Bring4th

Full Version: Using Books and Television as a Catalyst
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While absorbing the experience from a book or a movie is not as profound as experiencing the situation reality yourself, many catalystic paths may open when you try to see from the various perspectives of the characters in the stories.

While anime may not be the cup of tea for everyone, they can be very extreme and direct with their storylines, with the aim to provoke your emotions quite a bit. Here's an anime I just watched based on the story Count of Monte Cristo, called Gankutsuou.

It is an extremely depressing anime showcasing the base evils of human beings. There are moments of positive redemption to contrast against the deep negativity, so if you watch more than 2 episodes, make sure you finish watching the entire thing. I almost couldn't bear to watch the entire thing due to the negativity, but the way it plays out is beautiful. The reason I liked it a lot because it resonates with what I've read from this site and from LOO. It's similar to how Extremely Negative aligned beings think and act, and then the highly positive gains that may be found from such a strong catalyst.

Here's a link to view the show: http://www.anilinkz.com/gankutsuou/ganku...episode-1/

Hope you find it useful as much as I did. Before I read the LOO I would have just seen it as another depressing show, but now it was quite a nice catalyst.

ayadew

I love Gankutsuou. One of the best anime's I've seen, together with Vampire Hunter D, Grave Of The Fireflies and Ghost In the Shell (1).
There's not much else I can recommend though.. BigSmile

They were a fantastic catalyst in my early years, opening up my heart to knowledge intense feelings. 'Simulated' emotional environments can be as good as real ones in my experience. In the end, what is 'real'?
I wanted to stop watching Gankutsuou part way through because it was so negative, (I wanted to keep my mindset positive lately) but I toughed it out and was not disappointed at how they portrayed using catalysts within the storyline itself. Quite an interesting parallel to LOO stuff.

Yes agreed, simulated emotional environments are great to learn from. Just like how I try to be in other people's shoes in real life too, can do the same for simulated stuff.

Here's an awesome ost from Aquarion anime, half japanese half english lyrics. Talks about loving the same person over tens of thousands and even millions of years through reincarnations. When I hear the song, I think about how I would love to live through the same feelings, and interact with that level of pure love in an advanced social complex setting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI_WF4ml21c
I watched Fistful of Dollars the other day. I don't think I've ever seen the early Clint Eastwood stuff. Magnificent film. One of the finest depictions of STO/STS dichotomy that I have ever seen. The villain in it is just 'stone cold'. Great atmosphere, amazing score. Loved it.

- -

tv shows/movies/pc games can be used to polarise the unmanifest self. It is closer to 5d study/learning (individual) rather than 4d or 6d which is more group oriented, and centered around interacting directly with other entities.

of course, it's not a case of either/or. Use all of the options available to you Smile