Bring4th

Full Version: Fear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IF "tl;dr" THEN: "What is Fear?"

----

Sorry to everyone who opened this thread and expected any ideas, or musings, or even insights about Fear...

This isn't a forum posting so much as a question to the universe: I want to know about Fear.

Or perhaps I should say, I want to know Fear (though that does sound really scary, and, for that matter, I do know fear well enough, much too well, I might even be tempted to say...).

Still, I do want to know Fear (you might have noticed the capitalisation), know her-him like you know a good friend; that way exactly: not knowing and understanding everything there is about him/her, but ... well, a kind of knowing, or trust, about which particular manifestation(s) of the One you are dealing with, somehow. :)

There are several kinds of fear, and the one I am most interested in is the one which often is hidden, the one we distract ourselves from by having our minds making up reasons why - by the logic of cause and effect - this or that doesn't or won't work.

That sort of fear which I want to know better is the fear which keeps you from doing something you want to do.

Whatever it is you want to do, however noble, or wise, or petty, or insignificant, or impossible, or easy, or foolish, or ... I am running out of words.
And then, every time, fear just creeps up from the ground and piles itself higher and higher in the blink of an eye, quicker than you can notice, forming itself into an invisible and impermeable wall, and you might bang your fists against that wall, or you might just walk into another direction, change course and continue with your steps... .... but.....

But what is the "true" nature of all this?

Sometimes, you merely wait, and fear dissipates, just by itself. Sometimes, understanding dissipates fear. And sometimes you try to understand, or you meditate, or you wait, and nothing happens; and still you "know" that you "must" get on the other side of the wall.

And there is one more thing, that very peculiar thing that is such a prominent feature here in Third Density: time. I cannot just sit and meditate for a million years if something needs to be done by tomorrow. Or even right now.

Sometimes you only think (believe) "it" needs to be done, and then you discover that your own little world keeps on turning just as well if you sit there, inert and inactive ... but, alas, not always ... experience has shown that, on a multitude of occasions. Never has it been fatal (except in the eyes of some people), but often very tedious, and troublesome, and painful.

And "normal" humans (I am amazed at how many of these still roam the Earth!) often have little understanding for such procrastination, even if they might procrastinate in much "worse" ways ... just maybe not in the matters of everyday life, of consensual reality, of making it through the day fed and clothed and sufficiently undisturbed by other-selves to maintain a minimum degree of clarity and peace of mind (yes, I know, Third Density was built on the very notion of precluding any clarity and peace of mind, but throwing myself in the maelstrom of the kind of life a "normal" person is supposed to lead, I wouldn't survive for long, not as a person that is even remotely myself, not as a person functioning in society, and most probably not even physically, due to my weak immune and nervous system).

And, yes, being afraid ... even without noticing it ... or being afraid and paralysed and not being able to do anything about it ... or maybe being able to do something about it, but believing you don't have the power to (yes, we all have infinite power, so "they" say, but where exactly is it buried, if I may ask, where?) ... what valuable experiences and indeed "lessons" are these, here on earth.... <3

But still, the "warrior in me" wants to ... well, "slay the dragon", I guess, though I don't like using this figure of speech, as dragons are creatures very dear to me...

So, now that the question has been posed, maybe one day ideas will begin to trickle in, ideas of my own or those of any helpful friends and fellow seekers (I never liked that word, for what is there to seek, or even find?), and maybe I will be a little bit more illuminated on this topic some distant future day ... and might even be able to apply some of those new understandings to the conundrums of my own daily life...

On a side note, my own personal most fearsome "friend" sits in my solarplexus (or maybe is wrapped around it), so this note is just to say "hi" to her-him.

And I would most dearly wish to bid farewell to this entity - most possibly of my own making, if probably not in this lifetime - for aren't there so many nice things you can do with your solarplexus/third chakra? Aren't the ways in which you can express your Self on this level most diverse and plentiful? Apart from the lamentable fact that the upper chakras are somewhat starved of energy if that inner sun of one's Self is not allowed to shine forth the way it wants to.

Well, and unless someone builds a lot of pyramids, stone circles and similar devices in order to harmonise the cosmic influx of pure primal energies into and out of our earth, so that our natural lifespan can once again approach those 800 years Ra spoke of, unless that happens (and imagine what an arduous feat it would be, given the amount and depth of man-made orange and yellow thought-form vibrations of disharmony and strife, circling and enveloping our little planetary sphere) ... unless that happens, there isn't all too much time left ... and I really like this incarnation, despite all the pain; I really like this one, unequaled Earth and the "interesting" times we live in, and even human society in all its shiny and opaque facets ... so yes, I do yearn for that magic golden key to unlocking all that power which is - for now - held captive by that ancient companion of mankind - Fear.

