Bring4th

Full Version: rare & unusual esoteric books recommendation thread for others to look at
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thread title says it.

if you know of a hidden gem, them recommend it here.

- -

Spaced found a cool Healing and Quartz Crystal book in a second hand bookstore.

unfortunately most of the recommends that might make this list will prob be hardcopy only, and out of print.

yet, it's nice to be aware of wisdom written from the past.

- -

personal choice: Thinking and Destiny by Harold Percival. I treated this as my 'bible' before I discovered the Law of One. some great explanations of metaphysical concepts; although the 'root races' thing that theosophists so dearly love is something I can't really relate to in any way.

available as a free pdf from publisher if you search it.
Hah, I was going to make this thread but you beat me to it Tongue

I've been having good luck ("luck") at used bookstores recently: I found a copy of Seth Speaks, channeled material by Jane Roberts, for one dollar; The Mysteries of Demeter by Jennifer Reif which is all about the Elusinian Mysteries of ancient Greece, a topic I have been interested in for a few months now; and the one Plenum already mentioned Patterns of the Whole, Vol. 1: Healing & Quartz Crystals by John D. Rea.

now to sit down and read them all BigSmile
Many of the books listed in my profile were gems I picked up at used bookstores.
1) Fulcanelli: Master Alchemist: Le Mystere des Cathedrales, Esoteric Intrepretation of the Hermetic Symbols of The Great Work, by Fulcanelli; translated by Mary Sworder

2) In Search of the Miraculous, by P. D. Ouspensky

3) Entering the Circle, by Olga Kharitidi

4) The Master of Lucid Dreams, by Olga Kharitidi

5) The Secret School, by Whitley Strieber
NICHOLAS OF CUSA’S DE PACE
FIDEI AND CRIBRATIO ALKORANI:
TRANSLATION AND ANALYSIS
(Second Edition)
By JASPER HOPKINS

http://jasper-hopkins.info/DePace12-2000.pdf

Fang

Quote:it's nice to be aware of wisdom written from the past.
contribooting:

The Kybalion
Corpus Hermeticism
The Zend Avesta
Pali Canon
Emerald Tablets of Thoth

Does anyone know any know of some high grade works on symbolism?

Quote:The Mysteries of Demeter by Jennifer Reif which is all about the Elusinian Mysteries of ancient Greece
http://www.maps.org/books/eleusis.pdf

Two of the three author's are R. Gordon Wasson and Albert Hoffman, so you can guess the angle lol
(03-31-2014, 11:47 PM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:it's nice to be aware of wisdom written from the past.
contribooting:

The Kybalion
Corpus Hermeticism
The Zend Avesta
Pali Canon
Emerald Tablets of Thoth

Does anyone know any know of some high grade works on symbolism?

Quote:The Mysteries of Demeter by Jennifer Reif which is all about the Elusinian Mysteries of ancient Greece
http://www.maps.org/books/eleusis.pdf

Two of the three author's are R. Gordon Wasson and Albert Hoffman, so you can guess the angle lol

Thanks for the link Fang, I find myself very interested in the Elusinian Mysteries Smile

On the topic of symbolism, I always enjoyed reading Anthropological theory on the topic of symbols when I was in school. Names that pop into mind are Clifford Geertz, Victor Turner and Mary Douglas. Not sure if that's the sort of works on symbolism you wanted tho Smile
It's not esoteric in the sense of focusing on the arcane and occult, but definitely spiritual/metaphysical, and rare in the sense that it's not currently in print, and hasn't been for years as far as I'm aware.

Ken Keyes' "Handbook to Higher Consciousness"