creator of experiential occurrences. This is the truer balance.
To me highest love is a state of non-differentiation or unity, to see the common nature of all things, they are all co-creators.. I think this is very difficult to do living in the society though, our mind have to identify to some degree to interact with other identities, any imbalance in our chakras will disrupt unity consciousness.
(04-02-2013, 07:52 PM)kanonathena Wrote: [ -> ]To me highest love is a state of non-differentiation or unity, to see the common nature of all things, they are all co-creators.. I think this is very difficult to do living in the society though, our mind have to identify to some degree to interact with other identities, any imbalance in our chakras will disrupt unity consciousness.
And that's what I try to say when I say "acceptance": Acceptance of all things, accepting all because we all are one. Anyways, you said it better.
My list of attributes in love thus far:
Hope
Forgiveness
Acceptance
Non-judgment
Openess
Sensitivity
Compassion
Empathy
Helping Others
Unconditionalness
Understanding
Being Present in the Moment
Patience

...as an aside, if you make a list of fear, you actually can include a lot of emotions (anger, rigidity, judgment, etc)...I haven't made that list, but watched a Greg Braden clip where he was doing that.