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned - what I was talking about is not really fear of something (which, in most cases - and again I am only talking for myself and my own experiences here - is rather like a tame, if slightly unruly, puppy, once you find the courage to look straight into its face), but rather that fear which escapes all explanation and understanding and grasping at it ... I am certain you all know what I am referring to.

Thanks for reading and have a courageous day, dancing with your and our and everyone's fear to the music of the sun rising and setting, the winds of change blowing over our very own mental landscapes, and the moon shining its gentle silver light onto the darkness....
Anxiety/fear is not entirely a negative thing, too. It is that which helps us to mobilize our will and to go seek that which is not yet clear but that is right there near the surface of our consciousness. When we see things from a broader vantage point, perhaps that fear was part of the journey of discovery, of seeking. We may understand the catalyst(s) underlying such anxiety/fear and see the wisdom in anxiety/fear (thus development of understanding and acceptance of self). The stone wall maybe dismantled block by block... the cliff may be rather shallow when we are able to observe it more closely... the metal door that prevents us from going forward may be opened...
Fear is just negative wisdom that your Oversoul knows to be true that you are still consciously supressing in an ego driven effort to distort towards 'comfort' and 'sleep'.
I am consumed by fear, and it is keeping me from doing as I choose. I choose to become mySelf, but I fear failure.

It's not as bad as it used to be. I used to be a hermit, afraid of everyone out there (for about 5 years). I used to feel the hairs stand up on the back of my neck while I was washing dishes. And during this time, I used to be obese, self medicating with food.

The fear doesn't "just creep up from the ground and pile itself higher and higher." The fear total and solid and is a constant companion. I did not know that I "must get on the other side of the wall." I knew instead, that I would always be worthless and terrified.

Then, one day, out of nowhere, a thought arrived. A very simple thought: "I am lovable." That, in a moment, changed everything. Nothing gradual, no "waiting for fear to dissipate," just a sudden click, and an ability to breathe.

You ask: "What valuable experiences and indeed "lessons" are these, here on earth?" Simple my friend: The value is soul growth, involving understanding and patience and empathy. I understand insanity and misery and the power of love. This understanding could be intellectual, but would never be heartfelt without my personal experience within it.

Fighting with fear, strengthens the fear.

Another fascinating lesson is about anger. Angry people are often terrified because they are not in full control of their circumstances or their lives. When I meet or observe anyones fury towards anyone or anything, my immediate reaction is a loving pity, and an understanding. When you feel that you have no control over your life, anger seems to feel like the best defense.

When engulfed in fear, your anger is usually expressed privately: while sitting on your sofa, or while walking the dog, your anger is expressed silently, in your mind, furious and yelling at someone or something, and creating the illusion of control.

And yes, Firewind, as you say, this fear is often (and was in my case) caused by a past life experience.

Firewind, you are an immortal soul who needs to experience both light and darkness in order to learn and grow. You are lovable, and you are loved, and you are never alone. Those beings who love you are your Spirit Guides and Teachers and Elders and Family, (though some may now be manifest human or animal).

rie has it right:
Quote:perhaps that fear was part of the journey of discovery, of seeking. We may understand the catalyst(s) underlying such anxiety/fear and see the wisdom in anxiety/fear (thus development of understanding and acceptance of self). The stone wall maybe dismantled block by block... the cliff may be rather shallow when we are able to observe it more closely... the metal door that prevents us from going forward may be opened...

So now I live in a normal appearing (short and small and old) body. Now I look back at the terror with appreciation. And now I am exercising my plans to realize mySelf. And now I recognize how easy it is to find something else that needs to be done first. But, knowing that time isn't real, I can find humor as I manage to respect my intent. And now I better understand what lurks behind anger.

I began this thread with: I am consumed by fear, and it is keeping me from doing as I choose. I choose to become mySelf, but I fear failure.

While that is still somewhat true, it is also true that now I can detach and observe it. Now I can understand it. And now I can move on.

I am consumed by fear, and it is keeping me from doing as I choose. I choose to become mySelf, but I fear failure.

It's not as bad as it used to be. I used to be a hermit, afraid of everyone out there (for about 5 years). I used to feel the hairs stand up on the back of my neck while I was washing dishes. And during this time, I used to be obese, self medicating with food.

The fear doesn't "just creep up from the ground and pile itself higher and higher." The fear total and solid and is a constant companion. I did not know that I "must get on the other side of the wall." I knew instead, that I would always be worthless and terrified.

Then, one day, out of nowhere, a thought arrived. A very simple thought: "I am lovable." That, in a moment, changed everything. Nothing gradual, no "waiting for fear to dissipate," just a sudden click, and an ability to breathe.

