Bring4th

Full Version: your spirit guides
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
dear all,
i'd like to share a thing with you.

hope you like

Simple Ways & Steps to Connect to our Spirit Guides

You may not believe it but we all have a spirit guide. We just don’t know it. First of all, a spirit guide is a disincarnate entity that serves as a guide for an incarnate human being. This term was coined and popularly applied by the western tradition of many spiritualist churches, mediums, as well as psychics. In fact, it is interesting to note that our saints are also considered as guides along with other enlightened individuals.

Your spirit guides are there to help you in any way they can with regards to achieving the best that you can be and coming up with the best decisions in your life. However, it is not they who decide for you as they only guide you and enlighten you while you make the decisions yourself.

So how can you connect with your spirit guides? Does it take a psychic to do this? Apparently, you can connect with your spirit guides even if you are not a psychic or anything close to that.

You can do so by considering these helpful tips:

Meditate is key. Remember that to achieve connecting with your guides, you need to have peace. And the only way to do that is to relax and meditate. You can stay in one area that is peaceful and quiet. Close your eyes, relax, breathe consistently. Take in air through your nose and then let it out through your mouth.

As you do the above step, you will notice that you will start to breathe naturally this way. Once this happens, you can tell them silently that you acknowledge their presence in your life. Tell them that want to meet them at one time. This is the time you need them. Ask them to come to you and that you will be receptive to their guidance.

To connect to them, acknowledge their presence around you. You can say hi or hello even if you are alone in the room. If you feel silly, then stop for a while and continue when you are ready. In time, you will begin to feel that they are with you. In fact, in some cases, they manifest themselves through touching you or feeling your face. Don’t be afraid when this happens because they won’t harm you. They are your friends who have been by your side for longer than you know.

When you start to feel at ease, ask them for enlightenment on anything that you are experiencing. And when the message or thought arrives, accept it, let it sink in. Better yet, write it down. Don’t be selective because it may be that your guides have a different idea from yours.

The first time you connect with them may not be very fruitful with advices as you might know only their name. But this is already a good start.

It is also advised that you don’t rush into meeting all of them at once. Get to know them one by one. And for a start, work with just one of your spirit guides.

Brittany

I remember doing this elaborate ritual/visualization I got of a book in an attempt to meet my guides. It talked about how you might have to try continually, try several times, etc., making a very big deal out of the whole thing. When I finally got to the last step of the visualization, which involved entering a special meeting room, my male guide was sitting there staring at me, and said telepathically something like "Well, it took you long enough." And he showed me all sorts of things. Our guides are more than willing to help us. I think what holds a lot of people back is simply the belief that they can't or won't experience anything when asking for guidance, or they continually doubt the information they are given (not that I don't encourage discernment of ANY information received). If you genuinely believe they are there and able to assist you, the process isn't nearly as difficult as it seems.
(04-14-2013, 05:03 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]I remember doing this elaborate ritual/visualization I got of a book in an attempt to meet my guides. It talked about how you might have to try continually, try several times, etc., making a very big deal out of the whole thing. When I finally got to the last step of the visualization, which involved entering a special meeting room, my male guide was sitting there staring at me, and said telepathically something like "Well, it took you long enough." And he showed me all sorts of things. Our guides are more than willing to help us. I think what holds a lot of people back is simply the belief that they can't or won't experience anything when asking for guidance, or they continually doubt the information they are given (not that I don't encourage discernment of ANY information received). If you genuinely believe they are there and able to assist you, the process isn't nearly as difficult as it seems.

What was the title and author of this book?

Brittany

It was ages ago, so I don't really remember. I think the title was just "Channeling." It was actually a book about channeling, but had a chapter about spirit guides and stuff. I could describe the visualization if you want, though.
(04-14-2013, 08:28 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]It was ages ago, so I don't really remember. I think the title was just "Channeling." It was actually a book about channeling, but had a chapter about spirit guides and stuff. I could describe the visualization if you want, though.

I would love that.
I remember when I first got the name of my spirit guide. It said the word hur-meez and I had no clue what that meant and then while reading the emerald tablets it hit me super hard: HERMES! Since then, I've talked a lot with him, and every time I have a question I ask him and I always get a super enlightening response. Sometimes I have trouble 'tuning' my vibrations into him or something like that... But for the most part it's free, limitless guidance! Smile
(04-14-2013, 09:15 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2013, 08:28 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]It was ages ago, so I don't really remember. I think the title was just "Channeling." It was actually a book about channeling, but had a chapter about spirit guides and stuff. I could describe the visualization if you want, though.

I would love that.

