Bring4th

Full Version: bhakti yoga and mantras
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Questioner: I assume that the reason that the rituals that have been used previously are of effect is that these words have built a bias in consciousness of those who have worked in these areas so that those who are of a distortion of mind that we seek will respond to imprint in consciousness of this series of words. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is, to a great extent, correct. The exception is the sounding of some of what you call your Hebrew and some of what you call you Sanskrit vowels. These sound vibration complexes have power before time and space and represent configurations of light which built all that there is.

Questioner: Why do these sounds have this property?

Ra: I am Ra. The correspondence in vibratory complex is mathematical. At this time we have enough transferred energy for one full query.

Questioner: How did the users of these sounds, Sanskrit and Hebrew,determine what these sounds were?

Ra: I am Ra. In the case of the Hebrew that entity known as Yahweh aided this knowledge through impression upon the material of genetic coding which became language, as you call it. In the case of Sanskrit the sound vibrations are pure due to the lack of previous, what you call, alphabet or letter-naming. Thus the sound vibration complexes seemed to fall into place as from the Logos. This was a more, shall we say, natural or unaided situation or process. We would at this time make note of the incident in the previous working where our contact was incorrectly placed for a short period and was then corrected. In the exercise of the fire you may see the initial spiral clockwise from the green-ray energy center, through the shoulders and head, then through the elbows, then to the left hand.

I recently have been studying the bhagavad gita and hanging out with some krshna devotees. bhakti yoga is the study and practice of devotional service. service to the creator and service to others. I highly recommend any wanderers who believe themselves here to serve to check into the practices.

i must say, after doing their mantras for a while, the realizations and synchronicities have been coming to me very rapidly!

it is said that the creator is present within his name. in hebrew we might observe the vibrations of yahweh, adonai, ahih, and agla

the movement taking place at iskcon temples, puts more emphasis into performing 1 mantra, over all other practices that are recommended. most of us have already heard

hare krshna hare krshna krshna krshna hare hare
hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare

the meaning of this mantra, is to say in a pure language that you are asking the energy of the creator to be with you. it is said to reach this channel, it must first come from the bottom of the heart. 'like a baby crying out to its mother' there are many other great mantras in the sanskrit vedas and i have only began to scrape the ice in my understanding.

is there anyone here that studies the kabbalah or sanskrit vibrations that would like to share more information?

"We would leave you now, my friends, in the love and in the light of the one infinite Creator. Go forth, then, glorying and rejoicing in the power and in the peace of the one infinite Creator. Adonai"

to me it would seem in the like Ra is telling us to chant, dance, whatever expression helps you glorify and rejoice in the creation! so i say, hare krshna!
bumping this thread to share reading material with other devotees here. and yes, if you are in service to others, youre a devotee!!

before reading, it is helpful to invoke the 'magical personality' say 3 times aloud "om namo bhagavate vasudevaya" this will aid in understanding Smile

bhagavad gita
http://ebooks.iskcondesiretree.info/pdf/..._It_Is.pdf

it is also very beneficial to attempt to speak the sanskrit vibrations, even though hearing them is the only true way to recite properly. there are pronunciation guides and plenty of information out there to help.

some good quotes id like to share for consideration

ra
"There is a great deal of subtlety invested in this sound vibration complex"

"There are sound vibratory complexes which act much like the
dialing of your telephone. When they are appropriately vibrated with
accompanying will and concentration it is as though many upon your
metaphysical or inner planes received a telephone call. This call they answer
by their attention to your working."

"We may only say that you correctly surmise the paramount import of the
magical personality. This is a study in itself. With the appropriate emotional
will, polarity, and purity, work may be done with or without proper sound
vibration complexes. However, there is no need for the blunt instrument
when the scalpel is available."

"You may consider the concept of sympathetic resonance.
When certain sounds are correctly vibrated, the creation sings."

also anyone who is interested, please check out this brief video on the maha mantra Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYxOWgjhygM

Bat

I have always felt connected to the mantra om namah shivaya. It is powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOX6zM9tvoY
There are many mantras in Sanskrit - I personally believe that one should chant a mantra which they are personally drawn to. One of the most revered mantra is the Gayatri Mantra . Although raised as a Hindu , I am still not clear why it is so revered.
(07-20-2013, 05:38 AM)Bat Wrote: [ -> ]I have always felt connected to the mantra om namah shivaya. It is powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOX6zM9tvoY

Hah! I think I found where the name/phrase 'Oman Siras' came from, then =D. It's 'creatively' close to this mantra, in any case!

michael430

[deleted]
one good thing about mantras is that they can be done in a non meditative way, though japa meditation is better. vibration is the power within ether, which stands above all other elements. we all consist of the four elements not only in our body complex but also within the mind and personality.

mantra in sanskrit means "liberating the mind, consciousness, soul, atma from repeated birth and death"

any mantra should be engaged with two or more of the senses. when we meditate and engage two or more of the senses, it brings us that much closer to samadhi, which is becoming one with the object of meditation. one should be listening, feeling, and even trying to visualize (whether its internal gazing, or upon an object etc)

the hare krsna mantra is supposed to be chanted as japa meditation, on beads (108 beads total) by initiates for a full 16 rounds every day, which takes roughly 2 hours. they put emphasis to approach it humbly and understand and respect the creator. all in my opinion very relatable to what Ra is telling us because in this way we can relate to the creator on a personal level! for me it has been way more intimate through taking a different approach on more of a human level

i dont know a lot about other mantras at this time, ive just been learning sanskrit songs lately. i do have some chakra mantras from harish jahori i can post if anyone is interested. i would recommend getting his chakra book on amazon kindle. it goes highly into detail about the energy pathways of the body (nadis) and how to awaken them etc

"from the beginning of creation, the three words om tat sat were used to indicate the supreme absolute truth." bhagavad gita 17:23