Bring4th

Full Version: Is Conforming Neccessary to polarize STO?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems to me that the biggest obstacle to polarizing in either direction, but more so STO, is the need to conform to social expectations in order to survive in society. How does one reconcile the need to conform with the need to polarize?

In the final episode of the first season of Dexter, Dexter chooses his socially acceptable "fake" family over his "real" family, and compassion over being his true self. I felt he made the right choice, but did he? Does one polarize most efficiently when being their "truest" self? Or does being your truest self hinder social interaction and therefore limit opportunities to polarize? Or could one polarize STO by only loving one person, or even a non-human?

It seems like if one is polarizing rapidly they'll appear "weird" to most people because they believe in things which are unpopular yet truthful. STS doesn't seem to have as much of a problem with this because psychopaths are adept at appearing normal and even popular, but someone well on their way to becoming an STO adept probably constantly doubts them self and whether their actions and thoughts are STO or not, where as I don't think STS entities have much self doubt.

Your thoughts?
I have thought about this. I, being heavily biased towards wisdom, find truth and honesty more important than diplomacy and smooth social interaction. If I'm to appear "normal" to other people I would have to lie and disguise my true self, something I don't want to do, and I simply cannot pretend to be interested in trivial things. It's quite possible to be STO and not be socially savvy; being STO, in my opinion, is not about being "nice" and liked by everyone, it's about being compassionate, truthful and seeing the unity and divinity in all things.
I find my interest in my canines, Loki and Desperado to be more important than whether I polarize or not. So by taking care of them, I think I polarize. Society would say be kind to animals, and for the most part I am though I have my shortcomings. I am not liked by everyone, it seems my mom likes to insult me a lot. I have to conform to her wishes if she's to be happy. She is disabled so uses a wheelchair when she needs it. It's a motorized wheelchair, so she just steers it with a joystick device on the armrest. Just helped her replace her old air conditioner that wasn't working anymore. Had a short in it. So I'm doing things for other people, and polarizing without trying to. I think if we do what we think is right, we'll be fine. I just don't want to be surprised when I'm climbing the steps of light that I didn't make it.
Ra Wrote:41.19
The key to balance may then be seen in the unstudied, spontaneous, and honest response of entities toward experiences, thus using experience to the utmost, then applying the balancing exercises and achieving the proper attitude for the most purified spectrum of energy center manifestation in violet ray. This is why the brilliance or rotational speed of the energy centers is not considered above the balanced aspect or violet-ray manifestation of an entity in regarding harvestability; for those entities which are unbalanced, especially as to the primary rays, will not be capable of sustaining the impact of the love and light of intelligent infinity to the extent necessary for harvest.
Emphasis mine.

So if you want to balance (and thereby polarize), be always and everywhere yourself. This way, when you do, say and think wildly imbalanced things, you will know what needs balancing. If you hide behind a facade, you hide yourself not only from others, but also from yourself. This is an excellent way to stagnate on the Path.
almostdone Wrote:So by your logic a nazi killing jews or an israeli killing palestinians just because are ok..."hey I'm just trying to be myself..need to balance here ya know?"

Yes. And I will follow this line of reasoning with you as far as you are willing to carry it out. Nazis, Hitler and all.

almostdone Wrote:So there, I guess one can use the imagination for everything after all.

Balancing also occurs within the mind, actions are not absolutely necessary.

I think you have misread the quotation. Ra explicitly says that the balancing happens in exercises after the fact. But you don't know what needs to be balanced unless you have gone out into the world and had some experiences which show you where your imbalances are. As Ra says,

Ra Wrote:19.13
The quickest way to learn is to deal with other-selves. This is a much greater catalyst than dealing with the self. Dealing with the self without other-selves is akin to living without what you would call mirrors. Thus, the self cannot see the fruits of its beingness.
these forums are not conducive to my growth good luck with whatever you guys do.
Safe journey, friend.
I think he was trolling.
In speaking about 4D.. "..it is a plane wherein individual differences are pronounced although automatically harmonized by group consensus."

