Bring4th

Full Version: Newbie with some questions 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Havent had an experience with posting or forums so if this is improper protocol to respond to responses- oops. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post, much appreciated.

Everything changed for me when I read the "Four agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz I bought into his teachings completely. Prior to reading this book I was a hardcore athiest, thought that belief in god was completely delusional and functioned as a means of control over the masses through fear. I believe unconditionally that we are all manifestions of god and are only limited by our own beliefs. The Toltecs and and ancient Hawaiians believed in unlimited power but had differing thoughts, in my opinion, regarding the existince of negative or harmful energies. My gut or intuition tells me that as long as there is congruency in thought and action there would be no reprocussions for this. More specifically, your intent has to be that of unconditional love with no alterior motives. I have spent the night researching the teachings of Huna and think this is possible by incorporating the breathing techiques such as the Ha or Kahuna breathing method to store energy or mana. What if the key to stopping all of this madness is to merge all into one-get everyone on the same page and the experience of hell on this planet stops. Holla.
Welcome to the forum!

Re: Huna. I am going to take my Native Hawaiian cultural perspective here because there is much misunderstanding of 'Hawaiian spirituality' and a whole lot of cultural appropriation that borders on offensive with this idea called 'Huna'.

For the kanaka maoli, mana is something that you're basically born with. The level of your mana depends on your birth status (e.g., if you are of chiefly lineage) and what you are born to do (e.g., your life purpose that is basically pre-destermined). If a kahuna were to transfer his/her mana to the haumāna (student), it is presupposes that the haumana had been born with a gift in that area of expertise (bc kahuna merely means expert), and the kumu (teacher) will use ha to transfer his/her mana when the time is right. It was easier back then bc the kupuna (elders) would have something called a ho'ailona (seeing signs thru dreams or whatnot) before you're born and know the child's gift/path in life. So basically, your mana level is predetermined based on your caste and what lineage you're born in. That is not spiritual, it's political.

Max Freedom Long misunderstood the cultural/historical context. Huna is a romanticized idea of what Freedom Long thought was Hawaiian spirituality (but it's not). It's a bit offensive to some bc Hawaiians were legally barred from practicing their own spirituality and culture until the 1980s while opportunists took these very spirituality and culture to sell for entertainment. Cultural prostitution!

The Law of One or Tai Chi Chuan or Bagua Zhang has lots to offer in terms of understanding life force.
Nice information on your native tradition, rie! Thank you. What is the tradition actually called? Probably you named it? Huna?
Thanks for your response. Respect is very important to me, and certainley did not intend to be offensive in any way. Been burning the midnight oil and should have been more mindful of what I was putting out. We are all the same in the eye of the creator and therefore the idea that someone would have a greater potential because of birthright or lineage is elitist thinking in my opinion. Respectfully, I would say that I do not agree with your position that there are any limitations to whom may utilize this power. My theory is that we are sent here to learn for the creator and that the "lesson" of this planet or level of existence is to see past the obvious limitations and realize that anything is possible with the right mindset- t is all smoke and mirrors. Anyone should be able to draw upon the knowledge that others have acquired in order to achieve the goal of that level. Think of the implications if individuals were limited in their ability by the progress of their particular culture or race. This is def a team effort. Respectfully, Scott F.
(04-20-2013, 01:49 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forum!

Re: Huna. I am going to take my Native Hawaiian cultural perspective here because there is much misunderstanding of 'Hawaiian spirituality' and a whole lot of cultural appropriation that borders on offensive with this idea called 'Huna'.

For the kanaka maoli, mana is something that you're basically born with. The level of your mana depends on your birth status (e.g., if you are of chiefly lineage) and what you are born to do (e.g., your life purpose that is basically pre-destermined). If a kahuna were to transfer his/her mana to the haumāna (student), it is presupposes that the haumana had been born with a gift in that area of expertise (bc kahuna merely means expert), and the kumu (teacher) will use ha to transfer his/her mana when the time is right. It was easier back then bc the kupuna (elders) would have something called a ho'ailona (seeing signs thru dreams or whatnot) before you're born and know the child's gift/path in life. So basically, your mana level is predetermined based on your caste and what lineage you're born in. That is not spiritual, it's political.

Max Freedom Long misunderstood the cultural/historical context. Huna is a romanticized idea of what Freedom Long thought was Hawaiian spirituality (but it's not). It's a bit offensive to some bc Hawaiians were legally barred from practicing their own spirituality and culture until the 1980s while opportunists took these very spirituality and culture to sell for entertainment. Cultural prostitution!

The Law of One or Tai Chi Chuan or Bagua Zhang has lots to offer in terms of understanding life force.
A moment of instant planetary inner inspiration is always possible, but not always probable. Until we find our most powerful means to pump massive quantities of catalyst into the planet and its people, we must always glorify the equally powerful significance of giving the Hand when even One is down.
Think you are right and my idea may be flawed, but I believe that there is a an easier softer way to show the collective masses what we truly are- Pure light/Pure Love. Just dont know if I should put my theory into a post or to start a blog? What do you think? What kind of time does one typically need to devote to a blog?
(04-20-2013, 05:42 PM)Alex Zachary Wrote: [ -> ]A moment of instant planetary inner inspiration is always possible, but not always probable. Until we find our most powerful means to pump massive quantities of catalyst into the planet and its people, we must always glorify the equally powerful significance of giving the Hand when even One is down.

I dont think that anyone needs to be left behind as some have suggested, just not congruent with the nature of our creator. If you shake them hard enough they will wake up.
@ Confused - no name bc there's no unified tradition back in the old days. Huna was coined by this 'scholar' fellow in the 20's I believe.

@ becausewecan1212
Not offended at all; just letting you know, the entire context of this new age brand called 'Huna' is erroneous and probably closer to other new age ideas. The huna folks use culturally specific terminology without regard for the deeper appreciation of the cultural context that is embedded within the language and practices. Cultures and traditions tend to get distorted anyway, which is why the most famous proverb here is 'nana i ke kumu' look to the source. I think it's remarkable that you are interested in understanding this. I hope your journey is fruitful!
Thank you, may your journey be fruitful as well. Your cat is awesome!
(04-21-2013, 04:49 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]@ Confused - no name bc there's no unified tradition back in the old days. Huna was coined by this 'scholar' fellow in the 20's I believe.

@ becausewecan1212
Not offended at all; just letting you know, the entire context of this new age brand called 'Huna' is erroneous and probably closer to other new age ideas. The huna folks use culturally specific terminology without regard for the deeper appreciation of the cultural context that is embedded within the language and practices. Cultures and traditions tend to get distorted anyway, which is why the most famous proverb here is 'nana i ke kumu' look to the source. I think it's remarkable that you are interested in understanding this. I hope your journey is fruitful!