Bring4th

Full Version: what is the genesis of mental illness?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
there has been a lot of talk about mental illness in chat lately, and I was wondering as to the root cause of it.

I was also thinking that you know how Diabetes comes as type 1 or type 2 (the first one you care born with, and the second is acquired during a lifetime, usually because of lifestyle choices), that perhaps there may be mental illness that is born hereditary, and then the rest of it is a 'condition' that is the result of a pattern of life. (like being extremely traumatised or what not).

just a thought; and no disrespect to anyone for bringing this up.

thanks
Usually you look at
biological predisposition + environmental factors (nature/nurture)

But for childhood disorders (e.g., autism) you may look at
biological predispositions + environmental factors + gestational/maternal health + exposure to toxicity in environment

There is no real understanding of what 'causes' mental illness, as there are just too many variables that impact a person's social, biological, and psychological health. Psychology is a very divided field with people from many different schools of thought. Depending upon what theoretical framework you work with, the explanation of causality may differ. The psychiatric (medical model) is just one school of thought that seems to dominate the field, unfortunately.
(04-22-2013, 11:44 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]... there has been a lot of talk about mental illness in chat lately, and I was wondering as to the root cause of it.

I think every form of mental illness may have anger somewhere deep at the root, at least as one of the key stria.
(04-22-2013, 11:44 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]there has been a lot of talk about mental illness in chat lately, and I was wondering as to the root cause of it.

Yummy :) Wrote:40.15 Questioner: Thank you. A very important concept. Does the fact that basic vibration that we experience now is green true color, or fourth density, account for the fact that there are many mental effects upon material objects that are now observable for the first time in a mass way like the bending of metal by mind?

Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the final query in total of this working. This is not only correct but we suggest you take this concept further and understand the great number of entities with the so-called mental diseases being due to the effect of this green-ray true color upon the mental configurations of those unready mentally to face the self for the first time.

Are there any brief queries before we close?

40.16 Questioner: Just two. With respect to what you just said, would then people incarnating here by seniority of vibration who incarnate for the service-to-self path be ones who would have extreme difficulty mentally with this green-ray vibration?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. It is rather the numbers who have distracted themselves and failed to prepare for this transition yet who are somewhat susceptible to its influence who may be affected.
In my perspective it has to do with energies. Smile
My mental illness started shortly after smoking DMT a few times, and taking ayahuasca orally. Those are potent psychedelics. They force open the 3rd eye to alternate realities. I've seen some crazy stuff. But fortunately haven't tread a negative path. I guess I have enough sensibilities to not stay in negative more than I'm comfortable with.
Yeah I think anger is a predominant emotion in those who experience mental illness, as is sadness, pain, etc.,. One tricky part about anger is that many who feel angry usually experience unresolved grief, loss, and trauma. There's also intergenerational transmission (both hereditary/genetic and social) of problems - unresolved issues that gets 'passed on' through the generations. One pattern is clear from my observation and from the research done - when there is a disruption in the child's development, the occurrence of mental illness increases dramatically throughout the child's lifespan. Developmental disruptions may occur when there is abuse/violence, emotional impoverishment (e.g., little nurturance from caregivers), parental mental illness, poverty, etc. When the child does not have an opportunity to develop the foundational elements (e.g., basic needs, safety, nurturance, secure relationships), the risk for mental illness is higher.
(04-23-2013, 06:21 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2013, 11:44 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]there has been a lot of talk about mental illness in chat lately, and I was wondering as to the root cause of it.

Yummy :) Wrote:40.15 Questioner: Thank you. A very important concept. Does the fact that basic vibration that we experience now is green true color, or fourth density, account for the fact that there are many mental effects upon material objects that are now observable for the first time in a mass way like the bending of metal by mind?

Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the final query in total of this working. This is not only correct but we suggest you take this concept further and understand the great number of entities with the so-called mental diseases being due to the effect of this green-ray true color upon the mental configurations of those unready mentally to face the self for the first time.

Are there any brief queries before we close?

40.16 Questioner: Just two. With respect to what you just said, would then people incarnating here by seniority of vibration who incarnate for the service-to-self path be ones who would have extreme difficulty mentally with this green-ray vibration?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect. It is rather the numbers who have distracted themselves and failed to prepare for this transition yet who are somewhat susceptible to its influence who may be affected.

Those quotes make sense, however I suffer from depression (and ADHD, but most people don't consider that a mental illness, though maybe it should be considered one) and I certainly don't consider myself to be someone who can't face their self, on the contrary I go out of my way to try to find my self every day, including the occasional use of psychedelics. Unless by self Ra means the highest possible universal self which encompasses everyone, in that case yes I am afraid of facing that.

As for anger, unless I'm unknowingly repressing alot of anger I don't get angry often.

I agree with Rie's explanation but if there is a spiritual root cause of those factors then I'm guessing it's the pre-incarnative or unconscious desire to experience mental illness so you can process catalyst differently, perhaps more efficiently. For example depressed people have a more realistic view of the world than optimistic people according to some study I heard about. But then if the purpose of 3D is to choose love of self or others then processing catalyst may not be the highest goal to aim for, so having a mental illness could be detrimental to polarization.