In the same way that you have a duty to accept others, you're also an individual that has value which needs acceptance..coming both from others and yourself. Few are able to break free from heavily distorted social ideals.

"It is not for a being of polarity in the physical consciousness to pick and choose among attributes, thus building the roles that cause blockages and confusions in the already-distorted mind complex. Each acceptance smoothes part of the many distortions that the faculty you call judgment engenders."

The above doesn't mean you're allowed free reign to just act however you feel though ("Oh I'm just being me."), as much of the mind can involve emotional thinking. The purpose of spontaneous responses and balancing is to achieve greater discipline.

(05-02-2013, 10:33 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote: [ -> ]I think you have misread the quotation.

I think he's referring to this..

"We have found it to be inappropriate in the extreme to encourage the overcoming of any desires, except to suggest the imagination rather than the carrying out in the physical plane, as you call it, of those desires not consonant with the Law of One; this preserving the primal distortion of free will."
I think he was referring to that quotation also. However, his post (the one he deleted) was in response to the quotation I posted from 41.19.

However, it is worth noting that in the quotation you post, Icaro, Ra is referring to the STO path. On this path, there are severe consequences to consciously choosing to violate the free will of another in an effort to satisfy your desires. The consequences would be less severe on the STS path or in the sinkhole of indifference.

I'm sure this is what almostdone was getting at, but when people come at me with the infamously incendiary Nazi argument, I prefer to stand toe-to-toe with it rather than offer qualifications. This defuses the bomb more readily -- as you can see.
Ok gotcha.
It's a necessary part of both orientations.
(05-03-2013, 12:29 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]It's a necessary part of both orientations.

Why?
I don't think it matters. You are who you are, and you will be who you are, if you choose to be. Even if you choose to Live a lie, you are choosing who you are. When you understand that everything is One, it becomes easier. There is no real separation, and eventually, at some point, separation will cease to exist. Once you know who you are, and who you want to be, in the sense that, you are comfortable being a certain way (not for others, but for yourself), then, you should act within who you are, to be the best you can. Whether that "best" is STO or STS. STO can be the small things my friend. And you can easily serve others in this societal construct. In fact, this societal construct gives you lots and lots of practice in STO! It is a society that heavily promotes STS, thus, there is very little balance, giving you plenty of opportunity to help restore balance. What people think should not matter to you. You are who you are, accept who you are, and do as you do. I hope that makes sense.
(05-02-2013, 02:02 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me that the biggest obstacle to polarizing in either direction, but more so STO, is the need to conform to social expectations in order to survive in society. How does one reconcile the need to conform with the need to polarize?

In the final episode of the first season of Dexter, Dexter chooses his socially acceptable "fake" family over his "real" family, and compassion over being his true self. I felt he made the right choice, but did he? Does one polarize most efficiently when being their "truest" self? Or does being your truest self hinder social interaction and therefore limit opportunities to polarize? Or could one polarize STO by only loving one person, or even a non-human?

It seems like if one is polarizing rapidly they'll appear "weird" to most people because they believe in things which are unpopular yet truthful. STS doesn't seem to have as much of a problem with this because psychopaths are adept at appearing normal and even popular, but someone well on their way to becoming an STO adept probably constantly doubts them self and whether their actions and thoughts are STO or not, where as I don't think STS entities have much self doubt.

Your thoughts?

In the LOO, Ra mentioned about quite a few people who were polarizing positively, such as Albert Schweitzer,Dwight Eisenhower, etc. A study of the life patterns of these individuals may yield some insights, in terms of positive polarization on planet Earth.
Quote:35.1 Questioner: [I would] like to say that we consider this a great privilege to be doing this work and hope that we are going to question [in a] direction that will be of value to the readers of this material. This session, I thought that possibly inspecting the effect on the rays of different well-known figures in our history might be help in understanding how the catalyst of the illusion creates spiritual growth. I was making a list here and the first I thought we might possibly hit the high points on as to the effect of catalyst of the individual’s working life would be the one we know as Franklin D. Roosevelt. Could you say something about that entity?