You ask: "What valuable experiences and indeed "lessons" are these, here on earth?" Simple my friend: The value is soul growth, involving understanding and patience and empathy. I understand insanity and misery and the power of love. This understanding could be intellectual, but would never be heartfelt without my personal experience within it.

Fighting with fear, strengthens the fear.

Another fascinating lesson is about anger. Angry people are often terrified because they are not in full control of their circumstances or their lives. When I meet or observe anyones fury towards anyone or anything, my immediate reaction is a loving pity, and an understanding. When you feel that you have no control over your life, anger seems to feel like the best defense.

When engulfed in fear, your anger is usually expressed privately: while sitting on your sofa, or while walking the dog, your anger is expressed silently, in your mind, furious and yelling at someone or something, and creating the illusion of control.

And yes, Firewind, as you say, this fear is often (and was in my case) caused by a past life experience.

Firewind, you are an immortal soul who needs to experience both light and darkness in order to learn and grow. You are lovable, and you are loved, and you are never alone. Those beings who love you are your Spirit Guides and Teachers and Elders and Family, (though some may now be manifest human or animal).

rie has it right:
Quote:perhaps that fear was part of the journey of discovery, of seeking. We may understand the catalyst(s) underlying such anxiety/fear and see the wisdom in anxiety/fear (thus development of understanding and acceptance of self). The stone wall maybe dismantled block by block... the cliff may be rather shallow when we are able to observe it more closely... the metal door that prevents us from going forward may be opened...

So now I live in a normal appearing (short and small and old) body. Now I look back at the terror with appreciation. And now I am exercising my plans to realize mySelf. And now I recognize how easy it is to find something else that needs to be done first. But, knowing that time isn't real, I can find humor as I manage to respect my intent. And now I better understand what lurks behind anger.

I began this thread with: I am consumed by fear, and it is keeping me from doing as I choose. I choose to become mySelf, but I fear failure.

While that is still somewhat true, it is also true that now I can detach and observe it. Now I can understand it. And now I can move on.

Don't know why that repeated. Could be my computer ?
My biggest fear in my life was that I was being harvested negative, or so I thought. It was a schizophrenic episode. I thought I was being dragged into a star where I would burn up, and it terrified me. I remember when I thought I was going through the densities, and my mind became erratic, and it rocked my world. Suddenly the world around me began shaking violently in my mind, and I couldn't cope with it. Had to focus on the One Original Thought to keep me grounded. At these times I was forced into these experiences. There was also the time where I experienced creating a galaxy, and that wasn't comfortable either. I think my way of doing it wasn't the right way, because they are made with Love and Light, and my way just burned a lot. The only comfort I had during my spiritual experiences was seeing Ra as a miniature and talking telepathic with them. I've had my fair share of fear. Thinking I was going to hell, and that I had to end it all to keep from going there. I even once felt like I was being pulled into a spiritual black hole, and only God's love kept me safe.

And now I have such a desire to see and be on the other side, that I sort of fear a long life. But I also fear dying violently or in pain. It's not just a curiosity of the other side, it's something I really desire, and I feel homesick.
I think there are two aspects that can be seperated here:

A) The actual fear itself.
B) The inability of the being to look at what is fearful.

B isn't fear.
Thanks for all your answers. I don't have the time to go into all of it at the moment (well ... the truth is ... I, in reality, always "have" the time, but I do decide not to answer yet for I want to meditate on all those thoughts for some more, in a more "un-busy" setting).

I might have better used the word "anxiety" instead of "fear". In my native language German, we don't separate these words very clearly.

In any way, it has just occurred to me - this morning - that what is/was blocking me is not actually fear, it's shame.

And maybe that gives me a whole new way of looking at things (even though shame, deep down, is just fear again, fear of the self, and fear of others).

Now being able to call "it" by its true name, it might become much more accessible to me...

I am excited where this journey leads...

Heart
(05-13-2013, 06:53 AM)Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]I think there are two aspects that can be seperated here:

A) The actual fear itself.
B) The inability of the being to look at what is fearful.

B isn't fear.

Phoenix, I do agree, but B can be fear as well ... all too often, we dare not to look at our fears, because we are afraid to look.

In case you didn't mean the disability to look at fear itself, but at that which is fearful, then isn't this the disability to look at the Self? And fear of self is a grand fear... most of all that fear of realising that you yourself are so powerful ... so all-powerful ... which, of course, makes you responsible for everything you are manifesting and experiencing, and that is pretty scary, I dare say.

Let me give you a simple example of being afraid of fear itself. It's a silly little story, but at least it's got extraterrestrials in it, haha.

