Bring4th

Full Version: the moment contains love - the power of now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Meerie

Ra says "the moment contains love". Tolle emphasizes in his book "the power of now" the necessity to get to living in the now, consciously being in the moment and describes the feeling when that happens as one of peace...
could it be they actually mean one and the same thing?
Our mind is constantly occupied with thoughts of the future, what might happen, possible negative scenarios or fears, or also dwelling in past events, which all take us out of the present and mostly to a rather unloving place.
Is all we need to consciously make it to 4D, to embrace the present moment?
I was thinking about this during the night. I spent a good bit of time yesterday listening to programs on getting aligned, chakras etc. the whole while thinking how we make things so very complicated when really, all we need to do is be in the moment with love.

I had a conversation with my niece last night. She was complaining about a friend talking behind her back. I listened for awhile and then asked her if she'd ever done the same thing to her friend. She said, "NO! Absolutely not!". Then I asked her what she had been doing for the past few minutes. She was quiet for a few minutes, then just started to laugh. When we got off the phone, she called her friend and apologized.

I realize that this example is a very simplistic one, but I've come to believe that it is these tiny, seemingly insignificant interactions we have with others are the very opportunities we have to learn to be in the moment with love, every moment.

Much love to you, Meerie!

(04-07-2013, 09:40 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about this during the night. I spent a good bit of time yesterday listening to programs on getting aligned, chakras etc. the whole while thinking how we make things so very complicated when really, all we need to do is be in the moment with love.

I had a conversation with my niece last night. She was complaining about a friend talking behind her back. I listened for awhile and then asked her if she'd ever done the same thing to her friend. She said, "NO! Absolutely not!". Then I asked her what she had been doing for the past few minutes. She was quiet for a few minutes, then just started to laugh. When we got off the phone, she called her friend and apologized.

I realize that this example is a very simplistic one, but I've come to believe that it is these tiny, seemingly insignificant interactions we have with others are the very opportunities we have to learn to be in the moment with love, every moment.

Much love to you, Meerie!

Another thought: BE the love in the moment.

Meerie

(04-07-2013, 09:40 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about this during the night. I spent a good bit of time yesterday listening to programs on getting aligned, chakras etc. the whole while thinking how we make things so very complicated when really, all we need to do is be in the moment with love.

exactly my thoughts! I was thinking all those things and knowledges can get sort of a distraction, when it really is much simpler. Or I am trying to simplify as much as possible, because I think ultimately truth is simple and when we get there, we will probably laugh our heads off and wonder why it took us so long...
Smile
I've been thinking on this a little more since I posted. I wish there was some way to really explain what I "see" as a little switch inside that lets me just release all the need for labels, studies, controls, "work" and the like and just lets the love glow and flow.
(04-07-2013, 07:17 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Ra says "the moment contains love". Tolle emphasizes in his book "the power of now" the necessity to get to living in the now, consciously being in the moment and describes the feeling when that happens as one of peace...
could it be they actually mean one and the same thing?
Our mind is constantly occupied with thoughts of the future, what might happen, possible negative scenarios or fears, or also dwelling in past events, which all take us out of the present and mostly to a rather unloving place.
Is all we need to consciously make it to 4D, to embrace the present moment?

Hello beautiful being! Smile

"The moment contains love" could be one of the exercises to *be* in the present moment, but if you are looking for the "power in the now", consider this quote:

Ra, 17.2 Wrote:Enlightenment is of the moment, is an opening to intelligent infinity. It can only be accomplished by the self, for the self. Another self cannot teach/learn enlightenment, but only teach/learn information, inspiration, or a sharing of love, of mystery, of the unknown that makes the other-self reach out and begin the seeking process that ends in a moment, but who can know when an entity will open the gate to the present?

My interpretation of what Ra says here is that the so called "enlightement" is an opening to intelligent infinity. The seeking of it ends in the present moment.

