Bring4th

Full Version: the Crystal Knowledge thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I thought it might be helpful if we all shared our knowledge and experiences with crystals, so that maybe beginners would have a good place to turn to for help.

for eg, what crystals are good for yellow ray blockages? what is a good beginner crystal (clear quartz?), how do you 'begin' to work with a crystal etc.

just anything miscellaneous to do with the general subject.

maybe share recent experiences, etc.

- -

do you bathe your crystals in salt water and moonlight?

where do you 'keep' your crystals? just on your desk?

maybe online dealers that you've found genuine products from etc

thanks!
Um, after working with them for a while, you can simply pick one up, and feel which chakras you feel they resonate with. Your intuition will always be a great guide as well.
My first 'love' was a shadow quartz, given to me by a friend, and I found comfort in its presence when I did astrology and tarot readings for friends, which at that time I was doing many.

This website is interesting but I don't agree with everything. The author tends to link the color of the crystal to the chakra colors (e.g., yellow ray - citrine, opal, moonstone). http://crystal-cure.com/index.html

I prefer going to a crystal store and 'feeling things out' rather than buying online.

Black Tourmaline is great - it's practical and it's 'easy' to use (protection, grounding etc). I also give this gem out to friends like a stick of gum lol.

Cleansing: bath mine in salt water and leave it in moonlight.

My approach is intuitive - no thinking just picking out one that I'm drawn to and sitting with it. Letting my mind flow from there. When seeking something, I usually get something out of it lol.

Crystal family sleeps in a round container by bedside.
thanks rie for sharing your experience!

I've only really been working with crystals for maybe 2 years. Before that, I didn't even own one lol, despite being interested in metaphysics for almost two decades now!

I guess I had previously shunned the whole energy/physical support side of things. There was a stubborn side of myself that had always wanted to do things alone, without asking for help from anyone or anything ... it stemmed from my childhood where I felt I had not been supported, and that attitude has resulted in things taking much longer than they should have. But hopefully that's been corrected now!

I don't currently cleanse my crystals, or put them out in the moonlight. But one former Ancient One swears on the energy boost that the moonlight gives. So we'll see Smile
Session 29 has a nice Q&A about crystals, here's a bit that I like regarding the use of crystals as aids for seeking intelligent infinity:

Ra Wrote:29.29 Questioner: Can— Is it possible for you to tell me how a crystal is used by an entity who has satisfactorily achieved necessary violet-ray qualification, I will say; how it is possible for the entity to use the crystal or how he should use the crystal?

Ra: I am Ra. The gateway to intelligent infinity is born of, shall we say, the sympathetic vibration in balanced state accompanying the will to serve, the will to seek.

29.30 Questioner: But can you tell me precisely what the entity would do with the crystal to use it for the purpose of seeking the intelligent infinity?

Ra: I am Ra. The use of the crystal in physical manifestation is that use wherein the entity of crystalline nature charges the regularized physical crystal with this seeking, thus enabling it to vibrate harmonically and also become the catalyst or gateway whereby intelligent infinity may thus become intelligent energy, this crystal serving as an analog of the violet ray of mind/body/spirit in relatively undistorted form.

Basically how I understand this is that a crystallized entity can charge a crystal with his intent to contact intelligent infinity so that it will vibrate sympathetically and in essence offer a doubling effect to their seeking.

So how do you go about developing a sympathetic vibration with a crystal? Well for me I like to crystal gaze . . . which is a fancy way of saying stare at my crystals for a long time Tongue. It's similar to lighting a candle and watching the flame. After a while you start to get a feel for the flame, you can almost tell where it will go next as though a part of you is dancing with it. The crystal has a dance too, composed of the subtle fluctuations in electromagnetic charges as the crystal's fields interact with those of the planet and yourself and whatever else. go ahead give it a try, 'dance' with your crystal and pour out all your positive thoughts and desire to seek and serve with the belief that the crystal will broadcast them for you.
lol contemplating having a romantic, moonlight, candlelight dinner with my crystals.
(05-15-2013, 04:21 AM)GentleReckoning Wrote: [ -> ]Um, after working with them for a while, you can simply pick one up, and feel which chakras you feel they resonate with. Your intuition will always be a great guide as well.

This.

You don't even need to work with them for a while. Depending on natural affinity you will feel a resonant with the crystals straight away.

