Bring4th

Full Version: The Potato and Butter Diet.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rumor has it that potatoes + butter is nutritionally complete and you can eat such a diet for less than $100 a month.

Could you truly live off only potatoes and butter with no ill effects?
(05-07-2013, 10:12 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Rumor has it that potatoes + butter is nutritionally complete and you can eat such a diet for less than $100 a month.

LOL! Well I guess that would be better than the Adkins diet!
Heh, I'm sure that what nature evolved our bodies to eat, not raw fruits, greens, and nuts...
Unfortunately, there's not enough protein in butter and potato.
I think you are confused. During the 1800s in Ireland, poor Irish ate a diet consisting mostly of potatoes and buttermilk (not butter), and were able to survive on it, although they were not in the best of health. Such a diet needs additional vitamin A, and is relatively low in protein.
It'll do in a pinch, but not long-term.
(05-07-2013, 10:12 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Rumor has it that potatoes + butter is nutritionally complete and you can eat such a diet for less than $100 a month.

Depends on the person. As Ra has told us, the key to health lies not in any action in the physical world, but rather the etheric body which molds the physical body.

Even the most nutritious diet introduced to an individual that is full of resistance will not get the full benefit from the nutrition. But the individual without resistance will find nourishment in the diet it partakes of, even if the diet seems impoverished from a conventionally nutritional standpoint.

There are some people who need not even nourish themselves physically. Case in point:

I love how forums full of people capable of high level magic including but not limited to healing spells worry about what they should eat.

yumm. butter.
Quote:About belief systems: I know individuals who continue to toxify their body - you know, Coca Cola and coffee and white flour and sugar - and actually believe that the more they consume the more immune they will be. Can one neutralize that belief system about being toxic and continue to toxify themselves without its affecting them?

Absolutely, yes. Again, it's all belief system. If you took a human body without a soul and nourished it, you would find that it responds to substances such as algae, things lower on the food chain, wheat grass, vegetables, fruits, etc. But as soon as you throw the soul in, you've got a belief system and you've got the choices that soul has made. For instance, Bob there may never have been sick a day in his life; he eats butter on everything and always feels wonderful, but his diet is atrocious. One day Bob dies of a heart attack at a young age, even though he has never been sick. Bob didn't really have a belief system about food; he ate the way he needed to eat so that he could fulfill what he wanted to do, which is die at an early age.

In that sense, everyone is doing what they need to do at any given moment. As you relinquish the judgment about this, you will all relinquish your judgment about yourself and your belief systems. Then you will come more into alignment with some of the more natural forms of food. If you're not there now, that's quite all right, because it's not going to affect you. Do you see what we mean by that? It's all your belief system.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vida_a...oyal03.htm

Lives are unconscious for most. Slave to the borders imposed by the higher self in the plan to become bias and polarized. Freedom comes from becoming conscious and awake, then making the most of the catalyst within the boundaries. When it is seen that our potential has increased, those boundaries are then expanded for us. We become more "free". As it is, free will is only a belief.
(05-20-2013, 10:33 AM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:About belief systems: I know individuals who continue to toxify their body - you know, Coca Cola and coffee and white flour and sugar - and actually believe that the more they consume the more immune they will be. Can one neutralize that belief system about being toxic and continue to toxify themselves without its affecting them?

Absolutely, yes. Again, it's all belief system. If you took a human body without a soul and nourished it, you would find that it responds to substances such as algae, things lower on the food chain, wheat grass, vegetables, fruits, etc. But as soon as you throw the soul in, you've got a belief system and you've got the choices that soul has made. For instance, Bob there may never have been sick a day in his life; he eats butter on everything and always feels wonderful, but his diet is atrocious. One day Bob dies of a heart attack at a young age, even though he has never been sick. Bob didn't really have a belief system about food; he ate the way he needed to eat so that he could fulfill what he wanted to do, which is die at an early age.

In that sense, everyone is doing what they need to do at any given moment. As you relinquish the judgment about this, you will all relinquish your judgment about yourself and your belief systems. Then you will come more into alignment with some of the more natural forms of food. If you're not there now, that's quite all right, because it's not going to affect you. Do you see what we mean by that? It's all your belief system.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vida_a...oyal03.htm

Lives are unconscious for most. Slave to the borders imposed by the higher self in the plan to become bias and polarized. Freedom comes from becoming conscious and awake, then making the most of the catalyst within the boundaries. When it is seen that our potential has increased, those boundaries are then expanded for us. We become more "free". As it is, free will is only a belief.

This post maybe the winner of the "most Emo post in the past 30 days" despite having a thread with perhaps 100-500 running next to this one with single line posts about the misery of being old, virgin, and alone.

Ofcourse free will is just a belief, so are you. And me. And this forum, And the sun up there, and the ground we walk on.
Food is a subject of frequent debate and no one seems to completely agree. I'd like to contribute though with some of my experience and knowledge. I believe there are two ways to look at the issue at hand:

- Your Body's Default Settings: Our body is a splendid vessel which is part of Mother Earth. It's flexible, strong and surprisingly durable. That being said, by default it works best when it is fuelled with natural food; things grown from the Earth, free of processing and tampering with. In time, we learned how to cook our food; we trade lost nutrients for sometimes better/new tastes and convenience (i.e. food that can be kept and stored longer when it is cooked, marinated or dried). In the last century we went overboard and, in the name of profit and convenience, we began producing and distributing food stuff which is far from ideal for the body (i.e. everything TV tells you to eat, basically). At the core however, our body works best when fuelled by food which is grown in nature.

- The Power of Your Beliefs & Manifestation: We're all part of God and we have the power to create, modify and/or destroy the reality we live in. We also have the ability to go heal ourselves and "hack" our body's default settings. A few days ago for instance, a 105-year-old woman when interview said the secret to her longevity was eating bacon every day (source article here). I won't begin to list the reasons why bacon is horrible for you. There's enough information available already online if you're interested. That being said, this woman believes bacon = longevity and so it is. Some people believe they live longer because they smoke, others just believe they will live long regardless of food, and so sometimes, if their beliefs are strong enough, it happens. Breatharianism is another great example of "hacking" your body into not eating and living off prana energy only. It's being taught as a discipline in a few Ashrams in India. Our reality is flexible and so we can change the way our body works to adapt to our needs. One who does that however needs to truly believe s/he can and live that way and without any fear of sickness, otherwise they will manifest disease.

Everything above is of course what I learned from experience, reading and from listening/communicating with my body as well as my soul. In answer to the original question, yes, in theory, you can live off potatoes and butter only. Is it good for your body? Not really. Can you do it? Yes, if you genuinely and completely believe you can.