Perhaps the purpose of mental illnesses is to recreate the mental conditions one felt in their prior life (whether Earth native or wanderer) so that they can learn whatever they need to learn. For example, the way I feel now and see the world now probably has alot in common with the 5D STS entity living in a cave Ra spoke about, so if I'm here to learn how to love others then I need to start from a similar starting point as where I left off. If that's the case then it makes alot of sense why it's so hard to treat mental illnesses.
It could be a case-by-case situation in terms of its meaning and purpose. What would be important is how you would personally make sense of the diagnoses and such. It could be a very personal issue on some levels.

ADHD does have strong neuropsychological origins. Imagine how the world has changed over these past 20 or so years with respect to technology, our environment, our lifestyles... These changes will impact a child's development - how we interact with each other socially, how our brains adapt to external changes, how our bodies develop, what we believe, etc. So I think that it's important to ask what sickness needs to be addressed - our society and educational/social systems that hasn't adjusted to our young generation that seems to learn and interact differently? The children who do not seem to do well with the type of parenting and schooling that is the norm now? So mental health is beyond psychological and biological factors - it is also social and sure, spiritual.

Taking ADHD further... When the specific needs of child with ADHD is not provided, the risk for depression, academic problem, employment prospects, poverty, relationship issues, and other issues may become a possibility.

Mental illness is really complex but we all tend to think of it in terms of couple of factors, whereas it has many many factors that interact with each other. And it's highly personal.
I'm almost certain that mental illnesses are so vastly misunderstood as a concept that if we want to find true aliens, we need to visit the madhouses.
I believe every illness is created by a disbalance in the energysystem.
All health issues are a matter of epigenetics, including mental health. In other words, what is your genetic predetermination in response to the environment? There is an excellent lecture on the epigenetics of mental health here: http://www.domainideology.net/course/

Signing up for an ID is free. The lecture is in the public lecture folders.
Your genetic phenotype (how genes express themselves into certain characteristics) is somewhat determined by your environment, thus genetics + environment determines some aspects of the etiology of mental illness but is not always THE cause of illness. It depends on the type of mental illness, not true for all illnesses.
"It is rather the numbers who have distracted themselves and failed to prepare for this transition yet who are somewhat susceptible to its influence who may be affected."

This is me.
(05-03-2013, 11:13 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]Your genetic phenotype (how genes express themselves into certain characteristics) is somewhat determined by your environment, thus genetics + environment determines some aspects of the etiology of mental illness but is not always THE cause of illness. It depends on the type of mental illness, not true for all illnesses.

Could you explain a mental illness to me that is not caused by either the environment someone is exposed to or their genetics?
(05-04-2013, 11:44 PM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2013, 11:13 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]Your genetic phenotype (how genes express themselves into certain characteristics) is somewhat determined by your environment, thus genetics + environment determines some aspects of the etiology of mental illness but is not always THE cause of illness. It depends on the type of mental illness, not true for all illnesses.

Could you explain a mental illness to me that is not caused by either the environment someone is exposed to or their genetics?
Free will - people can become confused just as anything may fall into disrepair. The body simply follows the pattern of confusion. Neurosis and if sufficiently disintegrating, psychosis. Genetics and environment were always secondary, as far as cause. How much of and how balanced a "you" is possible to bring here? That's your ultimate determination, limited by desire and will.
Etiology of mental illness as explained by scientific community (e.g., geneticists, neuropsychologist/scientists) is narrow bc they only search for evidence within the bounds of their specialized disciplines. The complexity of various mental conditions is rather daunting if you explore it through a very systemic and developmental approach. Theories such as epigenetics as the sole etiological explanation of mental illness would be reductionistic, linear thinking, and violating couple more logical fallacies.

There are evidence for strong genetic links and mental illnesses in autism, major depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc. When you work with a family with long family histories of these conditions you may find that about half of the family members have diagnoses. So if we consider that these families share the same genetics and environmental conditions, what happened to the other half? I think if we go beyond science, psychology, sociology etc and delve into other domains of knowledge you may find that complexity and have a better understanding of the etiology of mental illness.

If you look at PTSD or personality disorders like borderline personality, there is genetic links there, but typically there are even stronger critical incidents that occur during important developmental milestones that makes a person more likely to develop such disorders.It all depends - how much internal resources you have, resiliency factors, social situations, etc. Plus there are highly individualized aspects of genetics that sort of explains why given high genetic heritability, no symptoms occur. Epigenetics is still something that's being understood but in the end it only explains a small portion of a complex phenomenon.
"there is genetic links there, but typically there are even stronger critical incidents that occur during important developmental milestones that makes a person more likely to develop such disorders.It all depends - how much internal resources you have, resiliency factors, social situations, etc. Plus there are highly individualized aspects of genetics that sort of explains why given high genetic heritability, no symptoms occur"

All of that is epigenetics. Genetics is linear and reductionist, epigenetics is quantum and fully inclusive.

I recommend watching the lecture for a complete explanation of mental illness.
Epigenetics is a bit new, and it merely touches upon the biological bases of mental illness, it does not explain a whole lot of things beyond that. It will, tho, benefit psychopharmacological research to create more efficient and effective psychotropic meds. That's a pretty narrow scope. That's the problem.

I was also thinking that you know how Diabetes comes as type 1 or type 2 (the first one you care born with, and the second is acquired during a lifetime, usually because of lifestyle choices), that perhaps there may be mental illness that is born hereditary, and then the rest of it is a 'condition' that is the result of a pattern of life. (like being extremely traumatised or what not).

just a thought; and no disrespect to anyone for bringing this up.

thanks

genesis is lack on nutrients and doing drugs like cyan TongueTongue