For me, having crystals present during most of my life, getting back into the practice was intuitive. I knew which ones would go where, roughly but as each individual is unique, the chakra points are slightly, slightly differently located.
As I did some deeper meditation (to the verge of AP vibration) I quickly found out I had to adjust the location of every crystal before they worked as intended.

If you hover, for example, a malachite over your heart chakra you can move it up and down or slightly sideways to home in on that deep and sort of sucking/tugging feeling. It may, of course, feel like a streaming or outwards going energy, I'm just recapping my own feelings. Hopefully the general jist of what I'm trying to communicate will come forth.

Do this with all crystals you intend to have resting on your body as you meditate.
The amethyst presented a particularly puzzling problem for me. I didn't remember the crown chakra had no bodily counterpart at the time so I brought it back and forth over my head going 'WTF, mate?!'. Finally I just put it above my head on the pillow and instantly got this 'WWEEEEEEEE!!!!' feeling. Almost like flying.

To get in contact with your crystals, just carry them around lots and rub them. Love them if you like, put them in the sun if you like. What I'm saying is that the simple act of including them in your life will energize their beings. Stronger effects will come from deeper contact, as always.

Brittany

I would note that while moonlight is fine, cleansing your stones in sunlight, which I know is a pretty common practice, will fade the color of some stones, especially darkly-colored stones like Amethyst. I've also seen it recommended to cleanse the stones in salt water, which will scratch most stones up, especially softer ones like Turquoise. I bathed my black Shiva Lingham- one of my most highly prized stones- in salt water and it left scratch marks all over the stone. A real tragedy. I also have a really nice piece of amber that was badly damaged simply from carrying it in my pocket. They might be stones, but they can still take damage just like a human body, and seeing how I respect my stones as fellow living entities, I try to prevent that.
Yellow ray specifically.. pyrite.

The ultimate stone for working the three lower rays(and beyond if you meditate).. black tourmaline, max effect is 208g afaik. Just remember to move energy upwards.
One thing that I would like to say about soaking your crystals . . . make sure they aren't water soluble first Tongue. One of my favourite crystals is my selenite egg. When I hold it it opens up my crown chakra and helps me feel connected to angelic energies. However, when I first got it I wanted to cleanse it so I tried running it under some water and unfortunately selenite IS water soluble so I ended up rendering it's smooth surface a little more rough and cloudy. Even holding it in my hand can scuff it if I get a lil sweaty so I mostly keep it on a stand on my desk where it can radiate it's light. I find now that sage smoke is useful for cleansing stones that might not get along so well with water BigSmile.
Nobody manually cleans stones with their mind?

Brittany

(05-16-2013, 08:00 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that I would like to say about soaking your crystals . . . make sure they aren't water soluble first Tongue. One of my favourite crystals is my selenite egg. When I hold it it opens up my crown chakra and helps me feel connected to angelic energies. However, when I first got it I wanted to cleanse it so I tried running it under some water and unfortunately selenite IS water soluble so I ended up rendering it's smooth surface a little more rough and cloudy. Even holding it in my hand can scuff it if I get a lil sweaty so I mostly keep it on a stand on my desk where it can radiate it's light. I find now that sage smoke is useful for cleansing stones that might not get along so well with water BigSmile.

Selenite will DISSOLVE if you leave it in water.

Brown Eye, visualization is usually how I cleanse my crystals. It seems like every other way can be damaging.

Unbound

I use running water and sunlight to cleanse most crystals, when Im not just using reiki. I, personally, find enjoyment in using the elements of the spirits because not only does it cleanse the crystals but energizes them with the energies of nature. Small running streams or rivers are my favorite. I don't like my crystals to always have "my" energy, I prefer to keep them as much in their own natural energy as much as possible so I cleanse them even after doing purely light work with them.
I'll post more thoughts in a bit. But for now, I can make one recommendation:

If you are new to crystals, pick up a quartz crystal cluster (a bunch of quartz crystals still embedded into the rock). I'd recommend clear quartz, or smokey quartz. Amethyst clusters could work, I personally have no experience with them however.