Ra: I am Ra. It is to be noted that in discussing those who are well-known among your peoples there is the possibility that information may be seen to be specific to one entity whereas in actuality the great design of experience is much the same for each entity. It is with this in mind that we would discuss the experiential forces which offered catalyst to an individual.

It is further to be noted that in the case of those entities lately incarnate upon your plane much distortion may have taken place in regard to misinformation and misinterpretation of an entity’s thoughts or behaviors.

We shall now proceed to, shall we say, speak of the basic parameters of the one known as Franklin. When any entity comes into third-density incarnation, each of its energy centers is potentiated but must be activated by the self using experience.

The one known as Franklin developed very quickly up through red, orange, yellow, and green and began to work in the blue-ray energy center at a tender age, as you would say. This rapid growth was due, firstly, to previous achievements in the activation of these rays; secondly, to the relative comfort and leisure of its early existence; thirdly, due to the strong desire upon the part of the entity to progress. This entity mated with an entity whose blue-ray vibrations were of a strength more than equal to its own thus acquiring catalyst for further growth in that area that was to persist throughout the incarnation.

This entity had some difficulty with continued green-ray activity due to the excessive energy which was put into the activities regarding other-selves in the distortion towards acquiring power. This was to have its toll upon the physical vehicle, as you may call it. The limitation of the non-movement of a portion of the physical vehicle opened once again, for this entity, the opportunity for concentration upon the more, shall we say, universal or idealistic aspects of power; that is, the non-abusive use of power. Thus at the outset of a bellicose action this entity had lost some positive polarity due to excessive use of the orange- and yellow-ray energies at the expense of green- and blue-ray energies, then had regained the polarity due to the catalytic effects of a painful limitation upon the physical complex.

This entity was not of a bellicose nature but rather during the conflict continued to vibrate in green ray working with the blue-ray energies. The entity who was the one known as Franklin’s teacher also functioned greatly during this period as blue-ray activator, not only for its mate but also in a more universal expression. This entity polarized continuously in a positive fashion in the universal sense while, in a less universal sense, developing a pattern of what may be called karma; this karma having to do with inharmonious relationship distortions with the mate/teacher.
(05-02-2013, 02:02 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me that the biggest obstacle to polarizing in either direction, but more so STO, is the need to conform to social expectations in order to survive in society. How does one reconcile the need to conform with the need to polarize?

Your thoughts?

It's not easy in 3D. In this 3D it is definitely not easy as our people still haven't grasped that needle and pointed it in one direction, choosing their polarity, even in these last days of master cycle.

But my thoughts in response to what you are writing are that it is not so much about "conforming" to society, but more about harmonious interactions between people in a society.
(05-02-2013, 03:12 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I am not liked by everyone,..

Usually, individuals who are genuinely authentic are not liked by vast sections of their surrounding society.

Quote:80.10 Questioner: The fifteenth archetype is the Matrix of the Spirit and has been called the Devil. Can you tell me why that is so?

Ra: I am Ra. We do not wish to be facile in such a central query, but we may note that the nature of the spirit is so infinitely subtle that the fructifying influence of light upon the great darkness of the spirit is very often not as apparent as the darkness itself. The progress chosen by many adepts becomes a confused path as each adept attempts to use the Catalyst of the Spirit. Few there are which are successful in grasping the light of the sun. By far, the majority of adepts remain groping in the moonlight and, as we have said, this light can deceive as well as uncover hidden mystery. Therefore, the melody, shall we say, of this matrix often seems to be of a negative and evil, as you would call it, nature.

It is also to be noted that an adept is one which has freed itself more and more from the constraints of the thoughts, opinions, and bonds of other-selves. Whether this is done for service to others or service to self, it is a necessary part of the awakening of the adept. This freedom is seen by those not free as what you would call evil or black. The magic is recognized; the nature is often not.

I am sure that there are many within the b4th community who adore your presence on the board!
(05-03-2013, 01:35 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2013, 12:29 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]It's a necessary part of both orientations.

