Bring4th

Full Version: The Frustration of not being able to Serve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe one of the greatest difficulties living on this planet is the sense of being powerless in the face of seeing great suffering.

in your heart of hearts, there is a desire to serve

and yet, the means or opportunities or skillset appear to be missing from the individual.

this can lead to enormous Frustration.

I've come to terms with this by allowing my inner guidance to lead me to the places/opportunities where I can use what I know (skills) in situations where there is a calling for service.

but I know that not everyone has access to such faculties.

I feel for your frustrations, and I can see how that frustration could start eating you up inside.

peace fellow lightseekers.
Is it not enough to be of service through mere being, a passive radiator? There is good will, then there is a desire to control the environment.. the latter I would categorize as negative. Not only that, the pain it causes benefits neither you nor your brethren/sistren.
I would think so Aureus Smile

but the 'conscious mind' always wants to do 'more'; be an actor, 'do' something to fix something.

but yes, Ra tells us that there are radiations on a level that are non-physical (non-visible) and yet they have most profound effects.

be a passive radiator lol!
yes I can relate to the frustration, but I've learn the hard way that the best help I can give is been an example. To radiate that internal light/love, of been kind to my fellow bros and sis here, of been compassionate.

I've tried so hard to explain the things I know/understand/feel/see...and all I feel is that I'm putting my foot in my mouth over and over again.
(05-17-2013, 06:19 AM)Aureus Wrote: [ -> ]Is it not enough to be of service through mere being, a passive radiator? There is good will, then there is a desire to control the environment.. the latter I would categorize as negative. Not only that, the pain it causes benefits neither you nor your brethren/sistren.

How about the desire to influence the environment?
You say there is good will and the desire to control as if these were the only options. I can think of many ways to influence that would be totally positive.
(05-17-2013, 01:40 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]How about the desire to influence the environment?
You say there is good will and the desire to control as if these were the only options. I can think of many ways to influence that would be totally positive.
Influence can be both negative and positive.. Depends from where the action stems. It's true that I only mentioned extremes.
The title of this thread is misleading because according to Ra

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. All serve the One Creator. There is nothing else to serve, for the Creator is all that there is. It is impossible not to serve the Creator. There are simply various distortions of this service.

I am not frustrated at all.
Every day I ask that I may serve to the highest extent of my capability.
You can't do better than your best.

Brittany

<radiates awesome>
My process of exploration around this topic: to plunge into the depth of my own self to explore the desire/need to service others. It is an opportunity to develop self awareness (while working with red, orange, yellow ray issues). Self awareness helps me to have understanding of unfolding internal experiences in the moment. Self awareness helps me to quickly assess what is occurring in the moment and make wiser choices in the moment. Self awareness helps me to understand if my desire/need to be of service comes from own unresolved issue. I guess it is a way to minimize projections that we all tend to make. There is no right or wrong service, or selfish or altruistic or self-less service. There is *efficient* service.

And then opportunity opens to work w/ catalyst and cycle of contemplation/reflection/work repeats!
(05-17-2013, 06:19 AM)Aureus Wrote: [ -> ]Is it not enough to be of service through mere being, a passive radiator? There is good will, then there is a desire to control the environment.. the latter I would categorize as negative. Not only that, the pain it causes benefits neither you nor your brethren/sistren.

This rings true for me. I don't feel especially called to serve in any outward way. If life takes a course where I am obligated to serve, I shall do so without hesitation. But I do serve in my own way, by helping my mother carry her wheelchair to places when she needs it to go out. That's about the extent of my service. But I feel fine at this point in my life. My life feels fulfilled, even if I haven't done much. Sure I have lessons I can always learn, but I don't feel like my guide is prodding me to do more. I don't really feel my guide's presence. So hard to say how he or she is helping me. So I don't feel pain for not serving more, because I don't feel like my guide is calling me to do so. Perhaps this life is for one of relaxing more. Albeit I will have to work soon again. But I've had 6 months of relaxing from any work. Kind of an extended vacation. Haven't done much at home during this time. Served my mom when the need arises.
I think it's also helpful to note that one cannot help but 'teach'.

ie, teaching is not reserved for those who are deliberately recognised as 'teachers' and 'gurus'.

we teach by every conscious choice we make, every expression or every participation ... every action, thought, or word is reflective of our inner beliefs or inner thought patterns ... and these explicit expressions of our beliefs happen with what we pay attention to, what we choose to engage with, etc. The 'how and what' we believe is expressed in the pure flow of our daily lives. We are living examples of our belief structures.

and this radiated expression of self through life is catalyst for others. Either to accept you for whatever qualities you may be presenting, or act as an inspiration as someone who embodies a 'quality' or belief pattern that you would like to incorporate as well.

we teach by the way we move through our life.
Plenum, is the teaching you are referring to called by Ra teach/learn? What's the difference between teach/learn and learn/teach? I see them both in the Law of One.
Garry, I think what you say is quite true, but it's also worth noting that Ra did distinguish between teaching and being.

