Bring4th

Full Version: Scientific Suggestion for STS and STO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Getting into the spirit of giving during the holiday season may seem like a struggle, but it turns out generous people aren't fighting the urge to screw others over, as some have suggested.

Instead, generosity – or the desire for fairness – seems automatic and arises from activation in a brain area that controls intuition and emotion.

Neuropsychologists define "prosocial" people as those who prefer to share and share alike, and "individualists" as those who are primarily concerned with maximising their own gain.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18...eople.html

The question is... would that kind of genetic depositions then be selected prior to reincarnation then based on your chosen polarity? What if a world was advanced enough to do genetic modifications to forcefully change it?

ayadew

Genetic modifications would present different kinds of lessons to learn. We are not the brain, in the end. Also, in a way, we've already 'selected' things about ourselves at incarnation. How thick the veil is, what personality traits etc.
This parallels with the idea that selfishness is simply the result of not understanding the "way things work".

Not sure how effective genetic selecting would be however, since it can only predispose us towards one thing or another... Perhaps that is a learning experience in itself.

Then again, I have no knowledge of how much genetics really affects the way we think... It may be surprising. Perhaps it depends on which density of DNA is affected, if you believe what they say about multidimensional DNA...

- Memorandem
Genetics and DNA may play a part because, as the old say goes "The apple does not fall far from the tree". As thus, an Sts may better learn from an sts mbs complex parent, just as an sto mbs complex may better learn from an sto mbs complex. Inherently genetic and environmentally efficient.
Eh, I'm not so sure about the premise given by Newscientist that generosity is a product of the brain. Remember that Newscientist, being Newscientist, is not written with any sort of spiritual premises in place, nor (I suspect) much consideration of separation of body and mind. Richard Dawkins, for example, also tries very hard to explain the range of human behaviors, motivations and actions by studying only the body. The result he came to is what he calls the 'Selfish Gene'. Basically that everything we do stems from sort sort of selfishness, even supposed STO actions. I have no doubt that if asked about those who donate large sums of money to charities he would come back to an explanation about how our primitive mind evolved in pack societies where giving was viewed as a means of gaining security from fellow tribe members. The whole thing makes me a bit ill. :-/

Then again, the brain may well play some role, I will not rule it out. I just suspect, having not done extensive research, that such traits are more 'out there' than 'in here'.

ayadew

(12-22-2009, 11:02 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]Genetics and DNA may play a part because, as the old say goes "The apple does not fall far from the tree". As thus, an Sts may better learn from an sts mbs complex parent, just as an sto mbs complex may better learn from an sto mbs complex. Inherently genetic and environmentally efficient.

Bit offtopic: According to Kryon (of Magnetic Service) 3% of DNA is the blueprint for the actual body, the rest is information of ALL past lifes/personalities/biases/experiences. That's why we think the 97% is 'useless', because we see no 'system' in them. There is no logic for the 3rd density mind.
(12-22-2009, 04:13 PM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2009, 11:02 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]Genetics and DNA may play a part because, as the old say goes "The apple does not fall far from the tree". As thus, an Sts may better learn from an sts mbs complex parent, just as an sto mbs complex may better learn from an sto mbs complex. Inherently genetic and environmentally efficient.

Bit offtopic: According to Kryon (of Magnetic Service) 3% of DNA is the blueprint for the actual body, the rest is information of ALL past lifes/personalities/biases/experiences. That's why we think the 97% is 'useless', because we see no 'system' in them. There is no logic for the 3rd density mind.

This reminds me of a rather enlightening Atheist quote: "Your body is the culmination of every generation that has come before. You are the best possible version so far of a human being."

And another, regarding why we are even aware at all: "On a small scale, you are the universe being conscious of itself."