Is it the power of the now that you are looking for?
Yeah, their message wasn't exactly new as Zen or Taoism had already attained many insights. Most adepts will simply understand that life is relative, with love and forgiveness being the guiding principles. All catalyst that stirs emotion signals that you're creating separation. In absolutely all situations, when you're having issues with someone and you think you're right, there's always unity to be found.

Ra describes the left-hand path as requiring a sharp mind. The mind will go to great lengths to come up with a complex explanation as to how another is lacking love, but all catalyst points to a lack of love within the self. We all have certain needs. There will be those who we just conflict with and being submissive in all situations isn't the answer, but the idea is to consciously recognize the unity. So the less that bothers you, the more you can enjoy the moment.

"Those upon the right-hand path have no such protection against other-selves for upon that path the doughty seeker shall find many mirrors for reflection in each other-self it encounters."

Meerie

(04-07-2013, 12:09 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
Ra, 17.2 Wrote:Enlightenment is of the moment, is an opening to intelligent infinity. It can only be accomplished by the self, for the self. Another self cannot teach/learn enlightenment, but only teach/learn information, inspiration, or a sharing of love, of mystery, of the unknown that makes the other-self reach out and begin the seeking process that ends in a moment, but who can know when an entity will open the gate to the present?

My interpretation of what Ra says here is that the so called "enlightement" is an opening to intelligent infinity. The seeking of it ends in the present moment.

Is it the power of the now that you are looking for?

yeah I guess that is it... Smile
it is all about the moment! another teacher that I love lots, David R. Hawkins, formulated it this way... when someone asks him "what do I have to do to become enlightened" he replies "well just stop being unenlightened" lol
meaning it is there. It is always there, we just don't realize it.
All we gotta do is be in the moment consciously. Arghgh and yet all those distractions.... Confused
(04-07-2013, 02:17 PM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]it is all about the moment! another teacher that I love lots, David R. Hawkins, formulated it this way... when someone asks him "what do I have to do to become enlightened" he replies "well just stop being unenlightened" lol
meaning it is there. It is always there, we just don't realize it.

I agree. Ra said it too, and put it in so many different ways:

...Meanwhile the Creator lies within. (49.6)

...the crown is already upon the head and the entity is potentially a god. (49.6)

...The self-healing distortion is effected through realization of the intelligent infinity resting within. (12.31)

And there are other quotes which I can't remember now. And actually it leads me to the question in your first post:

(04-07-2013, 07:17 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Is all we need to consciously make it to 4D, to embrace the present moment?

Look what Ra said here:

Ra, 17.2 Wrote:...the most important being the radiation of realization of oneness with the Creator from the self, less important being information such as we share with you.

The *most* important is the radiation of realization of oneness with the Creator...

I'm not sure you have to consciously realize it in order to make it to 4D, but in regards to helping another entity to make it to 4D, this realization, in Ra's thinking, is the *most* important one! Confused

Meerie

.. and this realization of oneness with the creator happens in...
the moment!
I suppose
Tongue
not tomorrow and not yesterday
Let's say in the present you are being viciously attacked by another whether it be torture, being shot at or something one would consider horrible.

How would these very things contain love? I know they are love but how are they love? Why are they love? I don't intend to be a Debbie Downer. I just wish to know if anyone has a clear answer. Smile

Also, I don't think enjoying the present means ignoring or rejecting the past or future but embracing the past that made the present and how the present will make the future; Embracing it all as one, if you will. In others word, the present isn't single but a product of the past and the creator of the future.
(04-07-2013, 03:57 PM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ].. and this realization of oneness with the creator happens in...
the moment!
I suppose
Tongue
not tomorrow and not yesterday

Do you mean that you didn't get the memo? Check your spam filter, it's probably stuck there!

Here it is anyway:

"Dear beloved incarnated being,

You wanted an experience, so I granted you it.

Now you look for me everywhere. It doesn't matter where you look, and it doesn't matter how. I am always with you.