I grew up in a little village where, back then in the eighties, there were no street lights, so at night, it was pitch black. Today I would relish such darkness, lifting up my head, marvelling at the stars, soaking in their sparkling shine..., but back then, all I felt was a terrifying fear that a UFO were to land and alien beings were to take me away.

So I must have been old enough to know that UFOs existed (or are alleged to exist), but I was still quite young. And I was terrified of the dark ... especially outdoors, although in my imagination, extraterrestrials (who I never imagined in any specific shape) might always look (or come) through windows, or simply materialise themselves in the hallway, etc...

As I got older and more and more agnostic or, shall I call it, inclined towards scientism, this fear came to seem more and more ridiculous for me. Still, I just couldn't get over it.

And when I was much older, I started to examine my fear more closely and realised that I wasn't really afraid of UFOs or being taken anywhere.

They weren't going to do anything to me - I had never even thought about that. And about taking me away - didn't I want to get away all along, didn't I long for it, didn't I yearn just to get away, leaving that petty little local societal structure around me behind me and going to where I could be just myself (as a kid, I always said that I would emigrate to Australia or New Zealand once I'd have reached maturity. Alas, I didn't know about immigration laws back then, haha).

I was afraid of that fear itself, or, more exactly, of my own fear, of my own being afraid, of that terror being caused by those thoughts and imaginations of mine. I was afraid - and maybe quite rightly so - that my heart would stand still and just cease to beat - for ever - out of shere terror. I was simply afraid of fear. And I still am, I am afraid of that particular kind of all-paralysing, mind-numbing, "lethally frightening" terror.

It still can be triggered now (at least I think so), though very rarely so. I suppose I might trigger it by watching a documentary on UFOs late at night (since, in my experience, a lot of these documentaries unwittingly transmit a lot of material - or energies - inspired or impressed with vibrations of what we here in this forum like to call an "STS" nature).

A year ago or so, I underwent a distance energetic treatment for my health problems. I was specifically warned that a lot of fear might be released.

Well, what ensued was a very interesting experience indeed.

There it was, all that fear, in broad daylight, with some faint visions of strange, huge, insect-like creatures (not scary, just unfamiliar and strange and somewhat funny) ... it was a very joyful experience, in fact.

I felt so alive!

What turned out less joyful was the fact that I had taken the warning a wee bit too lightly - as, for what it seems, the energies and vibrations of such fear have to trickle down through the various emotional bodies and the physical nervous system as well, in order to be processed accordingly on each level; and this threw my nervous system into a kind of total paralysis (basically the physical aspect of a constant panic attack or something like that) for more than a year.

Only when I could convince my doctor to prescribe me some very strong tranquilisers (instead of treating my symptoms as those of a depression) have I been able to restore some kind of working equilibrium to my body and nervous system.

The story has a happy ending, after all: I am not afraid of aliens any more (or so I think). :)

I guess stumbling across the Ra material some years ago, and realising that there are "the good, the bad, and the ugly" (or, in other words, there are those we like to call STO, those we like to call STS, and those who are quite as foolish and confused as us humans, just with "slightly" better technology).

I have digressed once again, but I hope that you've enjoyed my little childhood story, haha. It wasn't by far the biggest fear of my childhood, by the way, but I'll tell more tales another day...

Have an interesting day! :)

(05-12-2013, 03:27 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]My biggest fear in my life was that I was being harvested negative, or so I thought. It was a schizophrenic episode. I thought I was being dragged into a star where... [...]

Dear Gemini Wolf, thanks for sharing.

Schizophrenia is really scary to me, and I am glad I have never experienced it (though I have been accused of it).

I might guess that once you're back "home", on the other side, you will yearn to go back to Earth. It's the biggest "party" here right now that has been on in a long time, and "everyone" wants to be here.

What we probably tend to forget when we are on the "other side" is how incredibly painful it is/can be to be here.

And now, clothed in our heavy and dense earth-suits, we often tend to overlook just how complex, how bountiful Life is. Day by day, I keep on discovering things I would never have dreamt existed.

Not only "tedious" spiritual stuff and such ... but also all those quaint and petty little ordinary things of daily life. Just imagine how weird most of our culture is ... what drives all of these people to do all these things, often, as if their life ... their "self" ... depended on it. But we are not to despise those brothers and sisters of ours! If you look long and closely, you will discover that every neurosis, every addiction, every waste of time... is sacred, divine, infinitely glorious in its own way.

And then, how diversified is human society! Billions of unique individuals, grouping themselves into different social complexes, and now, with the help of the internet, more and more so in a conscious and willful manner, seeking out those of similar disposition...

The complexity of our illusion, to quote Ra, is infinite - so isn't it just like a vast, vast playground without borders in any direction?

