Bring4th

Full Version: Increase of body temp via meditation proven and could be useful.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just came across this journal where recently it has been proven that experienced meditators can increase there body temp to slight fever levels purely through cognitive visualization of fire in and around there bodies.

Seams this has a few beneficial affects on the mind and the body. May have to begin practicing this and work it into my morning meditation. See if it provides any noticeable boost to my cognitive activity before University or during general learning.

I'am starting to notice much more western scientific investigation into eastern traditions and practices and a lot of the time they are finding them to be surprisingly beneficial. Especially in psychology, so many Eastern philosophy based therapies are now being recognized as a legit way to treat people.

Quote:Future studies of experts in g-tummo meditation who are capable of elevating and maintaining elevated CBT may offer promising research insights and approaches to investigating mechanisms of CBT regulation. Because many variables underlying neuronal functioning (e.g., transport via ion-selective channels, amplitude and duration of single-unit spikes) are temperature-dependent [42], [43], possibility of self-regulation of CBT may have a direct effect on self-regulating and maximizing neurocognitive activity. If future studies show that it is possible to self regulate CBT, by mastering vase breathing in conjunction with guided mental imagery without extensive meditation experience, it will open a wide range of possible medical and behavior interventions, such as adapting to and functioning in hostile (cold) environments, improving resistance to infections, boosting cognitive performance by speeding response time, and reducing performance problems associated with decreased body temperature as reported in human factor studies of shift work and continuous night operations
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Ado...ne.0058244

Brittany

This is interesting, because lately I've been getting slight fevers on a pretty regular basis for no apparent reason.
Here's a thought: maybe the reason we get fevers when we are sick in the first place is because a part of us subconsciously remembers that raising the body temperature is an effective way of dealing with viruses and pathogens.
Haven't been very successful in raising my temp in meditation so far, hard to tell objectively without someone measuring your temp as I feel hotter when I concentrate for awhile but hard to tell if that's just placebo or if my temp has actually been risen.

The meditators in the study where monks so perhaps it takes someone with more practice and time spent in meditation to successfully raise it to the slight fever levels. Anyone here going to give it a try ? Would be interested to hear any results.
(04-18-2013, 02:41 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]This is interesting, because lately I've been getting slight fevers on a pretty regular basis for no apparent reason.

So have I... Odd.
I was quite sick last week while overseas in America, bed ridden or should I say couch ridden for almost a week with a pretty intense fever. I managed to get an increased sensation of heat in this mornings meditation but today is a hot and humid day here so it could just be that hehe. Also in the journal it states that they start the heating from the lower spine, where as I noticed the increase of heat in my arms and head mostly.

Apparently the monks say they use the heat method to achieve deeper levels of concentration, makes sense if one can use the focus of breathe/visualization of objects why not use concentration on sensations like hot or cold to improve the minds concentration. I wonder if the opposite affect could be achieved in visualizing cold, perhaps to slow the heart rate and other bodily processes, a sort of self-induced hibernation.
(04-18-2013, 10:33 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2013, 02:41 PM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]This is interesting, because lately I've been getting slight fevers on a pretty regular basis for no apparent reason.

So have I... Odd.

Most of my Soc Mem Complex seems to be exhausted and or sick/tired despite insane amounts of harmony + health benefits. IT seems "we're all" old/sick, not just injured/sick.

Seems remotely like the tiredness at the end of the 5th D.

Brittany

I feel about 80 years old. And that's just in human terms.
I have a general opinion that My age is between 115 and 1000.

Edit: Clarification as to why.

When I am super immersed in a story and the distinction between me as the individual playing and "him" as the charachter being played vanishes I consider my experienced in the game world to be year equivelant to my real experiences. So that if I spend 10 years in a game world with the emotional impact of 10 years but it takes me 3 weeks. I Consider myself in physical body to be 3 weeks older but in emotion 10 years older.

That means that if I play a game where I am an ancient galactic savior, I in astral hold the energy of being a galactic savior. I consider it a part of my actual life story but only if the immersion is complete enough to prevent the sensation of "thats not what I would do in that situation." If all options along the lines of what I would prefer to do are allowed in the game then I consider it a "real" experience in a way.

Therefore, if I calculate the rough time I've spent in terms of "thinking I'm there" in all realms and realities where time flows differently than here then my age is between 115 and 1000 years. OR that is roughly as far as I've gotten in terms of putting my life experiences in this body into a reasonable way of looking at the total time spent.
My therapist used to make the therapy room really hot and he told me there were benefits to heat so I can see where this research is coming from... I used to call it Bikram Psychotherapy lol. The more heavy emotions I was trying to process, and actually working thru my stuff, the more I'd sweat. It was a great physiological indicator that told me that I was really doing the work. Even in a breezy room I saw clients sweating a lot when we were doing deep work... so whatever the mechanism, it's a sign of some natural healing process.
In Finland we call it Sauna.
(04-20-2013, 02:08 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]My therapist used to make the therapy room really hot and he told me there were benefits to heat so I can see where this research is coming from... I used to call it Bikram Psychotherapy lol. The more heavy emotions I was trying to process, and actually working thru my stuff, the more I'd sweat. It was a great physiological indicator that told me that I was really doing the work. Even in a breezy room I saw clients sweating a lot when we were doing deep work... so whatever the mechanism, it's a sign of some natural healing process.

The tribes in America/South America used to have ceremonies where they would create a sauna like tent and sit in there sweating.

Still not much luck for me in achieving it in meditation, perhaps the assistance of some marijuana tonight will help. I can get the usual buzz of energy and make it feel hotter to a degree but I would imagine actually raising the temp to low fever levels would be pretty obviously felt within the body.

Anyone else want to try this and report back ?