When you become ready to embrace me, I will be where I have always been, since before time - with you, never separated, in the very moment when you see me. I yearn for you so much!

Remember I am always with you, even when you think I'm not. I always love you, even when you think I don't. I am always here, where you are, even if you think I am somewhere else.

Can't wait to see you!

Truly yours,
God/Creator/Intelligent Infinity/Whatever you want to call me. <3"

BigSmile
(04-07-2013, 04:28 PM)Adonai-1 Wrote: [ -> ]Let's say in the present you are being viciously attacked by another whether it be torture, being shot at or something one would consider horrible.

How would these very things contain love? I know they are love but how are they love? Why are they love? I don't intend to be a Debbie Downer. I just wish to know if anyone has a clear answer. Smile

Also, I don't think enjoying the present means ignoring or rejecting the past or future but embracing the past that made the present and how the present will make the future; Embracing it all as one, if you will. In others word, the present isn't single but a product of the past and the creator of the future.

I'll put the scenario in context. WWII-- a Nazi soldier is shooting you. Why? Because he wants his family and country to prosper and believes what he is doing is right. He is shooting you out of love for his country. Same thing applies with terrorists-- they may be infringing on other's free-will, but its out of some type of love, whether pure or distorted. Really viewing anything from the other/self's point of view can allow you to see the love in that moment.
(04-07-2013, 11:20 PM)MarcRammer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2013, 04:28 PM)Adonai-1 Wrote: [ -> ]Let's say in the present you are being viciously attacked by another whether it be torture, being shot at or something one would consider horrible.

I'll put the scenario in context. WWII-- a Nazi soldier is shooting you. Why? Because he wants his family and country to prosper and believes what he is doing is right. He is shooting you out of love for his country. Same thing applies with terrorists-- they may be infringing on other's free-will, but its out of some type of love, whether pure or distorted. Really viewing anything from the other/self's point of view can allow you to see the love in that moment.

This is very true and that's a narrower perspective I need to account for. It's especially more real than what I am trying to understand:

How do we find love in our agony and in the infringement of our freewill than beyond it being the creator himself? How do we begin to see even the most ugly, painful things as service towards the creator's goals and as loving as the creator?

How would these very things contain love? I know they are love but how are they love? Why are they love?

I very much liked this post from you, Adonai-1.

Very salient questions, albeit, deeply troublesome ones, in my opinion. In order to try attempting some form of answers to these questions, we need to understand what exactly 'love' is. Of course, we all know that this is much easier said than done, given the clumsiness of our languages, the profoundly abstract nature of such concepts, and the fact that this third density is not a density of knowing, even subjectively (like Ra put it). However, they still are important questions for meditation and pondering, in my opinion.

In an indirect way, in my opinion, Ra first offered a 'definition' of love, that is tangible, in 16.21 --

Quote:16.21 Questioner: Can you give me some kind of history of your social memory complex and how you became aware of the Law of One?

Ra: I am Ra. The path of our learning is graven in the present moment. There is no history, as we understand your concept. Picture, if you will, a circle of being. We know the alpha and omega as infinite intelligence. The circle never ceases. It is present. The densities we have traversed at various points in the circle correspond to the characteristics of cycles: first, the cycle of awareness; second, the cycle of growth; third, the cycle of self-awareness; fourth, the cycle of love or understanding; fifth, the cycle of light or wisdom; sixth, the cycle of light/love, love/light, or unity; seventh, the gateway cycle; eighth, the octave which moves into a mystery we do not plumb.

There, love can simply be classified as understanding. And what is understanding? In my opinion, understanding is a deeper insight into what motivates certain thoughts and actions, which on the surface may seem inexplicable, unwarranted, or even purely evil. Of course, there is another definition of love, which is more archetypal in nature and belongs to the realm of universal creative faculties --

Quote:27.13 Questioner: Is Love— is there a manifestation of love that we could call vibration?