That said, it's a torture chamber as much as a playground, and I have to admit that when in the above paragraph I wrote "day by day", it was a fib, or a figure of speech, if you will. For me, it's rather month by month, year by year, or even - all too often - decade by decade. Still, I am convinced that it can be not only a "day by day", but even "a moment by moment" experience of wonder and amazement, and it will be--- one day/moment.

Speaking for myself, I am absolutely sure that my Higher Self, up there in the clouds ;) is rejoicing at whatever I am experiencing right now, and also at the fact that I have - so far - evaded all the situations that would have ended my life prematurely, or deprived me of the self-determination and relative freedom I now enjoy.

May Ra be with you! :)
(05-12-2013, 02:33 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]Fear is just negative wisdom that your Oversoul knows to be true that you are still consciously supressing in an ego driven effort to distort towards 'comfort' and 'sleep'.

I think I understand what you mean, but still, would you mind to elaborate a bit more?

To paraphrase your words in one sentence, what you are saying is that I am afraid of living the life of the Self, instead of the life of the "Person" I am/should be/am tried to be made into (and by "person" I mean that thought-construct created through culture and education and childhood imprints, which we navigate through our daily lives, a vehicle and mask which keeps us comfortable in most interactions with society, and a vehicle and mask which we tend to confuse with our true Selves and therefore often work quite hard and drudgingly to manifest a life centered around the "wants and needs" of said vehicle/mask instead of that life which does justice to the yearning for manifestation of our true nature in this world which emanates from our actual Selves)?

Phew, that was a long sentence indeed. I hope it is somwhat intelligible. Tongue

If this is what you mean ... yes, you are right.
I am scared of this.

Being your Self instead of being the you who you were taught to be - or even coerced into being - seems not that hard sitting here and musing about it...

But! ...the moment I get up from my chair ... well ... I think I don't need to describe what happens. Most of you here on this forum may be familiar with what i am hinting at.

3D-world is not only a little too 3-D for my palate accustomed to other savours ... it's also filled to the brim with thought-forms which say just the opposite of all that which I am desiring to be so sure of in my own mind.

They say: You must be afraid. You must fight.
They say: Don't even try. How foolish. You will fail. You MUST NOT FAIL. (What would your parents, etc. think? What would society think of you?Haha...)

I have never understood why it is supposed to be bad or despisable to be foolish, or to fail.

Don't all of us humans fail, aren't all of us humans foolish?

Why do "we" use all means within grasp just to conceal this to the best of our abilities, to maintain this facade of what a human being is supposed to be ... some kind of god, wiser than the gods themselves, and certainly more rational.

Why not fail and be foolish? I have done that for much of my life, and I have been scolded for it, thrown into self-doubt and depression and worse than that, but I have never died.

I have made people suffer because of the way I am, and because of the way I spoke, or behaved, or not behaved ... but suffer they did out of their own ignorance.

Of course, the "perfectly balanced being" would realise that it is one's own ignorance - another kind of ignorance - which is a co-creator in this suffering that one is causing for the other-self.

But even that is something we have to accept - we are humans, human after all, imperfect beings, ignorant, stumbling around in the dark, making others suffer, unintentionally, sometimes intentionally, and we have to forgive ourselves for this.

But we can vow to never cease in seeking to identitify the causes of suffering, whether they be inside or outside of ourselves, and to alleviate suffering wherever it is within our might and power. And to be at peace with suffering and accept it wherever it is outside of what we can influence as a single human being (and that, my friends, is a tricky question, and we are going to do a lot of work on ourselves in this regard in 4th and 5th density, until we can hope to gain understanding and peace in this matter).

Yes, be foolish and scared and be a failure, if you choose so. I have, at times, felt the deepest reverence at the emaciated alcoholic panhandling for money at the next street corner ... but society, as a whole, looks down on such human beings with scorn and disdain...

And if you don't want to be foolish and scared and a "failure", and you can't "will it away" instantaneously, be at peace with yourself and appreciate what you have now. That's a meager piece of advice, but all I can offer from the distillation of my own life experience so far.

Anyway, back to our topic. Fear.

Fear is keeping me from doing what I am actually supposed to be doing this very moment. Old and ancient fear and shame, muddled and clotted together somewhere deep inside my solarplexus, are making me procrastinate and type out these musing of my mind instead of getting work done. (Or at least meditating until "the solution" kicks in by divine grace).

At the same time, forming these thoughts by work of my dendrites and synapses and getting them out onto paper ... or rather, into bits and bytes, does help to clear up my chakras in ways that getting work done not always (though sometimes) does.

So, you might say that this fear of mine is friend and foe simultaneously ... that it is an ally and a treacherous saboteur.

