Bring4th

Full Version: Crying over humanity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have found myself depressed, almost to the point of tears, and far beyond that point in the last 3 months or so. The truth is that I know why, but I don't know how to deal with it. The feeling (and conscious/unconscious decision) is that I'm taking in the suffering around me, in order to relieve it from others. However, I worry that it's actually starting to affect my ability to serve, at work and at home, such that I start to feel like I'm being lazy and letting others serve me where I want to serve them.

So my little rant is actually more about how other wanderers deal with it. I know I'm not the only passive radiator that was incarnated to be bogged down by taking on suffering.

How have you learned to recognize when you have taken too much? How have you learned when your armor has been weakened? How have you learned to hold back the psychic attacks that are preventing you from doing more (I'm actually not sure if the psychic attacks or the taking on of suffering is draining more energy)? Is this all about learning to balance compassion and wisdom, and I'm just not fully there yet? Is it time yet that I can shed this chemical body and do more (I'm so tired; beyond all I have known up to this point)? How can I continue when I'm so tired, but have so much youth left to use?
I've found it crucial to spend time offline and to take time for, as Ra said, regularized leisure.

laluna

Hi kainous,

I have found this passage from Q/A 12.31 to be helpful:

Ra: I am Ra. This will be the last complete question of this time/space.

The self-healing distortion is effected through realization of the intelligent infinity resting within. This is blocked in some way in those who are not perfectly balanced in bodily complexes. The blockage varies from entity to entity. It requires the conscious awareness of the spiritual nature of reality, if you will, and the corresponding pourings of this reality into the individual mind/body/spirit complex for healing to take place.

We will use this instrument as example. The portions of its ailment, as you call this distortion complex, that can be perfected in balance are due primarily to a blockage of the indigo-ray or pineal energy center. This center receives the intelligent energy from all sources lawful within the one Creation; that is, lawful in this third-density distortion or illusion. If there is no blockage, these energies pour or stream down into the mind/body/spirit complex perfecting moment by moment the individual’s body complex.

This instrument also experiences some distortion of the green-ray energy center which you may call the heart center. It is overly open due to an intensive desire distortion on the part of this mind/body/spirit complex towards service to others, or as you may call it, universal love. This entity, therefore, spends itself without regard to its reserves of mind/body/spirit complex distortion in regard to what you call strength or energy. This distortion is primarily due to the blockage of the indigo ray. As we have said before, the misapprehension distortion of the instrument responsible for this blockage is the basic orientation towards a belief in unworthiness. The unworthiness distortion blocks the free flow of intelligent energy.

The seventh or violet ray is unimpaired, this being not only an energy receptor but a sum total of the vibratory level of the individual. The other energy centers are also quite clear. The solution to healing in this case is action that puts into practice the peaceful understanding in humility distortion that the entity is one with the Creator, therefore perfected and not separate. In each case of what you would call ill health one or more of these energy centers is blocked. The intelligence of the mind/body/spirit complex needs then to be alerted either by the self as healer or by the catalyst of another healer, as we have said before.
(04-22-2013, 09:12 PM)kainous Wrote: [ -> ]I have found myself depressed, almost to the point of tears, and far beyond that point in the last 3 months or so. The truth is that I know why, but I don't know how to deal with it. The feeling (and conscious/unconscious decision) is that I'm taking in the suffering around me, in order to relieve it from others. However, I worry that it's actually starting to affect my ability to serve, at work and at home, such that I start to feel like I'm being lazy and letting others serve me where I want to serve them.

So my little rant is actually more about how other wanderers deal with it. I know I'm not the only passive radiator that was incarnated to be bogged down by taking on suffering.

How have you learned to recognize when you have taken too much? How have you learned when your armor has been weakened? How have you learned to hold back the psychic attacks that are preventing you from doing more (I'm actually not sure if the psychic attacks or the taking on of suffering is draining more energy)? Is this all about learning to balance compassion and wisdom, and I'm just not fully there yet? Is it time yet that I can shed this chemical body and do more (I'm so tired; beyond all I have known up to this point)? How can I continue when I'm so tired, but have so much youth left to use?