Ra: I am Ra. Again we reach semantic difficulties. The vibration or density of love or understanding is not a term used in the same sense as the second distortion, Love; the distortion Love being the great activator and primal co-Creator of various creations using intelligent infinity; the vibration love being that density in which those who have learned to do an activity called “loving” without significant distortion, then seek the ways of light or wisdom. Thus in vibratory sense love comes into light in the sense of the activity of unity in its free will. Love uses light and has the power to direct light in its distortions. Thus vibratory complexes recapitulate in reverse the creation in its unity, thus showing the rhythm or flow of the great heartbeat, if you will use this analogy.

However, we are more concerned here with the activity called "loving"! Now, when we classify love as simply a sense of understanding, can we have a more tangible formulation of that in real life scenarios? I think that is where this illustration from the LOO might help --
Quote:42.3 Questioner: I will attempt to make an analogy. If an animal, shall I say a bull in a pen, attacks you because you have wandered into his pen, you get out of his way rapidly but you do not blame him. Or, you do not have much of an emotional response other than the fear response that he might damage you. However, if you encounter another self in his territory and he attacks you, your response may be more of an emotional nature creating physical bodily responses. Am I correct in assuming that when your response to the animal and to the other-self seeing both as the Creator and loving both and understanding their action in attacking you is the action of their free will then you have balanced yourself correctly in this area? Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is basically correct. However, the balanced entity will see in the seeming attack of an other-self the causes of this action which are, in most cases, of a more complex nature than the cause of the attack of the second-density bull as was your example. Thus this balanced entity would be open to many more opportunities for service to a third-density other-self.

Now, let us take the above example and extrapolate it into a more identifiable real-world human scenario. An individual (named ABC), say a deeply spiritual and law abiding person, gets attacked for no reason by a stranger (named XYZ) on the road. Let us say, hypothetically, that the attack was extremely brutal. The attacker and the attacked are unknown to each other and on the surface, it makes no sense, apart from the fact that the poor victim was in the wrong place at the wrong time. XYZ is now charged, arraigned and imprisoned for the brutal and unacceptable attack. Let us say that ABC reflects on the entire situation in his hospital bed, replays the scenes several times in his head, feels rage enveloping him due to the senseless nature of the attack, which has put him and his family on the line, due to the fact that he is a single parent for three children and the sole bread winner! Let us also assume that ABC is left disabled for life, due to the attack. There, you have all the ingredients of what we would generally call unfair and evil, especially if we look at XYZ's photos published across the media and find it loathsome, which is exacerbated due to the fact that he is not what we would call good looking, but fairly ugly.

As ABC's body heals in the hospital, like he has done for many months after the attack, he reflects on the attack and suddenly finds himself looking into the eyes of XYZ during the attack. ABC gets a sense that though XYZ's eyes were filled with fearsome violent rage; somehow now, reflecting back on them in hindsight, they also seemed to contain a deep sense of pain and longing. ABC is now intrigued. After getting discharged from hospital and having rehabilitated himself back into family and community life (following the disability, as well), ABC decides to go meet XYZ in prison, in order to find an answer to the haunting question of why XYZ chose to attack him, while there was absolutely no rhyme or reason. Out of curiosity, let us say that ABC also decides to research the background of XYZ, before going to meet him.

As ABC wades into the background of XYZ from various sources, he finds a picture developing, before him, of a sweet and promising little child, who at one stage started being repeatedly brutalized and sodomized by his beast of a father. Those early, deep and indelible scars meant that XYZ never grew up into a 'normal' adolescent or adult, as he developed various serious mental conditions along the way, like probably hallucinations, nightmares with flashbacks, etc. Due to all this, a pattern emerged that suggested strongly that as a result of unspeakable abuse, lack of a support ecology (that could have otherwise bailed him out from the situation of parental abuse), and a sense of deep abandonment, XYZ was never able to develop life skills, lacked any proper education, did not hold down a stable job, nor was he able to develop meaningful relationships, especially with the opposite sex. All this left XYZ further isolated and he drifted deeper and deeper into the abyss of mental illness, and began to slide in and out of mental institutions. Also, XYZ's unemployment benefits were running out and he was facing severe rejection on the job front, with his profile being ridiculed due to inconsistency and lack of skills.