I shall continue to share my life with it - for now - and be wary not to swing too much in either direction - "spiritual-semideluded" or "asleepish-productive".

Fear is a trickster, you might say. Neither good nor bad, but always a bit mischievous and always a pain in the ass...

Well, after spending quite a long time - all morning, to be exact - posting my copiously upwelling thoughts on this forum, I will now try to attend to some "proper" work once again. Still, as every time, I sincerely hope that in all these circumlocutions of mine, there may sometimes pearls be found among the mud, and some of my musing might - now or some other time - inspire other people the way other postings on this forum have - very significantly - provided inspiriation for my own survival and life-creation in the past. And for the most part, those were postings whose creators would - in all likelihood - never have expected to cause such uplifting effects with their own words, which oftentimes were only such ones quickly jotted down.

Courage and love to all of us! Heart
Quote:I think I understand what you mean, but still, would you mind to elaborate a bit more?
Sure.
Quote:To paraphrase your words in one sentence, what you are saying is that I am afraid of living the life of the Self, instead of the life of the "Person" I am/should be/am tried to be made into (and by "person" I mean that thought-construct created through culture and education and childhood imprints, which we navigate through our daily lives, a vehicle and mask which keeps us comfortable in most interactions with society, and a vehicle and mask which we tend to confuse with our true Selves and therefore often work quite hard and drudgingly to manifest a life centered around the "wants and needs" of said vehicle/mask instead of that life which does justice to the yearning for manifestation of our true nature in this world which emanates from our actual Selves)?
Yes. We are meant to spend most of our lives in a state of 'deathfear'.
Otherwise we would become aware of our true nature at a stage too early within the incarnation. This would defeat the point of coming here in the first place. There would be no discovery and due to the Law of Confusion one would not be able to enlighten otherselves with this knowledge as this would violate their right 'not to know'. The Guardians would ensure that. You would be just a passive observer of earthly drama.
So we 'put on the mask' and discover through life experience just how this mask does not fit. We learn what we are not. This is the great benefit of a veiled experience.
Quote:I am scared of this.
You are supposed to be.
Quote:Yes, be foolish and scared and be a failure, if you choose so. I have, at times, felt the deepest reverence at the emaciated alcoholic panhandling for money at the next street corner ... but society, as a whole, looks down on such human beings with scorn and disdain...
Exactly. Who is going to believe a drunken bum/loser/stoner etc?
It's a built in measure to ensure no violation of free will in a society that generally looks up at those who gain material 'success'.
Quote:And if you don't want to be foolish and scared and a "failure", and you can't "will it away" instantaneously, be at peace with yourself and appreciate what you have now. That's a meager piece of advice, but all I can offer from the distillation of my own life experience so far.
This creates a field of tension offering the choice to default to conforming to existing 3d patterns or doubling ones efforts in the search for higher truths. It creates a choice and thus the oppertunity for polarization towards both ends of the spectrum.
Quote:Fear is keeping me from doing what I am actually supposed to be doing this very moment. Old and ancient fear and shame, muddled and clotted together somewhere deep inside my solarplexus, are making me procrastinate and type out these musing of my mind instead of getting work done. (Or at least meditating until "the solution" kicks in by divine grace).
This is emotional clearing and probably exactly what you are 'supposed' to be doing right now. The solution is an answer to a heart felt question that is provided to you when you call by your own higher self not by divine grace. That's why this has to be difficult.
Quote:Fear is a trickster, you might say. Neither good nor bad, but always a bit mischievous and always a pain in the ass...
Not really. Fear is just knowledge of higher density negative polarity that has not yet been requested to enter the awareness.
For example: You build enough courage to look into a dark cave. You can sense that there is something 'bad' in there but you are also inquisitive to the point that you actually want to go there.
You enter the cave and are confronted with something terrifying and gruesome - the initial reaction is one of horror, the fear emotion becomes stronger. Then you settle and begin to ask "why does this thing exist, what is its purpose?". Then the higher self provides the awareness with the knowledge that brings light to this darkness. It becomes illuminated and the fear emotion subsides, replaced by a true understanding and a way of framing the 'thing' into a larger picture of reality.
This is what we call the gift of consciousness expansion and is the very reason we chose to subject ourselves to this veiled experience on a 3rd density planet.
(05-13-2013, 11:07 PM)Firewind Wrote: [ -> ]What turned out less joyful was the fact that I had taken the warning a wee bit too lightly - as, for what it seems, the energies and vibrations of such fear have to trickle down through the various emotional bodies and the physical nervous system as well, in order to be processed accordingly on each level; and this threw my nervous system into a kind of total paralysis (basically the physical aspect of a constant panic attack or something like that) for more than a year.

