Bring4th

Full Version: The Nature of Archetypes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are archetypes? I see them as different shaped holes in a wall which energy can pass through, and for some reason the energy can't pass through the wall itself in a pure form. The more we use certain holes the more our energy will gravitate towards them so we create patterns of using certain archetypes and not others.

What do you think they are?
A framework through which experience is processed.
I have always found this to be an inspirational summary of what the archetypal mind represents:

Quote:91.38 The term “efficient” might also fruitfully be replaced by the term “undistorted.” The archetypical mind, when penetrated lucidly, is a blueprint of the builded structure of all energy expenditures and all seeking, without distortion. This, as a resource within the deep mind, is of great potential aid to the adept.

the 'without distortion' part is quite revealing, as there is not much on this planet that is without distortion lol.

I have recently learnt to use the archetypes as a form of 'tuning'; similiar to what Carla does in her own way before she attempts a channeling.

once tuned, one is able connect with the Creator ('the various portions of creation') in a more facilitated manner, but this is something I'm still working on learning.

one could consider it 'disciplined magic' if one views accessing the deeper portions of mind in a conscious manner as being magic. I personally view it as just an extension of 'knowing the self'.
Have been reading some of Jung's lectures in the last few days for me his description of the archetypes and the unconscious is very effect. I'll copy a good excerpt from one of his lectures.

Quote:As the archetypes, like all numinous contents, are relatively autonomous, they cannot be
integrated simply by rational means, but require a dialectical procedure, a real coming to terms
with them, often conducted by the patient in dialogue form, so that, without knowing it, he puts
into effect the alchemical definition of the meditatio: "an inner colloquy with one's good angel."
[46] Usually the process runs a dramatic course, with many ups and downs. It expresses itself in,
or is accompanied by, dream symbols that are related to the "representations collectives," which in
the form of mythological motifs have portrayed psychic processes of transformation since the
earliest times.

Archetypes are very difficult to describe as inevitably when one has found words and symbols to portray an archetype that is still only a drop in the pool of the complex as a whole, not only that but archetypes are felt before they are perceived, for me at least I will feel the influence and then connect that certain feeling to prior experience and then will I consciously look around to identify recognized symbols or to uncover new ones.

This process then repeats and the quantification of archetypes in my mind becomes clearer and more usable in experience. The tricky part for me is now using that knowledge to serve and how I can help the recognition of the archetypes in others. How to tell my friend when I notice the claws of the negative anima in his psyche or to help another when the wise old man archetype has just helped him come to a personal truth. Hard to point it out to somebody who has no prior knowledge or map of the subject or the fact that they may not even want to know and forcing it upon them will achieve nothing.

Unbound

Bubbles in a liquid.
(04-27-2013, 12:53 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]What are archetypes?

These may be useful --

Quote:78.31 Questioner: How about the seven bodily energy centers? Are they related to archetypes in some way?

Ra: I am Ra. The same may be said of these. It is informative to view the relationships but stifling to insist upon the limitations of congruency. Recall at all times, if you would use this term, that the archetypes are a portion of the resources of the mind complex.

Quote:91.37 Questioner: Then you are saying, if I am correct in understanding what you have just said, that the conscious mind may be filled with an almost infinite number of concepts but there is a set of basic concepts which are what I would call important simply because they are the foundations for the evolution of consciousness, and will, if carefully applied, accelerate the evolution of consciousness, whereas the vast array of concepts, ideas, and experiences that we meet in our daily lives may have little or no bearing upon the evolution of consciousness except in a very indirect way. In other words, what we are attempting to do here is find the motivators of evolution and utilize them to move through our evolutionary track. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. Not entirely. The archetypes are not the foundation for spiritual evolution but rather are the tool for grasping in an undistorted manner the nature of this evolution.