Now, let us assume that on the morning of the attack, XYZ happened to meet one of his old school friends, who has gone on to make it really big in life. Now, XYZ may begin attributing all that to the stable family life that his friend enjoyed and may form certain unspoken connections in his head, seething and frothing at his father for his wretched state in the world. Moreover, XYZ is also under heavy medication for his dangerous mental conditions. After accidentally bumping into his friend and finding out about his great state of affairs, XYZ is bursting inside with envy and with resentment against what he perceives as unfair fate. And in that state, walks down the road. Now, on the road, he sees ABC, who resembles XYZ's father in a very uncanny and profound way. On seeing ABC, XYZ becomes completely impulsive and gives in to the raging fire of revenge and resentment, as he now, in a delusive and hallucinatory manner, sees his father, the tormentor of his life and dreams, in the outer resemblance of ABC.

Now, with those twin backgrounds, let us consider the situation wherein ABC decides to go meet XYZ in prison. XYZ finally reveals to him his side of the story of that fateful morning. Now, ABC realizes the facts behind the intense rage evident in XYZ's eyes, but moreover, ABC also realizes that the feeling of longing, evident simultaneously in those eyes, were due to the thought, perhaps, that -- 'Father, if only you had been loving and normal to me, like everybody else?'.

Now, what does ABC do, mentally?

Quote:46.16 Questioner: What is the plan for use of the catalyst of cancer?

Ra: I am Ra. The catalyst, and all catalyst, is designed to offer experience. This experience in your density may be loved and accepted or it may be controlled. These are the two paths. When neither path is chosen the catalyst fails in its design and the entity proceeds until catalyst strikes it which causes it to form a bias towards acceptance and love or separation and control. There is no lack of space/time in which this catalyst may work.
@adonia

Take the symbol of the lotus flower; the murky and muddy water is what is needed to produce the beautiful flower. Death brings life, all is beauty. Accept all with no preconceived ideas of what should be, and from there decide what is agony. Also, remember that infringements on free will are an illusion, since our higher self works out those 'deals' to get pain for else to help us grow. Attachment to anything beyond 'the now' breeds discontentment and agony.
(04-07-2013, 11:20 PM)MarcRammer Wrote: [ -> ]Really viewing anything from the other/self's point of view can allow you to see the love in that moment.

Excellently well said! I guess I wrote a very long post just to bring this out, while you had already done it in a beautiful and succinct manner! BigSmile

Thanks, MR. Smile
Heh, I see. And I agree with you, undoubtedly.

I guess I am trying to learn to embrace agony as love itself and love the agony as it is. Paradoxically, the best way to love agony is to embrace the pain and any dread or rejection you feel. Then you can learn to love it.

It seems the layer of humanistic elements of rape and torture has blinded me for a moment from what actually exists.
(04-08-2013, 01:46 AM)Adonai-1 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the layer of humanistic elements of rape and torture has blinded me for a moment from what actually exists.

They have caused the same in me, too, Adonai-1. I have ranted and railed against the One Infinite Creator for that, and against the greater hierarchy of powers (like the galactic logos). I have poured my heart out and have cried bitterly into the nights. I have gotten so depressed and frightened by them that I have lashed out as a demon, against people I could.

Thus, I am with you, there, brother, for I know what you mean and, probably, know against what you struggle Heart
s*** I really am an insensitive jerk. Huh.

