Bring4th

Full Version: Burning out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello readers

I wish to thank you in advance for your possible answers to this query:

I would like to have a minimum of information about the consequences of a spiritual burn out, and how can one know when one went too far?
When a student signs up for too many courses and begins to fail what he has taken on, the wise solution would be to cease studying then to relax and regain your energy. Once you are whole, take less courses than you did before as you engage in your learning once again.

Unbound

If one is beginning to ask questions such as this, it may suggest their highest self is indicating the need for reflection upon one's path.
Thank you for the reply.
I can only agree with this statement. It's been years since I have not moved from Book 1 of the Law of One, as it takes much time to put all that into practice, let alone the rest.. with course of time.
But in this topic I was referring to what The Confederation calls the Queen's chamber position or configuration, when one is doing work in consciousness in excess.. I understand that one would not want to make these sessions last longer than one feels deeply comfortable, which is what I attemt to do each time, but often I wonder where is the line between having a little more will to continue longer, and willing to do more than one can.. And also, what would be the signs and consequences of such a spiritual burn out..
Thanks

"If one is beginning to ask questions such as this, it may suggest their highest self is indicating the need for reflection upon one's path. "

This is very much worth considering. Certainly I would agree that this is always more or less the case.
From personal experience: the mind/ego also tends to resist in going deeper at times - sometimes it does so because I think, it tries to protect us from fear by avoiding the inner issues in an attempt to shield us, when in fact it is precisely going deeper and have the self face the self for true healing/change to occur.
I know I've had my fair share of burning out. I got to where I was hallucinating people around me, and thinking I was talking to God. There were also notions of heaven and hell in there. Pretty scary stuff.
Thank you for writting about your experience Gemini Wolf
When you get to the "Just one more turn" mentality about your own soul. You need an extended break.

Back in Finland. During the winter war. When the lines were about to collapse and the situation was most critical and everyone was freaking out. Mannerheim (The Finnish war-leader at that time) simply ordered everyone (edit: Everyone making decisions/command officers) to have a full nights rest.

The conflict would not be decided in the next 8 hours but decisions made under bad influence or while tired during the next 8 hours could cost everyone the conflict.

Hope that anecdote helps.
(04-08-2013, 05:26 PM)Ri_Al_Aizaid Wrote: [ -> ]Hello readers

I wish to thank you in advance for your possible answers to this query:

I would like to have a minimum of information about the consequences of a spiritual burn out, and how can one know when one went too far?

in my dreams, I often see food as a metaphor for spiritual information.

and much like food, when you've had too much spiriritual information you feel sated and lose desire.

it regulates itself.

past a certain point, exposure to catalyst just leaves one dull and non-responsive.

the ability to assimilate and process is more important than the quantity of experience you have.

- -

Ra said that working from daybreak to sunset without any 'thinking time' inhibited the ability of an entity to appreciate the Law of One.

having worked part-time for many years, I can appreciate the value of this statement.

contemplation time is vital to the spiritual growth process.

Brittany

I have burnout every few months. I get to the point I don't want to talk spirituality at all, and mentions of it only leave me irritated. Usually I reduce my spiritual quest to basic maintenance and take some time to recharge, relax and get my everyday life in order, then sooner or later I'm ready to go again. If you've had too much to think, a visit to the spiritual lavatory is sometimes in order.

Ludi

edited
One can get overly serious, overly eager, overly intense, overly attempting to reach and make something "happen" by great, strenuous exercise of personal will, whether in terms of attempting to serve others, or more specifically in terms of changing ones own state of consciousness.

This can leave one depleted, over-extended, and, as you said, burnt out.

I think there should be a balance between striving and allowing, using effort and relaxing, focus and distraction, etc. As indicated above, burn out is likely a situation of imbalance in the direction of personal will and effort. Too much trying and attempt to control and attachment to outcome, too little allowing and resting and being with the moment *as it is*.

Thusly it is always a good idea to find time to relax, rest, and enjoy oneself with distraction and, to the extent it's not self-destructive or harmful to others, pleasure, ease, release. This is especially well if one is feeling particularly toasted, in exhaustion, and/or doubt, and/or disappointment, and/or disillusionment.