Wow, that was a good response Firewind. (the whole thing.)

I suspect you are a reflection of me. People have been in the past on this forum. And I have been doing a lot of work on myself and it is possible I'm going to deal with this sort of inner work one day.
upon further inquiry, Firewind, it would appear that most fears originate from the orange ray energy centre.

think of it this way -

if you absolutely no doubts (as in self-doubts) about yourself, then what situation could you be placed in on this planet that would lead you to 'fear'? that is not saying that you would 'succeed' in every situation, or that you would come away unscratched from every scenario, but if you had absolute self-belief in yourself, what could trigger you to create imaginary scenarios of a 'fearful event' in your mind?

that is not to say that an individual does not think ahead, consider possible outcomes, weigh up possibilities, some of which would have less than desired outcomes, but their emotional relationships to such scenarios would be more objective, and not colored by 'reluctance', 'lack of desire', or 'I don't want that to happen'.

that's my current stance having done a lot of orange-ray work quite recently, and feeling much less 'fear' about my presence in this world, what I need to do, and how I will go about doing it.

for someone with genuinely grounded self-belief, what fear would such an individual have of future events?
Thank you for your words, Plenum.

I still haven't digested them mentally, but this certainly opens up a new vista and has momentarily thrown me into great excitement...

I have long been wondering about the tenseness in my second chakra.

When looked at from any rational perspective, there may be some minor 2-c "issues", but basically, my second chakra can un-block quickly and even be thrown into overdrive easily (which, of course, isn't a "good" thing per se, but something which I hitherto rather used to attribute to the blockage in my third chakra, which - as I imagine it - makes the energy accumulate or "swell up" in the chakra just below).

Also, any healers I have visited over the course of many, many years have always spoken of my third chakra, and never of the second. Luckily, I have long realised that no degree of clairvoyance - however unbelievable and wondrous it may seem to those who have not witnessed it - matches up to what you yourself feel and experience, and the conclusions you can reach therefrom.

Greetings from my second chakra! ;)

And thanks! :)

I think the whole topic has become a bit muddled up ... the more I look at it, the more it seems that the "problem" I am dealing with is not so much fear per se, but certainly associated with fear (as are most of our problems, whether on a deeper level or in a more superficial way).

Therefore, a lot of the things I am (have been) writing about may not actually be directly related to the experience of fear, but "only" accompanied by fear because ... well, I don't know.

Something is happening which my mind is unable to grasp, but it feels the need to grasp it, or at least "something", in order to gain some degree of control over the situation. And that, of course, is the voice of fear, once again.

So fear seems to emanate from some source, and I can't determine where that is.

Well, to be honest, I can. It is - of course - about the Self.

But you cannot deliberately change or tinker with your self, once you have been born here and received all that human imprinting on your brain circuits in the first years of your life. Any attempt to do so might easily end up in a closed mental institution.

However, you can allow your self to change. Just like this. No effort.

But that seems to be a hard thing for me to do. Yes, meditation, no question. But there are 10 000 different things called meditation, and there are as many pitfalls. Also, I've got the feeling that the conscious effort to meditate can - in some cases - actually be a path into the "wrong" direction...

In any case, it's great to have this discussion.
Lots of inspiriation. Thanks!

As for me, I guess in such times it's best to just lean back on the passenger seat and "enjoy the ride". Fortunately, we've all been blessed with pretty good drivers, haven't we?

And not regret anything or feel less worthy because of anything I let or make happen. Since that, as Plenum has kindly pointed out in his previous post, might, by way of further compromising my second chakra, perpetuate my little conundrums at this space/time nexus... :)

To make one more little edit, for clarification, may I note that, in my post, I have used the word "self" for both, well, the Self itself, and, at the same time, for that little (or sometimes pretty sizeable) bundle of mental, um, stuff, we carry around with(in) ourselves and identify ourselves with. That important but at times cumbersome tool we do need in order to live as humans here on this sphere. That thing which I also like to call "persona", or which is oftentimes, with a negative connotation, called the "ego"...

I hope I didn't cause confusion for anybody by this throwing together of terms. Ah, language...

Oh my, this thread seems to make me procrastinate all the more, by making me ponder and write all this stuff. But one part of me, which I cherish most dearly, knows very well that "wasting my time" this way might, in the end, prove much more "effective" for my "goals" (??) than anything I might try to undertake on a physical level...

Enough for now! :P
(05-15-2013, 11:32 PM)Firewind Wrote: [ -> ]I think the whole topic has become a bit muddled up ... the more I look at it, the more it seems that the "problem" I am dealing with is not so much fear per se, but certainly associated with fear (as are most of our problems, whether on a deeper level or in a more superficial way).

