Bring4th

Full Version: A Thought I Had Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Brittany

Today I was talking with a friend on Facebook, and at some point in the conversation I joked that he should receive thirty lashes for doubting himself.

Then it occurred to me: What if this was how things were? What if every time we beat ourselves up in our heads, it showed up on our physical bodies? Would any of us not look like complete crap at the end of the day?

I realize that in a sense this already happens. Self-destructive thought patterns are the root of most physical illnesses, IMO. But how much more stark of a lesson would it be if we saw immediate results?

I think we'd be forced to feel a lot more compassion, both for ourselves and other people. Just having this thought makes me look at myself, and picture how I would look if every mental punch I've thrown at myself became a scar on my body. I wouldn't even be recognizable as human at this point. Maybe it's time to start treating myself with a little bit more respect, because those scars are real, even if they don't show up on my skin.

I also wonder how many wounds I've left on others when my tolerance for actions I don't agree with has been stretched thin. How many of my friends would be bloody and raw because, instead of taking the time to balance my emotions, I simply unloaded my anger onto them? Perhaps I have work there to do as well.
I would not doubt this reality exists in some form. Perhaps in the inner planes? However, I think the utility of this would be a special case for certain beings who need to learn these lessons in a extreme way.

Perhaps you could create a reality like this in the future as a Logos. Smile Although, I think there would need to be a proper balance.
That will be so fascinating being a Logos and able to create physical realities. But there will be a lot of learning to do in order to do it right.

I think not only having negative emotions manifest immediately, but positive ones can be healing.
i think we all have lots of work to do lynn. i know i have a tendency to activate mouth before engaging brain. on the other hand like u say we all are works on progress. i was reading something to day that said all forgiveness begins with self forgiveness. i think that is true

norral Heart
(04-01-2013, 02:15 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]Then it occurred to me: What if this was how things were? What if every time we beat ourselves up in our heads, it showed up on our physical bodies? Would any of us not look like complete crap at the end of the day?

The good news is that if you take a negative thought and an "equal" counter positive thought, the positive thought is 20 times stronger.

I´m not sure how true this is in reality, but on a mental level, thinking it makes it so =)
(04-01-2013, 06:05 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2013, 02:15 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]Then it occurred to me: What if this was how things were? What if every time we beat ourselves up in our heads, it showed up on our physical bodies? Would any of us not look like complete crap at the end of the day?

The good news is that if you take a negative thought and an "equal" counter positive thought, the positive thought is 20 times stronger.

I´m not sure how true this is in reality, but on a mental level, thinking it makes it so =)

This is good to know. It makes me even more eager to dwell in the positive thoughts. But won't that make me unbalanced?
Damn. That would be pretty brutal. A whole lot of folks would die in a day, and those who survived would be so damn purified of inner conflict that this planet would be a collective utopia in like a year probably, lol.
Not only thoughts but emotions as well. People who are cut-off from their mind experience things physically, too (e.g., somatization). Imagine all that cortisol that courses through our system when we are distressed and stressed!
(04-01-2013, 06:05 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]The good news is that if you take a negative thought and an "equal" counter positive thought, the positive thought is 20 times stronger.

Thoughts are real and continue until balanced. We sometimes visit the world we created during our dream state. The same world that many NDE find themselves not happy with.
The unconscious only speaks to what is prepared to listen. A relative state of balance must be achieved before imbalance can be detected. In this manner, movement is from more to less distortion.

If you had that contrasting balance in the first place, as what you're asking, then you wouldn't need the new catalyst. If you say you only want the catalyst necessary for health, then it would be violation of free will - because you'd have no choice in the matter. How you address that imbalance is what creates the personality.

Brittany

I wasn't saying I wanted that reality. Aside from the fact that most of us would likely die in short order if such a reality were to suddenly manifest, I agree that it would violate the free will of the individual and prevent a great deal of the catalyst used for personal growth.

Yet the very thought of such a reality influenced the way that I look at myself, and allowed me to feel compassion for myself that otherwise was not there. Sometimes a switch of perspective is all that is required to dissolve an unhelpful mindset.
I have been beating myself up mentally quite a lot recently and have been developing all kinds of aches and pains. Coincidence . . . I think not Tongue
Lynn, you ought also to reflect on the good words we have for you, and upon the genuine joy that we experience when we get to see you (for an unfortunately all-too-brief period at Homecoming every year). You have less reason for self-derogation than you imagine.

Brittany

Does anyone really have a good reason for deprecating themselves? We all need to give ourselves some hugs and realize how awesome we all are.
(04-01-2013, 02:15 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]But how much more stark of a lesson would it be if we saw immediate results?

[Image: Pizza.jpg]
This is the core of the lesson I have learned.

Life is what lessons you have sought and wanted to seek in the past 24-48 hours. I Recommend you seek to continue previous lessons and determine that as your wish. It requires the least amount of radical changes.

I wish to continue my lessons in love. My lessons in humility. My lessons in health. My lessons in company of greater beings. My lessons in hope and so on. No need for new catalyst. Only the strengthening, opening and balancing of pre-existing catalytic processess.

How do you all deal with the positive models of much much higher polarity that you have been able to generate. That for me is the hardest lesson. What to do when "you" walk around and focus intense mind bending positive thoughts on someone and they pick up on what you are doing and simply attach themselves to you for future such instances. Do you call them.... Friend.
I don't focus too much on building polarity. So I've not have had the mind-bending positive thoughts on someone. But thankfully I am not overly negative either like I used to be.