I understand what you are saying and in some form I've been through this myself. I deal and dealt with this in the past by just trying to understand my self. If I feel suffer, then I feel suffer. Period. Nothing to worry about. But it takes time, and it is a pain in the ... . But then, there is a light at the end of even this tunnel. And that light is even more sweeter and even more bright.

As I understand it - as you heal your self from whatever sorrow, and whatever suffer, you heal the planetary vibration, and it is very, very helpful. But before you can heal yourself/others, you need to experience that. Perhaps you incarnated to heal this little part of planetary consciousness which is in suffer, and so now you experience it so that you can understand it, and *then* to heal it. Being kind towards the self and being served sometimes, is also ok. Ra said...

Ra, 71.16 Wrote:...that to aid the self in polarization towards love and light is to aid the planetary vibration.

And I want to take this a little bit further and say that whatever you will manage to heal and understand in this incarnation, is that polarization towards love and light that Ra speaks of above.

And in regards to psychic greeting, this is what this social memory complex that I love so much said about that:

Ra, 32.1 Wrote:...the means of protection against any negative or debilitating influence for those upon the positive path was demonstrated by this instrument to a very great degree. Consider, if you will, the potentials that this particular occurrence had for negative influences to enter the instrument. This instrument thought upon the Creator in its solitude and in actions with other-self, continually praised and gave thanksgiving to the Creator for the experiences it was having. This in turn allowed this particular entity to radiate to the other-self such energies as became a catalyst for an opening and strengthening of the other-self’s ability to function in a more positively polarized state. Thus we see protection being very simple. Give thanksgiving for each moment. See the self and the other-self as Creator. Open the heart. Always know the light and praise it. This is all the protection necessary.
You obviously have work to do in the way you treat yourself. Working on your root will help you generate energy faster than you spend it. Lower chakras are key in this density.
Biologically speaking, when we see others having a difficult experience, our mirror neurons are fired that allows us to 'empathize' with others' experiences. Then, depending upon your life experience/internal needs or desires, you may be strongly compelled to take care of things. So why does one feel this strong urge to help others? Is it out of guilt? Is it out of a need for a harmonious environment bc conflict is difficult to stomach? There are so many reasons we feel compelled. Examining, understanding, and accepting your own catalyst and working with this may be much more manageable than taking on the suffering and problems of others. Personally, this sense of overwhelming stress/distress is a calling to balance the lower rays (red, orange, yellow).

Energetically speaking, if you imagine that others' energy flows around you, and not through you, you might be able feel less weighed down by others' energy.

It's pretty remarkable (personal experience) that when I shift internally (e.g., have a bit more balance), the people around me seem to shift, too. Perhaps your sense of wellbeing/balance may influence others. In other words, you could be influential to others by your mere presence. No need to do anything to solve problems, unless asked for help, just BE-ing in a centered, balanced place.
i dont have an answer two your dilemma brother . i wish i did. u suffer because u have a heart and u are not oblivious to others and totally self absorbed as many are. and u are probably an empath like many are here so u really feel stuff. which is both good and bad.
one thing u can try is in the morning before u leave the house raise your hands up to your higher self and ask for the tube of light protection to surround u all day before u leave. that will help to shut out the vibes u are picking up. there is no easy answer because we live in a swirling mass of energy and emotions and its a challenge not to get sucked into it. also stay out of convos that lead in a negative direction. that will pull u down as will negative people. and pray for the ability to be in this world but not pulled down by this world. just some friendly thoughts

norral Heart
god told me dont cry over nothing all is impermanent... except the one
Sounds A LOT like what I went through about a year ago that lasted for a few months. One thing that may sound crazy is used to go outside and stand barefoot in my back yard. Also, get some SUN!! Maybe You already do and if so it's helping. That great big ball of Light is up there for good reason!

Also, know that You are by no means alone. So invite your Highest Self to be with You and be grateful you are connected and in tune with Your Highest Self. Also, thank your Guardian Angels for all of their protection in the past, present, and in the future. Invited them graciously to be with You and help guide You. And the more faith You have in them the stronger Your connection will be.