I see the conscious mind as the captain of a ship in some ways. The captain sets the course, does her best to read the waves, star, and sky in order to navigate the path, make decisions as the circumstances change, work with the crew, etc. But the captain is not carrying the entire ship. She must step back and allow the crew to do its work *according to* the intentions set by the captain.

How does this translate to this situation? In terms of your personal will and effort, you can set and refine your intention. You can more skillfully choose your course, distill and aim your desires, and analyze the available data at hand. But you have to step back and allow the deeper self (i.e., the crew) to its part, processing your intentions and allowing that information to sink in. I think most of the work, actually, takes place below the threshold of waking, conscious awareness.

In this way you're not attached to outcome. You set the intentions, you do the work that is within your sphere of responsibility and capability, and the rest happens as it will.

When you feel the energy and the need and the inspiration to return to the job at hand, you return, remembering that you are not getting to your "destination", so to speak, by personal will - you are rather setting the intention, and allowing the remainder of self to respond to that intention. Naturally the more pure and consistent and patient unattached-to-outcome the intention, the more efficacious will be its effect and manifestation.

I just had my coffee. Hopefully this makes sense. If not, Lynn offered some solid advice: visit the spiritual lavatory. Frequently. = )
The core of spirituality seems to me to be going with the flow, following your bliss, etc. so if something feels forced and straining then you're probably not polarizing STO. Just relax and be mindful, then you can be spiritual and not only avoid burnout but heal from it too.
There is a way to check your burnout level.

If you can enjoy yourself now but do not do so out of what ever reason except that you are already enjoying yourself more than any other option would allow, you've burnt out.
Quote:But in this topic I was referring to what The Confederation calls the Queen's chamber position or configuration, when one is doing work in consciousness in excess.. I understand that one would not want to make these sessions last longer than one feels deeply comfortable, which is what I attemt to do each time, but often I wonder where is the line between having a little more will to continue longer, and willing to do more than one can.. And also, what would be the signs and consequences of such a spiritual burn out..

Just to add to everyone else's great advice, a few quotes from Ra on the Queen's Chamber position:

Quote:55.11 Questioner: This would indicate to me that in the Great Pyramid at Giza, the Queen’s Chamber, as it is called, would be the chamber used for initiation. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. Again, you penetrate the outer teaching.

The Queen’s Chamber would not be appropriate or useful for healing work as that work involves the use of energy in a more synergic configuration rather than the configuration of the centered being.

Quote:57.14 Questioner: What is the aid or the mechanism of the aid received for meditation by an entity who would be positioned in the so-called Queen’s Chamber position?

Ra: I am Ra. Consider the polarity of mind/body/spirit complexes. The inner light is that which is your heart of being. Its strength equals your strength of will to seek the light. The position or balanced position of a group intensifies the amount of this will, the amount of awareness of the inner light necessary to attract the in-streaming light upward spiraling from the south magnetic pole of being.

Thus this is the place of the initiate, for many extraneous items or distortions will leave the entity as it intensifies its seeking, so that it may become one with this centralized and purified in-coming light.

It sounds like the Queen Chamber position aligns one to accept teachings from 'the other' (One Infinite Creator) rather than themselves (Higher Self). If one was to get tired or inattentive in this state, they could possibly face some dire consequences in accepting ideas or exercises that do not resonate with their higher self. So I would think that might play into the warning...

Ultimately tho, the type of meditation attached to that warning would probably take a great deal of energy to obtain or maintain (i'm not so talented that way personally), so it could also manifest as a sort of physical symptom(s) or even just a mental depletion of some sort (depression?). I think the signs and warnings would be in maintaining focus and discipline; not getting sloppy or bored about it. When, as you say, the act becomes less than deeply comfortable, we are prone to make mistakes under pressure. To the same extent, comfort can also turn to ignorance very quickly, so that is the pitfall on the other side of the spectrum. As always, balance is key Smile