Bring4th

Full Version: Attuning to crystals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought I'd share this little exercise I came across that lets you get a feel for your crystals.

Close your eyes and imagine that you are a cloud of light floating in an endless, timeless void. Allow yourself to drift in space this way for a few moments. Experience what it is like to be this cloud, programmed only to reflect any light which comes to it in perfect harmony. This is the nature of consciousness on the level of crystals.

Now, allow sunlight to penetrate the darkness of the void this cloud is drifting in. Let the light penetrate the cloud completely, entering fully into the cloud that you imagine yourself to be. How does it make you feel? Take a moment to tell yourself what you notice. This is what it is like when you charge your crystal in the light of the sun.

Now, still in your imagination, open your eyes and try to perceive your surroundings as a cloud of light energy might.

What do you notice? Do you see how easily you take things in? How sensitive you are to all that occurs around you when you are empty as a cloud of light might be? This is the way a crystal experiences the world. This is how they take to programming so readily, you don't have to strain to program a crystal it will notice the energies you are directing towards it and respond to the dominant pattern of those energies.

I'd like to add that this cloud exercise can be useful in getting in tune with yourself as well.

Try this: look around you and pick out something that draws your attention. Now close your eyes and return to your cloud of light. Notice how the cloud of light feels inside itself, including the impression of the object that you glanced at casually. The impression of that object can be quite strong, you may even feel or smell or taste it, even if you just briefly scanned it with your mind's eye and your physical eyes.

Try this out a few times with a few other objects. Realize that this level of consciousness, this beingness as a reflective and 'empty' cloud of light, is available to you as well as to your crystal, it is the true nature of our consciousness. We have simply separated ourselves from this way of being perhaps as a way to protect our ego self, allowing it to process information through our acute physical senses out of fear that by opening ourselves to the influences of everything around us that our personality would dissolve. And indeed there may be some danger there, but with proper mental protection one may fully explore and experience their surroundings with nothing to fear.

Here's a song to go with this exercise, since I love music so much Tongue

Good information, thanks for sharing it, Spaced.
How do you cleanse your crystals (energetically and physically)?
(05-04-2013, 01:19 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]How do you cleanse your crystals (energetically and physically)?

I like to wash some of them under cool water for a while (exceot for my selenite crystal, remember some crystals are water soluble Wink ) and ask in my head that the water cleanse the crystals of any energies that would not be in my best interests to keep around. I also like to use white sage smoke to cleanse them, this one works well on the selenite especially Smile.

I've also heard that burying crystals in salt (either sea salt or himalayan salt) or soaking them in saltwater for a day is a good way to cleanse them but I haven't used those methods yet.
I put mine outdoors in the sun or under a full moon. You have to be careful of the sun since it will "bleach" the colors out of some stones, like amethyst etc. Ultimately, though, I believe that intention is the best stone cleanser available.
(05-04-2013, 11:28 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]I put mine outdoors in the sun or under a full moon. You have to be careful of the sun since it will "bleach" the colors out of some stones, like amethyst etc. Ultimately, though, I believe that intention is the best stone cleanser available.

Yes I definitely agree Ruth light of the moon and sun are always beneficial for crystals. I would also add that some crystals enjoy starlight so leaving them out on the night of a new moon might be beneficial as well.