You have your work cut out for you with this one aye BL.

*Nods politely and bows out*
(04-14-2013, 05:03 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]I think what holds a lot of people back is simply the belief that they can't or won't experience anything when asking for guidance, or they continually doubt the information they are given (not that I don't encourage discernment of ANY information received).

As one who is not as conscious about their guides, I find that it rings true. The thought of expectations being crushed is a dreadful one. The fear to fail and lazyness are what I let me keep from just doing it. Yet I am intellectually sure they are around, emotionally and in dreams I dare think they advice me even so. I guess my need to experience this is yet lukewarm, thus I accept what is.

I am glad to have been reminded of this more intimate possibility once more. Thank you for sharing bosphorus! .)
My guide has also shared that he is my higher self in some sense. It's too complex for me to completely understand but my best reference would be 'the dweller.' Also if you hav trouble connecting to your spirit guides because of belief issues which hinder their ability to directly communicate out of respect of free-will, try connecting with your higher self. I call it the dweller (as does Hermes in the emerald tablets) and it basically the part of you listening to your thoughts. It is mostly silent, but when you quiet your mind and open your mind, it can speak wonderous truth. You have it already, you have to but ask and receive what is yours.
(04-15-2013, 06:00 AM)Lycen Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2013, 05:03 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]I think what holds a lot of people back is simply the belief that they can't or won't experience anything when asking for guidance, or they continually doubt the information they are given (not that I don't encourage discernment of ANY information received).

As one who is not as conscious about their guides, I find that it rings true. The thought of expectations being crushed is a dreadful one. The fear to fail and lazyness are what I let me keep from just doing it. Yet I am intellectually sure they are around, emotionally and in dreams I dare think they advice me even so. I guess my need to experience this is yet lukewarm, thus I accept what is.

I am glad to have been reminded of this more intimate possibility once more. Thank you for sharing bosphorus! .)

your welcome
(04-14-2013, 05:03 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]which involved entering a special meeting room, my male guide was sitting there staring at me, and said telepathically something like "Well, it took you long enough." And he showed me all sorts of things.

This is what I do to converse with my Guides at this time as well; BrownEye told me about the technique (thanks). I visualize a room via the Imaginative faculty which I understand 'bypasses' the Veil and allows an environment to be created in the Astral, allowing Guides to pop in. First time I did this I was introduced to three different Guides; One came to me with Blond Hair and wearing Pink which I later understood by the aid of a Channeler/Psychic to be Pleiadian with a Pink Aura. It's usually all about allowing and accepting the first thing you see, thereafter the Ego construct tends to take over with the analysing/controlling and distorts what is coming through.

Quote:or they continually doubt the information they are given (not that I don't encourage discernment of ANY information received).

I still have issues with this I find, though not as much as I may have done in the beginning. For me It's more to do with 'trusting' that it is coming from a Source not of Ego/Mind or something I have made up. Though these days I usually figure that if the Information is constructive and positive what have I to lose by taking action upon regardless of the source. As one does this more you tend to find certain nuances/traits with the information given which 'hints' at the source being 'external'.

My 'Higher' Self presents himself as an old wise hooded figure in brown robes. Sort of like a slightly younger Gandalf with shorter hair Tongue.

Brittany

Sorry for the long delay. The visualization basically involves preparing a detailed inner location dedicated specifically to talking with your guides. The book suggested walking down a hallway, coming to a door and entering a room in which the guides would be met, but it can really be any type of environment. Make it as detailed as possible. You want it to feel real, and you want it to be comfortable. Somewhere you feel safe and open. This is all to reinforce in your psyche the reality that something tangible is actually going to happen.

I started with one room and eventually added others, to the point I have a whole city in my head now. There is a room I used to use for channeling and a couple of rooms to do ritual work in, and a garden I go to just to relax. This technique can be used for much more than meeting your guides.

Here is how I perceive some of my main guides:
http://ahktu.deviantart.com/art/Guides-1...1023&qo=48

The one in the front is Amun, my male guide. The female is Ingrid (obviously the female guide), and the guy in back is Daniel, who acts as a sort of guardian.

This is my androgynous guide Sam (can stand for both Samuel and Samantha), whom I met much later on.

[Image: Sam_zps28785b82.jpg]
Wow before I read your latest post and going off of your initial suggestion for visualization, I decided to use the scene from the 2nd matrix with the long hallway with all the separate doors.

As I started looking around, I figured I'd go with the one on the end since it had light coming from below it. Well it was locked and I heard someone say I'm not ready for that door yet lol. I'll keep poking around the hallway I guess