Bring4th

Full Version: "Speaking in tongues" and "The Holy Spirit"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I was very young, I attended a Christian-Pentecostal church with my grandmother. During one Sunday evening service, I came to eventually "speak in tongues" or recieve "The Holy Spirit."

My memory of this experience is hazy. In fact, right after said experience, I barely remember it at all. My grandmother told me I spent at least half an hour in a trance-like state speaking gibberish known as "tongues." I had no desire to be in this state nor had I been a very religious devotee during that time, yet it occured.

Does anyone have a strictly metaphysical explanation of what happened to me and what the gibberish known as "tongues" actually is? Q'uo has covered nothing on the subject.

L/L
Hah! Two years ago I got baptized in the spirit (before my exposure to LOO). It was quite an experiance. My heart center actually created a ton of heat that was felt by my wife right afterwards. Is it real? By all means it is a real phenomenon, but is it exactly what the charismatics say it is? That's a whole different issue.

The means by which people connect with their spirituality vary from culture to culture. Tongues in my experiance are like a raw data connection to spirit and is a type of channelling. Sometimes you connect to your higher self or spirits supporting a certain belief system.

I've had some very positive experiences with myself speaking in tongues. I feel my energy centers activate while doing it occasionally. Usually I attract very positive messages and sometimes get interpretation. I have had some disturbing experiences with people in churches speaking around me, but for the most part the vibes have been pretty pleasant.

I think it's a culture specific type of channeling and is abused by many, but it all depends on the person and their individual distortions.