Therefore, a lot of the things I am (have been) writing about may not actually be directly related to the experience of fear, but "only" accompanied by fear because ... well, I don't know.

Something is happening which my mind is unable to grasp, but it feels the need to grasp it, or at least "something", in order to gain some degree of control over the situation. And that, of course, is the voice of fear, once again.

So fear seems to emanate from some source, and I can't determine where that is.

My perception of the truth is, as a very wise psychotherapist once told me: You can't really analyse negativity, it doesn't go anywhere.

I had this situation the other day. I tried to understand what happened during a period of my life. I looked at it and got nowhere. Then I focused on the POSITIVE aspects of the same situation and it started to make sense.
Most certain way to never go anywhere, spend all your times analyzing negativity.

Edit: Also incidentally the way to turn into a black hole.
(05-16-2013, 09:19 AM)Not Sure Wrote: [ -> ]Most certain way to never go anywhere, spend all your times analyzing negativity.

Edit: Also incidentally the way to turn into a black hole.

I try to allow the negativity into the field without becoming too imbalanced and whilst inviting the antithesis of the thought form to manifest. Sort of like 'holding' the thought for a while but without analysis as that would be attempted from within the existing framework of mind.
The solution is not contained in the problem.
Previously I found the Litany against Fear from the Dune series to be quite helpful. While I've grown since I read the books the idea of the litany still holds some power. It focuses on detachment from fear and remaining whole despite its (fear) efforts to cripple our minds and bodies.

That aside I too have found fear to be an early catalyst and a tedious bondage of self/others.
OR as they say in the CWG book:

Feeling Energized And Ready.

FEAR
(05-15-2013, 10:29 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]upon further inquiry, Firewind, it would appear that most fears originate from the orange ray energy centre.

yes, I have some further thoughts on this plenum, if I may? yes, go ahead, feel free to speak plenum. Smile

- -

umm, I think that fear, like love, has many aspects and permutations. We can speak of different 'kinds of fear' as well as different aspects or 'purities' of love. The particular type of fear that I spoke of above that relates to the orange ray energy centre takes on a particular type of manifestion, I believe, or has done so in my case anyway.

I sort of delved down deep into this 'fear', and it is the kind of fear that creates 'nightmare scenarios or situations' for the self ... almost creating a living worst-case scenario for one's reality. It is the imagination being misapplied to find the worst possible outcomes for any situation; a disempowerment of the self, an invalid actor, someone who 'screws up', says the wrong thing, fumbles and drops the ball. Is inept basically. A personal power outage in other words.

I traced back my earliest memory of this 'orange ray fear' and found that it was activated in my first year of high school; I am guessing around age 12 or 13, maybe corresponding to the onset of puberty. Of course, I had 'known' fear before that age; but that 'fear' was confined to physically dangerous situations, where I had to be careful to protect the body from harm. That is a kind of 'natural' fear; a protective fear, a fear founded for a good reason.

but this orange ray fear of which I speak is one where the self is seen as inadequate for the situation (any situation) and so imagines the worst outcome possible in any situation. It creates a nightmare reality, quite literally; one always fearing the worst, of making that HUGE mistake embarassing oneself no-end.

anyway, this 'nighmare generator' of realities has been present in my life to varying degrees; acting with greater intensity at some times, and less at others. But I believe that is the root cause; and further investigations will show if I have disabled/balanced this orange ray blockage.

thanks for listening, and I know that you are not a regular to the forums Firewind, but this seemed a good place to share my investigations and where they have lead me.

thanks again for bringing up the topic, and stirring up my thoughts on this matter.

much love,

plenum

Melissa

Ha, plen! I'm also the proud owner of a nightmare generator Smile
I think I've become more aware when that machine is doing it's work again, which helps a lot. I try to look at/learn from past situations where I was certain something awful would happen and felt absolutely terrified but what actually happend was: nothing. It's funny how scared I am of many things but often times surpise myself by doing all sort of crazy stuff, when I think about certain 'adventures' it's sometimes hard to imagine that was 'me' also.
[deleted]
Speculation: Fear is "Rejectance" mixed with "Powerlessness".
I see fear as darkness, the unknown, or ignorance. When I begin to know the truth about a matter and fully understand it, the fear is gone. Humans naturally fear darkness. It's all the unknown things that could happen, but if you know what is around you and are comfortable with your reality darkness doesn't have to have an effect on you. My way of seeing fear is super simple and by getting to know that which I fear I turn darkness into light.
(11-10-2013, 02:24 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Speculation: Fear is "Rejectance" mixed with "Powerlessness".

You can also accept something through fear in search of power.
speculation: fear is something to laugh about in the future.
speculation: wont even remember what fear is to laugh at it Wink