I have found being grateful is very important.

Lastly................SMILE!! When you are down just smile!!! I promise it helpsBigSmile

One of the best things IMO is to listen/watch some Bill Hicks in times like this OP. I was once in your shoes and the following video/perspective helped.

Bill Hicks.......

The World is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round, and it has thrills and chills and is very brightly colored, and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they've begun to question, 'Is this real, or is this just a ride?', and other people have remembered, and they've come back to us and they say 'Hey, don't worry. Don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride.' and we KILL THOSE PEOPLE.

"Shut him up! We have alot invested in this ride! SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account, and my family. This just has to be real."

It's just a ride.

But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that. You ever noticed that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because ... It's just a ride.

And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear wants you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead see all of us as one.

Here's what we can do to change the world right now, to a better ride:

Take all that money we spent on weapons and defense each year and instead spend it feeding, clothing, and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and WE CAN EXPLORE SPACE, TOGETHER, BOTH INNER AND OUTER, forever ... in peace.

-- Bill Hicks (1961 - 1994)

I do not absorb other's suffering as I used to. I have been training myself in my own ways to simply refocus on the infinite source of love/light from within, whenever faced with any "negative" or "sour" vibes. One of the most common things I've noticed is that when someone who is vary tangibly distressed comes near me, they cannot help but sigh and start letting go of whatever sour emotion is going on within them...or those who are not so down will begin opening up to others with light and genuine conversation.
(04-22-2013, 09:12 PM)kainous Wrote: [ -> ]So my little rant is actually more about how other wanderers deal with it. I know I'm not the only passive radiator that was incarnated to be bogged down by taking on suffering.

I empathise with your situation and what you are going through. A few years ago, I was so affected by negativity that I started having suicidal thoughts.

Nowadays, whenever something painful or negative happens to me, I will go to my corner and cry and rave and rant and eat! After one or two days of this, I will go for a long walk, sit somewhere quiet, look at the situation, and find the catalyst.

I always find the catalyst, and once I understand that this is what the Universe wants me to learn or go through, I feel much better.
(04-22-2013, 09:12 PM)kainous Wrote: [ -> ]I have found myself depressed, almost to the point of tears, and far beyond that point in the last 3 months or so. The truth is that I know why, but I don't know how to deal with it. The feeling (and conscious/unconscious decision) is that I'm taking in the suffering around me, in order to relieve it from others. However, I worry that it's actually starting to affect my ability to serve, at work and at home, such that I start to feel like I'm being lazy and letting others serve me where I want to serve them.

on the surface, it doesn't feel like anything makes sense, does it?

all the wars, all the hunger, all the poverty

and closer to home, all the domestic violence, all the bullying in schools, all the exploitations in the workplace.

and yet ... is there meaning behind all this?

did the Creator choose these various experiences for itself so that it learn certain lessons?

I mean, if you look at your own life, does it make any sense? is there pattern, is there a structure to the way your life has unfolded? have you met various people at the 'right time', had various experiences at 'the right time', had your life move 'forward' in different shifts?

if you can take it on faith that your own life has an unfolding, a catalytic process to it, then maybe you can reach the point where you can extend this faith to others' live's; and that what you see as surface events in their life, the pain and the difficulties, that this too, is driven by a self-chosen catalytic process.

yes, this is capital f 'Faith'; faith in a benevolent universe, faith in the second distortion of an All Encompassing Love that moves and turns all the light in the cosmos.

no-one can ever convince or demonstrate this faith to another. This is the type of faith that occurs when one looks up into the night sky, sees the same abundance of stars that everyone else sees, and yet ... and yet, one seems brighter than another. One draws the attention more than another. And that one star, my friend, is your personal Star of Hope. If you can find that, you will never be lost on this human journey again. It will lead you, unerringly, to the places you need to go inside to re-align the powerful light inside.

and that light is what you are here to shine Smile

peace,

brother plenum