Quote:1.9 ...The few whom you will illuminate by sharing your light are far more than enough reason for the greatest possible effort. To serve one is to serve all. Therefore, we offer the question back to you to state that indeed it is the only activity worth doing: to learn/teach or teach/learn. There is nothing else which is of aid in demonstrating the original thought except your very being, and the distortions that come from the unexplained, inarticulate, or mystery-clad being are many. Thus, to attempt to discern and weave your way through as many group mind/body/spirit distortions as possible among your peoples in the course of your teaching is a very good effort to make. We can speak no more valiantly of your desire to serve.

However, I personally find the italicized section a little overstated. Surely healing and magical workings are also of aid in demonstrating the original thought.

Gemini, I think when Ra says "teach/learning" they're referring to what we call teaching, and when they say "learn/teaching" they're referring to what we call learning.

Edit: I forgot Garry prefers the names our parents gave us to the screen names we chose for ourselves. Wink
(05-18-2013, 06:29 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Plenum, is the teaching you are referring to called by Ra teach/learn? What's the difference between teach/learn and learn/teach? I see them both in the Law of One.

hi Gemini.

I think Ra uses that terminology because its a deliberate recognisition that the verb 'teach' or the verb 'learn' can't really be considered in isolation ... ie that for one to be able to 'teach' there has to be someone to 'learn' at the other side of the interaction.

so with our language we focus in on one side of the interaction, without really acknowledging the 'process' of what's going on. Ie, to use a very tangential analogy, its like having 'sex'; you can't really do it on your own (well, I guess some sex counts as solo lol), but 'sex' is the process/acitivity between two individuals.

and I guess we don't have a word that encompasses what happens when two people come together for the purposes of 'sharing information' I would guess. The person who is 'offering the information' being the 'teacher' and the other person being the 'learner'.

so yeah, that's my reading of why Ra uses that odd expression of teach/learn and learn/teach.

its pointing to the coin; rather than one side of the face.
yah, thanks for that quote Tobey.

it's a good one Smile

I like the 'mystery clad being' part. Sounds like a super-hero almost BigSmile
(05-18-2013, 06:36 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: I forgot Garry prefers the names our parents gave us to the screen names we chose for ourselves. Wink

LOL!

So is it ok to call you Tobey now instead of "copy and paste"? BigSmile
I still prefer "copy and paste." BigSmile

Aloneness

I call this planet a shithole quite regularly because I feel as if I have enough love to give,
for each and everyone, and then some. Which almost always leads to some kind of frustration.
(05-28-2013, 03:44 PM)Aloneness Wrote: [ -> ]I call this planet a shithole quite regularly because I feel as if I have enough love to give,
for each and everyone, and then some. Which almost always leads to some kind of frustration.

I'm having a hard time understanding this point of view. What is frustrating about being full of love? If you have enough love to give to everyone . . . then make it so! Does the frustration come from not getting anything in return? How does this make the planet a shithole?

Aloneness

(05-28-2013, 03:51 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-28-2013, 03:44 PM)Aloneness Wrote: [ -> ]I call this planet a shithole quite regularly because I feel as if I have enough love to give,

I'm having a hard time understanding this point of view. What is frustrating about being full of love? If you have enough love to give to everyone . . . then make it so! Does the frustration come from not getting anything in return? How does this make the planet a shithole?

I don't want anything in return and I don't know how to interact with people anymore because their vibrational level feels somewhat incompatible with mine. I cannot sit here and be a passive radiator but I can't move either. That's slightly frustrating, hence the shitholeness.
I guess I'm serving in my own way just by being here. There are situations I wish were different, but I think I'm where I need to be.
What about urges to provide catalyst? Is that seen as controlling environment?
Noted, I come from a 'mixed' upbringing so my polarity seems to swing here and there some. Finding out that you like to serve others more than yourself a good part into an existing polarization messes up quite some knowledge/understanding.