Bring4th

Full Version: Slacking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone consider themselves a slacker or "lazy"? If so do you think it's somehow related to your wandererness?

I don't see anything particularly wrong with being a slacker but most societies do. I think moral behaviour is more important than "working hard", I'd much rather see a world full of peaceful potheads and kind couch potatoes than one full of people who work alot but don't treat other people well, which is what I see now.
Yeah, I am particularly lazy. Not even looking forward to a vacation that my mom is planning. I usually like to sit at home and do nothing. It could be related to being a wanderer. I'm radiating a certain vibration, and I feel that is enough. I get tired of doing much else. It's hard to motivate myself to do chores. The other day I was helping my mom to dig a hole by breaking up some rock with a pickaxe, and after just a couple of swings I was getting worn out. My diet isn't all that either. I'm out of my job on disability till middle of May, so it's easy to be lazy.
I'm not so much a slacker but easily bored. I tried working tough jobs at one point but I found myself becoming very depressed and numb. I realized when people are compelled to work over 40 hour weeks with not much free time they lose a lot of their will. Intelligent, loving people aren't meant to be with this way. Machines are. And that's what some powerful people want: Dependent tax-paying machines.

If everyone decided to become a couch potato after realizing how much this working culture sucks, we might just see change due to a stalling economy.

So, no I don't see a problem with laziness. It's a symptom of a larger problem. It's a symptom that an economy isn't serving all of its people very well.

Unbound

Boredom tends to come when inspiration is low, and apathy is in the mind.

That being said, Id probably be classified as a 'slacker' because I do not do conventional work.
(04-08-2013, 03:04 PM)Adonai-1 Wrote: [ -> ]... I realized when people are compelled to work over 40 hour weeks with not much free time they lose a lot of their will. Intelligent, loving people aren't meant to be with this way. Machines are. And that's what some powerful people want: Dependent tax-paying machines.

If everyone decided to become a couch potato after realizing how much this working culture sucks, we might just see change due to a stalling economy.

So, no I don't see a problem with laziness. It's a symptom of a larger problem. It's a symptom that an economy isn't serving all of its people very well.

I agree wholeheartedly.
I guess slacking is a relative state of being. Like Adonai-1 I am easily bored. I have somewhat of a "been there done that" thought process (often because I've been there and done that).

And like The Eternal, I don't currently work in a "traditional" job. So even the thought of going back to that lifestyle is downright loathsome to me.

Otherwise, I have worked hard all my life, and compared to many people (even people who do have traditional jobs and work 40+ hours a week, I stay very busy. But often, and more so lately, I find I really have to push myself to "go do."

I wonder, if everyone became a couch potato, how would anything get done? How would we eat, or have clean water, or . . . I guess I'm too old to catch that vision. When I look at that potential scenario, all I see is everyone starving to death and moving on to the next lifetime.
(04-08-2013, 03:34 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]How would we eat, or have clean water, or . . . I guess I'm too old to catch that vision. When I look at that potential scenario, all I see is everyone starving to death and moving on to the next lifetime.

I am not advocating a life of laziness but laziness as a form of protest.
(04-08-2013, 03:41 PM)Adonai-1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2013, 03:34 PM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]How would we eat, or have clean water, or . . . I guess I'm too old to catch that vision. When I look at that potential scenario, all I see is everyone starving to death and moving on to the next lifetime.

I am not advocating a life of laziness but laziness as a form of protest.

LOL - since I posted my previous comment I have been to the library, planted some veggies in the cold frame, done 2 loads of laundry, gone to the grocery store for a couple of things I needed for dinner, made two business calls and played my game on Facebook (and made a few comments).

Now I'm going to cook dinner.

Hungry?

Cool

Unbound

What if a person spends most of their time meditating?
I sit around staring off into space quite a lot (yes that is why I chose this username)
(04-08-2013, 05:08 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]What if a person spends most of their time meditating?

It is not my place to say what anyone else should or should not do. The questions posed was if anyone else considered themselves to be a "a slacker." And my second post was really meant to be humorous in response to Adonai-1's post about laziness.

I was simply sharing a little of myself. I certainly make no judgments about anyone else.

The truth is - even having accomplished a few things today, I still feel like a "slacker" because I know how much more I might have accomplished and actually wanted to accomplish.

But I would also add that for me, life is a meditation whether I am up and active, doing laundry, reading Facebook, digging in the garden, or even sitting and meditating more deeply.
(04-08-2013, 05:08 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]What if a person spends most of their time meditating?

Meditation trumps any other activity imo.
(04-09-2013, 04:33 AM)Aureus Wrote: [ -> ]

Meditation trumps any other activity imo.

If you miss work for the sake of meditation and or sending of love to other self, self, all self in a healthy straightforward manner. Almost everyone seems to be alright with it, within limits, and I almost always get into no trouble.

IT does take me to imagine my good side self (Which up until lately was a goddess self) being nice to the person in exchange for not being angry. Usually I See the result of said commitment to be nice several days or weeks later in some astral / TV show form and I go "huh, so thats what happened so that I wasnt shouted at and everything went well."

Starting to feel like a normal human being again.
(04-08-2013, 02:58 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone consider themselves a slacker or "lazy"? If so do you think it's somehow related to your wandererness?

I don't see anything particularly wrong with being a slacker but most societies do. I think moral behaviour is more important than "working hard", I'd much rather see a world full of peaceful potheads and kind couch potatoes than one full of people who work alot but don't treat other people well, which is what I see now.

I work three days a week, and survive quite well.

but my dad considers me a 'slacker' lol

society makes value judgements on what is considered useful and non-useful uses of time.

quite often there is an extended period of twirling of the thumbs before an insight is made.

the lives of creative individuals will provide clues about the temperament that is connected to deep-self and able to bring inspiration through.

the character of Don Draper (fictional), could be considered a 'slacker' and yet he is most 'productive' in a way that is a mystery to his peers.