Meerie

do you realize what just happened? you let your mind wander into some possible negative future scenario...
and away from the present moment?
I dunno, much of this speculation seems so futile.. I mean I have done this, too, and alas still continue to do it, for example if I am scared of a certain event, I tend to imagine worst case scenarios. Usually when this event then takes place I realize that it was never as bad as I imagined and that i just wasted so much time speculating, being caught in a negative spiral. Sometimes those negative thoughts also influence what happened later, sort of like a self fulfilling prophecy.
I guess trust comes into play, trust in the universe and that whatever happens I deal with it when it happens Tongue
Well said, merrie. My wife struggles with the same think and her imagination takes her into dark places. To comfort her, I call her to this moment and show her love is here right now, and it always will be.
Here are some thoughts that I had just now while reading this thread. These are just spur of the moment thoughts so bear with me and feel free to point out any goofiness in my thinking.

I think that living in the moment is a matter of perspective. When you consider things from the limited perspective of your 3D mind/body/spirit complex you can have thoughts like "Oh I will never have that much fun again," or "this is the worst thing that will ever happen to me," or "I am never going to be able to experience that thing that I want." However, if you take the perspective that your soul is eternal and that the all moments are simultaneous then all of those thoughts transform and suddenly you can trust that those joyous moments are always there, just as those bad experiences are always there and that you will always be experiencing what you desire at some point in your journey. You can trust that all of those things will be experienced at some point and just stop focusing on them and let things come as they may, understanding that what happens now is what is meant to be happening now . . . like you can trust that your higher self knows what it is doing as it lays the road down in front of you and stop worrying about it and just have love and gratitude for being able to have the experience.

When bad things are happening to you, torture or rape or what have you, if you can take your perspective out of the limited 3D view then perhaps you can realize that you and your torturer may have agreed to do this before you incarnated in order for you both to have this experience and learn from it. It may sound callous or insensitive, but perhaps you are allowing yourself to have this experience in order to realize that perhaps we need not do these things anymore. In this case the love in the moment may be the caring love of the soul and the planetary consciousness teaching itself, allowing us to process these experiences and work through them together so that we can choose whether we want to continue them or not, allowing us to progress into a more loving way of life.
Love is like the air, you are constantly surrounded by it an breathing it, but so often we forget it's there.
(04-08-2013, 02:15 AM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2013, 01:46 AM)Adonai-1 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the layer of humanistic elements of rape and torture has blinded me for a moment from what actually exists.

They have caused the same in me, too, Adonai-1. I have ranted and railed against the One Infinite Creator for that, and against the greater hierarchy of powers (like the galactic logos). I have poured my heart out and have cried bitterly into the nights. I have gotten so depressed and frightened by them that I have lashed out as a demon, against people I could.

Thus, I am with you, there, brother, for I know what you mean and, probably, know against what you struggle Heart

This was very intersting... I too had my share of catalysts, not much unlike Confused's...

My belief is that these experiences need to be seated within first, before the light and the love can be fully accepted, because otherwise, and this is my personal experience, the love and the light is just not accepted.

If there is such a darkness and such a suffering, how is one supposed to "believe" in love and light? How can love and light, being the almighty One Infinite Creator, allow such things to happen? These thoughts need work, and all experiences need to be seated before the opposite, the complete light and love can be accepted, in my experience and understanding...

It never worked for me to overcome something, or to ignore it, and that's why I had troubles with accepting most of the philosophies and spiritual beliefs in the past. Because in my thinking, they weren't honest. And since the self can not be honest regarding the dark aspects of this illusion, how can it be honest regarding the light and love? That was the main reason to why I in the past thought of love and light to be fake sometimes... Both the light coming from within me and the light that others sometimes shared, when they were trying to be "loving". It's not that they and I were or are actually fake in this regard per se, but the problem was that the darkness was not accepted yet, and I could sense it. So the light and the love were perceived to be fake... This was indeed intresting... Smile
Karmic reparation is not the only reason why one would choose suffering. Karma ceases to exist for an individual that knows how to forgive itself and others. Even then, one does not choose to cease suffering or reject darkness.

I believe the love in darkness extends far beyond mere karma. The goal is never to remove oneself from darkness or hate but integrate with it as one being and function in harmony.