Why?
one must significantly adopt a group mind in order to progress. It's how people learn here. That involves learning conformance to cultural and social norms.
Awareness eventually expands beyond a need to learn certain lessons of conformance, but there is still unconscious dependence on the planetary mind. Thus means patterns of thought are shared, habits developed, ideas drawn from the collective and used as an essential part of experience.
Conformance is epitomized in the blue valuing meme of spiral dynamics, where a higher law is recognized and people learn what it takes to follow that together, developing faith, learning virtue, in a mutually supportive environment.
(05-02-2013, 02:02 PM)turtledude23 Wrote: [ -> ]How does one reconcile the need to conform with the need to polarize?

I think it would be very fruitful to study from individuals who have done it before.

Quote:24.19 Questioner: …It’s not too important, but I would really be interested to know if Dwight Eisenhower met with either the Confederation or the Orion group in… in the— during the 1950s or that time?

Ra: I am Ra. The one of which you speak met with thought-forms which are indistinguishable from third density. This was a test. We, the Confederation, wished to see what would occur if this extremely positively oriented and simple congenial person with no significant distortions towards power happened across peaceful information and the possibilities which might append therefrom. We discovered that this entity did not feel that those under his care could deal with the concepts of other beings and other philosophies. Thus an agreement reached then allowed him to go his way, ourselves to do likewise; and a very quiet campaign, as we have heard you call it, be continued alerting your peoples to our presence gradually. Events have overtaken this plan.

[Cough.] Is there any short query before we close?

My own experience in the concept of conformity in the context of polarizing is this:

At first, I imagined that being STO meant that I had to keep any desires to act in ways that would disturb others at bay. This included saying controversial things, practical jokes, sexual advances, and overtly illegal actions. The problem was that curbing my natural inclinations involved a hidden assumption that I had a set of deeper desires were somehow dirty or evil. I eventually discovered that maintaining a constant good-boy appearance had two drawbacks: 1. It was insincere and the more balanced people -- the ones I wanted to be around -- could read my insincerity immediately; 2. The desires I was attempting to keep at bay would manifest at strange moments as sudden uncontrollable urges -- urges that I didn't understand well because I didn't have enough experience with their manifestations to understand them. Essentially, attempting to comform to my perception of what was expected of me socially resulted in repression.

When I allowed myself the freedom to do whatever I wanted, I didn't suddenly become wildly flamboyant in my non-conformity -- as almostdone's Nazi example suggests. Awareness of consequences doesn't disappear when you allow yourself full freedom of expression. What happens is that instead of abiding by a strict rule about what is and isn't acceptable, you begin to weigh your desire for any given expression against the consequences of manifesting that thought as an action. Frankly, this is a much healthier approach in my experience, because it allows flexible border between the acceptable and the unacceptable. Murder is unacceptable -- not because it is wrong -- but because I don't want to kill anyone badly enough to accept the consequences of actually doing it. I don't want to kill anyone at all, but even if I did, the feeling would still need to be accepted as a part of who I am.

Moreover, I discovered that when I began to trust the things that I do and say without premeditation, without enforcing rules of appropriateness upon myself, I learned that the Spirit complex is capable of managing the appropriateness of my actions without my Mind complex constantly monitoring to make sure that I don't step out of bounds. There are plenty of times when I strayed out of bounds, but in each of these instances, someone let me know exactly what I did that was unappreciated. After contemplating and balancing my thoughts, actions, and the responses of others, the desire to do the things that were unappreciated fell away. This has proven to be a much more efficient way of "conforming" than any conscious effort to do so. It is not that I have any desire to conform -- because I don't -- it is that I want to learn how to be of greatest service to others, and this entails abiding by certain social norms. Because I have no desire to abide by consciously imposed rules, I simply trust myself to intuitively "feel out" what is appropriate, and whenever I misstep I make sure to learn from the mistake -- not by imposing a rule, but by appreciating the deep intentions and consequences that led to the misstep.

The magic of balancing is that you don't have to change your actions. When you become aware of everything in yourself and make sure to look at both sides of every experience, your desires to act will change in a way that seems like magic. You don't know what is going on until suddenly you have no desire to act according to your old ways. It's very striking.
JustLikeYou

Now if only I could understand and come to terms with the same realization Wink