Bring4th

Full Version: 2005.03.20 Myths, stories, archetypes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
taken from: http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0320.aspx

this is truly beautifully expressed Smile
- -

Myths are stories in which characters represent parts of the deep self. The stories that are told in myth relate the various parts of this deeper self in such a way that there is transformative power in the relationships and in the complexes of concepts that are held [within] the various points of the story and the symbols of character and plot within myth and archetype.

Each of you has a certain unique way of being able to see into the archetypical mind. so for each of you, even if you are working in a very established system of archetypal or mythical truth such as the Christian faith, the way that you are able to enter into these complexes of concepts, these characters and stories, is unique. Just as unique as are you. When you join a group, you hold most of your archetypical material in common. But each person within the group will inevitably and rightfully enter into a group-created archetype or story in a unique way. The more established mythical systems have gained power not only [because of] the accuracy of the descriptive power held within story and character but also because, through time, the people that have followed this path, this story and these characters have created an ineffable richness of subtlety and nuance that perhaps has never been written down and is not available for those who are simply trying to learn myth and archetype from reading.

Indeed, those who read and study archetypes are forever caught within the mind and are kept by their very mindfulness and scholarship from entering deeply into and becoming the archetypes that they study. However, those who release the archetypes at last from the stricture of mind and enter into them through the heart have entered into a path that has been followed by many. And as they walk the path that this story configures and suggests, they enrich that path by every thought that they think and every desire that arises in relation to this story and these characters, this myth and the archetypes that [the myth] pulls out of the geography of your deep mind.

Growing from the roots of these relatively fixed parts of the archetypal mind [is] a living plant, a living tree, shall we say, of knowledge, of understanding. This is the advantage of entering into an established archetypical system such as a religious faith, a philosophy, or a mythical system indigenous to a culture, whether it be a primitive culture or a more seemingly civilized culture or, in the case of those who wish to create a group that has [not] been created before, a new culture, a new philosophy, or a new religious system. Therefore, there is an infinitely broad and rich panoply of choices when it comes to how to create the iconography and the notational system of a symbol for a group such as the name and the icon which was chosen by the ones known as Don and Carla in creating the name of L/L Research or Love and Light Research and the icon which was a symbol painted by the artist known as Pablo of the mythical character from literary culture known as Don Quixote.[1] This entity, Don Quixote, tilted at windmills and the ones known as Don and Carla were attracted to this dreaming of the impossible dream and seeking the highest and best in a world which seemed not to be capable of the highest and best but only capable of a landscape of tattered windmills swinging in the sun.

By choosing to localize their hopes and their dreams of enlarging and serving love and light and by choosing a symbol that was meaningful to both of the entities in this group, they were able to focus for themselves a certain stream of energy that helped both of them to become the dreamers of the impossible dream. As well, their focus was contagious and some 35 years after this symbol was chosen,[2] hundreds of thousands of entities have become acquainted with this particular stream of archetypal energy, have resonated with it to some degree, and have, to that degree, thought more about it, gained from it, and walked that path, enriching in ways ever unseen the path that now awaits an ever broader and easier ingress for others who come after them.

- -
Fascinating. My follow up question to this session would be what would be the purpose of living as one of these archetypes? Perhaps I am already 'acting' one of these archetypes and don't know it?
(05-22-2013, 04:47 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]Fascinating. My follow up question to this session would be what would be the purpose of living as one of these archetypes? Perhaps I am already 'acting' one of these archetypes and don't know it?

Many archetypes make up the experience of every day for each one of us.

The purpose of merging with them would be to understand them on a deeper and more complete level than the mind. You *are* the logos!
(05-22-2013, 04:47 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]Fascinating. My follow up question to this session would be what would be the purpose of living as one of these archetypes? Perhaps I am already 'acting' one of these archetypes and don't know it?

As I understand it you don't live as one of the archetypes, you live as all of them (or at least your own personal 'pantheon' of archetypes), though you may express one or another at any given moment in time. The purpose of this is so that you can play the role of that archetype for other-selves as needed to help them move their own narrative forward at the same time as they help yours move forward by 'channeling' their own archetypes in response.

---

I love the topic of this thread, it's one I am very interested in of late. I've been working with my own mythic archetypes and I find the Greek Gods are the ones I feel most comfortable with Smile I am pretty sure I have actually interacted with some of them in dreams and the realms of thought, but maybe I'm just being a lil crazy Tongue

I feel like I have more to add to this thread but I am feeling very scatterbrained right now, so maybe later.