Bring4th

Full Version: spiritual tv shows?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering what you have experienced as a spiritual tv show.

the one that comes to mind is Lost; which is very mystical, and never quite explains the function of the island and the magic that takes place there.

the last season, especially, was a depiction of the afterlife, and the various souls gathering and greeting each other, happy to have remembered their experiences, and realising it was all in the past now, the lessons being learnt and appreciated. It was a deeply powerful moment for me when the characters all gathered in the hall at the end, seeing each other for what they were, finally; a group that had chosen a common '3d' experience.

that season was an overt pointer to the spiritual; I am sure there are other shows that have depicted it in a more subtle fashion.
I thought "Joan of Arcadia" was a deep and spiritual show. A young girl who is guided by Spirit/God/Goddess in various physical manifestations.

Heart
I used to watch Ghost Whisperer with my mom, it seemed to have plenty of overt and subtle references to different aspects of spirituality and sometimes philosophy.

Star Trek seems to present a lot of spiritually oriented philosophical issues to explore in the series. I'm most familiar with Star Trek: The Next Generation. I think Sci Fi in general allows for a certain range of imagination to flow from the idea of the unknown, as it is usually exploring realms or ideas not yet achieved by humankind.
Yes, one of my favorite shows! Locke embodied faith and belief, whereas Jack was the highly rational disbeliever, with constant tension between the two. I interpret the ending to mean that the show was about cultivating faith, as everyone seemed to be waiting on Jack to find his way home.

The Walking Dead seems to play with spiritual themes, although it may just be an inevitable consequence of characters trying to understand why they find themselves living in a world of zombies! The show highlights how even in an apocalyptic scenario, humanity still finds itself battling it out, unable to come together.
Hi all.

I like the show " Being Erica " here in Quebec country.
It is close to be spiritual, because there are good "lessons of life" in the show.

www.cbc.ca/beingerica/about.html
Quote:. . .Erica found that by helping others, she was in fact helping herself.
This prepared Erica for her biggest test yet,. . .

!! STO as we can see !! B-)

Blue skies.
All of the stargate series are heavy spiritually and metaphysically themed. Usually involves an evil race threatening the galaxy with the other races being to unbalanced to defeat them, until the stargate earth team come to help and they end up being the decisive factor. They even deal with certain races ascending.
Hehe if I am in the right state of mind I can find spiritual messages in just about anything :p
(04-22-2013, 05:11 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Hehe if I am in the right state of mind I can find spiritual messages in just about anything :p

I must always be in the right state of mind, Spaced, because I really do see spiritual messages in everything!
Doctor Who. By far the most wise show out there, imho.
This one's kinda weird but I was checking out what was on Netflix the other day and found that they had the Silver Surfer cartoon which I loved as a kid. Silver Surfer has always been one of the characters I have felt closest to for some reason. Watching it again I was blown away by how familiar some of the concepts felt. a little thought popped into my head: "no wonder Brittany Lynn sees my aura as silver" Tongue

Meerie

Fringe

spiritual and metaphysical connotations Smile
Babylon 5 is kind of spiritual.
Twin Peaks is interesting from a spiritual point of view, although pretty dark and scary at times. It is very mystical and it's obvious that the creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost, are aware of certain things. Highly recommended.
(04-22-2013, 05:11 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Hehe if I am in the right state of mind I can find spiritual messages in just about anything :p

When I watch tv I usually focus on seeing everything as one and try to dissect the symbols and stories/allegories and feel the archetypes that are behind every show.

At one point I was watching shows I disliked regularly just to identify what urked me and see it from a better angle to accept and release the knot. Fox News etc

I find that you can get annoyed by a show but still understand the psychic forces at play behind it and that annoyance is not something to suffer over but instead use as a guideline to direct your consciousness into the right configuration.

I don't bother trying to find shows I dislike or make an effort to watch them anymore rather I just watch what I wan't while still identifying the underlying archetypal interaction. It's become almost automatic, I just focus on it without any effort like I have trained my mind to think in that way without need of focus'd will.