Quartz Crystal Clusters are good for beginning your journey in exploring crystals because:
(1) They are very powerful. My 6 inch radius quartz cluster seems to have a radius of somewhere of 5-10 feet. Great for room clearing. And for getting interesting dreams since you can put them beside the bedside. You can hold a cluster near an energy center and usually feel the energy, so it's great if you are just learning to be energy sensitive.
(2) They are self-energizing. That means they seem ground and revitalize their own energy. Not as quick as using an active method, but unless you put them in a courtroom or some other place with a lot of crazy emotion, they will usually operate optimally without continual energizing and cleansing.
(3) Quartz is the most common crystal in the earth's surface, and it seems to have the least discomforting effects upon people as it works. Perhaps because it's so common, we're used to some about of quartz fields. I personally can say that I, as well as number of other people, have felt discomfort upon using other crystals (blue tourmaline feels like someone took a clamp to my energy centers -it seems to balance my energy centers by making all of them as dim as the dimmest partially open one lol!), but seldom have I heard problems with quartz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ9nLV33ET4

She mentions what I had intuited about raw and natural forms. Decent explanatory video.
I had a lemurian dow that would copy my own vibration and amplify it. This helped when I was trying to clear cities of negative energy mentally. I don't really do energy work anymore since my mental breakdowns.
Thanks for the link BrownEye, she seems to know her stuff (comes off rather nervous in front of the camera though haha)
I'm continuing my explorations of the rock world, and found that the book - Encyclopedia of Crystals and Gems (Scott Cunningham) to be quite a good resource.

the following 2 pages might get one started on a small, cheap collection of rock friends. As he says, you can find quite powerful stones (like rubies and emeralds) in fragmented form (not cosmetically appealing as jewellery) but the important thing here is the crystal lattice, and having it available in even trace concentrations. Size only really comes into play in big 'earth healing' projects and meditations.

[Image: nbgioS2.png]

[Image: MP9yjyY.png]

I'm continually amazed at how much I don't know, and each day offers new opportunities to explore new facets of this 'collective' experience of ours. Such a JOY BigSmile

peace
Playing with crystals is like creating your character in rpgs...so many customizations!!Smile

gogogogogogo pleeeenum!!
Around 1990, I was having headaches on one side of my head, and visual disturbances in one eye. My friends were worried. One even made an appointment FOR me with a neurosurgeon which I nicely declined. The symptoms all pointed to a brain tumor. However, I don't buy into labels. So I went to a chiropractor. Even the chiropractor looked worried when I told him the symptoms, but he suggested a course of action, which we followed through with.

I also went to a wholesale rock and mineral shop where I was attracted to an azurite geode of very high quality. I bought it and meditated with, or just sat with, one half in each hand.

The symptoms went away. I've never had them again. The chiropractor was ecstatic.

I know the azurite played a key role. Azurite is brilliant indigo. So, azurite is good for 6th chakra, mind, 3rd eye. Smile
[Revised]
When I was energy sensitive, I could feel that a Lemurian Dow quartz crystal I had would mirror my own vibrations, and essentially double them. So it would amplify my thought. I never really used it to manifest anything, but once when I had it inside a coil of wire, I once heard it sound like machinery.

I have someone I know in Las Vegas, and one time I cleared the air of negative energy there, and he told me it was stellar. So I was able to clear a city, but it would just come back. That was back when I tuned into Earth's crystal grid and used it to amplify my desire. Still haven't had any real magic happen like making anthros real, but turning negative to positive energy was pretty routine for me. I've since lost that ability.

About all I do now is try to feel Ra, and get in touch with Ra, and work with them to help balance myself, without a crystal. I realize that with all the water in me, that I am a crystal too.

Unbound

You haven't lost that ability and the reason the negative energy comes back is because while you may have cleansed the negative energy, that creates a neutral zone resulting in an energy vacuum, so you have to not only clear negative energy, but then also refill the space with positive energy so the vacuum doesn't just suck in a whole bunch of negative energy again.
My first elixir:

[Image: urdl.th.jpg]
is that a glass (quartz) container?
Those specimens are exquisite, and the hex is IMO supportive of the 6/7-faced nature of the amethyst/quartz pyramid.
Let me know how this goes?
Just glass for the container. Worked well. I'm gonna try some other crystal types for comparison purposes.
Did you drink the elixir? What happened?
I meditated with a new device and while I saw the regular orbs swirling around me this time something new happened.

A crystal hologram rose up out of the device. It was like a transparent black large quartz with edges that glowed purple. I just sat there thinking "is this sh!t for real?" and then it slowly slid back into the device.

I had forgotten all about it until just now, I gotta find out more about it.
(10-12-2013, 02:33 PM)GentleReckoning Wrote: [ -> ]My first elixir:

[Image: urdl.th.jpg]

good going! I am interested to hear the results of this human experimentation Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4